Forum › Between Philia and Eros discussion

joined May 20, 2013

Which magazine/issues was this published in? By now there may be a tank out too, I guess. Are there raws or information about the story after chapter 3?

joined Mar 15, 2017

Which magazine/issues was this published in? By now there may be a tank out too, I guess. Are there raws or information about the story after chapter 3?

It's from Galette and has been in every issue, with 6 coming out soon.

last edited at May 1, 2018 11:05AM

joined May 20, 2013

It's from Galette and has been in every issue, with 6 coming out soon.

Thank you. (After reading the answer I realized the magazine is there for each chapter just not for the whole title. -.-)

last edited at May 1, 2018 12:54PM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

"Ongoing"
Yup, I'm still waiting and still kind of optimistic

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Galette 6 is already out, you can buy it for Kindle (nice if you can read Japanese). There seems to be some Japanese stuff that's available on Kindle now overseas. I have the recent issues of Galette and one other thing I read originally here. You don't have to have a Japanese address or use Amazon.jp either, it's in the US Kindle store.

OmegaBlue0231
joined Jan 11, 2018

I really hope it doesn't turn into one of those situations where the best friend who is 100% right is treated as being wrong because love and the main character being a moron. Just once I'd like to see a story where the main character realizes the best friend side character is right and leaves their love interest to be actually happy.

last edited at Jul 14, 2018 8:39PM

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

inb4 surprise twist Nika-chan falls in love with Kyou-chan

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Gotta be a family member (step-brother, half-brother, cousin or such).

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I really hope it doesn't turn into one of those situations where the best friend who is 100% right is treated as being wrong because love and the main character being a moron. Just once I'd like to see a story where the main character realizes the best friend side character is right and leaves their love interest to be actually happy.

I don't know if you can even be "right" or "wrong" in a situation like this. Clearly Kyou is worried about Kurumi, and genuinely wants her to be happy. But that doesn't give her the right to have Kurumi return her feelings. Being in Kyou's position is probably incredibly unpleasant, but the only one who can decide who Kurumi loves is Kurumi herself, and she seems pretty set on Nikaidou.

Even if Nikaidou is a cheating, lying skank, Kyou can't decide for Kurumi to leave her.

Img_20180401_104003
joined Nov 26, 2017

Ehh just forget about Nikaidou ><

joined Jan 10, 2017

Nikaidou has been trying on guys to get over her childhood friend/cousin or whatever crush. Now she's trying on a girl. It will only turn out well if the mangaka goes for a big twist in that regard. I kinda hope the mangaka will be unpredictable and that this isn't headed for the foreshadowed train-wreck.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Yup a rebound, Kurumi is a rebound.
I feel really bad for her right now.

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Nothing like your love interest falling for a snake while you watch! Didn't expect Nikaidou to be outed so early though.

Edit: I'll hold my judgement since it's a cliffhanger but keep my post up. I jumped to conclusions, but I've been conditioned by so many other authors, to be fair.

last edited at Jul 15, 2018 12:06AM

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

was it really That Necessary to add a childhood friend with unrequited love? sigh

joined Aug 28, 2016

I thought the same thing. The story lays on the idea that she's cheating so heavily that it'd just be too obvious for it to be true.

joined Oct 4, 2015

I thought the same thing. The story lays on the idea that she's cheating so heavily that it'd just be too obvious for it to be true.

The guy with the bicycle appears to be the same one both in the two months in the past bit as in the present. Probably that neighbour she talked about.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Just started and catched up. Is she cheating or not? :O

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

Just started and catched up. Is she cheating or not? :O

I couldn't care less

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

its pretty interesting seeing everyone jump on nikaidou for being a cheating lying skank while ignoring the dead-fish eyes she had when she had to return home.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I foresee a Drama tag coming.

For now, it's going pretty much by the book of shoujo tropes.

Tsuki-chan Uploader
Unknown
Chads no Teikoku
joined Dec 18, 2013

You know, there are so many possible explanations to Nikaido's behaviour, but actually the fact that she accepted her feelings so lightly make it seems as she's using her, or at least that she is not that serious about it.

Heimyfr
joined Aug 18, 2015

Betting on the neighbourhood boy being gay.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

its pretty interesting seeing everyone jump on nikaidou for being a cheating lying skank while ignoring the dead-fish eyes she had when she had to return home.

Can't speak for everyone else, but I'm not saying she is a cheating lying skank, I'm just using that as a hypothetical; even if Nikaidou were as awful as Kyou thinks she is, this still wouldn't give Kyou the moral authority to decide Kurumi's relationships for her.

Clearly Nikaidou's got some shit going on in her life.

However, that brings up another issue (though it probably doesn't have much to do with this manga): everyone has their circumstances and their struggles. The worst, most awful person you know certainly feels pain sometimes. Maybe something really bad happened to them. But that doesn't change the fact that they're awful to you. There's this mindset in a lot of manga (and really, in all kinds of romance stories) that as long as someone's behavior is rooted in personal suffering, it's somehow excusable. They should be pitied, or treated with empathy, and given leeway, or, on the extreme end, they should be "cured" with the power of love. You owe it to them to stay by their side.

But in the real world, that's the attitude that leads to people getting stuck in really unpleasant or even abusive relationships. In real life, you should know when to cut and run. I still really enjoy lots of manga with these kinds of relationships, like the works of Momono Moto. But if I knew someone in the situation of some of those characters, I would suggest that they get the fuck out while they can.

last edited at Jul 15, 2018 7:53AM

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

[...]

However, that brings up another issue (though it probably doesn't have much to do with this manga): everyone has their circumstances and their struggles. The worst, most awful person you know certainly feels pain sometimes. Maybe something really bad happened to them. But that doesn't change the fact that they're awful to you. There's this mindset in a lot of manga (and really, in all kinds of romance stories) that as long as someone's behavior is rooted in personal suffering, it's somehow excusable. They should be pitied, or treated with empathy, and given leeway, or, on the extreme end, they should be "cured" with the power of love. You owe it to them to stay by their side.

But in the real world, that's the attitude that leads to people getting stuck in really unpleasant or even abusive relationships. In real life, you should know when to cut and run. I still really enjoy lots of manga with these kinds of relationships, like the works of Momono Moto, or Kodama Naoko. But if I knew someone in the situation of some of those characters, I would suggest that they get the fuck out while they can.

Well said. Everybody hurts and it no excuse to treat people like shit.

Personally, I really love the premise of manga like this. The only thing that bothers me is that usually the cheating (or whatever) character is getting away with it, because they are so intoxicating (or whatever shit). And the main character is doesn't have any self-respect. Still at the beginning I'm always hoping that this one will be different. So, let's start the ride. I'll take anything except the trope "I cheated on you, but it's okay, because I'm sexy".

Skulltroop_far_wht
joined Jun 3, 2018

Its a bit early to say anything conclusive since most we've heard of about Nikaidou so far has been rumors and I'm betting on some kind of a misunderstanding of the situation between her and the guy with the bike.

last edited at Jul 15, 2018 7:57AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.