Forum › Citrus discussion

joined Jun 9, 2018

They did the matching outfits for their wedding, cute.
But what do you guys think Mei's father and grandfather were discussing for Yuzu to make such face and Mei be a bit anxious?

joined May 20, 2018

so... anyone out there who wouldnt mind telling me why Mei never bothered to turn down the arranged marriage with manager-san and just went along with it? why the sudden change of heart and suddenly trying to get away from yuzu? i thought mei already accepted yuzu's love? i mean.. she did accept that ring..

I dropped this many chapters ago and only skimmed through from where i left off.

26994326_2078073929078257_7549295234998882413_n
joined Jan 28, 2018

I still don't understand why some ppl complaining or dissing this manga =/ smh

Because the ending is rushed, all the drama turned out to be fake, no sex scene, wedding with no explanation, all the side characters conflicts remain unresolved, and Mei holds the title as worst character of the series. Seriously, Mei is so bad that she was absent most of the last volume.

Thats why people are complaining, and no random lesbian marriage can fix these glaring problems with the series.

People just like to complaining about random things that's all there is to it.

well said :D

Rise192_78
joined Aug 22, 2013

lol that little kouhai hiding in the bushes... she's just thinking what we're all thinking... that Harumin has feelings for Yuzu and Matsuri has feelings for Harumin, Yuzu and Mei hehe....

On a side note about the second to last color page... i wonder who is the guy with the Japanese fans, and the two girls on the bottom right of the staircase (blue/black dress and green dress)?

Mog2
joined Jul 29, 2017

The two guys with fans are Shiraho's "brothers" (yakuza guards in fact but considered as a family) and Yuzu's greatest fans since she was able to make Shiraho laugh in the bonus chapter of volume 7.

The two girls on the bottom are Yuzu's former friends she meets again in volume 6 and whose reaction to a same sex couple display of affection made her having her depressed state at this time.

Maybe the spin-off will cover the events between Mei's real confession and the wedding that seems to happen in an immediate future after high school, since Yuzu talked about the marriage being possible in a near future (meaning not yet when there are back together) and the color page didn't show clearly the faces of the band.

And so, the fact these former friends are here will be explained too... Who knows.

last edited at Aug 20, 2018 8:51AM

Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

I don't know how you stomach this trash. This is the only yuri manga I've ever had to drop for being too melodramatic, cliched and dumb. I came back to skim the last chapter for more melodrama followed by the most rushed love reconciliation/proposal/marriage I've ever seen. I mean, that had to be some kind of record. I'm sticking to yuri manwha. The Korean authors handle them so much better.

last edited at Aug 20, 2018 9:15AM

joined May 23, 2018

Thank you so much for this comic. It's one of my most favorites! Thank you for all the hard work , it truly refreshing i cant wait to read the spin off.

joined Feb 18, 2015

So she's jumping right into a spin-off starting later this year? (Or did it already start? 2018 winter could mean it already started...) I hope it concentrates on the other characters. Some of them are more interesting than the protagonists...

joined Jun 18, 2018

I don't know how you stomach this trash. This is the only yuri manga I've ever had to drop for being too melodramatic, cliched and dumb. I came back to skim the last chapter for more melodrama followed by the most rushed love reconciliation/proposal/marriage I've ever seen. I mean, that had to be some kind of record. I'm sticking to yuri manwha. The Korean authors handle them so much better.

What's a yuri manhwa? Tried googling it but all it gave me is a list of recommended yuri anime or manga, which brings me back to Japanese stuff too. Nothing about Korean yuri? I'm curious to see how Korean comics are like, since I don't like their k-drama at all for being too melodramatic and cliche all the time lol.

joined Aug 10, 2018

Only reasonable characters in this series were Harumin and Matsuri tbh
Yuzu was a dumbass and Mei was a complete bitch

Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016

What's a yuri manhwa? Tried googling it but all it gave me is a list of recommended yuri anime or manga, which brings me back to Japanese stuff too. Nothing about Korean yuri? I'm curious to see how Korean comics are like, since I don't like their k-drama at all for being too melodramatic and cliche all the time lol.

Manhua is just Korean term for comic. I'm not sure I agree with StarKnight's sentiment about Korean authors handling yuri content so much better. But then again, I haven't read that many yuri manhuas.

