Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

As for him being shirtless .. I think he sleeps that way.
Especially that this chapter took place during summer. He was abroad and spent the night at the Villa that Cha hee used to stay at.
Why did he call her name .. or did he call her name or did he simply hear it in the dream.. we don't know.

Another thing is: the father isn't an idiot! He would have found out if Cha hee and Saehyun had something between them and he wouldn't feel THAT guilty about Cha hee's death.
I believe that Ahn Cha hee provided love and protection to the young Saehyun who was bullied in his childhood, and her death made him feel not only useless but protective of Seju who looks exactly like her mother.. a girl who he named himself.

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

hmm I could have been wrong, in chap 19 in the family meeting, one bro asked about a dna testing and another one answered already did so...Urgh i want more details of Seju's parents, I bet Chahee is a good mom but...hmm plot twist, shes still alive hahaha

joined Feb 4, 2017

Honestly; the idea of her being alive somewhere and that even Sumin parents are in fact alive there .. or murdered by the same ppl was mentioned before and there is some nice progression to this idea. However, the story isn't as huge as you might think. I think the story was suddenly abandoned by team Gaji at some point around the end.

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

hmm, seems like some of my assumptions were right. Finally found this after almost a year lmao.
https://blog.naver.com/bepf1018/220821268014
https://blog.naver.com/bepf1018/221119964917

So this basically is the 3D design of the hotel/suite in the last chapter, based on the the info on the blog for the black+white version of the hotel, these were requested background designs publicly posted on 26.9.2016, just few days after the third arc started. So TG had plans for the departure of Seju before that and all the designs + new characters had at least appeared in their mind since chap 55. This can explain why after the 2nd arc ended, Seju decided to grip tight on her last chance with Sumin to eventually lose all hopes and let it go without regret, the quarrels with her brothers to set herself free from the constant family struggle, and also the frequent illness/health issues to know she's freaking weak enough to have someone look after her someday.

About the interior, so Seju moved into the place and the manager stood very close to the main door, maybe she has just walked in and suddenly saw Seju there. It looks really like that Seju and the new character are sharing rooms. Proof:

• Seju's belongings
  • The manager's liferope in the kitchen, maybe she've just eaten and put it there, quite possible for the characteristics of eating a lot and former swimmer like her
  • The toilet room behind the kitchen, two separate bathroom faucets
  • the bedroom is situated behind the TV, and another spacious room next to that bedroom. I believe it is another bedroom or maybe i was wrong, possibly reading room lmao

However I still can't bring myself to know the exact reasons why Seju has to share the room. There was a pool in that hotel also, so did my guess turn right? She built the villa into the hotel, I think at least 4 months must have passed, long enough to finish a building. But the boss and manager live together in a room called 406??? lmao that's so poor. So move to another option.

Seju said she there's a place she wanted to visit for a while, that must be the villa, so she has visited it and went to live in this hotel, but what the hell is that? Why u have to live in a hotel while u have a whole good villa XDD There are always black holes in any options I have. Would have been great if there's someone good at reading plot and theories than me lol

Another thing, the photocard of Seju in bikini that Team Gaji tweeted asking us "What is happening" last year. she's so sexxxyyy so two versions hahhaaha:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZhMB2WwgfqHX92vgH2JlAQYlTUdBribM/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rmL2KxZZBlxDoNKe7CDZ16gHQ9UgFx1D/view

Look at the small details, I have these suspicion for a certain time and somehow crushed them off, but after seeing the hotel planned even more than 1 year before the story ended, I came to think about this again that this maybe one of the scene we see in Seju's spinoff. Long haired Seju's wearing a sexy bikini xdd, a freaking new ring, and of course she was all wet. What's the point? We haven't seen her swimming before and now the pool, the swimmer and this? Look at her, sexy enough to be eaten up all night long XDDD

Okay, I'm done with my theories! I really hope to see Seju somewhere soon XDD

last edited at Jun 14, 2018 9:20AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Okay let's think together of this possibility:
What if Seju does own the hotel before .. it is not the villa, it's rather something else. Why isn't the villa?

