Forum › Candy Trap discussion

joined Mar 25, 2013

This won't end well. For whom, I don't know yet, but it won't xD

joined Mar 15, 2015

Their cutesy attitude (with those tons of hearts when they talk and all that) is kinda fake and hypocritical, it annoys me.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

you can tell juri genuinely loves noa. really nice read!

joined Feb 1, 2018

I laughed at the credits page.

Crying%20trash
joined Feb 8, 2018

Look at all those hearts.

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

you can tell juri genuinely loves noa. really nice read!
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not after reading the story lmao. I am not sure about the genuine part, the undertone is heavy af (but yuri wins so yay?). Either Juri is just an innocent victim of harsh rumours or she is the queen of seduction xD

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

BlueBerry posted:

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not after reading the story lmao. I am not sure about the genuine part, the undertone is heavy af (but yuri wins so yay?). Either Juri is just an innocent victim of harsh rumours or she is the queen of seduction xD

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/maple_love#2

Might be a situation like that. I think the bit at the end where the guys are talking to Juri actually backs up that it's similar to that. It's still a bit open to interpretation though admittedly.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

This is kind of an uncomfortable read. Juri does not come off as someone prone to stable relationships. And I'm not sure Noa genuinely likes girls. It acts like this is a happy ending, but I feels like they'll break up in a couple of months

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

This is kind of an uncomfortable read. Juri does not come off as someone prone to stable relationships. And I'm not sure Noa genuinely likes girls. It acts like this is a happy ending, but I feels like they'll break up in a couple of months

I got the feeling that Noa is truly in love with Juri. There's plenty of stuff suggesting that (like accepting the trial period, blushing at the picture of Juri and the plush doll, saying f*** it to her convictions and just kissing Juri at the end). At least for me Noa seems to really like girls (or at least Juri, for that matter), she just had interiorized prejudice about it (like most of us did at some point before coming out).

I agree with you that Juri doesn't seem very stable in her relationships. This looks like a situation where Noa would constantly worry whether Juri was still in love with her. I do get the feeling that they wouldn't last, you know, that Juri's feelings are bound to change sometime.

It still is quite a lovely story.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

This one was pretty cute. But that Juri girl was a bit creepy to me. And the way they were always talking with hearts, I felt like they were stabbing each others backs, whilde doing that, lol. But I guess that might be a trauma of mine^^

joined Feb 23, 2016

Damn long time no see chisako ~ this was sickly sweet but typical Chisako i guess ~ loved it

Delinquint%20yuri
joined Sep 14, 2016

Yandere ?

joined Mar 6, 2018

Man that last page, it just seems like the author screwed up with the pages and his editor didn't really care and both of them agreed to just put whatever on the bottom half of the page

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

I think the author tried to make it clear that the "trial was over," meaning that the decision had been made. Not so sure it was conveyed successfully (or it was lost in translation, but I'm doubtful). Overall, not displeased with the concept, but I feel like it missed the mark a little.

Juri worries me, though. It's like she doesn't hold a single opinion of her own. With her, it's always about what others like. "I'll buy whatever you buy. I'll eat whatever you eat. I'll watch whatever you watch." I can think of some overbearing men who'd love to date someone so compliant. I couldn't stand being in a relationship like that.

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

♥♥
♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥♥
IT'S TIME TO STOP

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

It felt like the yuri was a red haron, and the big twist was, that it was not. I think it would have been better if the yuri angle came out as a twist in the end.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Decent at best

joined Oct 17, 2016

A total of 111 hearts in 19 pages. Colour me impressed.

last edited at Jul 21, 2018 3:41PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It was a light comedy. Kinda like a candy: sweet and melts quickly

joined Oct 15, 2014

Totally thought its gonna be angsty but it's actually cute

Senpai
joined Dec 12, 2017

IT'S TIME TO STOP

Did you mean: IT'S TIME TO STOP ♥

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

It felt like the yuri was a red haron

Do you mean a crimson ibis?

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

Sweet.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Noa is experiencing first-hand how Juri gets boys. Awe-training, flattery, hyper-romanticism. And remember, Juri didn't have strong feelings for those boys, that wasn't her motivation for boyfriend-stealing. If she's genuinely bisexual, still. her formulaic approach isn't going to let anything real develop. What saves this relationship, possibly, is that she's making her real feelings vulnerable to Noa.

Noa is definitely rebounding a bit - though I think she realizes how shallow the good-looking Yamada-kun is. No indication she'll stick with a girlfriend situation, or won't. And there's no way Juri didn't choose to talk to him where Noa could overhear.

I think Juri has an element of Wakatsuki in the very underrated Secret Recipe by Morinaga Milk. By the way, Juri's methods work on girls, too, so when they realize Juri needs to set boundaries and be herself more, there'll probably be a crisis for them.

last edited at Jul 21, 2018 4:59PM

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

I think they both like each other for real, but the relationship wouldn't last because of a misunderstanding in the long run. But that doesn't matter because if the author does not make a sequel they will only exist in this chapter, so happy ending.

Well, we all know "happy forever afters" only exist in fairytales, but it's still unsettling when you see a relationship start knowing it's bound to fail.

It's like the relationship between Lynn Gunn and Alexa San Roman, which Lynn wrote in song Heaven as being "cursed from the start" (sorry I'm a fan of lesbian punk musicians)

To reply you must either login or sign up.