Forum › I'm Getting Married discussion

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Oh shit, I should've kept all that evidence, got me there. True, maybe the one-shot where the dude knocks up the girl and marries her in the end didn't really leave much of an impact in this yuri magazine.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Oh shit, I should've kept all that evidence, got me there. True, maybe the one-shot where the dude knocks up the girl and marries her in the end didn't really leave much of an impact in this yuri magazine.

Now you're just being an asshole. I think there's room between "didn't leave an impact" and "single-handedly drove the publication out of business".

joined Oct 10, 2016

Aw. This is so sad

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

LumberingCrane posted:

We survived years of angst and bad endings. I'm pretty sure 1 more didn't make any difference. Early yuri was all about unrequited loves and drama.

last edited at Mar 19, 2019 1:30PM

LumberingCrane
Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

That's true. Probably just a coincidence it died afterwards. I do appreciate this one-shot for feeding my fetish of fucking a tomboy into being more womanly and demure. That's pretty hot.

Unknown%20(3)
joined Jan 3, 2014

That's true. Probably just a coincidence it died afterwards. I do appreciate this one-shot for feeding my fetish of fucking a tomboy into being more womanly and demure. That's pretty hot.

Wow same, I always love it when the tomboy lesbian character gets fucked into being a woman. It's great! Especially in the same one shot as a supposed cheating bisexual girlfriend! But oh shit, she's not the actual cheater cause the lesbian is the one that's cheating! What a twist! And with a man too! I'm so glad that my lesbian tomboy character opened her eyes to what being a woman is like, aka underneath a man, and she gets to stay with him cause she's pregnant with his kid! Amazing story really, I can't see how it can be offensive in any way whatsoever.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Guess what? The author wanted you to be offended.

It's like those NTR ero games. Their whole point is to elicit powerful emotions in the player. Rage, anger, despair, humiliation. it doesn't leave indifferent. It's the power of this kind of piece.

This author is a regular at torturing his readers. He also wrote Nana to Kaoru, a manga about a BDSM relationship between two teens. Again, it's powerful.

It's not to everyone's taste, obviously, but you can't deny he's mastered his craft.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I think a lot people missed the dark humor in the ending. There was a LOT of tragic irony in what happened. When life gives you lemons and you accidentally get some in your eye and then trip and smash your teeth out on the table while trying to make them into lemonade, you need to learn to laugh it off. I mean there is often humor in tragedy.

That's a good way of putting it. This story is definitely meant to be at least a little funny. The reactions of all the other women when her marriage is announced are too over-the-top. Same with the sudden transition from sex scene to pregnancy. There's a certain silliness throughout, and I think anyone who takes this too seriously is reading it incorrectly.

You know it is a little darkly funny that a depressed lesbian gets drunk, has a one night stand, with a man, (quite possibly the only time she's ever been with one.) , and ends up pregnant and engaged. It's like a line from that old Alanis Morissete song.

Good points here! Whatever I just said, don’t worry about it... we’re talking over a manga!

Oh, one last thing: what song is it? (“Ironic“?)

Yes that one.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

NO NO NO NO NO. I NEED A SEQUEL. PLS. LET BOTH OF THE WOMAN BE HAPPY HAVING A CHILD. DON'T DO THIS TO ME T_T

Aww... we are all feeling like that. There, there. It'll be alright. (hugs Polioro)

:'( thank you *hugs you back*

@Nevri We survived years of angst and bad endings. I'm pretty sure 1 more didn't make any difference. Early yuri was all about unrequited loves and drama.

You have a point. In fact, if we check Amazon, The first magazine get out at 2014/4/30, the second get out at 2014/8/29 (4 months), the third get out at 2014/11/29 (3 months), the four get out at 2015/4/30 (5 months!) ant the 5 and last get out at 2015/11/30 (7 months!!). Say that this one-shot was the failure of this magazine didn't seems legit xD

@Nya-chan Guess what? The author wanted you to be offended.

Oh, I didn't hate this story, the characters are shit, but that doesn't mean that's a bad story, just that it hurts.

last edited at Mar 19, 2019 6:07PM

20230129_212706
joined Oct 20, 2015

WTF WAS THIS SHEEEET ? what should I think? I.. DON'T GET IT

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

'Bisexual' tag = bad omen .

as expected of a bi woman again xD

so many ppl hate me from thinking like that pftt
ergo this time I'll refrain myself from spanking em too much lol
I won't say all of bi women are the same but we can't deny the fact that Most of Em are like " this " .
that's exactly the reason these women "swing both ways" , it's not that surprising really . so why would ppl keep denying the obvious ?

