Forum › Posts by CitizenJoestar

CitizenJoestar
joined Jan 28, 2016

I'm still a little bit annoyed that Kasumi NEVER shows any affection for Sakurako even after all this time.

And I still have to wonder what people like you have been reading to say stuff like this. Has everyone forgotten this chapter: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_room_for_two_ch29 ? That's not the only example either, although it's probably the most concentrated one. Kasumi displays her affection in a very low-key laid back kind of way, because she's a low-key laid back kind of girl. But she still DOES display it.

Thank you. It annoys me too to see people not get Kasumi love for Sakurako. Just because Kasumi isn't very physically affectionate with Sakurako doesn't mean she doesn't reciprocate her feelings. This is the same girl who finds most daily life routines a pain in the ass so of course she is going to find physical intimacy a chore. She also has very casually kissed Sakurako a couple of times so in general kissing or other deeply intimate acts don't matter a lot to her. She just isn't a typically lovey-dovey person. She's catlike in nature in where she's very choosy in how she displays affection. Hell, the manga compares Kasumi directly to a cat.

We also have to take into consideration Sakurako perviness at times can be a turn-off for Kasumi. It's cute and funny from our perspective, but I can see some of the things Sakurako does be too much and annoying for Kasumi. Sakurako has a tendency to go from 0-100 gayness real quick too so it's intentionally setup to be a boke/tsukomi comedy routine with them sometimes.

There are other moments where Kasumi is openly gay for Sakurako too like when she casually joked about marrying Sakurako in front of the mom or when she forcibly stopped a drunk Sakurako from kissing Seri which means a lot coming from someone as typically calm and sedate as Kasumi.

last edited at Feb 14, 2019 1:28AM

CitizenJoestar
joined Jan 28, 2016

I can't tell, if there is actual romantic tension between Kasumi and Sakurako, or I'm just looking through my yuri goggles, and seeing what I want to see.

They are passed the point of romantic tension and are practically a married couple who have done every gay thing imaginable to each other than actual sex. The author describes them as "extremely close friends", but I feel like it's done to avoid being labeled as a true Yuri series for whatever reason the author, editor or publisher need it to be. Hell, they are closer to each other than a majority of yuri couples.

If it's your yuri goggles acting up , well my friend you are in good company because nearly everybody here sees them as a couple nowadays. That Yuri tag that replaced the Subtext tag a couple months back is proof of that.

joined Jan 28, 2016

I love it! More yuri goodness absent from the anime. Wish there was more of Momo licking though.

My bet is on Momo or Hanzo being the traitor. If it's Hanzo she's probably doing it because she seems like the type who would "betray" her friends in order to gain the trust of the enemy organization to order to defeat them. Also, sets up an interesting confrontation between her and Momo later on. Kind of an obvious choice, but I'll stick with it.

Momo being the traitor would be the "big twist" as expected from the author of Yuuki Yuuna. The anime is already kinda dark with rampant drug abuse and forced prostitution rings, so Momo pulling a fast one on the viewers isn't out of the question. Would also explain her ridiculous eye-sight and tasting ability that seem unusual for someone who initially had zero spy experience.

CitizenJoestar
joined Jan 28, 2016

That picnic scene in ch 27 was delicious. That is all.

CitizenJoestar
joined Jan 28, 2016

That chapstick scene in ch 26 lmao. Kasumi is so forward. Despite her listlessness, Kasumi is the top for sure.
"We're at school" is interesting word choice from Sakurako. Doing this at school is a bit much for her, but she's totally down to "share" chapstick back in the apt.

Amazing stuff. Can't wait for more!

last edited at Oct 3, 2018 11:47PM

CitizenJoestar
joined Jan 28, 2016

God I love this series so much! I'm so happy it got picked up again.

I don't care if it's essentially yuri-bait, it's so fluffy and wholesome I'm fine with them just cuddling and chilling together. It's clear Sakurako is absolutely infatuated with Kasumi, and that Kasumi is practically co-dependent on her as well so the ship could not be any stronger than it is already. I like how despite already being super close, they seem to be getting even closer to each other in the latest chapters, to the point it gets weird for other people to be in the same room as them. The scene with the school nurse, and later with the sister is just great.

Thank you so much Yuri Ichigo! I'm looking forward to volume 3.

CitizenJoestar
joined Jan 28, 2016

I STRONGLY BELIEVE that this hints Ai as the true lover... No matter how much I want it to be Megumi instead

Eh, I think it's too obvious. Seems a bit heavy-handed considering how subtle Namori has been up to now in regards to the secret girlfriend. For a while readers were mostly split on it being either Megumi or Miho while Ai was the dark horse. I think this was an intentional push to add Ai into the conversation as she has mostly been in the background.

My theory is that Ai knows Nadeshiko is in a relationship with one of the other two girls. My bet is still on Megumi or Miho being the girlfriend. Of course Namori could be totally trolling us and Nadeshiko is sleeping with all 3 and or someone entirely outside of the group of friends like a teacher or something.

last edited at Jan 30, 2018 3:50AM

CitizenJoestar
Yuru Yuri discussion 21 Jan 03:07
joined Jan 28, 2016

At least now I'm certain that president actually isn't mute...

