Forum › Touma-kun discussion

joined Apr 30, 2014

Kids, don't copy what Touma-kun did in ch5 page 10, that's pretty dangerous.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

I'd kinda like to see an edit of this manga that removes Touma entirely, in a Garfield-without-Garfield sorta way. So that everyone's always talking about this mysterious Touma-kun, and when they talk to her, it's as if she's just offscreen, and they're being helplessly seduced by her dialogue that's deliberately left blank. I wonder if that would actually be an improvement? Just completely elevate Touma to the level of myth, so that we don't get distracted by how uninteresting and unseductive the actual Touma is. She's already such a blank character that it probably wouldn't make a difference if we saw her or not. So why not just leave it up to the imagination?

That actually sounds genuinely entertaining.

__kasodani_kyouko_touhou_drawn_by_uguisu_mochi_ykss35__6c703c362e7ad06d13079154bccd4fae
joined Jul 11, 2017

Is it just m, or is Touma-kun's face smaller this chapter? All the faces seemed a little less Shuninta-like

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Damn I hate Kuzushiro Touma

Get in line sister. I aint gonna complain much but damn Touma is such a boring character.

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Why is there still no comedy tag after this scene (https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/touma_kun_ch05#10) lmao this manga makes no sense anymore, but I guess if I filter out Touma-kun it could be marginally entertaining

A
joined May 24, 2013

That blonde girl has some serious fangs. We almost need a Vampire tag for this chapter.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Each chapter i think maybe this one will be good but no i just can't like this. Does she spread some pheromones or something i can't understand. At least some girls go gay after meeting her.

joined Oct 23, 2016

I'd kinda like to see an edit of this manga that removes Touma entirely, in a Garfield-without-Garfield sorta way. So that everyone's always talking about this mysterious Touma-kun, and when they talk to her, it's as if she's just offscreen, and they're being helplessly seduced by her dialogue that's deliberately left blank. I wonder if that would actually be an improvement? Just completely elevate Touma to the level of myth, so that we don't get distracted by how uninteresting and unseductive the actual Touma is. She's already such a blank character that it probably wouldn't make a difference if we saw her or not. So why not just leave it up to the imagination?

This actually sounds like an amazing idea. I cant stand looking at her, she looks so uninterested for some reason. Her looks dont match her words and how people talk so highly of her.

joined Oct 23, 2016

Get in line sister. I aint gonna complain much but damn Touma is such a boring character.

That girl got angry cuz Kizushiro kissed the girl she likes first. Man, now I kinda want a chapter thats a continuation to those two girls. Obvious she likes "fang" girl. I wonder if she'll ever get to confess to her.

joined Dec 21, 2016

I forgot to save (and upload) the "correct" version of page 18, you can find it here: https://imgur.com/a/6MBpEHA

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Yeah, but she’s not the main character. She’s more like an object for a chapter’s heroine to focus on. I like her, though. People just get a little too sensitive over absolutely nothing.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Take a shot every time you see the word cute.

The nurse ch was kinda sad.

1185287_545264538860379_946420239_n
joined Aug 30, 2013

Yeah, but she’s not the main character. She’s more like an object for a chapter’s heroine to focus on. I like her, though. People just get a little too sensitive over absolutely nothing.

that's kinda the problem there is nothing to the character of Touma. Literally every character trait she has amounts to nothing which is what annoys people. So while yes she is meant to be a focal point for every ones affections in a one sided way there is no reason why anyone would be attracted to here other than "o my god Touma smiled at me and called me cut I'm in love" and as it never progresses beyond that point and her character has not been developed past that we never understand why the girls fall for her.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Asking how other characters fall for Touma is like asking how Superman flies.

Waiting for an explanation or development on that specific point will only end in disappointment and completely misses what the story is actually about.

last edited at Jun 27, 2018 9:19PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Asking how other characters fall for Touma is like asking how Superman flies.

Waiting for an explanation or development on that specific point will only to end in disappointment and completely misses what the story is actually about.

Thank you. I've been amazed at the number of people who think the fact that they themselves would never fall for Touma is relevant to the story.

It's like asking why flowers and stars appear around certain characters who (in the opinion of readers) do not deserve to have flowers and stars appear around them.

last edited at Jun 27, 2018 5:21PM

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Thank you. I've been amazed at the number of people who think the fact that they themselves would never fall for Touma is relevant to the story.

