Forum › Still Sick discussion

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

I like the pace this manga has going. Seems very deliberate and sure in how the author chooses to build it up and not rush things, but also keeps it from getting meandering. Interesting to see how it develops from here.

I know kissing is cool and all but man, them crocs. There are hundred kinds of shoes and she goes with the most cancerous one, smh.

I do not know if hating crocs is a meme or whatever, but I wish people would stop casually using the word "cancerous" in such wildly inappropriate ways.

Gyerin200
joined Sep 6, 2011

I know kissing is cool and all but man, them crocs. There are hundred kinds of shoes and she goes with the most cancerous one, smh.

I was thinking exactly the same. How the heck could this happen while she was wearing crocs? Isn't that against some law? Physics or sumthin...

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

Well that went 0 to 100 rather quick

Tumblr_p5pa4n7ag21tandono1_400
joined Feb 21, 2019

This is a friggen roller coaster holy hell

Im guessing the kiss was the result of one of Maekawas mood swings/messing with the yuri fangirl and she didn't realize the effect it would have

last edited at Apr 19, 2019 12:00PM

whitenight2013
Tumblr_inline_o3faqeqbgs1s9j5kz_400
joined Mar 10, 2018

Phew. I thought this was about to run down the friendship route, but Maekawa went ahead and rolled it back in

Weiwei
joined Oct 9, 2017

Phew. I thought this was about to run down the friendship route, but Maekawa went ahead and rolled it back in

YES!!! Goooooood yes

joined May 1, 2013

Wait, she has borderline personality disorder? Has that been established?

Kasumi
joined Mar 25, 2019

Wow..! I'd liked this manga from the start, but now as a full-blooded yuri I like it much more!

Little Red Rum
joined Mar 6, 2015

Oh no, she liked that..!
Crap, now I'm flustered too!

The kiss literally went awkward and cute lmao I love this series.

joined Apr 19, 2019

Well, originally she said メンタル弱い (lit. mental weakness). I am not sure if it means the same as borderline personality disorder. Maybe it's just an interpretation.

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

Pg 24: Oh my god this is the most obvious confession bait in the world. She's gonna say "my first [something that isn't love/yuri related]"
Pg 25: WHAT THE FUCK IT WASN'T BAIT!? Page 24 was the most obvious bait flag in the world but it wasn't bait!? But wait, the author predicted that I would think that it was a bait but it wasn't so... it was kinda a bait-bait?
Pg 26: "Just Kidding" ?????????? So it was bait after all!? So author-san baited me to think it's bait but it wasn't bait so I got baited by the bait but suddenly it's wasn't not-bait but it was bait all along?
Pg 27: So It was originally a bait but then the bait was the bait and it wasn't bait all along but it turns out that was also a bait and it was originally a bait all along but then suddenly the bait becomes not a bait?

This is some advanced 4-step ladder 5000IQ baiting. I literally got baited by a bait of a bait but in the end the bait becomes a not-bait

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

triviabingo posted:

This is some advanced 4-step ladder 5000IQ baiting. I literally got baited by a bait of a bait but in the end the bait becomes a not-bait

Baitception

joined Jul 26, 2016

Well, originally she said メンタル弱い (lit. mental weakness). I am not sure if it means the same as borderline personality disorder. Maybe it's just an interpretation.

Shimizu is hardly a trained psychiatric professional so that's obviously in the colloquial sense - not that Maekawa didn't check off quite a few of the symptoms mind you, on a quick look at the description. Wouldn't call that an unreasonable localisation.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Maekawa is not a very honest person, even with herself really. This was established right at the start when she lied about the doujin event where she met Shimizu. I think when she kissed Shimizu she did it that way - with a pretence that it was possibly an act - as cover for what she wants to do anyway. Not sure whether she is self aware about it, though.

Looking back on it, if you follow her actions it seems like Maekawa has a serious thing for Shimizu, we just get Shimizu's internal monologue on the matter. Maekawa is the one that wormed her way into Shimizu's life first, and the "I really hate you" thing is like the most classic flag ever.

Maekawa is a really interesting character to me. She acts superior but is the weaker of the two overall, she pretends to not care but she's been following Shimizu, really it seems to me that this makes sense in hindsight. This development seems out of the blue only because we've been drawn into Shimizu's naive and closeted worldview.

Also finally the yuri switch has been turned on so I hope this keeps it up.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Pg 24: Oh my god this is the most obvious confession bait in the world. She's gonna say "my first [something that isn't love/yuri related]"
Pg 25: WHAT THE FUCK IT WASN'T BAIT!? Page 24 was the most obvious bait flag in the world but it wasn't bait!? But wait, the author predicted that I would think that it was a bait but it wasn't so... it was kinda a bait-bait?
Pg 26: "Just Kidding" ?????????? So it was bait after all!? So author-san baited me to think it's bait but it wasn't bait so I got baited by the bait but suddenly it's wasn't not-bait but it was bait all along?
Pg 27: So It was originally a bait but then the bait was the bait and it wasn't bait all along but it turns out that was also a bait and it was originally a bait all along but then suddenly the bait becomes not a bait?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6PkDHuaXi8

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

triviabingo posted:

Rankarana Uploader
New%20profile
Sexy Akiba Detectives
joined Feb 8, 2014

Shimizu is hardly a trained psychiatric professional so that's obviously in the colloquial sense - not that Maekawa didn't check off quite a few of the symptoms mind you, on a quick look at the description. Wouldn't call that an unreasonable localisation.

Yeah, actually, this was changed in QC to 'random depressive episodes', but I think i must have accidentally uploaded the pre-QC page! I'll need to fix that.

(I don't think the BPD line is TOO off, but it's a bit more harsh than just being unstable, which is what Shimizu says in the Japanese (in an admittedly pretty rude way.))

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

That kiss was just a matter of time

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Well, that sure was quite a ride.

Smoltopbun
joined Mar 2, 2018

triviabingo posted:

The mangaka got us with that good bait whiplash

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Man that was so cheesy and it totally made my heart skip a beat. There goes my pride...

joined Aug 21, 2017

This manga is just so good

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Confessing your love is scary.

There's a reason why, in manga, people are always telling their friends who are in love: "Gather your courage and confess!" It's because it really takes courage.

If you're rejected it hurts, both your feelings and your pride. It's painful, and humiliating, and likely to ruin your relationship with that person (especially if you had a good friendship going on). Being together becomes rather difficult after a failed love confession: things turn awkward at best, unbearable at worst, and you may very well find after confessing that you have lost a lot of important things and not gained anything.

That's why so many manga characters don't dare to be upfront about their feelings and instead just pussyfoot around with half-assed tactics like send signals and drop hints and imply things and then wait for the reaction. If it's not a blatantly positive reaction, they can always backpedal and claim they were just kidding. This is, like, the bread-and-butter stuff of manga romcoms. But, I swear, I don't think I've ever read before a story with two adult women who both keep doing the pussyfooty thing so fecking frigging freaking much even though they are both totally into each other! GEEZ!

If next chapter someone, anyone, doesn't confess seriously, I'll... well, I don't know what I'll do, but I'm gonna be not happy, so there!

joined Jul 26, 2016

If next chapter someone, anyone, doesn't confess seriously, I'll... well, I don't know what I'll do, but I'm gonna be not happy, so there!

You will... will... keep reading! That'll show them! >:c

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

You will... will... keep reading! That'll show them! >:c

How do you know me so well!!!??? (灬ʘ_ʘ灬)

To reply you must either login or sign up.