Forum › Even Though We're Adults discussion

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Oh dayum! Author-san definitely isn't afraid to add a handy helping of plot thickener to the mix! Kinda feel like this a better version of Netsuzou TRap (I really enjoyed Netsuzou TRap, hate me if you want) like a more realistic adult version. "Shit... I wanna see you too", how I feel about the next chapter

last edited at Jun 14, 2019 2:06AM

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Yeah, as others have said, there's definitely something going on with that marriage. And I mean there's this not so subtle, out of nowhere "what if her husband is against it?" question ... which just seems very suspicious to me. Why bring it up if he might not not be against "it"?

But still ... what a shit thing to do all around ^^

last edited at Jun 14, 2019 2:03AM

joined Oct 16, 2016

Oh dayum! Kinda feel like this a better version of Netsuzou TRap (I realy enjoyed Netsuzou TRap, hate me if you want) but a more realistic adult version. 'Shit... I wanna see you too' how I feel about the next chapter

Pretty much everything is better than Netsuzou TRap so that's rather poor accomplishment.
I just wished authors would actually try a little to make stories about female adults without need to always portray bisexual as cheaters, especially when their partners are good guys who they hurt with their actions, make the guy a villain, or is it so hard to make a bisexual woman who was with guys and girls but actually doesn't hurt her current husband to be with a woman but is single? The combo of bisexual cheating is pretty much given as adult females go.
And it rather shows author's lack of originality about the issue which is a bit poor move from Shimura side.

joined Oct 15, 2014

I just wished authors would actually try a little to make stories about female adults without need to always portray bisexual as cheaters, especially when their partners are good guys who they hurt with their actions, make the guy a villain, or is it so hard to make a bisexual woman who was with guys and girls but actually doesn't hurt her current husband to be with a woman but is single? The combo of bisexual cheating is pretty much given as adult females go.
And it rather shows author's lack of originality about the issue which is a bit poor move from Shimura side.

I STRONGLY AGREE

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Given the reality of Japanese society I think you'll have to hope for that type of stories to (mostly) come from elsewhere ^^

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

If a story is about a married woman discovering her bisexuality, how many ways can it go?
- Get laid and let the yuri fairy sort it out
- Bury your feelings and have those kids (guaranteed massive hit on Dynasty)
- File a precautionary divorce because you felt attraction to a woman (I could see this as a farcical 4-koma)
- Husband is an asshole so anything you do to escape the relationship is automatically OK

joined Oct 10, 2016

I don't know, this is so childish. I wouldn't be surprised if in the end Ayano divorced and Akari took the husband lol.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

I STRONGLY AGREE

I agree that it's a popular trope in such stories, to the point it's become practically cliché.... usually makes for a pretty angsty drama filled story tho! It also happens a lot in the real world as far as I'm concerned. Some of my fav real life dramas to follow on fb were old school mates going through exactly that, some leaving their hubbies/baby daddy's due to them being arseholes and finding a lady to love later on in life, others cheating on bfs with a chick (some sticking to it, others going back to men again). There were more than a handful of them realising they were interested in the opposite sex, didn't always work out for some, but others are happy and some are even 2 mamma families now. Regardless, I enjoyed the drama surrounding the cheating relationships (I'm only human and humans are horrible anyway so anyone's hatred is welcome) and talking to the people directly involved in these situations (each one had a different story to tell!) so in terms of originality, it isn't based on a specific subject is what I like to believe (isn't that how we get tropes to begin with?)
Although, I really would like to see a drama based non cheating bisexual and or yuri story told more often (hey, even a zero drama, cute fluffy one with SoL elements!), I find it hard not to enjoy these types of stories and unfortunately it's a majority issue all over

If a story is about a married woman discovering her bisexuality, how many ways can it go?
- File a precautionary divorce because you felt attraction to a woman (I could see this as a farcical 4-koma)
- Husband is an asshole so anything you do to escape the relationship is automatically OK

Lol, too true!

last edited at Jun 14, 2019 4:15AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I honestly don't know what to comment on this... the ambivalence is crushing me!

joined Apr 23, 2019

Woman can't cheat a man with other woman, only with other man.

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

I disliked this at first, but after seeing the husband, I hate it even more, he's such a nice guy.

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

The fact that they basically went out of their way to describe the husband as an all around good guy seems to imply to me they're going to make him a secret bad guy later, if only to justify even a little bit this woman cheating on him. You can't just have the main heroine be a straight up cheater now can you.

