Forum › Citrus discussion

4bbe1078a9d82bf519de9e5fc56dee60
joined Feb 18, 2018

Welp my method of reading Citrus+ will be to check if Mei is the focus of the chapter, if she is I will just skip it. Can't believe Sabu destroyed what used to be my favourite character in the series, it's even masterful in a way lol The more days pass since the end, the more I realize how shitty Mei's behaviour really was through the entire thing when viewed in retrospect.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Welp my method of reading Citrus+ will be to check if Mei is the focus of the chapter, if she is I will just skip it. Can't believe Sabu destroyed what used to be my favourite character in the series, it's even masterful in a way lol The more days pass since the end, the more I realize how shitty Mei's behaviour really was through the entire thing when viewed in retrospect.

I know I'm just beating a dead horse now, but the really terrible thing to my mind is that at one point Mei was actually changing for the better, for herself and for Yuzu--which seemed to be the point of the whole goddam series.

I would have sworn that after Chapter 24 the story was going to be "Yuzu and Mei moving forward together." Instead we got "crazy stepsister is still crazy but not quite as assaultive as before."

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Welp chapter 41 feels like the author was too terrified of his global fans and opted for the casual unrealistic happy ending instead. Hmmm not complaining since the fanservice wedding pic really makes my day, but well Citrus never really turns out as good as the hype said it will. Maybe good for eye candy and soap opera style but not enough to place itself as one of the legendary anymore (well people will still think of Citrus when they talk about yuri though sooo)

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

I want to cry everytime I think of Citrus because it's so good and now it's done. I remember crying in frustration after the first chapter came out and again everytime it would update every other month. And then cry more because of the characters and events. Pretty much this gave me a full-on roller coaster of frustration. Really wish there was more after continously rereading and keeping track with it since the beginning.

joined Apr 17, 2016

I can't believe that the series is done. I honestly need to read it a couple more times plus read the series again. It feels like my body wants to cry but is in to much shock from having the series end. Does anyone know what Citrus Plus is going to be about. Is there going to be a time jump, how is Mei going to run the school, are they even going to graduate from the school?!?!?!?!?!?! All of these questions need to be answered. Now for the time being I am going to sleep so then I can reread the chapters and all it's glory. Also I might pick up the actual books to support the author, hopefully he/she can create more content soon and hopefully Citrus season 2 can live up to the book.

Imgonline-com-ua-resize-gaope9krbi
joined Jul 31, 2015

Thank you, Saburouta!

Dark_Tzitzimine
67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The collector's edition of Volume 10 will include a booklet and a replica of an invitation to Yuzu and Mei's wedding.
https://twitter.com/_saburouta/status/1052484777196974080

Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

It's pointless to talk about rushing when there is literally no space to put in the things. As far as I can see, Saburo used every last bit of space in the last volume to "wrap it up". Volumes 5, 6, 8 and 9 were great. 7 was ok. Even most of 10 is good in its own emotional way.

What is puzzling me is a) Why only 10 volumes when the story so clearly required 11-12 for a better flow? and b) Immediate sequel, and even to the main story itself. So in effect Citrus+ will be like continuing from volume 11 anyway. So what was the purpose of going on like this and whose idea was it? It's just odd. I don't think I've ever seen things go quite like this...

This also means that all critique seen here about the ending is pointless. We can actually get back to them once C+ has progressed far away from the couch scene in chapter 41 and hopefully filled in the blanks on various issues.

last edited at Oct 28, 2018 4:17AM

joined Feb 18, 2018

Well, my conclusion is that Citrus was never meant to make any sense. Rather it's just for mass appeal, so it throws drama after drama at the readers to stir emotions with no intent of ever forming a cohesive whole and explaining itself. The McDonald's of yuri. Don't think too hard about it.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

So, “in effect” the ending wasn’t really the ending, and critiques of that Citrus that actually exists are “pointless” because the imaginary Citrus that may or may not someday exist will definitely redress any perceived deficiencies in the only Citrus that people have actually been able to read because that’s the only one that actually exists. So far.

Good to know.

Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

The volume 10 author's notes were translated today. It seems Citrus plus will indeed be happier in tone. It will also continue the stories of the side characters.

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

The volume 10 author's notes were translated today. It seems Citrus plus will indeed be happier in tone. It will also continue the stories of the side characters.

who translated it? cause CHAOSTEAM is already on it and will be posted as last page in chapter 41

Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

It was posted on the Citrus discord.

19243370_189319978264256_7134889760776107126_o
joined Dec 26, 2014

It was posted on the Citrus discord.

ok thanks ;)
either way we will post it soon enough as well on dynasty ;)

Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

I'm still looking forward to the Chaosteam version since the fan that did the quick translation wasn't sure on some of the lines.

joined Feb 18, 2018

Even Sabu got depressed after dealing with Mei xD

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

Oh mah gaaaaawd I felt my blood pressure rise. Since when did Yuzu get so damn assertive and sexy? Seems like the “plus” in the title really might refer to more adult content in the new series holy moly

Edit: The Q&A is hilarious. Even on her wedding day, Mei is still a tsun tsun <3 The wedding and reception page is the most beautifully yuri thing I’ve ever seen.
“It was just getting to the good part” I FUCKIN AGREE. Saburouta, you lovely sadist

last edited at Nov 3, 2018 5:06PM

Diesirae
joined Jul 22, 2018

Seems like the “plus” in the title really might refer to more adult content in the new series holy moly==

Plus just means bonus or extra, like Fate/Extra. The title has absolutely no tie to adult content. In fact, all of the volume bonus chapters for Citrus were titled Plus. That's not to say that Citrus Plus won't have some more mature content now that Yuzu and Mei are together for good, just that the title isn't any indication of that.

last edited at Oct 31, 2018 11:11AM

A8655427-a1fe-40eb-9c2f-10bb35cb2487
joined Aug 26, 2018

Seems like the “plus” in the title really might refer to more adult content in the new series holy moly==

Plus just means bonus or extra, like Fate/Extra. The title has absolutely no tie to adult content. In fact, all of the volume bonus chapters for Citrus were titled Plus. That's not to say that Citrus Plus won't have some more mature content now that Yuzu and Mei are together for good, just that the title isn't any indication of that.

I didn’t say the title definitely had connection to adult content, I used the word “might.” I just stated the theory that others had (theory that “plus” refers to 18+) isn’t too far fetched. I think it’s okay to interpret it that way, but realistically, yeah, “plus” means bonus/extra

last edited at Oct 31, 2018 1:40PM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Special for vol 10 were added PLUS Saburouta's afterword in chapter 41

joined Jan 11, 2018

Well there's finally an ending now. Honestly it was pretty good.

Unbenannt%20(copy)
joined Apr 21, 2018

Good Special :) Im happy with it. Citrus was my First Yuri Manga that i readed and im happy how it Ended. I wanted more but its fine how it is :)

joined Jul 29, 2018

They-they finally marrried. Cries a whole whale of tears

joined Feb 23, 2016

Omg.. i need more.. about their life and how it will go...

joined May 11, 2018

Heart throbbing and cuteee!! But yet again Saburouta gives us a Sabuskip at the end

To reply you must either login or sign up.