Forum › Swap ⇔ Swap discussion

joined May 23, 2015

Neither.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Jade posted:

Fipse posted:

Guess Japan also did not like the fact that the girls started to kiss and swap with other girls

I have to agree, that's just common sense author san

I'd generally agree, but then why is it Slutgami and Nekoyama still going?

For Nekoyama, well they were shown like that in early chapters, so is like "Ah, so is like that hmm naruhodo" but here you would think that after so long it would become more and more special... But it was the opposite.
Dunno which one is slutgami lo/

I think by 'Slutgami' they mean Inugami, from Inugami and Nekoyama.

last edited at Jan 29, 2019 12:46PM

joined Oct 9, 2011

Hmm, I totally see that when the kid grows up, he's going to ask Nasuko when she's going to marry Haruko.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

deltahalo241 posted:

Jade posted:

Fipse posted:

Guess Japan also did not like the fact that the girls started to kiss and swap with other girls

I have to agree, that's just common sense author san

I'd generally agree, but then why is it Slutgami and Nekoyama still going?

For Nekoyama, well they were shown like that in early chapters, so is like "Ah, so is like that hmm naruhodo" but here you would think that after so long it would become more and more special... But it was the opposite.
Dunno which one is slutgami lo/

I think by 'Slutgami' they mean Inugami, from Inugami and Nekoyama.

ooh OOH yeah yeah makes sense, I thought it was another manga with Megami or something, my bad... Carry on with the discussion

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

what a total bummer. first it's Killing Me! and now this. this is so sad. I totally thought this would continue on like another 100 chapters and it would have the potential of getting an anime adaptation. what a wasted potential.

last edited at Jan 29, 2019 5:20PM

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

The introducing of the girls being able to swap with other girls kinda killed the manga because you introduce all these set pairings and then fuck them up

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

The introducing of the girls being able to swap with other girls kinda killed the manga because you introduce all these set pairings and then fuck them up

Did that happen already in the translated chapters? I don't remember them swapping with other girls. If anything I thought they were getting closer to a romantic end.

joined May 20, 2013

My first thought when I read about swapping with others was that it could've worked with a new set of characters, maybe 3 to 6. Then couples and/or polyamory coming from that, restricting who swaps with whom, would have been a nice romantic development. Instead of undermining how serious the known characters' feelings are for each other. This late, especially after their reluctance before, switching to that will probably devalue everything.

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

This just made me realize how confusing/annoying it would be to have parents that swapped bodies regularly.

Tfwubestgirl
joined Aug 16, 2015

Haruko is honestly one of my favorite characters at the moment, so it's sad to see this one go. I love how she's so verbose and easygoing. Would've liked to see Natsuko start to get a little more serious about her. Ah well.

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Wait they're cancelling swap swap?! Whyyyyyyyy?! WHYYYYYYYY?! Its better than most shit that gets serialised!!!! Here I was hoping for a truckload of chapters until it gets an anime adaption. sigh guess I'll just enjoy it while it lasts, get my swap swap fix before its drop dropped

joined Aug 23, 2013

Since Swap ⇔ Swap is one of my favourite 4-komas out there, I have been snooping around a little. I don't know how reliable these informations are, so take them with a grain of salt.

I still don't know what the gender of the author is (nor do I care about that), so I will refer to him/her as author. Now what I have been doing is basically stalking, but the information I collected is public via the Kirara Time Carat magazine and author's SNS posts. I will not pry further into author's personal life and I would like to ask everyone to respect the author and the situation and not to bother the him/her with further questions. I have learned enough to feel bad looking into it.

So first of all this:
https://imgur.com/a/htGploE

Announcing a sudden hiatus of Swap ⇔ Swap, some other series I don't know about and Hidamari Sketch in the next volume. The second is announcing that Swap ⇔ Swap will end in the next chapter.
My opinion is that this was probably not planned if it's so sudden.

After that I have looked up author's SNS. I will not list the posts, they are still up if anyone wants to see.
Around Christmas time author announced on SNS that the author's son had caught a cold and couldn't post because of the work schedule. After that came a lot of im@s posts and mentions of Comiket goods made by author, depicting a certain im@s character.

