Forum › Posts by Svelandria

Forest%20fairy%20-%20copy
joined Nov 30, 2017

I'd really like to see this continue in a very wholesome way, where auntie just watches over her niece and helps her through problems and provides her with a safe place to be herself. Then, as the niece grows up she ends up developing a crush on her aunt that doesn't bear fruit till she's an adult herself, or at least until her later years of high school.

joined Nov 30, 2017

It really is hilarious to me that the first memory she recalls is her puking into a toilet. And this is triggered by seeing her crying. And she calls this "sexy"

Also, make out session right after puking... Can anyone verify whether or not the power of overwhelming love actually nullifies the smell and taste of someone else's vomit? It's a touching moment, but still unpleasant to think about. Not to mention they had sex right after. I highly doubt Mari actually had the energy for that, but I suppose if Arisa focused on giving her gentle and slow messages(inside and out ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) then that could have potentially helped with easing Mari's pain.

I guess sweating the alcohol and toxins out during sexy fun time could actually be a valid, albeit uncomfortable, strategy. Never had drunk sex before, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

last edited at Mar 17, 2019 12:49PM

joined Nov 30, 2017

I hate how much of a jerk Miki was being, but considering it was out of jealousy and she was at least somewhat aware and accepting of Makoto's circumstances then at least we get some explanation as to the why. Doesn't justify her actions, but it does mean that she was less an ignorant bigot and more just emotion-driven. I think it's very possible that she understood Yuuko was non-binary and was simply pretending not to accept what was being said to get under Yuuko's skin. Would be nice if we get another story where sometime in the future Miki can reconcile with Makoto and Yuuko after becoming a better person, but only if that story is executed well.

That teacher during the flashback takes the cake for the person I want beat the shit out of the most before kicking him off a bridge. "I have an illness called transgender" was fucking infuriating.

last edited at Mar 15, 2019 9:29AM

Svelandria
joined Nov 30, 2017

Nikaidou's eyes are glorious when she saves Tadokoro. Some badass features she's got there. They kinda remind me of Gurren Lagann for some reason, though. Anyone else?

Svelandria
joined Nov 30, 2017

Perhaps I'm dumb for not knowing, but source of the picture please? Thanks in advance. :)

last edited at Jan 8, 2019 1:14PM

Svelandria
Image Comments 17 Dec 18:13
joined Nov 30, 2017
[dowman%20sayman]%20mariali%201

"Would you cry for me?" She says as her head is falling off.

joined Nov 30, 2017

The pacing is really fast, maybe even too fast, but it's still a good read. Looking forward to more.

joined Nov 30, 2017

A bit on the nose, but good nonetheless.

last edited at Dec 17, 2018 5:55PM

Svelandria
Still Sick discussion 10 Dec 05:33
joined Nov 30, 2017

A manga character drawing a manga about their experiences...at this rate we're gonna get some inception level manga where this character's creation will create a manga based on their experiences, causing the following character of a character of a character to create their own manga, and so on. :D

last edited at Dec 25, 2018 1:08PM

joined Nov 30, 2017

I prefer yuri pairings, and I'm fine with the potential for a yaoi situation, but it seems like a homosexual pairing would weigh heavily on the lighter haired friend's mind. As such, I suspect that should the darker haired one confess his feelings for them regardless if they were a boy or girl, then light haired friend would be distraught. I'd rather they weren't since their friend seems really open minded, but i seems obvious it'd be a problem for the light haired one unfortunately.

With that said, the ability to change sex at will seems to be something that is unique to their family. As such, I'd like to think/hope that there is some kind of deity that granted this upon their family's ancestors as a gift of sorts so their family could decide what body felt most comfortable, and that such a deity could change the lighter haired friend one last time. That, or the family knows a way to make one last change for those who are indecisive, maybe with the idea that they can change only one more time before the age of 18 or something. Granted, I think it'd be better/make sense if there was a cost or compromise where they became a hermaphrodite due to their indecision, but there doesn't have to be I suppose.

last edited at Dec 25, 2018 1:15PM

Svelandria
joined Nov 30, 2017

I completely forgot that myth. That's far worse than my scenario.

