Forum › My Unrequited Love discussion

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Boy... I went through the arduous process of reading this entire thread. Even though I actually liked the manga (I even consider re-reading it), I have to agree, @Doctor_Hoot, reading the thread is more interesting. So many different opinions, perceptions and interpretations, some of which influenced my own.

EDIT:
I wanted to take a shot at predicting what might happen next, but I have school in the morning, thus having to go to sleep now, so I guess I'll just to it after breakfast and before dad and I head out of house for him to drive me and see me off to school.

last edited at Mar 4, 2019 4:19PM

joined Oct 22, 2018

Disclaimer:
We can't be sure about what happens next before it actually happens. This prediction was made on a combination of conjecture, wishful thinking, and what I call (and I know this is an oxymoron) fictional realism (basically what, in this fiction, seems the most likely immediate outcome of the current situation in the fiction).
Alright, so... I think the endgame is almost certainly gonna be a KaoruxUta one. However, I still am convinced that there's a long, rocky and painful road towards that, and I don't think the road is gonna be so just for the characters. Having read the entire thread, I'm sure I'm not the only one here that will feel some pain reading what's to come... but I guess a few others and myself would be the Estonia and Finland of this thread: we'll just embrace the pain... It hurts so good.
Another prediction (that I'm far less certain of) is that, once Uta moves to her mother's place, that both Uta and Kaoru would cry each night for the following week, after going into bed, but before actually falling asleep.

EDIT: And by "long", I really mean loooooooong. Wouldn't surprise me that (if we include the side character chapters) it'd take - at least 3, at most 5 - further volumes to get to the point when the "hook-up" (if it's even gonna be called so) happens.

last edited at Mar 5, 2019 6:50AM

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

I agree with you BV. I don't think it's going to be like "in a moment of madness and taken over by her gayness, Kaoru makes out with Uta". Nope...I think this convo in the last chapter is going to end up awkward af, Uta is going to move out and from then on, Kaoru might be the focus of the story, as she is going to be in a world of emotional confusion.

If I was the author, I would finally use one of Uta's friends for something useful: maybe have Uta try to date one of them for a while in order to forget her crush, which would send Kaoru's jealousy wheels spinning once she finds out.

joined Oct 22, 2018

I agree with you BV. I don't think it's going to be like "in a moment of madness and taken over by her gayness, Kaoru makes out with Uta". Nope...I think this convo in the last chapter is going to end up awkward af, Uta is going to move out and from then on, Kaoru might be the focus of the story, as she is going to be in a world of emotional confusion.

If I was the author, I would finally use one of Uta's friends for something useful: maybe have Uta try to date one of them for a while in order to forget her crush, which would send Kaoru's jealousy wheels spinning once she finds out.

Well, to be fair here, Uta's friends weren't completely useless, it's just that... their usefulness has been veeeery limited. All they were really useful for was to listen to Uta's problems (especially Kuroe), or providing stories of their own, the relevance of which is varies, but is, in all cases, pretty low indeed. And, TBH, I highly doubt that any 3 of them would really be in position to be in even a relationship of convenience (read: fake relationship) with Uta, since Kuroe and Miyabi are sort-of-kind-of-but-not-really-dating (as we all know, their relationship is ambiguous, self-defined and hard to describe), while Konatsu has become a nympho as a result of a traumatic experience that made her (emotionally) an empty shell of her former self. Though, since she's moving in with her mom, she will also change schools (it's been mentioned so), so maybe your prediction about dating another girl to try and forget Kaoru (good luck with that, lol) may be proven there? laughs for a fraction of a second It's a grey area.
Also,

jealousy wheels spinning

If all your speculation were to happen, knowing Kaoru, she probably won't be charging head long into stopping that shit, but I actually think it's gonna make her break even more than she already has been... And, even though I know it'd be better if I don't have these dark thoughts, but... if your prediction about Uta trying to find a different girl to try and forget Kaoru were to happen, then it may just prove enough for Kaoru to at the very least consider suicide as an option... The suicide rate in Japan is one of the highest in the World, after all, and it's the suicide rate to homicide rate ratio in Japan is the highest (from what I remember). AS IF THE STORY ITSELF ISN'T PAINFUL ENOUGH, YOUR PREDICTIONS AND ME EXPANDING ON THEM, DESPITE FINDING THEM UNLIKELY, MADE IT EVEN WORSE.

last edited at Mar 6, 2019 8:59AM

joined Feb 18, 2018

jealousy wheels spinning

If all your speculation were to happen, knowing Kaoru, she probably won't be charging head long into stopping that shit, but I actually think it's gonna make her break even more than she already has been... And, even though I know it'd be better if I don't have these dark thoughts, but... if your prediction about Uta trying to find a different girl to try and forget Kaoru were to happen, then it may just prove enough for Kaoru to at the very least consider suicide as an option... The suicide rate in Japan is one of the highest in the World, after all, and it's the suicide rate to homicide rate ratio in Japan is the highest (from what I remember). AS IF THE STORY ITSELF ISN'T PAINFUL ENOUGH, YOUR PREDICTIONS AND ME EXPANDING ON THEM, DESPITE FINDING THEM UNLIKELY, MADE IT EVEN WORSE.

