Forum › I'll Cheer On My Yuri Onee-chan discussion

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Ah, it's that one "yuri story through the eyes of male protagonist" some people were already upset about. Lets see how it goes.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

^ people really have complaints about this? It feels really sweet and innocent so far. Dunno what's wrong with a lil bro supporting his sister.

I'm looking forward to more

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Ah, it's that one "yuri story through the eyes of male protagonist" some people were already upset about. Lets see how it goes.

No, because this male protagonist isn't being creepy or unduly obsessive.

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 1:15PM

17862791_1495602197151021_8222829330647011179_n[1]
joined Jun 22, 2013

Geez, some people will complain about anything...

Kid's a pretty great wingman-- seems promising so far.

joined Jan 26, 2019

A brother who is closely attached to his sister in a way that is not extremely creepy and incestuous?

I am shocked!

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

Some people just hate male characters in yuri altogether, so I imagine a lot of people will disregard this simply because it’s a male protagonist. But seeing as how the kid is like 10 or something, hopefully the complaints will be relatively few.

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 1:18PM

Rsz_uzfg
joined May 24, 2014

Oh no this is cuteeeeeeee!!!!! I seriously don't mind male characters if they're handled well, just like this lil brother.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Mio-kun, you really are a reliable guy.

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

People complain about this?

This little brother is suuuuppperrr cuuttteee! How could anyone complain about his presence?! He makes the story so much better!

I wish I had such a reliable little brother supporting me chasing girls. Haha...

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

A brother who is closely attached to his sister in a way that is not extremely creepy and incestuous?

I am shocked!

Right? And he's not lusting after his sister's friend either! What a wonderful world.

Rps20190516_131448
joined Feb 8, 2019

Some people just hate male characters in yuri altogether, so I imagine a lot of people will disregard this simply because it’s a male protagonist. But seeing as how the kid is like 10 or something, hopefully the complaints will be relatively few.

Well, sometimes male characters in Yuri stories can be a nuisance. They usually only exist to make jealous one of the girls or to create misunderstandings. Personally i don't care as long as the author handles it well but i can understand all the hate.

last edited at Apr 23, 2019 1:28PM

Phone
joined Oct 7, 2017

wholesome!

Mina_run
joined Apr 16, 2018

Yeah, the problem is rarely so much that male protagonists in yuri are bad, but more that they all almost inevitably fall into shitty gross tropes. Mio is fine because he’s already the kind of character that fits in as a supporting role, just played a little differently to show the love story from his perspective. Without that perspective shift, this manga would be very similar to lots of other stuff in the genre.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Yep, I feel like this lil' bro is going to be a great wingman
Also, hell yeah this is going to be a yuri. You don't break out in that much sweat over someone who is only meant to be "just' a friend. It doesn't matter who you are.

I miss Yuri Danshi now for some reason.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

He's a sweet little guy and I really don't know what the problem is, plus he is basically a wingman for the both of them

joined Jan 26, 2019

I hope this is a manga where the viewpoint character/main character is different from the protagonist.

8ldsxx8gdfh7s211
joined Jan 11, 2019

This chapter was only subtext (friendship with a lot of skinship) but it is tagged as Yuri. Is it going to develop into some kind of romantic relationship?

Probably? I mean, it's in the title.

Unbenannt%20(copy)
joined Apr 21, 2018

This little guy is a HERO!!!!! I like that Art Style very much and im hyped for new chapters :)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

This is quite original and cute! But I have a feeling that I've read this before somewhere... Like a oneshot? HmmMmM ! Deja vu.
I bet the kid with black hair at the beginning is transfer student san's brother.
I like this because shy characters need a little extra push and that's where the kid comes up, also the transfer student is veeery sexy (give me 4 or 5 chapters to remember their names)

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

This first chapter was very cute, hope it becomes very yuri too.

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Yeah... He's so supportive. I can see in a near future he buying the toys his sister and her girlfriend will be using on each other to have some Fun.

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

I am getting gay vibes from the little bro....(I know he's 10 but...)

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Ultimate wingbro.

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

after lil bro succeeds:
"I did it! theyre best friends. I keep hearing weird sounds from sis's room when she comes over, but im sure its fine."

Mahiru
joined Aug 28, 2016

This is so cute and wholesome. I know it's a little weird to have a guy be the POV character for a yuri manga, but Mio is a good boy, so it's fine.

To reply you must either login or sign up.