Forum › Dear My Teacher discussion

I beg to differ on quite a few of those points, but nobody but the parties involved know the full extent of what happened.

Edit:
I will just say that quality was definitely part of the reason it was taken down since staff involved will probably not mention this. Remember that all of those chapters were released before something like this
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_want_to_seduce_you
which has quite a number of negative comments on the proofreading and QC of the translation. Which further spurred the group to take on more proofreaders. That's good for them and I'm glad they did it.

Putting aside behavior of parties involved, including my own abhorrent behavior, I believe things have certainly improved for the better. While I'm still struggling with many things that ultimately made me quit translating, I still wish to contribute to this community where I can despite conflicting emotions.

I'm truly sorry for the way things happened.

The dumb edit:
stupid, dumb, long post. I'm just waxing melancholic, ignore me. This is my blogjournal about how sad I am for being bad at iidx

The actual important edit:
Empty bubble on page 11 was fixed.

last edited at Apr 21, 2018 4:49AM by

joined Jan 8, 2014

Kyaaa such a cute chapter ^_^ . Kaoru has like a gap thing goin with her purity and such.. very adorable. But the first date was perfect in its imperfection lol....i do wanna see them foolin around and stuff tho so i hope author doesnt draw it out too much...like isechi takin the lead is just too good not to draw XD

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Arckuno posted:

stupid, dumb, long post. I'm just waxing melancholic, ignore me. This is my blogjournal about how sad I am for being bad at iidx

Once their work was removed I actually wrote to Mai asking what happened, so I did hear their version of events, though of course I had to take their word for it. And since during official explanation of events on forum, both sides avoided really explaining anything, I had to base my understanding on what I did hear and read. So thank you for writing it. And yes, the whole thing was pretty dumb in the end, so I'm glad to hear it helped things become better in the long run. I hope nothing like that will happen again, since dramas like that are really last thing we need in our already niche community.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Just fuck already.

Seconded. This will sound kind of stupid and petty, but I actually disliked Kaoru when she proposed to wait. I mean, waiting for the end of high school is one thing (I am speaking in general here, since the main couple was not even in a relationship during Mikoto's high school days), although personally I find even that to be a needless strain, but waiting until the end of college is just absurdly unnecessary, not to mention actually cruel. Mikoto obviously cares about the physical aspect of the relationship, and did not take it lightly. We are talking about 4 years here, lol. Not to mention there was no discussion on the subject, Kaoru more or less unilaterally decided on this. And the reason is beyond stupid. Her line of work? Seriously? That? Mikoto is an adult, she is not even a student in Kaoru's school, this is just plain retarded. Especially since the whole "how would it look" is pointless. How would it look to whom?? Note that they are not actually hiding their relationship, and their sex life would be a private thing in any case. So the only person to whom this might look "bad" is Kaoru herself. Talk about torturing your girlfriend because you have a puritanical view of your job, lmao.

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Give Kaoru some credits Uranus. She still sees Isechi as a kid - Isechi is still a kid compared to Kaoru. There is also the possibility that Kaoru is uncomfortable about the whole thing in addition to be overly serious about that aspect of a relationship. I don't think Kaoru is that much to blame.

And it's just something she said, words are kinda empty. It's for Isechi to make her change he mind wink wink.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

She still sees Isechi as a kid - Isechi is still a kid compared to Kaoru.

I think it might actually be the opposite, at least in terms of experience. Kaoru is the virgin of the two, and Mikoto had a sex friend, which Kaoru knows from before, if memory serves. So if there is nervousness on Kaoru's part regarding sex, I doubt it is caused by Mikoto's age.

last edited at Apr 21, 2018 3:47PM

joined Sep 17, 2017

That first panel on page 10; never before has a manga so perfectly captured my own feelings as I turn the page.

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Well, here is hoping the two get a little tipsy and it just happens. And we get to see it. crossing fingers

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

I think it might actually be the opposite, at least in terms of experience.

Well, in term of sexual experience, yeah. But in terms of life time, general experience and maturity (or from a purely biological point of view), she still is somewhat a kid; it suits the seriousness Ajiichi has painted her with; which is most of the time only mentioned, so it's nice to see it in action.