It was cute how uncharacteristically shook she appeared to be too as she's usually very calm.

I want to hear how her scream sounded now.

joined Jan 28, 2016

And I still don't get why Oga could see the angel stuff.

I'm more mad about this than the not having sex thing <_<

The only prominent similarities between Oga and Sayuri is that they both have sisters, work at a flower shop, and like this bear mascot thing and carry a keychain of one:

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/sayuris_little_sister_is_an_angel_ch03#12

Other possible similar attributes is that they both like girls which I guess should be a given it's a yuri series but that would mean other characters like the photographer would've seen Mikoto's wings. It's a stretch, but might as well point out that both might believe in angels. It would've been nice if the author at least tossed one line about it, but I'll settle for my bear keychain theory >_>

I enjoyed the series a lot and though it was clearly rushed by the end I got what I wanted out of it as a yuri romcom.

CitizenJoestar
Ayakashiko discussion 05 Aug 00:59
joined Jan 28, 2016

I sympathize with the father here. He clearly just cares for Mahoro's well-being. I think having a daughter in a home alone with supernatural beings is something to be worried about. He didn't go about it the right way though, and I think Mahoro was right that the the grandparents sudden passing isn't necessarily correlated with the Ayakashiko directly. It's less about Ayakashiko VS Humans and more about "pls convince me you'll be safe because I'll feel terrible if anything happens to you because I wasn't there"

It's one of those things where as the reader we know she'll be fine because of how sweet and protective the Ayakashiko are, but from an outsiders perspective if something DOES happen to Mahoro the parents will be the ones to blame because in hindsight it sounds incredibly irresponsible to leave a teenage girl in that predicament.

last edited at Aug 5, 2017 1:04AM

CitizenJoestar
joined Jan 28, 2016

Yay! I'm glad Bakkin picked this back up again. I know they've been having trouble getting their group together after losing their main translator and website, but I'm glad they were able to get a new one and consistently releasing new Yuru Yuri scans.

I'm hoping we get to see some Nadeshiko and harem chapters soon. Ive seen some untranslated scans and things get spicy. I really do hope the gf is Megumi tho lol.

We've actually been waiting for the volume to come out, because we don't like typesetting the screencap of the online version. We had the chapter translated more than a year ago already, waiting for the book. The volume only came out recently along with the March 2017 issue of Yuri Hime. (Now you guys know what you should buy to support Namori.)

Also, I blame Alex for holding onto his copy of the new volume for 6 months.

Ah good to know. Thanks again for your guys hardwork! Yuru Yuri and Oomuro-ke are some of my favorite manga, and one of the few series who's scanlation team I follow. I donated a couple times on the former Bakkin website, but that was shortly before Akane(I think?) went AWOL for a bit, so hopefully that went through.

I've chatted with Alex a couple of times on Reddit too, and he even sent me a scan one time. He seems like a nice person(despite his name), so I don't hold it against him lol. Nice to see you guys hang around in Dynasty Reader too! The following for Yuru Yuri on Reddit died down after S3 ended, so great to see some discussion about it here again, especially after the somewhat long hiatus.

last edited at Jul 30, 2017 12:01AM

CitizenJoestar
New Game discussion 29 Jul 00:39
joined Jan 28, 2016

New Game started as one of the many "look we have moe girls doing slighlty yuri stuff" manga,so I find awesome how is turnig into something more than that.

Exactly what I thought of it. While I adore these moe slice of life series, they're definitely becoming a dime a dozen kind of thing. So many similar character archtypes, yuri-bait, plotlines etc. Plus, they tend to tack on some random hobby, sport, job, club, activity the girls do that the author has some background in and just half-heartedly roll with it.

New Game doesn't actually provide as much insight into the game industry as say Shirobako did for the anime industry, but it does show some pretty relatable workplace drama and has some belivable characters.

Ko and Yun in particular feel realistic albeit extremely cute for the kind of people they are. Ko is the typical workhorse, "do everything in the group project by themself" extremely driven type of person who works 60+ hours a week. You know they are gonna be someone important someday(or already are)but can be a pain to work with because of their inhuman work schedule and perfectionist qualities. Yun is on the opposite spectrum and much more common. A person who does their job well enough to be considered valuable to a company, but not driven enough to get ahead with their own talent. That moment when she said that she doesn't care about the art competition because what's the point if someone like Ko is gonna win anyway is so believable that I'm pretty certain that something like that actually happened to the author or someone he knows.

The only unbelievable part in New Game(besides the cute girls) is no one in Eagle Jump is a shitty employee. Everybody seems like a joy to work with. Like HR wouldn't even be necessary. Everybody just has endearing flaws, nothing worth complaining or being fired over. They have crunch time like every company, but no one really seems mind. In that aspect, New Game could be better, but it's a feel good series at the end of the day.

last edited at Jul 29, 2017 12:42AM

CitizenJoestar
joined Jan 28, 2016

Yay! I'm glad Bakkin picked this back up again. I know they've been having trouble getting their group together after losing their main translator and website, but I'm glad they were able to get a new one and consistently releasing new Yuru Yuri scans.

