Forum › The Meaning of Us discussion

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

Also searched on google and it said gay marriage has been legal in japan since 1880???? It's wikipedia tho so its like 99% wrong

Images
joined Dec 25, 2018

This was refreshing to read

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

Nice and wholesome.

Meiavatar
joined Feb 9, 2017

Ahhh the N64. Mine is currently on long term loan to a friend's console museum in their lounge. We saw in the new millennium playing Smash Bros and Mario Kart ^_^ . Dang that is a while ago.

Anyhoo a very good one-shot. My favourite of the three (definitely hit home). But I still enjoyed the three stories.

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

Guu so bittersweet. I really liked it, but despite the hopeful message I can't help but be reminded about how far off we still are

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Also searched on google and it said gay marriage has been legal in japan since 1880???? It's wikipedia tho so its like 99% wrong

If you're referring to this line "Same-sex sexual activity was criminalised only briefly in Japan's history between 1872 and 1880," it's just saying that having gay sex won't get you arrested, not that same sex couples could marry.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Now this one was probably the most hopeful and upbeat of the three. The Heisei generation (aka Millenials) decide the world now and can change some outdated world views. The old thickheaded men and women in charge are going to leave sooner than later.

Let's hope the Reiwa era is gonna be a good one.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Wow, this was so positiv and optimistic. I love it. leaves you with hope for the future.

Homura E.N.D
Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

Hope the reiwa era is gonna be a more optimistic future

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

So when will we see an acutal series by Kawauchi? TT.TT I really want to see more of him/her now. The only other works I found was a oneshot on this site and this (yes, it's hentai).

last edited at Jun 9, 2019 8:07AM

joined Feb 23, 2016

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/the_meaning_of_us_1#10
Oh my God I want that collection!!! Kaitou Jane, Sakura, and fruits basket!!! (I didn't watch karekano)

I died when i read that part(≧∇≦)hahahaha! Because i have all those books which is pretty funny to me, and of course my collection of books have grown quite alot since then, but so good to see that it’s not only me that loves those books~

joined Jul 23, 2017

Heh, the school couple on page 16 and 17 make me really notice how similar Nanoha and Chidori from Hana Ni Arashi are to Akko and Mari from Girl Friends cause seeing them made me think of both couples.

I THOUGHT THEY LOOKED SIMILAR TO THEM TOO!!

Ik right i was thinking the same!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, this was wonderful, especially seeing the support of their friend and the hope in a new and better era for couples like them. ^_^

Heh, the school couple on page 16 and 17 make me really notice how similar Nanoha and Chidori from Hana Ni Arashi are to Akko and Mari from Girl Friends cause seeing them made me think of both couples.

Didn't really see that much Girl Friends in them, but just seeing the hairdo of the dark-haired one immediately made me think along the lines of "Chidori and Nanoha are dating, but it's a secret from everyone". :D

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014
Him
joined Feb 21, 2013

lol I like the Hana no Arashi reference

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

(https://i.imgur.com/NRYjjzz.png)
Sadly a completely realistic fear. Humans are shit.

That was my immediate reaction to that page too. Sigh...

last edited at Jun 10, 2019 9:39AM by Nezchan

joined May 1, 2013

What an interesting and intriguing set of stories. I don't think I've ever seen yuri stories that focus on ALLIES rather than the queer girls themselves, but all three of these are about that... the first teases the "oh no my gay friend wants to do me!" trope but it turns out she was just supporting her friend the whole time. The second is about a straight person who sensibly deals with her friend's relationship issues. And the third goes all the way and has the characters actually taking an overt stand.

It's really refreshing to read this.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

This was nice

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Now the whole thing makes sense after reading the last chapter, this was the best story out of all of them after all

last edited at Jun 9, 2019 6:10PM

joined Jan 8, 2016

Really loved this one. Might have teared up a bit. And all the references to the childhood stuff, aww, it was so bittersweet about lost time but so hopeful, too.

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Those pikachu pedometers were the greatest! We need another comeback! (A third comeback? After the gen 2 and gen 4 pedometers)

PendragonVMAX
Artoria
joined Sep 12, 2018

Every time someone steps up and says who they are, the world becomes a better, more interesting place.

joined May 29, 2019

this was a good set, I'm glad it was released together. made the third pair's story even sweeter

BakemonoJoker
11987161_1662992157250246_4752483831939925755_n
joined Jun 20, 2014

We should live right naw , yet some of us don't have the courage to and regret it when we get older

last edited at Jun 10, 2019 4:03AM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Sadly a completely realistic fear. Humans are shit.

Oh man… =__= The attackers were teenagers too. That goes to show you how important education and representation are when it comes to this stuff.

To reply you must either login or sign up.