So if there is nervousness on Kaoru's part regarding sex, I doubt it is caused by Mikoto's age.

It can be part of it or she's using it as an excuse, either way it influenced her decision. That said, I'm pretty convinced that Kaoru is mostly nervous, even if she truly believes in what she's saying.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Klice posted:

Give Kaoru some credits Uranus. She still sees Isechi as a kid - Isechi is still a kid compared to Kaoru.

And that is the worse part of it. She doesn't treat her equally to herself. She still think she is too young for it. She wants her to grow a bit more and become more adult/mature. And imo that is terrible. Because she doesn't treat her as her partner, but still view her as a kid/student. Someone out of her reach. Someone that if people would hear they had sex, she is afraid they would look bad at it. She is taking all the authority in their relationship and decides what is good for them, without Mikoto's consent or impute. She is basically still acting like her teacher even once she graduated. it honestly turned me so off to her character I don't fell like reading this series anymore, unless it is fixed really fast. What Kaoru did was simply very selfish and unfair.

And if that is the case this is seriously messed up considering most high schooler, even middle schooler already had sexual experiences and Mikoto specifically had friend with benefit, which Kaoru knew about. So the only issues here are Kaoru's age and her hang ups about how she (and/or other people) would perceive their relationship and the fact she doesn't view Mikoto as a equal adult and partner in their relationship, even though she more than proved it waiting for their relationship to start properly until she graduates in the first place. Honestly, it is just plain dishonest of Kaoru to do it to Mikoto.

Arckuno posted:

though of course I had to take their word for it.

In all honesty everything isn't even close to being out even between the people involved (I'm definitely not going to get into what had happened in my personal life with anyone) and through various misunderstanding a lot of what's been told is skewed in one direction or another.

The situation in small bits: misunderstanding that I didn't care about this series anymore and that I hadn't worked on it in over a year, false information about my approval to upload the other group's version here (that I still don't know where from), misunderstanding about my wanting cooperation to improve these releases/help with future releases, my personal life at the time and the sourness of the situation really making me want my work removed and at the time was honestly the better choice for me that I didn't take, removal of the other group's work.

(I FAILED THE ENDING OF GIGADELIC AGAIN AND TOOK IT OUT ON ANOTHER SCANLATION GROUP IS THE REAL STORY)

I'm not sure what Mai told you about the situation. From what I know at the time they were in the dark about it, so I wouldn't know what she would say about me or staff here in that situation.

Since then apologies have been exchanged and it's mutual existence.

There's still people with ire towards me and those that think it's pointless for me to release these, which I somewhat agree with. But having all these 2+ year old scripts and scans that I put real time and effort into would be kind of sad to throw away at this point, so the bare minimum I can do is find people to edit them.

Anyway, time to make this post even longer by contributing to the conversation.

Ajiichi basically made Kaoru a super strict, almost prudish character as a joke. That's what the 4 year wait for sex basically is, a joke. It's also not brought up again after that and if it was would probably be a jokey situation about Mikoto being sexually frustrated.

I could argue for Kaoru that you can't pressure someone into sex. There's not really a middle ground between sex and no sex either. Mikoto loves her, so the only real choice she has is to respect Kaoru's wishes (as silly as they are). I doubt she'd want to break up and continue the cycle of being dumped over and over by straight women again. She also seems pretty happy with the relationship as it stands anyway.

We can just hope for a ravenous sex scene at the end of the series...which probably won't happen because Ajiichi has kept this pretty PG.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Arckuno posted:

I'm not sure what Mai told you about the situation. From what I know at the time they were in the dark about it, so I wouldn't know what she would say about me or staff here in that situation.

Pretty much all what you said. They weren't inform why their work was removed so all they could give me was guesses, but they specifically said, they want to refrain from openly blaming anyone and pointing fingers, since they just didn't know. All they really told me was that since you didn't work on DMT for a year, they assumed you dropped it and decided to go ahead with it themselves. Also they mentioned having some collaboration with you, but because it was taking too much time and their translator become busy, they decided to end it. I'm really not sure when it happened and w/e it was connected to DMT thing or not, because the way Mai wrote it was a bit confusing.

