Forum › Citrus discussion

56239_1311160211088_full
joined Oct 30, 2015

My goodness!!! What a nice ending... Waiting for doujinshi and after marriage life

joined Aug 2, 2018

Wow, glad I never really invested in this one. Story was just all drama, drama, drama, then a complete barrel rolll u-turn to happiness. The art is extremely clean, I love that, and that’s what kept me reading, but wow what an ending. Exactly what I expected, it not how I thought it would go. Thought it’d end with Mei just coming back home and queue new drama arc. Happy it ended in marriage, the two wedding dresses was pretty cool but I really would have liked seeing how that unfolded to everyone after announcing it. That arc would have given much better closure to the series imo.

joined Jan 10, 2017

Never understood why anyone liked this shit to begin with. Worst long running yuri manga ever. Just totally brainless and heartless and nonsensical.

Psx_20160306_172109
joined Mar 21, 2013

I just reread the whole thing and i might have to take back all the bad things ive said about this series.
It's such a feel good ending and I wouldn't had any resentment if they didnt stretch it out for this long.
I even got teary at the end despite reading through the whole series in 2 days (followed it on and off)
Anyways good work everyone! Thanks for having this up on dynasty scans :)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Never understood why anyone liked this shit to begin with. Worst long running yuri manga ever. Just totally brainless and heartless and nonsensical.

A lot of people have said so. I was not one of them—I never thought it was excellent, but it had a number of decent and sometimes very good qualities. So for a long time I thought it was interesting enough as an OK, although sometimes goofy, read.

One of the more interesting questions about the story was, basically, “Given the setup (stepsisters in love, traditionalist family pressures, etc.) how is the author going to get out of this one?”

Starting around Volume 7, it became increasingly clear that the answer was, “she’s not,” or rather, since the series was always advertised as having a happy ending, that all the complex problems of emotions, family, culture, etc. that had been established in the first volumes were just going to be handwaved away. And so they were.

So the people who just liked the characters and only cared about a happy ending but didn’t care much about how the story got there are happy, and the people who trashed it all along can say they were right.

I’d still say that they ended up being right, but they weren’t right all along.

last edited at Aug 19, 2018 11:49AM

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Mei gets a wife by doing absolutely nothing The Series:

Complete.

Where do I sign up for this?

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

So the people who just liked the characters and only cared about a happy ending but didn’t care much about how the story got there are happy, and the people who trashed it all along can say they were right.

I’d still say that they ended up being right, but they weren’t right all along.

This. Honestly I had the time of my life reading Citrus, it just captured my attention intensely because of the characters... but the plot made me laugh in disbelief at the wacky writing so many times. By the time chapter 36 arrived I realized it could never live up to its own hype, Sabu was clearly biting more than she can chew in order to end the series with a big bang so to speak. And so she did. I mean we are getting a spin-off series, which indicates the success of Citrus is probably unprecedented for a yuri series. Readers eat this up like K-Drama crack. That includes myself xD

So admitting to my weakness for this kind of cheap fast food drama, I will just cross my fingers that the spin-off is about Harumin/Matsuri. I legit can't stand Mei anymore.

last edited at Aug 19, 2018 11:37AM

20180327_165604
joined Nov 9, 2017

Rushed or whatever, I cried seeing the last page. ._.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

There's only one word to describe this whole manga: corny.

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

I'm simply happy that the art maintained its high quality for 5+ years. Other than Citrus Plus, I hope Saburouta will work on more series in the future. It's always a pleasure to collect books with amazing drawings.

Mikoto_to_aru_kagaku_no_railgun
joined Feb 18, 2018

The end came very suddenly and looks something rushed as if it absolutely had to be done. I'm still happy that have come together.

joined Jun 9, 2018

I'm so happy, YuzuMei got their happy ending and marriage too. Now for the rush part, we knew this would happen since Saburouta has been doing it throughout the whole series. I love this manga because I never put my expectations too high like you guys who like to examine every little detail. I can't wait for the spinoff.

joined Aug 19, 2018

While the end did come very suddenly, I'm still so happy that they finally got married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yuzu x Mei!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20190101_004014
joined Apr 14, 2017

Despite a lot of people being discontent with the ending being rushed and such, I still enjoyed this ending.

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

Ending a bit rushed, but I'm glad it's a happy ending!
I still don't understand why some ppl complaining or dissing this manga =/ smh

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

I would say the chief issue is not how everything was rushed, but the fact that it was hard to feel any sympathy for Mei at the end. Chapters 37-41 threw her under the bus, even though she was growing into a very likeable character before. I mean gosh, she even decided to hurry up with the wedding AND told Yuzu to leave her presence even though she knew the girl was there for her. Zero fucks were given about Yuzu's feelings. Did she ever apologize or does Sabu think this is all A-OK behavior?? It's like...I can't endorse this person as romantic interest, not even to my enemies.

last edited at Aug 19, 2018 3:36PM

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Ending feels really rushed, but i can't say i'm not a fan of sappy wedding endings. Explicit wedding is a nice touch, but it felt empty since there was no build up to it and Mei's gramps was quite accepting of it considering how he shoved an arranged marriage not too long ago. Anyways, hopefully we'll get an extra chapter with more sappy stuff to wash away some of the bad taste the last couple of chapters left in my mouth.

I still don't understand why some ppl complaining or dissing this manga =/ smh

Because the ending is rushed, all the drama turned out to be fake, no sex scene, wedding with no explanation, all the side characters conflicts remain unresolved, and Mei holds the title as worst character of the series. Seriously, Mei is so bad that she was absent most of the last volume.

Thats why people are complaining, and no random lesbian marriage can fix these glaring problems with the series.

People just like to complaining about random things that's all there is to it.

joined Apr 18, 2018

@Tingtong - I could say the same thing for people like you that think that this manga have no problem at all. You can like anything you want but to actually acted as if Citrus is flawless whatsoever and deserves zero complaint is just dumb because a lot of people had come up with good arguments regarding their position. Don't be afraid to see the flaws, it doesn't make you a hater but someone that actually really loved something that you wanted it to improve that way.

@Shawn - And people that likes everything being thrown at them without a second thought just likes eating any shit up, that's all there is to is.

last edited at Aug 19, 2018 5:59PM

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

Complete.

Step one: be attractive.

Step two: brood.

The rest will handle itself.

Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

Well, the series is meh, but i’d like to at least thank the people that worked on this story and gave me the opportunity to read it!

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

Complete.

Step one: be attractive.

Step two: brood.

The rest will handle itself.

Need to add the step where you act like a complete bitch to the people you supposedly care for. Can't really end with a wife without that step.

shinystewshine
Tumblr_pleo0rtlsv1qe7783o1_500%20-%20edited
joined Aug 6, 2018

Citrus has finally come to an end after a hella lot of time. Though that ending was very rushed and such it has grown on me after following it for a very long time.

joined Jun 9, 2018

And those who like Citrus and those who complain like to eat "shit" since those who complain could have stopped eating it a long time ago.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Please talk about the series--pro or con--and not about other readers.

To reply you must either login or sign up.