Svelandria
joined Nov 30, 2017

I was under the impression that the nature of the curse has been repeating for hundreds of years, and that the light haired girl wasn't even one of the original two. Seems like every girl that listens to the girl's story becomes cursed to feel deep love for the one who they awoke, like the story itself is a spell, and the one that wakes up is compelled to tell the story, either because of the nature of the curse or because of the love they had felt for the previous person leading to heartbreak or something. The girl asking "Hey, have you been in there all these hundreds of years?" at the end is under the impression that the other girl is one of the original two, but she's not as it's only been a hundred for her. Then the curse repeats, compelling the woken to share the story and cursing the listener with the love the two shared. Therefore, through each girl, those two girls become eternal through the story that is passed down, much like legends of old.

I mean, the witch did as asked and made their feelings eternal, but in the same way that myths and legends are eternal when they are passed down from one person to the next. Well, that and the love people feel due to the curse. Should have been more specific in their request like, I don't know, "Make us immortal" instead of eternal? Not that hard, although the witch probably would have found a way to fuck with them even then, like turning them into impervious statues while they lovingly embrace one another. :I

Edit: With all that said, I could be wrong. Maybe the light-haired girl is one of the original two, and it's only been a hundred years since she and her love made the request. Seems a bit unlikely due to the way the story seems to have been warped from it's original, but a lot can change in a hundred years, especially stories.

last edited at Nov 1, 2018 2:57PM

joined Nov 30, 2017

If I was a snow maiden, I’d melt after reading this. Anyway, I’m curious, where would they have sex? If outside in the snow, Haru would get hypothermia and/or turn into a popsicle. And inside, would Yuki melt? Would having the air conditioner on prevent Yuki’s melting? Perhaps they can compromise and have sex outside in a tent with a portable heater

I'm under the assumption that it's her shrine that needs to stay cold, but it could be her body as well. I'm sure that warmer environments are likely potentially harmful to her, but more in the sense that she is more likely to suffer from heatstroke in 80+ degree(Fahrenheit) temperatures. I'd like to think that 60-70 degrees would be a nice compromise, maybe 65.

It was stated that the fever reducing part was borrowed from Do**emon, so the author is already taking some liberties. If the author makes it so Yuki can survive in warmer temperatures for whatever reason, which I hope is the case, then more power to them.

last edited at Nov 1, 2018 2:03PM

Svelandria
Still Sick discussion 01 Nov 13:19
joined Nov 30, 2017

I thought Maekawa was really air-headed and open-minded, but that last page put the entire chapter into a whole different light. I bet 10(figurative) bucks that she is completely aware and pretending to seem "air-headed" on purpose, and that she simply wants to affectionately tease Shimizu and get closer to her. Maekawa seems like a really confident, unfaltering type of person who doesn't get flustered. At least not visibly.

Edit: If Maekawa actually is that air-headed, or rather carefree, then so be it. However, I still feel like she lied about going to the wrong hall. If a ticket is required, then it's likely one won't be getting in at all with the wrong ticket. I'm not sure what it's like in Japan, but the first time I went to a convention there were people at all the entrances and exits to make sure no one snuck in. Maekawa definitely knows more and is more aware than she lets on.

last edited at Nov 1, 2018 1:30PM

Svelandria
joined Nov 30, 2017

I'll be honest - I don't read much romantic tension from this. More like siblings*/friends**, as those random characters implied.

*not the Mocchi type of siblings
**not the Nettaigyo type of friends

I would have agreed with you, until this chapter, but this one seemed full of romantic tension.

It just doesn't quite convince me.
Sleeps together -> nothing
Sits on the train together -> nothing
Walk around shopping -> nothing
Get separated, Mao being a teeny bit possessive (of a pet) -> oh, a tiny bit of romance!

Errrm. Feels weak.

I see the romance being a very gradual/slow process. Demon King is unlikely to ever become flustered or hesitant about affection, likely showing great confidence in most(if not all) situations, so when Nio starts to develop deeper feelings little will likely change in the way Demon King acts. Sure, she calls Nio their pet, but one could argue that's just her unique way of affection. Assuming she was actually looking for a lover, it could also be that Demon King has long since considered the likely limited lifespan of their future "lover" compared to their own lifespan, so calling them pet could be a potential coping mechanism.