Fluttering feelings is one of my favs, and the first one that comes to mind. Story and character development is fantastic. It's not complete but still enjoyable. Dynasty only has 18 out of 68 available chapters, unfortunately. You'll have to look up other sites. The Love Doctor is also worth reading IMO. It's available on Lezhin, and the series has already concluded so ou can binge it on your free time. Pulse is another complete series you can check out. Art quality is above the clouds, but... let's just say Ratana Satis isn't the most talented of authors so if you lose interest midway and want to save your money.... These are all I can think of atm. I haven't been following any manhua recently as the content you get weekly feel insubstantial compared to most manga.

Tumblr_inline_niapmwo2tb1qhkmjy
joined Jun 16, 2016

My suggestion :
1. Fluttering feelings
2.Maison de maid
3. WDTFS .Drama but well explained than citrus.
4. Blooming sequence.
5.Beloved
6. Her shim-choeng

People just like to complaining about random things that's all there is to it.

And some people like to eat shit and thank their waiter for the oppertunity.

u can trick urself into thinking shit tastes good

Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016

The way I look at it is Hotaru from NTR and Mel fill the same space in terms of a charater that is redeemed near or at the end. Except Hotaru really did get developed heavly and even reverted to her true personallity at the end. Hotaru sends the message that sometimes you create the monster that makes your life more difficult. Mel had no setup for her actions she just kinda did stuff with no real reason to.

Well I think that unpredictability in her actions was also a part of her charm initially. Mei appeared quite enigmatic during the first few chapters and that made many of us root for Yuzu to uncover Mei's troubles and help her solve them. I don't exactly hate Mei like many here seem to, I'm just disappointed at her stunted character dev till the end. She was a troubled and flawed character with a ton of potential to grow, but the author decided to laze off and we got what we have now. Ultimately, those of us who're a bit irked by the last chapter aren't dissatisfied by the ending imo, but the route the series took to get to that end.

We know from the first chapters that her net worth is fairly high so it wasnt for money. Mel is very aware of the mutual love so its not because she thinks she is holding Yuzu down. Mel was even given what is basically full controll of her own life so theres noone telling her to not be gay. How was there even drama in the firstplace? What kind of message does Mel send? If you have money, a lover, and full controll of your future dont go off and marry some random guy with less money then you.

Uh... what? :D

Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016

My suggestion :
1. Fluttering feelings
2.Maison de maid
4. Blooming sequence.
5.Beloved
6. Her shim-choeng

Excellent list!

Never heard of the sixth one though :. What's it about? and where did you read it?

someones badmouthing Mei,another ones badmouthing Yuzu another badmouthing SU.people here being so rude.I have never seen any sites or groups in which people are so rude.
Well said I agree.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The way I look at it is Hotaru from NTR and Mel fill the same space in terms of a charater that is redeemed near or at the end. Except Hotaru really did get developed heavly and even reverted to her true personallity at the end. Hotaru sends the message that sometimes you create the monster that makes your life more difficult. Mel had no setup for her actions she just kinda did stuff with no real reason to.

Well I think that unpredictability in her actions was also a part of her charm initially. Mei appeared quite enigmatic during the first few chapters and that made many of us root for Yuzu to uncover Mei's troubles and help her solve them. I don't exactly hate Mei like many here seem to, I'm just disappointed at her stunted character dev till the end. She was a troubled and flawed character with a ton of potential to grow, but the author decided to laze off and we got what we have now. Ultimately, those of us who're a bit irked by the last chapter aren't dissatisfied by the ending imo, but the route the series took to get to that end.

I agree with this. I have trouble even seeing the Mei of the later chapters as an imaginary "person" upon whom I can pass moral or ethical judgments at all. She's more of a botched fictional construction by an author who set up a series of narrative and thematic problems in the early chapters then failed to even try to solve them.

Those early chapters were about Yuzu enabling Mei to open up emotionally, to confront her feelings about her father, and to begin to explore how she could move forward with her life on her own terms and move forward in her relationship with Yuzu. She was also someone whose maturity (in certain respects) and greater experience in the world could also help Yuzu to grow up.

The emotionally twisted, self-sacrificing Mei who was paralyzed by familial expectations (pressures which we ultimately learn were almost entirely self-inflicted) is more like the character she was at the start than the one she seemed on her way to becoming after the first couple of dozen chapters.