Hitsugi%20icon
joined May 23, 2018

They actually both sound like they married out of obligation, really. Secretly a gay man?

Yeah, I'm reading the "forgetting rings" theme as symbolizing adultery on both sides. The "we worried about the same kinds of things" line in Ayano's flashback feels like it might be a hint that they were both closeted homosexuals when they got engaged.

I'm getting the same feeling too, maybe not that he's gay necessarily, but that at the very least he married her more out of an obligation and friendly fondness than out of love.

Oh dayum! Kinda feel like this a better version of Netsuzou TRap (I realy enjoyed Netsuzou TRap, hate me if you want) but a more realistic adult version. 'Shit... I wanna see you too' how I feel about the next chapter

Pretty much everything is better than Netsuzou TRap so that's rather poor accomplishment.

I also get really frustrated by the "cheating bisexual" trope, but I'm not sure that the wife is actually bisexual. Nothing she says makes it sound like she was in love with the guy, more like "I like him enough as a person to enjoy our conversations and to be able to live in the same house with him", which is something I can say about plenty of my guy friends (not that I'd ever marry them, lol). Seems a lot more like a closeted lesbian who married out of societal pressure based on what we've seen so far. Of course, I could be wrong. Either way, looking forward to finding out! Similar premises have been done many times, but so has every other premise in the book. What matters is how it's executed, and so far I'm loving the execution.

All other things aside, can I just say how much I love Shimura's art? I love the expressions her characters make so, so much.

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

At first I thought the thing on Ch2 pg6 about checking a woman's ring finger before making a move was about assessing her likelihood of being a lesbian through her 2D:4D ratio. But checking for the presence of an actual ring works too, I guess.

last edited at Jun 14, 2019 7:29AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This is a not a bad story... at least how it is done... but it's already pretty clear that a lot of shit is gonna be happening.

bubbleteabird
F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

This manga so far is very intriguing. There are a lot of good theories in the comments and a lot of interesting ways this story could go down.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

This is what we in the industry call,
an AFFAIR

joined Dec 20, 2013

For now, and with what we have saw, I think the marriage the teatcher's in is kind of a fairytale disenchantement.
clearly, neither he or she seems to be hurt by the relationship. he seems like an ok guy, so I very much doubt the mangaka make them a villain.

I'd say the route they'll likely get is to both realise that while their unions was not unpleasant. there never was true love, just social conventions and kids dreams.
It could end up on a sad note, but with both party accepting that the marriage is a failure because it involves no real love, even if they very much seems to appreciate each other quite well.

Or if the author is bold and ballsy enough, they'd take the polyamory route and they'd all be an happy double-couple. with the bisexual teacher in the middle of it.
I'd most likely be super down for this, but I have few hopes. there is few who take this path with their story

joined Apr 6, 2019

@uncertain, excellent summary. Well done!

joined Feb 23, 2016

I like this(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Rushed into a "friendship marriage", never actually loved someone for real, finds someone new that captures her heart inexplicably... it's all pretty much as expected. I hate cheating and it's even worse when the husband's actually a good guy.

The art and wrting are actually rather comfortable, but I will have to bow out on this one. Even at it's best, this is just not my cup of tea.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

I'm hoping the Author isn't setting the husband up to be a villain or bad guy. From this chapter at least, it seems that he's actually fallen for Ayano, and to him the friendship marriage has become more real.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

nooo cheating is soooo baaaad how could you enjoy this :(

people plz, no one in the world would say that cheating is a good thing, but a story is a story, and the main characters don't always have to be saints.

last edited at Jun 14, 2019 12:10PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

people plz, no one in the world would say that cheating is a good thing, but a story is a story, and the main characters don't always have to be saints.

I never expect characters to be perfect morality apostles. That is a gross oversimplification of the issue.
There is simply no possible route for this story to take that would be enjoyable to me. That's all there is to it.

last edited at Jun 14, 2019 12:29PM

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

I never expect characters to be perfect morality apostles. That is a gross oversimplification of the issue.
There is simply no possible route for this story to take that would be enjoyable to me. That's all there is to it.

ok, I get your point. maybe it has to do with me having a thing for messed up stories. the whole story is messed up not just the characters. I was just making fun of the comments that say cheating is bad, I mean, duh. let us just enjoy the story and not state the obvious. those who don't suit to their tastes such stories can simply just not read.

last edited at Jun 14, 2019 1:09PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.