Saehyun was abroad and was sleeping in that room at the Villa when he dreamt if Cha hee. When he came back, he gave the father a folder of finished up business regarding the will.. and later on the father told Sumin that she should move to the U.S with Seju and live somewhere he planned already. So the villa isn't in Jeju island. (I assume you recall these things so I skipped on the chapters)
- Back to the hotel, I guess Seju owned it or had it long time ago, maybe even when she used to travel with Sumin like in the dream in ch86. (In ch10 Sumin says that she was never that far away from her mother before.. but you know that Sumin and Seju went to an island where Sumin gave Seju a ring before her parents passed .. So the island isn't in the states .. it could be very much Jeju island)
- back to the Hotel: Sharing a room and is it just a room or an office + room. I can't tell for sure .. but does the manager work as subordinate for Seju in this premises and by default lives and works there too?!. ( if it's an island dedicated practically for hotels and spas only, then maybe staff live and work at the same place)
- looking at the picture you sent, I appreciate your keen eye on the ring, it's kind of difficult for me to see if this is a different ring than the one Sumin gave her in ch 86 or the one in ch10. Secondly look at Seju's hair in ch93.. I don't know if it has gotten this long after she got to knew this new girl or it's simply an old picture of 20 something Seju

To try putting things together:
- The villa is something different than the hotel..one is in the States the other is in Jeju island.
- the island design and properties encourages staff to work and live in the facilities they work at. And especially for Seju, this is not out of her character XD.. see ch55
- let's say that Seju does share the room together with this specific manager: could it be because Seju took Sumin advice from Ch86 about the PTSD nightmares:" but I did feel more at ease when someone was there beside me when I woke up".

(Lastly: omg! How can she be so beautifully designed !! Even Gaji's new characters are not a match.. Dear Lord! My inner hungry lesbian is going roar !!)

last edited at Jun 14, 2018 6:42PM

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

father encouraged Seju Sumin to live in the VILLA in States(let's not forget he said Sumin can work there too, so probably this villa is also for business) + Sehyun and Chahee once stayed together in the VILLA in the U.S also
=> whatever, tHE VILLA IS IN THE U.S

However, TG said the villa is in Jeju island + the villa manager is now in the hotel (*** the word villa 별장 is both used in these two statements, not hotel 호텔)
=> a different villa
=> or TG makes the villa - hotel the same meaning ===

I like your idea of Seju owing it long time before. Maybe the background in chapter 86 is really Jeju island but we're not very sure whether they went there to visit the hotel or she decided to establish one there just after that voyage. But if its true I really appreciate Seju's business sense haha

About sharing room, when I observed it again, the office room seems to fit better, Seju would stay there like her own house and the kitchen room shall be the meeting room instead since there weren't anything like fridge, faucet, oven, or any kitchen stuffs. This would make more sense and I don't like the fact that Seju shared the room either, this should be her own workplace and only her stay in there.

About the ring, it's because I was admiring her goddess beauty in every pixel until I noticed something weird hahaha. I heard the assumption of Seju being with the new manager from a Korean reader bc of her bikini, that's why I began to think more about that possibility. Judging from Sumin's reaction in chap 1, it looked like she don't like swimming much but whatever, I think the ring is what matters, the ring in that photocard is much simpler. These are what I can draw to see it clearer: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dZqMY0V_gzs4PJSpBfUqVYnNWV9b3TRI/view

all other black/gray colours are its brightness and shadow and sorry for my ugly writing, its always like that haha. Even if the photocard was Seju in her 20s, there's still a high chance we can see Seju in bikini in her 30s at least once XDD We supposed to have seen her sidestory and that freaking sexy body now but ....2,5 years left .....

btw, it looks like there r only you and me alive in this forum lol.

last edited at Jun 15, 2018 10:35PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Back to the Villa vs. Hotel thing:
Now I think Saehyun checked the place "the Villa" himself before and told Seju that during the funeral in ch89. (He mentioned that it was the place her mom stayed at during her pregnancy of Seju)
The design of the hotel room is different from how it is for her mom's bedroom.
Also: do Korean use the word "villa" for hotels ??
Anyways, I do think that Seju held an emotional value for Jeju island or at least her trip with Sumin there ..the value is high for Sumin too who loves that place to a point she picks it as a destination to travel to with Sungji. Was that the place Seju means in ch19?

