Forum › Dear My Teacher discussion

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Is that the father or a brother?

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

He looks a bit young, doesn't he? Whoever he is, he has the face of a homophobic, emotionally abusive prick. But giving that he's young compared to the mother, if he's actually her father ... maybe he'll just go "high five, age gap best gap!"

Download
joined Jun 4, 2015

Good point, I assumed father but their ages do look different. It’s be nice for a non drama plot but we all know the usual routine.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Well, we still have Nettaigyo wa as the standard bearer for best dads. Though, he might be just a older brother.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Ok, they've been dating for nearly two years and she not only has never been to her apartment, she doesn't even know the address???
Sorry, hasn't that already happened in this series? Anyhow it's so mind-alteringly bad it really is painful to read... two years?? Never even over for Tea or sent a post-card there??

Gah, and now some villain-dude shows up, could have been such an nice, angst-ridden chapter but nooooo....

Ok, they've been dating for nearly two years and she not only has never been to her apartment, she doesn't even know the address???
Sorry, hasn't that already happened in this series? Anyhow it's so mind-alteringly bad it really is painful to read... two years?? Never even over for Tea or sent a post-card there??

They've only dated for around 9 months actually. "Second winter" refers to since they met.

last edited at Aug 10, 2018 2:02PM by

joined Jan 11, 2018

Yandere Kanojo is the only series I can think of off the top of my head where it looked like it was going to typical dad trope but it needed up subverting it with the dad being very shy and kind hearted but has a permanent scowl.

Maybe this will be the second.

last edited at Aug 10, 2018 2:43PM

Etqyggh6mxyi1klo3fwjrwrwicpboh
joined Feb 7, 2015

This isn't much of a 'Dear my Teacher' now is it? Also, I think the last panel is foreseeable to start an unnecessary drama.

Neko
joined Jan 11, 2017

things are gonna go bad (thats what i think is gonna happen just look at page 48)

joined Sep 21, 2013

Good... a familiar drama, noooo...

joined Jan 10, 2017

I never really understand that "oh are you feeling jealous?!" sort of Ah-hah! moments you see in a lot of manga. Of FREAKING COURSE she's feeling jealous. It's like someone has been weeping for 10 minutes and the other person's eye widen in sudden understanding--"Oh are you feeling sad?!"

It's just so dumb. Similar feeling when the other person acts like it's this positive self-validating thing.

joined Dec 17, 2013

Am I the only one pissed off of how easy Kaouru forgave Mikoto?

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Well, we still have Nettaigyo wa as the standard bearer for best dads. Though, he might be just a older brother.

The best dads, the ultimate dads. Unsurpassable dads.

GuiltyBoomerang
20180630_180023-412x427
joined Feb 25, 2014

Way to please fans with a Student x Teacher story - Pure Water Adolescence (and continuation now being worked on)

It's always the men who have to mess things up :x

joined Feb 23, 2016

This chapter was just right on point~ (⁎⁍̴̆Ɛ⁍̴̆⁎)

joined Jul 26, 2016

I like how even Shiori's ahoge keeps leering at Kaoru.

joined Dec 13, 2013

its a bit funny how they communicate... im not sure if its a japanese thing, but theyve been dating for a while and she didnt know where her gf lived lol. and they also only talk through phone mails when they cant go on a date (but i guess thats bc the manga is old? im sure people facetime more these days). and if its not scheduled then you gotta wait for a week or more. when i used to date, we would just pop up at each other’s houses to eat ice cream or talk eijddkmdod

joined Jan 10, 2017

its a bit funny how they communicate... im not sure if its a japanese thing, but theyve been dating for a while and she didnt know where her gf lived lol. and they also only talk through phone mails when they cant go on a date (but i guess thats bc the manga is old? im sure people facetime more these days). and if its not scheduled then you gotta wait for a week or more. when i used to date, we would just pop up at each other’s houses to eat ice cream or talk eijddkmdod

You see it in a lot it manga, I don't have any idea why. Couples that have been together for years without meeting the partner's parents (dad/mom, I'm getting married so I guess it's time to introduce you!). Best friends that have been going to school together for years never visiting the other's house. My guess is it's mostly lazy plotting.

Img_2661
joined Dec 23, 2015

Oh my god....he looks evillll

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Mikoto's evil parallel negaverse doppelganger.

Arisha%20and%20suwawa
joined Jun 11, 2018

wait, i feel like i've read this chapter before already...hmmmmmmmmmmm

Clipboard00
joined Oct 30, 2015

Look's like a onii-chan for me.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

They've only dated for around 9 months actually. "Second winter" refers to since they met.

Oh ok, but that's still a shocking amount of time to not even know what your girlfriend's address is... to not have visited her apartment even once!
They're supposed to be so fired up about each other, but are missing out on basic things like visiting? Just threw me off. It's pretty high on my list of 'things to do when I meet someone' eh? Actually visit their home!

Ajiichi probably wanted to draw winter clothing again and didn't bother with coming up with plot.

Although the excuses are probably something like Mikoto doesn't want Kaoru to encounter her dad accidentally or the housekeeper might not know she's gay either, or Kaoru wants this to be a pure relationship and inviting someone over would imply naughty things in her mind. Kaoru also has like nothing in her house, so naughty things is all they could really do.

...or just Ajiichi isn't very good at writing.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Even not being very good at writing is stretching it. It's just downright weird.

To reply you must either login or sign up.