Forum › My Childhood Friend Changes Daily discussion

This was fairly depressing.But not in a fun way like Asatsuki Dou.

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Eh. No thank you. Don't bait me in with a cute premise and then kick me in the teeth with this kind of depressing crud.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

And that's what happens when you don't communicate. Oh well, I'm thinking they won't get over their feelings and it'll end up being a story of gay boys :)

Edit: oh nvm, i just noticed it's the same author of nanashi no asterism so their feelings will be in limbo forever and will end up with het pairings.

last edited at Jul 27, 2018 6:15PM

joined May 25, 2017

And that's what happens when you don't communicate. Oh well, I'm thinking they won't get over their feelings and it'll end up being a story of gay boys :)

Edit: oh nvm, i just noticed it's the same author of nanashi no asterism so their feelings will be in limbo forever and will end up with het pairings.

ah, ty for pointing out the author... we really do know how this turns out..

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

That was unexpectedly bitter.

joined Nov 7, 2017

Why is it always "a weird body" with these sub-par manga writers?

I was a little excited by the premise and then it turned out to be a load of gobshite.

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Kobayashi Kina is starting to become one of my favorite authors.

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Why is it always "a weird body" with these sub-par manga writers?

I was a little excited by the premise and then it turned out to be a load of gobshite.

Is this sort of magic gender bender thing where the character has a weird body that can flip their sex back and forth like a cliche in B rated manga that I'm just not aware of?

I can't say I've ever run into this particular trope before outside of Boku Girl, but I guess is this like a thing?

Anyway, this was a cute little story, albeit a sad one.

last edited at Jul 28, 2018 2:02AM

AllosaurusJei
joined Nov 7, 2017

It shows up more than is needed. Or the idea that just changing the sex of a person invariably turns them into either a boy or a girl. Or that this person has a specific disease that is changing them...

Some authors can handle it in an emotionally satisfying and consistent storyline... Others drop the ball like this and just use it to promote a sense of misconstrued drama.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I remember a visual novel ... series, even, I think ... that had a similar theme and I thought was decently entertaining. I particularly remember a scene where the protagonist's mother in some sort of plot twist dropped her skirt and went "well son, looks like I got the bigger cock!" Or something along those lines.

Anyway, I thought it was decent enough. No Happy End, alright, but shit happens. Once in a while that's also allowed in fiction ^^;

last edited at Jul 28, 2018 4:15AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This was really cool. but... whyyyyy, why didn't the talk and were honest with each other? :///
Anyway, it was really good as a story.

joined Sep 1, 2016

D'aw. I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed this little adventure in miscommunication. They can't all have happy endings. I seem to have a much higher tolerance for this sort of thing than a lot of folks, though; I unabashedly liked Nanashi no Asterism :v

(plus nothing rules out a future boy x masc(?) relationship for them anyway. not hard to imagine that sequel if you want it)

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Reminds me of Komi-san and the Osana Najimi character.

Icon3
joined Dec 17, 2017

Huh? Nanashi ended with het pairings?

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Yes, see this cute girl seducing a handsome man in the snow

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Fenny posted:

1 character did and 2 we don't know. It ended with no yuri parings for sure.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Yes, see this cute girl seducing a handsome man in the snow

Oh yeah the yaoi pair had a promising end, so I take it back. This can still end with a happy yaoi end.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

The way their classmates responded to them staying a guy... SMH (somewhat)

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Somehow I wish he picked to be a girl, even if it's het, if there was no yuri involved whatsoever I'd still root for it

Forest%20fairy%20-%20copy
joined Nov 30, 2017

I prefer yuri pairings, and I'm fine with the potential for a yaoi situation, but it seems like a homosexual pairing would weigh heavily on the lighter haired friend's mind. As such, I suspect that should the darker haired one confess his feelings for them regardless if they were a boy or girl, then light haired friend would be distraught. I'd rather they weren't since their friend seems really open minded, but i seems obvious it'd be a problem for the light haired one unfortunately.

With that said, the ability to change sex at will seems to be something that is unique to their family. As such, I'd like to think/hope that there is some kind of deity that granted this upon their family's ancestors as a gift of sorts so their family could decide what body felt most comfortable, and that such a deity could change the lighter haired friend one last time. That, or the family knows a way to make one last change for those who are indecisive, maybe with the idea that they can change only one more time before the age of 18 or something. Granted, I think it'd be better/make sense if there was a cost or compromise where they became a hermaphrodite due to their indecision, but there doesn't have to be I suppose.

last edited at Dec 25, 2018 1:15PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Fuck...

joined Feb 9, 2021

I am not sure about this one, it was dissapointing in pretty much every aspect, he can change gender but now has to stick with a gender so it kinda doesn't matter? the drama ends badly, and it feels like we haven't gotten the full story, just the first chapter, but there is no 2nd chapter that I know of so... this one feels off.

cuteyurisaga
joined Apr 28, 2021

I'm going to pretend they grew up a little more and eventually confessed and got married :)) Also the person who can change sexes is soo genderfluid.

joined Mar 19, 2022

Jesus Christ, I'd have killed myself if that were me.

To reply you must either login or sign up.