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

so why would ppl keep denying the obvious ?

Because it's ""disrespectful"", like saying than a woman is a b*tch, even when if you like women you had had encounter some xD I don't understand why people think that fighting bad stereotypes = think that if a woman is bi/lesbian actually is a light person or somerhing like that.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

Manga like this bring out the worst in people both in and out of story.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

OOF is all I have to say

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

'Bisexual' tag = bad omen .

as expected of a bi woman again xD

so many ppl hate me from thinking like that pftt
ergo this time I'll refrain myself from spanking em too much lol
I won't say all of bi women are the same but we can't deny the fact that Most of Em are like " this " .
that's exactly the reason these women "swing both ways" , it's not that surprising really . so why would ppl keep denying the obvious ?

Yes, we can definitely deny that "Most of Em are like " this " ."

And that bullshit earns you a day ban. Don't come back to this discussion afterwards.

Image0
joined Aug 25, 2018

The author has a history of making comics like this lmao

F6c7d5d1-1d08-49c3-974d-d6169caf13f6
joined May 8, 2017

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Haahahahahahahahahahaha this reminds me of Happy End which wasn't a happy ending at all for us yuri fans

joined Aug 28, 2018

I like yuri and all but thinking this story is trash just because it has a hetero ending is stupid. Its a decent manga with a good premise. Art style isn't my thing but overall it was decent.

joined Oct 23, 2016

Daaamn, what a crazy plot twist. You think the other chick would be the one getting married, as you keep reading from the MC's point of view. The title and the MC's thoughts and feelings are self-contradicting.
I'm sure if it wasn't for the baby situation, the MC would have not gotten married, but shit happens. And people, especially asian cultures, do end up tying the knot for situations like this.
This series actually has hope for a sequel. Maybe they meet again in the future, after their children grow up and the MC admits to never loving the man and just being "a happy family" for the children's sake. So the children urge her to get a divorce and find happiness, whether it would be with the previous woman, or another.
Does have hope for a yuri ending, but this ending was pretty jaw-droppingly realistic that it gets my stamp of approval lmao

last edited at Mar 20, 2019 2:39PM

Screenshot_2020-01-20%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20there's%20weird%20voices%20coming%20from%20the%20room%20next%20door%20ch01
joined Sep 23, 2013

Thanks, i hate it.

Ryuko
joined May 1, 2018

Wow expectation subversion! I was yelling "N O O OOOO" at my phone screen for the last bit but overall i think the author made me feel the way they were intending on making me feel so props!

joined Feb 1, 2013

I can understand why this would be a polarizing work, but I actually wasn't that bothered by it. After all, it's sadly closer to real life than most manga (yuri or het)... It's like, while I don't really agree with it, I can still 'respect/ the bluntness and the sentiment of the ending in saying "sometimes you don't get your fairytail ending, sometimes real life f*cks it up."

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

Daaamn, what a crazy plot twist. You think the other chick would be the one getting married, as you keep reading from the MC's point of view. The title and the MC's thoughts and feelings are self-contradicting.
I'm sure if it wasn't for the baby situation, the MC would have not gotten married, but shit happens. And people, especially asian cultures, do end up tying the knot for situations like this.
This series actually has hope for a sequel. Maybe they meet again in the future, after their children grow up and the MC admits to never loving the man and just being "a happy family" for the children's sake. So the children urge her to get a divorce and find happiness, whether it would be with the previous woman, or another.
Does have hope for a yuri ending, but this ending was pretty jaw-droppingly realistic that it gets my stamp of approval lmao

Or she could have just taken morning-after pill. It's been available in Japan since 2011. It just seems some mangaka's haven't gotten the memo or something. :)

joined Sep 6, 2018

Or she could have just taken morning-after pill. It's been available in Japan since 2011. It just seems some mangaka's haven't gotten the memo or something. :)

Yeah, but where’s the drama in that? (Treating pregnancy like a case of chlamydia by taking morning-after pill... hey, that was a joke!) It’s good to see characters dealing with challenges to their beliefs and tenets they’ve been following for their entire lives.

To reply you must either login or sign up.