It's like asking why flowers and stars appear around certain characters who (in the opinion of readers) do not deserve to have flowers and stars appear around them.

Then I guess you will be surprised for a very, VERY long time. People probably understand that Touma-kun's charisma is an assumption that needs to be true in order for the manga to proceed, but I'm pretty sure when they say she is in fact not at all charismatic, they are saying it out of the context of the manga? It is like watching a comedy and the comedians on stage made a joke, and the audience in the show all laughed very hard. You don't laugh because you don't think it is funny. Same case here. People find her plain and boring, which I won't say true or false anymore, but it is definitely relevant, simply because it is their opinion on the character in the story.
If Touma-kun's charisma doesn't make sense then it doesn't make sense. Even Superman flying doesn't make sense (defying physics law and all), but people accept it over time. Still, it is not like him flying makes any more sense than it did in the past right? People just learn to not question it, so until then, leave the curious kids alone dude.

last edited at Jul 2, 2018 8:31AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^I got the point long ago, thanks. There is a significant difference, however, between saying, “To me, Touma is a bland and boring character, and I am not interested in her,” and “Touma is a bland and boring character to me, and therefore should not be attractive to the characters in the story.”

I have read many stories with characters who were hypnotists, yet none of those characters hypnotized me.

Dude.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

Then I guess you will be surprised for a very, VERY long time. People probably understand that Touma-kun's charisma is an assumption that needs to be true in order for the manga to proceed, but I'm pretty sure when they say she is in fact not at all charismatic, they are saying it out of the context of the manga? It is like watching a comedy and the comedians on stage made a joke, and the audience in the show all laughed very hard. You don't laugh because you don't think it is funny. Same case here. People find her plain and boring, which I won't say true or false anymore, but it is definitely relevant, simply because it is their opinion on the character in the story.
If Touma-kun's charisma doesn't make sense then it doesn't make sense. Even Superman flying doesn't make sense (defying physics law and all), but people accept it over time. Still, it is not like him flying makes any more sense than it did in the past right? People just learn to not question it, so until then, leave the curious kids alone dude.

I got the point long ago, thanks. There is a significant difference, however, between saying, “To me, Touma is a bland and boring character, and I am not interested in her,” and “Touma is a bland and boring character to me, and therefore should not be attractive to the characters in the story.”

I have read many stories with characters who were hypnotists, yet none of those characters hypnotized me.

Dude.

Yeah, it's funny how people KEEP coming back to this series, which they apparently dislike ONLY to state how they hate it. I never got that sort of thing, even on YouTube, unless it's something reasonable like hate speech (IDK). Find a story you do like and read that every update. I want to have discussions about what happens in the chapters, and not see people complaining about the same thing every time I come here. Just except that she is a walking chick magnet and a God-like being to a great number of people in this fictional world. That's their reality, apparently. Let's just move on from this pointless topic.

last edited at Jul 2, 2018 6:28PM

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Fair enough friends. Well... there are people who complain about Touma-kun, then there are people who complain about people complaining about Touma-kun. So it's fun to watch, really :3

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Doctor_Hoot posted:

I think a lot of people misunderstand the point of this series, so I'll say this (though it may have been already said before). Touma-kun is merely a plot device and the element stringing together the short stories. The series aims to explore the guest characters featured in each chapter, not the title character.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Ugh I'm a sucker for lesbians with an undercut. Tsubaki IS cute!

last edited at Jul 26, 2018 5:09AM

joined Jul 21, 2016

I NEED MOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Why are people hating on Touma? She's just a nice girl who likes to sleep with every single woman she meets. And she gives them free haircuts, too. What's so bad about that?

It's win-win if you ask me. She gives great sex and nice haircuts to anyone who asks, for free!!! Girl is such an altruist. She's like the bodhisattva of tantric enlightenment!

Wow, Touma-kun is like training wheels, for love and sex, for these girls.

Yes. There should be one of Touma-kun in every school! v^_^v

That blonde girl has some serious fangs. We almost need a Vampire tag for this chapter.

I couldn't help but read chapter 5 as: "Touma-kun against the avatar of everyone in the Dynasty forum who hates her!"

(Btw, Touma-kun wins. No surprise, lol.)

last edited at Sep 13, 2018 10:12PM

Money_marie%202
joined Jan 18, 2017

Ouch.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Ow. This hurts me. Ow.

To reply you must either login or sign up.