I'm hoping we get to see some Nadeshiko and harem chapters soon. Ive seen some untranslated scans and things get spicy. I really do hope the gf is Megumi tho lol.

CitizenJoestar
New Game discussion 21 Jul 03:49
joined Jan 28, 2016

Wow, what an unexpectedly hype chapter. Barely a year into her job and Aoba is already competing with her role model for the key visual design. Like Kou, she is the quintessential star rookie, a future pillar for an organization. That being said, Aoba has the fortune to have Kou to be a sort of mentor for her. Their dynamic is very interesting. It's certainly a teacher-student relationship, but at the same time both want their work to respresent their best ideas, which can come into conflict with each other.

It's sad that the higher-ups want Kou to be given the credit, but it makes sense from a business perspective. A new IP is always a risky investment, and you want recognized names to be the face of the new product to ensure its success. I hope like during the design contest, a compromise will somehow be found where both Kou and Aoba names will be featured.

Impressed with New Game. Really started off as the typical moe, yuri-bait, all-girl series with a game dev skin, but ended up developing some interesting workplace drama. I'm not expecting Shirobako, but I'm glad the series is showing some depth in a genre that rarely has any.

CitizenJoestar
joined Jan 28, 2016

Interesting stuff from chapter 11.1 and the oneshot.

Koyori is a monster. Apparently as strong as a highschooler for a national level ping-pong team. She lost the set, but I bet she may've beaten Shindou if they played a match, as she's the type to get better as the match goes on. Curious to see if she gets any specific abilities/special moves in the future or just a true all-arounder who can adapt to anything.

In the oneshot Hanabi and Agari were the same character. I'm glad the author split them up into two, because Agari is much better design wise for her character, and Hanabi looks like and is the typical genki.

CitizenJoestar
Ayakashiko discussion 18 Jun 02:05
joined Jan 28, 2016

Author gets brownie points for actually writing a genetically plausible family tree for the blonde halfie. o3ob

Same. I was impressed a mangaka finally went out of there way to do that. So many quarter/half insert western nation characters with supposedly pure blonde hair and or blue eyes. It just doesn't work that way.

I've seen enough (Eastern, SouthEastern, some of the Pacific Islands)Asian-Caucasian mixed kids to know if they are 50/50, the most you're gonna get in terms of unique hair/eye colors is this sort of dark-pale brown hair color and sort of glossy brown eye color. That being said facial features can vary significantly, and some can easily be mistaken for either race depending on how they look. Look up Brazilian-Japanese girls and you'll see what I mean.

Dominant hair, skin, and eye colors start getting offset by recessive colors when they are around a quarter of the person's heritage(Iook up Punnet squares) . I've seen people who are 25% Asian and even black look completely white(blonde hair and all), assuming the other 75% of them is Caucasian. So it is actually possible for someone be a Japanese blondie like Emi given her genetic background.

Of course, I know all the crazy hair/eye colors is part of what makes anime/manga fun and not all mangakas took Bio 101 class so really who gives a shit. It's just this "I'm half-white so I have blonde hair" nonsense is so prevalent that I feel like a lot of people will gravely misunderstand how hair/eye colors are passed.

last edited at Jun 18, 2017 2:06AM

CitizenJoestar
joined Jan 28, 2016

I knew there was still a set left! People counted out Agari too fast.

I feel like she'll win this match. If not, at the very least her forehand smash will develop which seems to be key for her character development as that's a huge mental roadblock for her.

I'm curious how the author is going about this. Sometimes it feels like Koyori is the deuteragonist and Agari is the protagonist. A majority of the chapters have been about her and her character development. We haven't even seen Koyori's backstory yet lol.

last edited at Jun 17, 2017 2:22AM

CitizenJoestar
joined Jan 28, 2016

wasn't the individual matches best of three and the whole team best of five ? If not, my bad, they made such a big deal out of that one match I lost track of that.

Hokuto's score on chapter 10 was:

11-6
5-11
3-11
11-9
11-7

So final set score 3-2, so it is 3 out of 5 sets for singles.

Agari is down 2-1 so she can still comeback. I would like to see Koyori play honestly, but I think Agari will win this just because the author really built up Kumami as this brutish girl that really needs to be taken down a peg.

CitizenJoestar
joined Jan 28, 2016

Oh look, she lost. What a surprise. :/

Well, that was pretty much set in stone, but wish I was proven wrong. ><

If Hokuto's match was anything to go by, u have to win 3 out of 5 games to win the match.

Kumami has only won 2 so far, so Agari can come back and win still.

CitizenJoestar
Image Comments 17 Aug 02:29
joined Jan 28, 2016
55579980_p0

No way a mangaka is that cute lol. Do we know for sure that's her?