I heard the assumption of Seju being with the new manager from a Korean reader bc of her bikini, that's why I began to think more about that possibility.

I guess the hook up was quite obvious from how Seju held the rope thinking about it as a suicide tool while the manager speaks of it as life saving one. XD

But I still don't think the ring is related to this couple: for Seju to not only accept beig with someone other than Sumin, but to also open her heart enough and go that deep with someone in just 10 episodes is just too much of a distruction to Seju's complexity and development.

btw, it looks like there r only you and me alive in this forum lol.

I'm content XD

last edited at Jun 16, 2018 9:29PM

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

it should be about 15 eps at least bc I saw somewhere the author said she dont like open ending. Paradise looks really like the real end of her 1st love and the intro to her new life. Whether she can move on easily or not still depends much on the new surroundings and new people around her. I'm fine as long as she has a healthier life XD

Summary: I miss Baek Seju :((((

last edited at Jun 15, 2018 10:48PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Ah.. it's a nice way to see it: paradise is the end, and "one" is the beginning..

I believe I read it somewhere on Twitter that Paradise and One were supposed to be 10 ep. While they cancelled "simple is best". BUT that was before things went truly bad with Lezhin. I hope they can still finish it on another platform

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

it could be that Paradise is Seju's reminiscence at the current time and may realize something after all flashbacks.Like "we came this far and why did we end up like this?"
yeah they once said Paradise lasts around 10 eps and then announced in December that Simple is best was cancelled (maybe Lezhin wanna cut it bc its only about Nammi haha) and that between Paradise and One, there will be a short story(i think only 1-3 eps) about Sungji and Sumin before their honeymoon. Theres no more info about One before & after that so i'm not very sure about its total eps. But recently they said since theyd work on another platform when the contract expires, Simple is best will be re-added XD

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 4:43AM

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

oh on gaji askfm, rough trans:
Q: how nice their r/s wad, reading it from the past, it is even more regrettable. aah, although the two of them will go to find their different love, but looking back, it is really too hurtful.
A: Although we know the ending of the two people, I dont think their past will change. If you look back at the beautiful times as how they were (probably like seeing those moments w the exact viewpoint & feelings u had those years), you wouldnt be able to look less pleasant.

So this way somehow encourages Seju to accept and appreciate it one day.

last edited at Jun 17, 2018 6:24AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

haleyd16

Well, yeah.. I agree: paradise didn't make me feel sadder. What made me feel uncomfortable is how beautifully the couple were built even though they had problems and then you go and compare this to how WDTFS ended. I can't believe Sungji's way of thinking! And the lamest scene of the lame in ch93 when Sungji asked Sumin what was she thinking out of the bed !!! Was Sumin really thinking of inviting Sungji to stay over given her past reactions just because Sungji threatened to leave.. was the reason Sungji left Sumin is simply because Seju was staying over.. was that it!!?? Is this even a real sustainable relationship ? What about the previous 10 chapters and what they meant in each one of their growth!

Actually.. whether Sungji and Sumin are sustainable doesn't affect the legitimacy of SejuXSumin anyways.. but it does affect my feeling of regrets on the over all manhwa.

Team Gaji successfully built strong backgrounds for 2 of their characters.. and a strong, legitimate conflict between them in a very smooth entertaining narrative. They were able to build yet a strong base for Sumin and Seju in Paradise and again a good story in Pet's Aesthetics. Even Nammi got a nice little tale here and there. Why their ending was such a disappointment story wise, isn't because Sejumin wasn't the ending but how logic was thrown in such an aggressive manner.

The little growth Sungji got was destroyed in ch92 and 93.
Sigh!

last edited at Jun 21, 2018 2:14PM

Jkashdkjashdkaj
joined Apr 23, 2013

Hi, everyone. I was following WDTFS at one point and haven't continued again in a long time. I'm planning to pick it up again, but just a few things I want to ask:

1. What's the status of this manhwa, exactly? Is it finished? Cancelled? Did it get a decent ending?
  2. Is it worth it to continue? Lol.
  3. I believe the chapters were translated by halmoniswag in the past, and there was an overtoon feature where they overlaid the text with the translation. Did this continue until the end? From my email, I only have the translations up until chapter 62, so I'm not sure if there are translations for the rest.