There's still people with ire towards me and those that think it's pointless for me to release these, which I somewhat agree with. But having all these 2+ year old scripts and scans that I put real time and effort into would be kind of sad to throw away at this point, so the bare minimum I can do is find people to edit them.

I think a lot people still appreciate you working on it (or at least releasing what you already worked on) myself included.

Ajiichi basically made Kaoru a super strict, almost prudish character as a joke. That's what the 4 year wait for sex basically is, a joke. It's also not brought up again after that and if it was would probably be a jokey situation about Mikoto being sexually frustrated.

I could argue for Kaoru that you can't pressure someone into sex. There's not really a middle ground between sex and no sex either. Mikoto loves her, so the only real choice she has is to respect Kaoru's wishes (as silly as they are). I doubt she'd want to break up and continue the cycle of being dumped over and over by straight women again. She also seems pretty happy with the relationship as it stands anyway.

Yea, I kinda felt like it was supposed to be funny, but I couldn't find it as such because I felt it was too much on expense of Mikoto. And yea, I understand you can't pressure anyone in sex, but I disliked the way Kaoru went about it, being the one making that decision without Mikoto having any saying in that matter. Honestly she should have said no in this case and they should discuss it like a real adults/couple. Mikoto already proved herself waiting until graduation, so it just didn't feel fair Kaoru would put next long limitation on her immediately after it. Before Kaoru had all the power, because if Mikoto wouldn't comply with it, she would simply not go out with her, but even as they are going out now, she still is the only one making all the rules. It feels like Mikoto was subconsciously trained that she has to agree with Kaoru's every whim or she will simply break with her making all the effort she put into getting here a waste. Sure I bet Mikoto loves Kaoru enough to handle 4 year celibate for her, but still she should be able to openly voice her disagreement and hear the real reason (if the "it would look bad for a teacher" is just a excuse for Kaoru's nervousness) why Kaoru is not ready for it yet. I guess I just didn't buy the presentation of it, because it was giving too much negative implication about healthiness of their relationship.

Well, thanks for putting up with me, I guess lol

Here's an idea: Ajiichi probably hasn't worked on DMT in 2.5 years because she wants us to feel like Mikoto.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Arckuno posted:

Here's an idea: Ajiichi probably hasn't worked on DMT in 2.5 years because she wants us to feel like Mikoto.

That would be pretty mean, but at the same time so meta x3

joined Mar 3, 2017

Lady Luck is a clam-jammer, I see.

joined Jun 26, 2018

Is this on hiatus?

Is this on hiatus?

Next volume comes out at summer comiket...although I think she said it might be downgraded to a preview recently.

joined Jun 26, 2018

Is this on hiatus?

Next volume comes out at summer comiket...although I think she said it might be downgraded to a preview recently.

link?

Who's ready for this to be continued after two and a half years? Only an 8 page preview though...

I'M SURE IT WILL HAVE BEEN WORTH THE WAIT.

GuiltyBoomerang
20180630_180023-412x427
joined Feb 25, 2014

8...pages...wait what?

"click click click click"

Well that was a sure fireway to relight the fireworks.

last edited at Aug 10, 2018 11:20AM

8...pages...wait what?

Well, coming out in 2 days at Comiket. I'm sure the translation will take 3 years though.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

If there's one thing I hate about romance tropes ... well, I hate a few dozen things about them, but if there's one thing that I hate extra bigly, it's those cheaply written, stupid misunderstandings. I don't want to exaggerate, but every author using them to advance their plot should be shot immediately.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

This was so unnecessary, they suffered enough drama already. We waited three years to get them together why don't they just be happy.

32104671_1715652908533240_2109611648586088448_n
joined Jul 30, 2015

Oh no not this big daddy story again ._.

Oh no not this big daddy story again ._.

It could be handled in a fresh way where he's totally supportive of her...but yeah, it will definitely be something like "no daughter of mine is gay."

I would definitely prefer a "you wanted to fuck your mother?...I totally get that. high fives" kind of situation.

To reply you must either login or sign up.