Forum › Useless Princesses discussion

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

This story is always teetering on the edge of a love confession without actually committing to it and it is infuriating.

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zr5mCBFejIE

I was hoping it'd be the yuri undertones video.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

More! MORE!

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Oh. That wrapped up pretty quick and nicely. I had hoped and figured there was a good chance it would. On to the next . . . thing! So Glad Kurokawa caught on reletively quickly here.

And there is more to the former friends Fujishoiro had. Never sure if they are just to make a point or if there is actually going to be a resolution to that rift.

Edit: Oh! And good work izumi. Not sure what we are getting at with her unless it's the usual . . .(love triangle)

last edited at Apr 27, 2019 7:37PM

Fb99a412e56031b0a8f5568f284d39f1435bb314_hq
joined Nov 19, 2017

that's gonna be an "Awwwwww" from me dawg

joined Feb 17, 2019

Hot damn these girls are dense as fuck

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Haven't decided if I like where this has gone. The power dynamic has changed so much that it just doesn't feel like the same story. Not necessarily bad, but this wasn't the story I signed up for. Hrm.

Hot damn these girls are dense as fuck

But if we created a Dense as Fuck tag, it would be on, like, 80% of the manga.

last edited at Apr 27, 2019 10:59PM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I really appreciate this manga so much for avoiding dragged out drama. The characters actually talk to each other and resolve issues. Even when Fujishiro tried to isolate herself, Kurokawa took her hand to draw her back in.

Sometimes you can be really mad at silly things even if you don't want to be. Irrational fear or irritation can lead to rifts. Izumi was definitely right about the loneliness thing, but I feel like she purposely omitted the potential of romantic feelings and jealousy here, because she isn't ready to accept it yet. It's clear that she has feelings for Fujishiro, but doesn't want to get between them.

last edited at Apr 28, 2019 3:40AM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Kurokawa cut to the point. Yes!

And I love the hair detail.

...Also, it's easier for people to recognize they are having gay feelings when it's normalized. The suggestions around Izumi are strong, but we haven't been given other hints that girls liking girls is part of Fujishiro's world.

I like the author's choices so far. I hope we avoid the love triangle situation. They're almost never executed in a way I find palatable.

joined Jul 11, 2015

useless lesbians..

and i'm one of them

Firefly Fanatic
9a98d8a7-869e-4e25-947d-59f469d10a1d
joined Feb 22, 2019

now kiss

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

This story is always teetering on the edge of a love confession without actually committing to it and it is infuriating.

I actually like this pace. I feel like I either missed a few cues or need a bit more developments to show me why their relationship is more than just friendship.

Past. It's probably the former in my case. I might be as dense as the typical romance protagonsit.

joined Dec 5, 2018

I wonder if kurokawa will ever be cute and wear glasses again

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

Maybe, maybe not. There's been a tension between them since early on that neither of them has been able to pin down, but I don't think we're supposed to believe that they're in love at this point.

I am 100% convinced Fujishiro has a crush on Kurokawa. She only doesn't know it yet.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Good, it didn't drag out too long. Still think Kurokawa should go back to glasses. She looks good in them. (Said as though I don't think that about every girl.)

joined Apr 6, 2019

Good, it didn't drag out too long.

It's one of the good points in this manga, conflicts and misunderstandings never drag long. Usually they are fixed same chapter, or in the next one.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

I for one am glad she dropped the glasses.

joined May 2, 2019

I cannot participate in these sophisticated discussions, I am shallower than Fujishiro, and I know nothing about writing a good story.

But what I do know is that Kurokawa has her own panty shot that no one mentioned yet.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/useless_princesses_ch01#16
Well, barely one, but still.

Eetw4a5ueaiu2_t
joined Jun 1, 2017

everyone in this class is gay huh

joined Mar 29, 2019

Geez make this supa gae already xD

last edited at May 3, 2019 2:02AM

Shigure%20beach
joined Oct 18, 2017

Just caught up with my backlog. Ch 10 was a wash (no development) and Ch 11 had some good parts and bad parts.
Ch 12... just redeemed everything (for now). The karaoke chat with Izumi was great allowing Fujishiro to realize (partly) what she's feeling and then the blowup with Kurokawa leading to a 'confession' of sorts and a return hug. Now i'm hungering for the next chapter and the wait is already driving me mad orz

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Caught up on the manga two days ago. Caught up with the forum just now.

EDIT:
Also, @Loralei, I have an honest question:
Do you actually mean everything you say here, or are you tryna troll us? Or is it something in between?
This isn't a joke or a rhetorical question, I'm genuinely asking!

last edited at May 5, 2019 10:06AM

joined Oct 22, 2018

OK. I have just finished re-reading this. So... Does anyone know if the raws for chapter 13 are out? Not that I can read them, even if they're out, but... to fill on the time. It's been over a month since the last release, but I don't want to make myself sound pushy, so...

joined Oct 27, 2018

God, this manga doesn't have a single likeable character.
Edit: also they should remove the glasses tag, this manga doesn't deserve it.

last edited at Jun 5, 2019 1:46PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

OK. I have just finished re-reading this. So... Does anyone know if the raws for chapter 13 are out? Not that I can read them, even if they're out, but... to fill on the time. It's been over a month since the last release, but I don't want to make myself sound pushy, so...

The chapter just came out lol

How the fuck did it escape my notice.
What?

EDIT:
I liked the chapter, but I don't think it's my favourite chapter yet. I mean... something of a distance briefly made for something as minor as how you call each other? I'm a teenager, and even I'm baffled at how weird teen logic can be.

Also, the weather forecast says there will be triggering Loralei comments in the Useless Princesses forum, though they aren't sure if they're trolling or genuine.

last edited at Jun 5, 2019 1:47PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.