Forum › A Room For Two discussion

joined Oct 27, 2018

Sakurako is in a pretty precarious situation, she is incredibly desperately horny, yet the only person she wants to do it with is uninterested in sex. Maybe she should invest in a "personal messager".
Edit: Also, wtf does "not lizard" mean?

last edited at Feb 13, 2019 9:47PM

Large
joined Nov 25, 2018

The art of this story is sick as hell (in this chapter) and the story was meh, but the first extra or bonus was good, it really does feel like a Yuri manga, but honestly, I don't feel good reading this story...I read mostly of the chapters but the story didn't going advancing, and I don't know...the art is dizzy me a lot
Pd. When I saw that they put a bisexual women there I got trigger for a second

last edited at Feb 13, 2019 10:05PM

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Salamanders are adorable. (✿´‿`)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017
Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

The perfect reply doesn't exist.

Edit: Also, wtf does "not lizard" mean?

https://sciencing.com/tell-difference-between-salamander-lizard-2158569.html

I stand corrected.

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

I'm still a little bit annoyed that Kasumi NEVER shows any affection for Sakurako even after all this time.. But hey at least the two juniors finally became a couple. To anyone who's read ahead, do we see more of them together or is that their last appearance?

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

With the bonus chapter now I'm really sure that the author just messing with us for not letting the main couple (mainly kasumi) openly gay

Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

I'm still a little bit annoyed that Kasumi NEVER shows any affection for Sakurako even after all this time.

And I still have to wonder what people like you have been reading to say stuff like this. Has everyone forgotten this chapter: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch29 ? That's not the only example either, although it's probably the most concentrated one. Kasumi displays her affection in a very low-key laid back kind of way, because she's a low-key laid back kind of girl. But she still DOES display it.

Yuri_is_the_best
Dxuhm6xuyaalbg9
joined Aug 30, 2018

OMG the bonus was so sweet!!!

Senjougahara_sama
Rowow
joined Jun 12, 2017

The fabled not lizard

The chapter features an enormous salamander after all.

Images
joined Dec 25, 2018

These two are perfect, i have followed this manga almost religiously for the past few years and its finaly getting some cannon yuri and im so happy.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I'm still a little bit annoyed that Kasumi NEVER shows any affection for Sakurako even after all this time.

And I still have to wonder what people like you have been reading to say stuff like this. Has everyone forgotten this chapter: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch29 ? That's not the only example either, although it's probably the most concentrated one. Kasumi displays her affection in a very low-key laid back kind of way, because she's a low-key laid back kind of girl. But she still DOES display it.

I think the problem people have really stems from years and years of "will they/won't they" writing in yuri. There's been a conditioning to require an exchange of the exact words "I love you" for anything to be certain, and even then people have been burned by series that build up a relationship which gets thrown away in the last few chapters, often ending with the girls getting boyfriends because they've "grown up". (thanks, class S)

So, while I agree that Kasumi certainly loves Sakurako as much as Sakurako loves her, I can understand why people are uncomfortable or skeptical about it.

Tiny%20melon
joined Oct 17, 2014

No to sound judgemental but it really threw me off in the latest chapter where Moka was found to be very uninhibited. Not that its a problem to love people even in a sexual manner but the whole manga up till now has more or less avoided touching the topic (even with our apex lesbian Sakurako).

Miku
joined Feb 27, 2016

So now we have an official couple as per the bonus... Come on Kasumi, even your Kouhai is moving faster than you. Don't take Sakurako for granted.

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

No to sound judgemental but it really threw me off in the latest chapter where Moka was found to be very uninhibited. Not that its a problem to love people even in a sexual manner but the whole manga up till now has more or less avoided touching the topic (even with our apex lesbian Sakurako).

It feels a bit like relationships have been turned up to 11 now that we've gotten to a college setting.

So now we have an official couple as per the bonus... Come on Kasumi, even your Kouhai is moving faster than you. Don't take Sakurako for granted.

Considering Seri's motivation here was Kasumi and Sakurako's relationship I think it would be hard for this be considered moving faster.

last edited at Feb 14, 2019 1:32AM

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

I think the problem people have really stems from years and years of "will they/won't they" writing in yuri. There's been a conditioning to require an exchange of the exact words "I love you" for anything to be certain, and even then people have been burned by series that build up a relationship which gets thrown away in the last few chapters, often ending with the girls getting boyfriends because they've "grown up". (thanks, class S)

So, while I agree that Kasumi certainly loves Sakurako as much as Sakurako loves her, I can understand why people are uncomfortable or skeptical about it.