Tumblr_inline_niapmwo2tb1qhkmjy
joined Jun 16, 2016

My suggestion :
1. Fluttering feelings
2.Maison de maid
4. Blooming sequence.
5.Beloved
6. Her shim-choeng

Excellent list!

Never heard of the sixth one though :. What's it about? and where did you read it?

Here . https://m.imgur.com/a/VYjcM
There are more chapter but i read it in korean and vietnamese . Dont know About english version

joined Nov 21, 2017

Noooo Saburouta! Where's the sex? We were waiting for it! TT__TT

joined Aug 20, 2018

Rushed ending, but you can tell Saburouta wanted to be done with this. Don't blame them. I'd be pretty fed up if I had to work on the same project for...what, 5 years?

I'm disappointed we didn't get the outcome that a lot of us were hoping for (i.e. Yuzu doesn't chase after Mei and instead Mei has to chase after Yuzu later, Yuzu develops more independence, Mei grows a backbone, etc.), but I'm also really relieved we're done.

I'm not going to get into details since that would take up an entire page of comments, so I'll just summarize my overall feelings for the series: it's okay. It's not well-written, the main characters don't really develop at all, conflict is always repetitive, and there are lots of cringey moments. That being said, Citrus is worth a read, and I think every yuri fan should read it at least once. The art is fantastic, the supporting cast is great, and there are lots of cute and fluffy moments.

Hopefully, SU's next work will have more coherency and will be written better.

joined Aug 20, 2018

Can people please stop saying that the ending was rushed please? Inform before you say something. Citrus will continue in a new manga called Citrus + in which you will have the ending expanded and adventures of their lives after marriege. The ending was rushed on purpose to open a path for Citrus +, so stop it already

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Can people please stop saying that the ending was rushed please? Inform before you say something. Citrus will continue in a new manga called Citrus + in which you will have the ending expanded and adventures of their lives after marriege. The ending was rushed on purpose to open a path for Citrus +, so stop it already

This is a series that spent almost three full chapters at the fireworks festival, that spent 10 pages getting Sara and her sister from the train station to Yuzu’s room in one of the final four chapters, but then refused to do more than fast-forward through the most difficult problems that the entire series had set up without even bothering to show us exactly what happened.

Don’t tell us that some future, unwritten series will rectify all the storytelling flaws that most certainly are present in the Citrus that actually exists.

Or at least don’t expect us to believe it until we see it.

last edited at Aug 21, 2018 9:19AM

0000slan1
joined Apr 7, 2018

We don't know anything about Citrus Plus so far except that it will be more focused on the sides characters, it could be before or after the marriage for all we know, so unless you have an official statement from Saburouta regarding the exact content of Citrus Plus you don't know what it's going to be about. And Citrus ending was rushed, it is undeniable, the fact that she is going to make a spin off is not an excuse, quite the contrary, botching your work on purpose just to keep some content for a spin off is not something to be proud of.

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

I remember starting this when the first chapter was out, thinking “this seems cool, I’ll follow along and see what happens”. I think I’m satisfied with the ending as it is. Sure, I might’ve been rooting for Matsuri and Harumin the whole time but that’s how it be sometimes. I feel like you couldn’t really add more content given the characters’ background, like Mei’s deal with the family business is running dry and Yuzu is pretty much already fully developed the first few chapters. She didn’t really have much of a background other than her father’s death and that was only covered for a few pages so I’m a bit disappointed she wasn’t explored any further. It’s been a wild read. Also could someone explain to me the way Harumin looks at Yuzu? When Yuzu confesses to her, it kind of made it more dramatic than it should be and didn’t require many words. Maybe it’s just a best friends thing and I’m reading too much into it but when I got to this, the box on the middle left looks like it’s showing a love square? Or is it just what Nene envisions?

joined Apr 7, 2016

We don't know anything about Citrus Plus so far except that it will be more focused on the sides characters, it could be before or after the marriage for all we know, so unless you have an official statement from Saburouta regarding the exact content of Citrus Plus you don't know what it's going to be about. And Citrus ending was rushed, it is undeniable, the fact that she is going to make a spin off is not an excuse, quite the contrary, botching your work on purpose just to keep some content for a spin off is not something to be proud of.

Agreed. Regardless of how Citrus Plus is going to be like, it still doesn't change the fact that the original series was so rushed at the end and resolved so quickly, i.e. showing textless panels of characters being cool with everything as opposed to creating a coherent storyline about it all.

To reply you must either login or sign up.