Forum › A Room For Two discussion

joined Mar 8, 2019

You don't need a degree to do that and the job doesn't have any responsibilities that you'd need connections to get it. She's basically helping out everybody on set, be it setting up the props or bringing coffee.

While it’s true you can apply for the job straight out of high school, production assistant is a coveted position for people who want to get into the entertainment industry not as an actor but as a member of the crew.

It’s grunt work but that’s how you get experience and connections to move up the chain of command.

A lot of people want this position because they see it as a stepping stone to becoming something more, like a producer, or so they can get the inner workings of the industry. It’s pretty competitive. And even if it’s considered entry level position studios usually prefer someone with experience.

But in Shouko’s case, she’s pretty, personable, and popular so either she has connections or charmed the pants off the person interviewing her.

last edited at Mar 24, 2019 4:43AM

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

@Looking East

Believe me, I constantly reread this manga, which is why I questioned your claim in the first place, because I just don't see it.

The sauna treatment chapter: You have to consider that Sakurako is going way overboard. She is acting weird and creepy. Surprisingly enough, for people who never had any sexual interaction before, licking someone's legs is weird. Also most of these are just used for comedy.
And aside from her face she also acknowledges that Sakurako's legs are nice, but unlike Saku she doesn't weirdly fawn over them. So she does indeed pay attention to Saku's body too, not just her face.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch43#8
Except when Kasumi touches her or refers to her body, Saku immediately clams up and gets embarrassed as usual.

I think you are misinterpreting shutting down sexual instigations with just shutting down Sakurako's creepy fantasizing. Saku never actually does or tries to do what she says you know? She just lets her pent up frustration out in weird ways and Kasumi is creeped out by it. If Saku ever tried to softly and reasonably approach her about it, don't you think that would be an entirely different matter?

As for Kasumi taking a physical interest in Saku, it's far more subtle in comparison to the leviathan of thirst living with her, but she shows it in more reasonable ways herself. For example she seems to have thing for her hair.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch40#15
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch48#19
She also clearly has preferences in regards to body shape:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch08#4
Kasumi actually was teasing Saku a lot about her fat, but she also liked to touch her. Feels almost like she might like it, eh?
She also does get her cuteness:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch10#9
Kasumi's desire for physical intimacy is there as well, although it doesn't seem inherently sexual. She just takes it easier.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch29#10

Just some mild examples. You gotta look for them that's for sure.

last edited at Mar 24, 2019 6:15AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

I finished my reread of the manga, and I'm with BugDevil on this on. I didn't see any moment where Kasumi was "shutting down hard" Sakurako's advance to take it further mostly because there is no moment like that. I guess we could argue the recent massage chapter was such a moment, but Sakurako still managed to do what she wanted in the first place (minus the licking). And there are the drunk chapters too, but it's not really fair to count them.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Yeah, while Sakurako tends to be more vocal and over the top with her affection, Kasumi is often the one taking initiative instead. I did point a few instances out earlier, and continuing my rereading, I've also noted how it's Kasumi who suggests quite early on that they could live together after graduating high school. And then there's the chocolate banana incident. And suggesting going to the same college, surprising even Sakurako who was sure she would be against it, which even we readers would likely have expected this directly after her usual vocal outburst. And, of course, the legendary meeting with Sakurako's mom.

I honestly feel like I should note down whenever one or other of the two is initiating physical contact the next time I go through the series. It very much feels like it's actually more Kasumi than Sakurako, especially early on, but I'd need to actually check the numbers to be sure. :D

last edited at Mar 24, 2019 12:14PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I sometimes feel that Kasumi must be blood-related to Yasuda-sempai from this manga here.

Haha. It's amusing that you picked that scene as an example, because the exact same thing actually happens in this manga (in the pilot episode, the "chapter 0" of the series). Sakurako is thinking about how Kasumi is so beautiful and so popular with the guys, always receiving love letters and invitations and whatnot, and starts worrying: what would happen if one day some bad man tries to assault Kasumi? Would Kasumi resist and escape!? Or would her superhuman laziness stop her from even putting up a fight???

She decides to put it to the test, and mock-assaults Kasumi who is on the bed having a nap. Kasumi doesn't resist at all, and Sakurako breaks down in tears -- wailing that Kasumi is WAY TOO LAZY, and that one day a real molester will have her way with her, and it's all so sad and tragic, and and and... And, at that point, Kasumi cuts in and says: "What are you talking about? Why would I resist your sexual advances? If I was against it, I wouldn't sleep in the same bed with you!" Which leaves Sakurako totally flabbergasted, heh.

