Forum › Swap ⇔ Swap discussion

Aasami
joined Aug 9, 2016

Don't think it was mentioned here yet, but chapter 40 got updated with a load of colour bonus pages.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/swap_swap_ch40

Does it mean this awesome manga's gonna end soon already? Why???

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

There was a strip that left me kinda confused.

When Haruko tells the teacher about her feelings of wanting to be with Natsuko, the teacher replies that "when you grow up, those feelings will all become good memories" (of her youth).

Now, I may be mistaken, but aren't those the exact words people normally use to tell a girl that her crush on another girl is just a phase and that she will grow out of it?

But that teacher is, of all the characters, the one person who knows better... so it can't be that... ┐( ? ʖ̯ ?)┌

joined Mar 15, 2017

There was a strip that left me kinda confused.

When Haruko tells the teacher about her feelings of wanting to be with Natsuko, the teacher replies that "when you grow up, those feelings will all become good memories" (of her youth).

Now, I may be mistaken, but aren't those the exact words people normally use to tell a girl that her crush on another girl is just a phase and that she will grow out of it?

But that teacher is, of all the characters, the one person who knows better... so it can't be that... ┐( ? ʖ̯ ?)┌

The lesson here is that you've been too quick to apply an an unwarranted homophobic interpretation to lines that actually have a perfectly fine sentiment. She is talking about how even feelings that at the time were about missing out can be looked back on and appreciated.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

The lesson here is that you've been too quick to apply an an unwarranted homophobic interpretation to lines that actually have a perfectly fine sentiment. She is talking about how even feelings that at the time were about missing out can be looked back on and appreciated.

Aah so that's her angle... I see... my interpretation of the dialogue was linear and literal, so I missed the implied jump of meaning...

In my defense, it really was an ambiguous way of wording it. :P

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

ixlone posted:

Don't think it was mentioned here yet, but chapter 40 got updated with a load of colour bonus pages.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/swap_swap_ch40

Really good stuff, thanks!

I'm so happy and sad at the same time, Happy cuz new translated chapter, sad cuz it was axed and we are near the end of this good series.

Wait what?!

Oof...

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Every time more swap is added is a good day, it's a bit frustrating how slow releases are considering how fast chapters used to be released but I guess it's a way of savouring it before it comes to an end sooner than it should (for real why axe this gem?! Everone here mad AF at that shit! It's all we can think about now! We all scared!!!) Anyway, interested to see how thechool trip goes down. I see a lot of future laughs when they swap while Yuri-chan is part of the group plus the kiss witness girls being around

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I see, so letting her put sunscreen under the straps is more embarassing than kissing her(in publc or not). Ok natsuko, sounds logic.

It's "Natsuko Logic"!

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

The good thing about a new chapter is a new chapter.

The bad thing is that we're nearing the end of this lovely series.

Already eight chapters into volume 4... only three or so should remain...

Eivhbyw
joined Aug 26, 2018

That final line sure sounded like "We will stay together even as adults" to me. Lovely.

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

I wonder how they are gonna wrap it up so quickly.

joined Jul 26, 2016

5€ that the second to last panel here is juuuuuuuust a bit dirty_thoughts.jpg

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

5€ that the second to last panel here is juuuuuuuust a bit dirty_thoughts.jpg

???

"When we grow up, we'll be able to come lots of times."

What could possibly be 'dirty thoughts' about Haruko's innocent wish to co...

Oh.

facepalm.jpg

I swear, I'm always the last one to realize these things. (>//﹏//<)

Annotation%202020-07-02%20193122
joined Apr 19, 2018

So who are those people that invited Haruki into their group for the school trip?

I don't remember a single one out of those four

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I suspect that, in the remaining chapters till the manga's end, Yume won't get a single kiss. This makes me mad.

She's my favorite among the schoolgirls in the story. She was curious about the swapping, and tried more than once to persuade Haru/Natsuko to kiss her -- just to see if they would swap bodies with her, too. But the other girls always shied away from the experiment. Tsk.

It will be vexing if, by the end of the series, Yume hasn't been kissed by anyone, not even once. Swap or no swap. Unfairness!

joined Jul 26, 2016

I suspect that, in the remaining chapters till the manga's end, Yume won't get a single kiss. This makes me mad.

She's my favorite among the schoolgirls in the story. She was curious about the swapping, and tried more than once to persuade Haru/Natsuko to kiss her -- just to see if they would swap bodies with her, too. But the other girls always shied away from the experiment. Tsk.

It will be vexing if, by the end of the series, Yume hasn't been kissed by anyone, not even once. Swap or no swap. Unfairness!

The thirst is real on both sides of the screen, I see. :v

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Something tells me the person on the page before this one is very, very happy.

last edited at Jul 23, 2019 9:37PM

Rsz_1screenshot_7
joined Aug 23, 2015

heh heh heh. but does that mean she has a thing for or

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Airhead

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Cuteeee i wasnt expecting those two to ever kiss

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

I WASN'T EXPECTING THAT KISS, MY GOD!
AND IT WAS A NON SWAP KISS
I AM DEAD

...that's doujinshi material

last edited at Jul 23, 2019 10:22PM

Selfie
joined Aug 25, 2018

so let me get this straigh,t now that this is gradually becoming more yuri it's getting axed?

Why do you have to be so cruel?,

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Something tells me the person on the page before this one is very, very happy.

I am. Trust me, I am.

This is me reading this chapter:

I can't believe it! All I had to do was wish that Yume got kissed by some girl, any girl, and next day, bam, they release the chapter where it happens! Even better: the girl who kissed Yume is Satsuki, the one we all saw as Yume's perfect romantic partner. How amazing is that?

I suddenly feel omnipotent.

I now wish for all my OTPs to become canon! Oh, and world peace, too.

We'll see what happens.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

At long last! Yume has finally gotten the kiss she's been yearning for all this time, and it was from Satsuki on top of that! Given that no swapping happened, I shall treat them as a canonical couple from now on.

To reply you must either login or sign up.