Would appreciate any information. Thanks.

joined Apr 25, 2018

haleyd16

Well, yeah.. I agree: paradise didn't make me feel sadder. What made me feel uncomfortable is how beautifully the couple were built even though they had problems and then you go and compare this to how WDTFS ended. I can't believe Sungji's way of thinking! And the lamest scene of the lame in ch93 when Sungji asked Sumin what was she thinking out of the bed !!! Was Sumin really thinking of inviting Sungji to stay over given her past reactions just because Sungji threatened to leave.. was the reason Sungji left Sumin is simply because Seju was staying over.. was that it!!?? Is this even a real sustainable relationship ? What about the previous 10 chapters and what they meant in each one of their growth!

Actually.. whether Sungji and Sumin are sustainable doesn't affect the legitimacy of SejuXSumin anyways.. but it does affect my feeling of regrets on the over all manhwa.

Team Gaji successfully built strong backgrounds for 2 of their characters.. and a strong, legitimate conflict between them in a very smooth entertaining narrative. They were able to build yet a strong base for Sumin and Seju in Paradise and again a good story in Pet's Aesthetics. Even Nammi got a nice little tale here and there. Why their ending was such a disappointment story wise, isn't because Sejumin wasn't the ending but how logic was thrown in such an aggressive manner.

The little growth Sungji got was destroyed in ch92 and 93.
Sigh!

Sungji x Sumin is the only logical ending. They aren't toxic unlike Sejumin. Their characters compliment each other very well. If you really cared about Seju, you'd want her to end up with someone who treats her well and that person isn't Sumin at all. You're just butthurt, pal. Let it go.

Btw, Pet's Aesthetic seems okay but the ending's a bit odd.

licalico
Hi, everyone. I was following WDTFS at one point and haven't continued again in a long time. I'm planning to pick it up again, but just a few things I want to ask:

1. What's the status of this manhwa, exactly? Is it finished? Cancelled? Did it get a decent ending?
  2. Is it worth it to continue? Lol.
  3. I believe the chapters were translated by halmoniswag in the past, and there was an overtoon feature where they overlaid the text with the translation. Did this continue until the end? From my email, I only have the translations up until chapter 62, so I'm not sure if there are translations for the rest.

Would appreciate any information. Thanks.

1. The main story is complete. There are sidestories planned and the first story was released last year about Seju/Sumin's past but the serialization was put on hold because of Lezhin being such a bitch. The ending was nice, only Sejumin shippers are complaining about it obviously.
  2. Yes. The angst though...
  3. I'd like to link you to all the translated chapters but I think it's not allowed to post it here. If there's a way I can PM you, just tell me.

last edited at Jul 19, 2018 12:57PM

__ex_keine_kamishirasawa_keine_and_kamishirasawa_keine_touhou_drawn_by_rebecca_keinelove__dac6b62f1c1ee61618ab14504ccd5a1b
joined May 30, 2018

lol why does this have 12000 comment for a work not even on the site

TifalovesAerith
joined May 7, 2017

lol why does this have 12000 comment for a work not even on the site

because people read elsewhere but such sites doesn't provide a comment section such as this?

2cik09g
joined Aug 17, 2013

I feel like me hoping for SejuxSumin and got disappointed then got shoved these happy side stories of the couple is like the 2nd stab. STOP IM ALREADY DEAD

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I feel like me hoping for SejuxSumin and got disappointed then got shoved these happy side stories of the couple is like the 2nd stab. STOP IM ALREADY DEAD

That's the dirtiest I've been played by a story ever. It's like the author does this solely to torture everyone who likes them, while at the same time we know nothing will actually happen. It's like they don't want us to move on either lol

joined Aug 31, 2017

You know at the beginning I was struck by Sungji’s physical appeareancw because she looks like Victoria’s Secret model Candice Swanepoel and I love them both. But re-reading the story again; I’ve started to see how gorgeous Seju is and it’s a pity we won’t have an ending for her. It’s almost going to be a year since WDTFS ended, dang time sure does fly by.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It was the forum discussions about WDTFS that really brought home to me the difference between what I call “people readers” and “story readers.”