I think in many cases it's just a misunderstanding as to what some people mean when they say "showing affection." I believe it's pretty evident to the vast majority of readers that Kasumi loves Sakurako, but what they are actually referring to is the apparent lack of reciprocated romantic attraction and physical affection. Kasumi is so chill it's hard to tell if she even experiences sexual attraction let alone acts upon it. But you certainly don't need sexual attraction in order to love someone. There are plenty of happy couples out there, some even married, where one or more of the partners is ACE.

joined Jan 28, 2016

Thank you. It annoys me too to see people not get Kasumi love for Sakurako. Just because Kasumi isn't very physically affectionate with Sakurako doesn't mean she doesn't reciprocate her feelings. This is the same girl who finds most daily life routines a pain in the ass so of course she is going to find physical intimacy a chore. She also has very casually kissed Sakurako a couple of times so in general kissing or other deeply intimate acts don't matter a lot to her. She just isn't a typically lovey-dovey person. She's catlike in nature in where she's very choosy in how she displays affection. Hell, the manga compares Kasumi directly to a cat.

We also have to take into consideration Sakurako perviness at times can be a turn-off for Kasumi. It's cute and funny from our perspective, but I can see some of the things Sakurako does be too much and annoying for Kasumi. Sakurako has a tendency to go from 0-100 gayness real quick too so it's intentionally setup to be a boke/tsukomi comedy routine with them sometimes.

There are other moments where Kasumi is openly gay for Sakurako too like when she casually joked about marrying Sakurako in front of the mom or when she forcibly stopped a drunk Sakurako from kissing Seri which means a lot coming from someone as typically calm and sedate as Kasumi.

last edited at Feb 14, 2019 1:28AM

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Where did Sakurako want to massage Kasumi? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

joined Jul 31, 2013

Holy fuck that bonus!

joined Jan 6, 2017

Where did Sakurako want to massage Kasumi? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

her hands

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

I think in many cases it's just a misunderstanding as to what some people mean when they say "showing affection." I believe it's pretty evident to the vast majority of readers that Kasumi loves Sakurako, but what they are actually referring to is the apparent lack of reciprocated romantic attraction and physical affection. Kasumi is so chill it's hard to tell if she even experiences sexual attraction let alone acts upon it. But you certainly don't need sexual attraction in order to love someone. There are plenty of happy couples out there, some even married, where one or more of the partners is ACE.

Yeah for sure. I only meant to illustrate a reason someone might not be happy with the level of affection Kasumi displays. I'm sorry I was unclear. (also Kasumi is my favorite character by a mile and tbh if she were confirmed as ace I might die of happiness)

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

In what world is 40 chapters lazy?
K-on did three years in 4 volumes with a total of 56 chapters, then it moved on to college.
A Room For Two has done three years in 4 volumes with a total of 40 chapters + 5 bonus chapters.
These two series are very similar, and it would be difficult to find someone who thinks K-on was "lazy" because there weren't 100+ chapters.

mmm well the k-on manga is indeed 4 volumes long but to be honest the k-on manga is not that good i think the thing that makes k.on great is all stuff that yamada naoko and the kyoani staff put on the show wich is a lot a there´s a pretty good video that talks about it by digibro

If we could decide if something is lazy or poorly made by looking at its size, I would actually insist that Yuru Yuri's author isn't trying very hard if that many chapters have passed without any significant changes. But that's not how things work. The quantity of a work isn't proportional to its quality. It can only have a subjective impact on someone's opinion.

yeah i wasn´t triying to say that the manga is bad because of it i just find werid the way the manga handles the high school topic a lot of manga and anime depicts high school as this amazing, fun , random and exicitng stage of your life when you can do and be whatever you want and the end of it as this sad melancholic time where the chatarcters stop being kids and pass to the next part of his life that is young adulhood (wich i know is a lie because even though i almost finish my carrer im still inmature and a child at heart)
but a room for two is so casual about it the characters just pass through high school like it was nothing and when they finish the school doesn´t seem like they really care about it

again im not saying that the manga is bad is just so different from other mangas that´s why i find it kind of weird surely im just looking at it the wrong way this is clearly not traditional school manga

sometimes i froget that if you critize or point out something about a manga is clearly because you hate it to death there´s no way that you can enjoy something if you don´t think of it as a 10/10

Kuvl_u-8
joined Nov 1, 2015

seem like sakurako has been reading swap<->swap lately and had a dream about it.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

There are other moments where Kasumi is openly gay for Sakurako too like when she casually joked about marrying Sakurako in front of the mom

She wasn’t joking.

joined Dec 13, 2018

Becky? Tension? I hope you're following this from heaven. This ain't nothing special, but it's sweet and it's genuine yuri. My love to you.

To reply you must either login or sign up.