The next post is from 6th of February, when author announced the end of Swap ⇔ Swap. In another post author mentioned a health problem and working multiple jobs at the same time and 'various bad things'.
Or maybe the 'jobs/works' are simply referring to independent im@s works, plus taking care of a child and working different jobs could have been taking a toll.

After that author received an original copy of an artwork featuring Haruko and Natsuko from the Kirara Exhibition and was overjoyed. Author even told that he/she will buy this artwork of his/her favorite manga.
Again my opinion is that you wouldn't refer to your favorite work so fondly if you grew tired of it and wanted to end it quickly

In yesterday's post author mentioned that the situation with im@s and Kirara deteriorated and wants to draw Swap ⇔ Swap again. Also mentioned that several posts were deleted.

What I can put together is that the situation is complex, but I can think of some scenarios:
1.: Because of the health problems and working various jobs at the same time the author had to give up drawing for Kirara altogether, which probably doesn't pay well at all.
2.: Because of the health problems, Kirara forced the author to give up the spot in the magazine to fill it by someone who can submit works regularly.
3.: It could be that because of the released im@s goods at comiket, the author stumbled upon legal issues and Kirara just broke up the contract for Swap ⇔ Swap, because they did no want to deal with it.

In any case, my opinions are in italics, and are no facts at all, feel free to refute them. I would like to ask everyone again: please do not bother author with unnecessary questions, because the situation looks complex enough and probably involves personal life issues too. It is already bad enough that we will lose a fun series.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Thanks for bringing light on the author's issues, is easy to forget that there's a person with family behind the pages... I don't know what happened with im@s but maybe the author will be happier doing doujins about it than dealing with kirara's schedule... But I don't know how profitable could be even as a famous mangaka.

This manga had enough force to become an anime but I think the spoiler up there ruin it for many people, but that aside, let's hope the kids are fine and we can see the next work too some day.

joined May 23, 2015

She's married and has a son.

She deleted most of her twitter history back in December for an unspecified reason.

She's been putting out idolmaster doujins (and doujin goods) for years, longer than Swap has been running.

She mentioned as far back as last summer that she's doing work on some sort of new project, and she mentioned working on it again last month. I may be mistaken about this particular detail, but I also seem to remember her mentioning a new manga project.

So I don't really agree with any of that.

Edit/Addendum: The deleting happened before Comiket, and some of the first new posts she made were promoting her goods.

I say married, but I admit I'm not sure I've ever seen her directly mention her husband. However, the only real personal detail she ever even talks about is bringing up her son from time to time.

last edited at Feb 27, 2019 8:49PM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

they start kissing other girls and swapping with others? nani i don´t remember that can someon link me to that chapter please

last edited at Jun 8, 2019 12:53AM

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Man, Yuri (and yuri lol) just puts a smile on my face every time she appears.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

I just want to remaind you that this had finished with 4 tomes so only 7 chapters remaining :(
Oh, I didn't saw Radzeer comment, sorry.
And I think deleting posts is normal? Momono Moto-sensei had one talking abou LGTB community and that she is blessed because she can help it with manga or something like that and I can't find that twit anymore.
Whatever, I just wish this wasn't cancelled so the end will be clear at least... I pray for that xD

last edited at Jun 8, 2019 1:25AM

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

well fuck, not only i just realize that killing me was cancelled months ago, now turns out swap is going to end soon .this was definetly a bad day

last edited at Jun 8, 2019 4:15AM

Kuvl_u-8
joined Nov 1, 2015

new chapter, its been so long \o/

Untitled%20(3)
joined Jan 7, 2019

I'm so happy and sad at the same time, Happy cuz new translated chapter, sad cuz it was axed and we are near the end of this good series.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I'm so happy and sad at the same time, Happy cuz new translated chapter, sad cuz it was axed and we are near the end of this good series.

Stole the words outta my mouth.

I'm gonna miss you swap swap. Let's all enjoy the final shebang together ;_;

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

This was such a wholesome chapter for Haruko. Loved it.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

Wait what?!

20200611_003300
joined May 9, 2019

FINALLY a new goddang chapter

joined May 29, 2019

#blessed

To reply you must either login or sign up.