People readers tend to look “through” how a story is being told in favor of focusing on the characters and their relationships as if they are real people in the real world. People who liked the Seju/Sumin relationship projected that desire onto the story until the very end, and obviously were very disappointed.

Story readers (and I have never been anything else) read for the cues and clues in the narrative for indications of what the story itself is about and where it’s going.

There was never any indication that this story was ever going to be anything except a Sumin + Sungji ending (although for a time a “Sumin alone” ending was not entirely out of the question).

Seju was beautiful, Seju was cool, Seju was passionate, Seju had a complex backstory, but the Seju & Sumin relationship during the time period of the story itself was nothing other than toxic and dysfunctional, and the narrative never put forth any substantial signals that the two of them were going to end up as a couple again (or that it would be a good thing for either of them if they did).

I don’t think WDTFS made a good case for Sungji as a character—she was too perfect and her motivations were far too underdeveloped for her to be interesting as a fictional person. But the story always was about Sumin and Sungji getting together and trying to stay that way despite the efforts of Seju to prevent it.

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

This is the first manhwa I pick on. And wow, I find myself obsessively going back and re-reading the series again and again. Pretty much everything about the series is breathtaking: the beautifully drawn main characters and their complex personalities, steamy love scenes and the heart-wrenching story.

Even though I ship Sumin x Sungjil and was pleased to see them together in the end, I still can't help but feel pity for Seju. It's such a tragedy when looking back at those flashbacks where she and Sumin were still lovers - the moments where she's at her happiest. If Sumin's parents hadn't died in the accident 10 years ago, they'd still been together. But alas, it was not meant to be. Fate can be so cruel sometimes.

Kind of disappointed the side stories has been put on hold. Would have very much liked to see a proper closure for Seju where she's set on the path of healing. Sigh Guess I'll have to settle with imagining this fanfiction in my mind that she was able to find a new love interest - someone worthy of being her equal, can make her love herself again and will love her no matter her flaws.

last edited at Oct 29, 2018 12:22PM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Hello again = ))))), is anyone still reading this forum? Wow, cant believe its been more than a year since the last time I visited the forum = )))))

Have anyone seen team gaji's latest post? It seems wdtfs has no longer belonged to lezin and team gaji will move it to another site :D, good news for all of us since we might hope for continution of their story = ))))))

Hope that everyone is still interested in the side stories = ))))), although gotta say I'm still following team gaji's news just because I want them to start sth brand new = ))))).

last edited at Jan 1, 2019 12:06AM

joined Jun 12, 2015

WDTFS is back. New chapter from the side stories:
https://imgur.com/a/WT1r9hG

last edited at Jan 2, 2019 4:39PM

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Naughty Sumin is getting her due punishment :P

I'm glad to hear the side stories are finally back on track.

Setsuko2
joined Jan 20, 2014

It was the forum discussions about WDTFS that really brought home to me the difference between what I call “people readers” and “story readers.”

People readers tend to look “through” how a story is being told in favor of focusing on the characters and their relationships as if they are real people in the real world. People who liked the Seju/Sumin relationship projected that desire onto the story until the very end, and obviously were very disappointed.

Story readers (and I have never been anything else) read for the cues and clues in the narrative for indications of what the story itself is about and where it’s going.

that's not really true. i knew it was never going to be a suminxseju ending, but considering how shitty sungji's personality was, seju was still the preferred outcome for me. i knew it wasn't going to happen, but that doesn't mean i can't wish it would /shrug. i mean...her personality was just as blank as most of her expressions, and the little they did give her were so awkward. and both sumin and seju had shit to work through. i think if they did, they could have a healthy relationship again. there was just not enough communication between them. if they had been honest from the beginning of the story, i don't think things between them would have been nearly so bad. they feel like a fated pair waaaaaaaay more than sumin and sungji. maybe if they author had gone more into why sungji always seemed so insipid, it would have made her more relatable. at least make it SOME kind of an actual trait, and not just a failure on the author's end.

To reply you must either login or sign up.