I've noticed a lot of people tend to forget that scene when discussing the nature of the relationship between the two girls. Then again, since it was in the pilot, maybe they don't take it as canon?

last edited at Mar 26, 2019 2:29AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^Well, things escalate much faster in the one-shot and the series and one-shot do have slight differences, so it's understandable if they're not being seen as quite the same. At the very least, it's still an indication of the eventual direction of the series, though.

And rereading on, we really should have just listened to Hinako instead of wondering this long.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

I used to think that Yukiko's "There's nobody who wants to cry" was unusual for her, but now it all makes sense.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

The more links to pages of this there are in this thread, the harder it is for me to resist the urge to re-read this manga.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The more links to pages of this there are in this thread, the harder it is for me to resist the urge to re-read this manga.

At this rate, if you follow all the links, you will re-read the manga.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

At this rate, if you follow all the links, you will re-read the manga.

Seriously, I ended up rereading the whole thing again.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Is it just me, or was the whole “clarinet/nimble fingers” thing sort of lewd?

joined Jan 6, 2017

Is it just me, or was the whole “clarinet/nimble fingers” thing sort of lewd?

I think that was the point. People who play instruments often have very nimble fingers (percussion can fuck off I guess). Nimble fingers are like magic for lesbians.

Seispritearmor
joined Sep 27, 2014

"Is it just me, or was the whole “clarinet/nimble fingers” thing sort of lewd?"

There was that earlier bit where she told Kasumi to sit on her face instead, too, you know.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

There was that earlier bit where she told Kasumi to sit on her face instead, too, you know.

Yes, I’m quite aware. Nobody was drunk this time, though.

I get the feeling Sakurako spends a fair amount of time googling, um, lesbian cultural mores.

Asagi_d4
joined Feb 23, 2017

I dunno, guys, this manga seems kinda gay to me.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

What, you've never told your gal pals to sit on your face platonically?

Fb53fe34d432b0bb93d8e4aa74d71e46
joined Apr 1, 2018

Baby's Breath = Kasumisou

Are we gonna ignore the fact that apparently Sakurako is literally thirsting for Kasumi?

joined Jul 26, 2016

shock.jpg

joined Mar 8, 2019

Are we gonna ignore the fact that apparently Sakurako is literally thirsting for Kasumi?

She’s been thirsting since chapter 1 but it’s nice to be reminded.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Chapter 52 was a competition between Sakurako and Moka to determine who was the thirstiest.

And between Ruriko and Kasumi on who could act the most indiferent.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch38#11

last edited at Mar 30, 2019 12:35AM

Huay guays, I thuank these guarls moaight be moaughr thaun jaust furaunds

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

I sometimes feel that Kasumi must be blood-related to Yasuda-sempai from this manga here.

Haha. It's amusing that you picked that scene as an example, because the exact same thing actually happens in this manga (in the pilot episode, the "chapter 0" of the series). Sakurako is thinking about how Kasumi is so beautiful and so popular with the guys, always receiving love letters and invitations and whatnot, and starts worrying: what would happen if one day some bad man tries to assault Kasumi? Would Kasumi resist and escape!? Or would her superhuman laziness stop her from even putting up a fight???

She decides to put it to the test, and mock-assaults Kasumi who is on the bed having a nap. Kasumi doesn't resist at all, and Sakurako breaks down in tears -- wailing that Kasumi is WAY TOO LAZY, and that one day a real molester will have her way with her, and it's all so sad and tragic, and and and... And, at that point, Kasumi cuts in and says: "What are you talking about? Why would I resist your sexual advances? If I was against it, I wouldn't sleep in the same bed with you!" Which leaves Sakurako totally flabbergasted, heh.

I've noticed a lot of people tend to forget that scene when discussing the nature of the relationship between the two girls. Then again, since it was in the pilot, maybe they don't take it as canon?

Rereading that pilot, I didn't find anything that go against canon. In fact, it should be the real chapter 1 of the series. It starts with Kasumi narrating the story, then the POV slowly shifts to Sakurako, and the conclusion seamlessly connects with the beginning of the first chapter in volume 1 (where the first page replicates exactly the first page of the pilot, only this time from Sakurako's narrating perspective) which then switches to a flashback.

In retrospect, it was kind of a waste of time, all the debate about whether Kasumi and Sakurako are or aren't lovers who have sex 'n stuff. I mean, thinking back, already in chapter 0, we had Kasumi saying that she was ok with banging Sakurako. "Or else, I wouldn't sleep in the same bed with you!" Those were her words, loud and clear.

I guess she could have added: "Duh."
(˵ ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°˵)~☆

joined Jun 12, 2015

So... Sakurako totally ate that ice cube afterwards right ?

To reply you must either login or sign up.