That...turned dark real fast.

joined Oct 22, 2018

jealousy wheels spinning

That...turned dark real fast.

Tell me about it... I well and truly have some mental issues... Is it because I've spent late summer and early autumn watching "Happy Sugar Life" and "Alternate Future of Canada Remastered the Movie"?

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

Finally she "understood" what Uta truly meant, was getting a little tired, I wonder how it will go from here?

joined Dec 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/KodanshaUSA/status/1105917885241675776

Never expected Kodansha to pick it up.

005ejqrjgy1fzoq9y1j6fj319c1sw7sj-
joined Jul 6, 2018

^That's cool! It's Kodansha's first Yuri series! (I still prefer Vertical and Seven Seas tho)

joined Jun 12, 2015

^That's cool! It's Kodansha's first Yuri series! (I still prefer Vertical and Seven Seas tho)

It's not. The first is Yuri is My Job.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Raws are out. I personally feel like nothing happened. Gosh I love manhwas.

joined Oct 22, 2018

Took me several days to think what to say, and here it is:
So, you're implying that the next chapter is basically an Indian soap opera?

Itwouldbe-yuriscans
joined Oct 30, 2018

panicked a bit when i refreshed there a new chapter
got physically hurt god uta's crying face tho so good

last edited at Mar 24, 2019 5:53PM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Yay development

joined Jan 10, 2017

I don't get these stories that spend a ton of time trudging around in angst. Is that fun for anyone, really? It's like you spend the whole story waiting for it to get better. Doesn't make any sense to me.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

The pain train hasn't even begun to leave the station

Unbenannt%20(copy)
joined Apr 21, 2018

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORING

last edited at Mar 24, 2019 6:01PM

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

I don't get these stories that spend a ton of time trudging around in angst. Is that fun for anyone, really? It's like you spend the whole story waiting for it to get better. Doesn't make any sense to me.

I like angst so much I could be drinking it on a beach chair in front of the ocean. But only when it's consistently playing a role to move the story or initiate lotsa change in characters really fast. I don't really care how messy it gets, I just like the turmoil the characters trudge around in to find something to be happy about. What I don't like is when I get pointless mundane chapters with only sprinkles of angst and drama. Nanashi no Astrism would have been the perfect angst for me but they decided to have an angst moment every 4 "slice of life let's all pretend there aren't anything wrong" chapters with a nonconclusive ending. Pointless angst where it's just shoved in your face in every panel isn't good either cause then I'd have no connection to how the characters feel and everyone just feels and looks stupid.

Idk, really depends on the mood. Preferably I enjoy one-shot angsts cause they pace it well and it gets straight to the point. I kinda like this series but it's only hindered by characters moping around waiting to do something without doing something for 1-3 chapters at a time before something fun and angsty happens.

joined Jun 25, 2017

Omg!!! If these two happen. Best slow burn ever. worth the angst.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So, it turns out Kaoru really is an idiot.

“I didn’t actually think she liked me that way.” Yes, Kaoru, how could you possibly have known? Because all Uta did was tell you, several times, as clearly as she could, that she liked you that way.

JFC, the age gap in the emotional maturity level of these two is just as big as the chronological one, only going the other way.

joined Jun 25, 2017

Side note, I keep reading some complaints in comments about the story going nowhere... YOU GUYS KAORU KNOWS!!!! this is huge. And even if it's slow burn, I can't wait to see if just maybe she feels those same fragments of happiness for Uta. Like I said, if it happens, totally worth it.

120x120px-ls-38203a65_avatar65018_8
joined Oct 27, 2011

Took me several days to think what to say, and here it is:
So, you're implying that the next chapter is basically an Indian soap opera?

This is brillant !!!!!
I myself found that Indian soap opera is even better than this angst !

Img_20190418_023052-min
joined Mar 16, 2019

Fucking hell, i was all emotional then the credit page happened, couldn't help but bursting out laughter. Good job lol.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Now if only this happened without all those chapters of filler, cliffhangers and unrelated drama, I'd actually love it.

last edited at Mar 24, 2019 6:20PM

joined Dec 18, 2018

So, it turns out Kaoru really is an idiot.

“I didn’t actually think she liked me that way.” Yes, Kaoru, how could you possibly have known? Because all Uta did was tell you, several times, as clearly as she could, that she liked you that way.

JFC, the age gap in the emotional maturity level of these two is just as big as the chronological one, only going the other way.

Denial is a helluva drug.

To reply you must either login or sign up.