Of course, I could be reading too much into this like I often do. For all I know it's actually as simple as Demon King wanting a specific human for a pet and chose Nio, with the idea that if things happen to get romantic then so be it.

last edited at Nov 1, 2018 12:58PM

Svelandria
Image Comments 01 Nov 11:17
joined Nov 30, 2017
17062642_p0

That moment when you're immortal and someone steals your head. Must be one helluva headache she's having, considering she can still feel pain. At least they both look happy, I suppose. :S

last edited at Nov 1, 2018 12:00PM

Svelandria
joined Nov 30, 2017

I'm inclined to agree with Alice. It seems more likely that, after the apocalypse hit, Emi was bit and turned into a zombie. Finding Emi in that state(or watching Emi get eaten from a distance) likely threw Shouko's head into a tizzy, sending her off the deep end either instantly or gradually. I wanna say Emi was tied up before she turned, but there's too much blood for her to have simply been bit and then tied up before turning. More likely Emi had her abdomen torn out given all the blood in that area, and then wandered a bit eating people before Shouko managed to isolate her and carefully restrain her. Although, the blood dripping from Emi's mouth could technically be hers if she coughed it, so maybe Shouko managed to kill whatever zombies were eating her, dragged her away, and then tied her unconscious or dead body before she woke back up.

last edited at Nov 1, 2018 11:08AM

Svelandria
joined Nov 30, 2017

Now I need one with pineapple and pizza!

Now I feel guilty for always picking the pineapple off my pizza. Goddammit...

joined Nov 30, 2017

I feel like it'd be better if Bowsette had deep-red hair instead, despite the nature of the crown. Makes more sense to me. Maybe even add a few patches of green scales here and there, like how some depictions of Lamia do. This is still cute regardless.

joined Nov 30, 2017

Something about that kiss scene was really good. I think it was the "I don't know what I'm doing but I want to kiss you" and the gentle "Can we do that again?" that got me. Something about it just seemed really well done. Could also just be my sleep deprived brain talking. :3

joined Nov 30, 2017

shrimpmayo posted:

Art is really cute, but why do harem stuff always have the lead being absolutely inept? I never understood that. Are people normally attracted to something so... meh?

Actually a bit of a weird trope in this context but from what I've seen it's a very common trope in manga and anime so their average viewer (who is frequently quite inept themselves) can self insert more easily.

As an inept viewer myself I want to take offense to this, but I'm laughing too hard to complain. xD

last edited at Aug 11, 2018 1:27PM

Svelandria
joined Nov 30, 2017

I see Tsubasa still takes any excuse she can find to bury her face in her girlfriend's clevage.
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/you_were_a_girl#4

Can you blame her? If I had a girlfriend with a large bust, I'd want to sink my face into it lovingly as well. She looks absolutely adorable peeking up from her little hiding place. :3

Svelandria
Opapagoto discussion 31 Jul 10:34
joined Nov 30, 2017

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/opapagoto_ch01#47

I can't get over that panel cut-off face. LOL

Holy crap I nearly peed myself hahahaha

But anyways. I can see a lot of room for social commentary, an interesting premise, and the wife is hot. Let's see how this plays out.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that laughed my ass off at that page. I was not expecting that hilarious frame combination. Goes to show just how important it is to keep certain images in manga separated.

Svelandria
joined Nov 30, 2017

It's like the author knew readers would get attached to the eyebrows. This author is devious! :P

Edit: I like that there was at least one person in her clique that wasn't happy the other two were badmouthing Kurokawa. As others have mentioned, maybe Izumi will become a prominent character later on. The other two, on the other hand, can go fuck themselves. Or each other. Either works, so long as it's away from our two Useless Lesbian Princesses and their short-haired (hopefully lesbian) Knight. Can we get a partner for Knight Izumi while we're on the subject? :3

Edit 2: I only just realized that they are literally named Black("Kuro"-kawa) and White(Fuji-"shiro"). Might not be that important a factoid, but I feel like I should have noticed their names sooner regardless.

last edited at Jul 31, 2018 10:08AM

joined Nov 30, 2017

When's the wedding?

Asking the important questions.