Forum › My Cute Little Kitten discussion

Fishbowl%20man
joined May 6, 2018

I can't help but be a little bit disappointed in how easily she fell in love. I actually really enjoyed the uncertainty over whether she even swung that way or was just desperate. A somewhat unhealthy romance between genuinely caring friends sounds really interesting, like a Kodama Naoko manga but with decent people. I'd go for that.

Instead, all I'm getting is this cute vanilla yuri. How dreadful.

Hana3
joined Mar 22, 2018

My cat threw up right next to me while I was reading this. He knows what's up.

I also was confused why two people would need that many rooms, but I had re-read the 3rd chapter right before and remembered Yuna saying that they should look for 2 rooms. Maybe it was just some inconsistency by Morinaga? I suppose we'll find out when they actually find a pet friendly apartment. Or alternatively, if they are thinking long term residency, it's always better to buy a little bigger if you can afford it.

As alluring as the thought of a bed in the kitchen is, I shudder at all those crumbs. Crumbs where crumbs don't belong.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

The way I interpreted it was one shared bedroom, one room for Yuna to use as her office since she works from home and would need her own space for that (which her current bedroom provides since it's not shared), and one other bedroom for use as a guest room. As for why in the kitchen, perhaps it's because Yuna is an airhead and trying to picture having the guest bed/space still squeezed into a 2 bedroom like where they're living now..

last edited at Feb 5, 2019 10:47AM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

"What? a potential sell for comission? Nah, I rather deny it and be sexist to the customers, that's definitely the best course of action".

last edited at Feb 6, 2019 7:41AM

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

"What? a potential sell for comission? Nah, I rather deny it and be sexist to the customers, that's definitely the best course of action".

Some people just don't want money.

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

Ahh I love how Morinaga's style has evolved over the years. This looks so different than Girl Friends for example. I'm interested to see how the plot will develop and what will be the source of suspense going forward.

joined Mar 15, 2017

Why the hell do they need three bedrooms?

They don't. Yuna asked whether a bedroom was needed (要る) and Rena told her it was without properly understanding the question. I think Yuna was wondering whether Rena would want a bedroom of her own, while Rena was thinking about sex. The other room is most likely Yuna's office.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Why the hell do they need three bedrooms?

They don't. Yuna asked whether a bedroom was needed (要る) and Rena told her it was without properly understanding the question. I think Yuna was wondering whether Rena would want a bedroom of her own, while Rena was thinking about sex. The other room is most likely Yuna's office.

Okay, good. That's what I thought happened, but god is it hard to translate fragmented lines that different characters take different ways.

Still, it's weird how long they're stuck on the idea of three bedrooms, even when they begin to have lots of difficulty finding a place within their budget. You'd think they'd reassess at some point.

last edited at Feb 21, 2019 3:39PM

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Still, it's weird how long they're stuck on the idea of three bedrooms, even when they begin to have lots of difficulty finding a place within their budget. You'd think they'd reassess at some point.

I'm guessing it's going to be a plot point.

"Oh no, the only place within our budget that allows pets only has one bedroom."

"I guess we'll have to share it. I hope nothing homosexual happens."

last edited at Feb 21, 2019 6:53PM

joined Jul 26, 2016

I mean it's not like either of them was really thinking straight at this point anymore. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

joined Feb 15, 2019

Have any other chapters of this been released yet in Japan that just haven't been translated yet?
Does anyone know what the publishing schedule is?

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

There's one more chapter out in Japan right now (which we're working on now). For some reason there was no chapter released for Galette 8 or 9, but presumably chapter 6 will come out with Galette 10, in May.

last edited at Mar 6, 2019 6:31PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

schuyguy posted:

There's one more chapter out in Japan right now (which we're working on now). For some reason there was no chapter released for Galette 8 or 9, but presumably chapter 6 will come out with Galette 10, in May.

Didn't she went on hiatus or something? There was interview with her in Galette newspaper where she talked about it.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Didn't she went on hiatus or something? There was interview with her in Galette newspaper where she talked about it.

I don't know the details. I just know that it wasn't in the last 2 issues, and I heard that the next one will be out in May. Do you have a link to the newsletter so I can check?

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

schuyguy posted:

I don't know the details. I just know that it wasn't in the last 2 issues, and I heard that the next one will be out in May. Do you have a link to the newsletter so I can check?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/i0k4hmv2wfp4hcx/401fdf57_shinbun201808.pdf/file

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Is it time? Time for the yuri to be postponed with drama?

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

It does indeed appear to be so, Captain! Shall we lock in and prepare for the long haul, sir?

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

it's a story about cats, right?

New
joined Aug 4, 2016

Amazing Credits page.

HazmatChiefAlsimi
joined Feb 9, 2019

Deep. Oh and rip cat. Hopefully they'll find it again.

shadesofgreymoon
Swxj4ro
joined Jun 5, 2016

I'm sure they'll find it again. But not before one of them has a breakdown, or starts their period, or breaks a nail, or all three at once or something. What a picture that paints, lol

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

It is time for Morinaga to start dragging her bullshit around for 34 chapters and then get cancelled or rush an ending.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

10/10 best credits page

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I don't quite understand the plan of that apartment.

I know what LDK is, but what's UT and ENT? And a one-and-a-half bath??

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

ENT = Entrance
UT = Utilities

To reply you must either login or sign up.