Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

It was the forum discussions about WDTFS that really brought home to me the difference between what I call “people readers” and “story readers.”

People readers tend to look “through” how a story is being told in favor of focusing on the characters and their relationships as if they are real people in the real world. People who liked the Seju/Sumin relationship projected that desire onto the story until the very end, and obviously were very disappointed.

Story readers (and I have never been anything else) read for the cues and clues in the narrative for indications of what the story itself is about and where it’s going.

that's not really true. i knew it was never going to be a suminxseju ending, but considering how shitty sungji's personality was, seju was still the preferred outcome for me. i knew it wasn't going to happen, but that doesn't mean i can't wish it would /shrug. i mean...her personality was just as blank as most of her expressions, and the little they did give her were so awkward. and both sumin and seju had shit to work through. i think if they did, they could have a healthy relationship again. there was just not enough communication between them. if they had been honest from the beginning of the story, i don't think things between them would have been nearly so bad. they feel like a fated pair waaaaaaaay more than sumin and sungji. maybe if they author had gone more into why sungji always seemed so insipid, it would have made her more relatable. at least make it SOME kind of an actual trait, and not just a failure on the author's end.

I don’t disagree at all—the story had all the flaws you mention. Sungji was underdeveloped, Seju was overdeveloped (as a character!), and we were shown a whole lot more about how and why Seju and Sumin had been together than we were given reasons why Sungji and Sumin should be together going forward. (I don’t think Seju was actually a good partner for Sumin—she treated her as a possession early on, and was absolutely toxic later, but that’s just my take).

But there were a lot of SejuxSumin shippers who were absolutely heartbroken, and more surprisingly, shocked at the ultimate outcome, which may not have been done as well as it might have been, but the story was never going anywhere else.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

Has anyone posted wdtfs 101 on imgur yet? I'm having really hard time to register on that kakao page app, it asks for Korean phone number #_________#

I still cant read the new chapppppp, I hate the new app #____#

joined Apr 25, 2018

considering how shitty sungji's personality was, seju was still the preferred outcome for me.

Sungji, shitty personality? That's rich coming from a Seju fan. Seriously, you've seen how terrible SejuSumin were to each other but you're out here blaming Sungji for having a "shitty" personality???

i mean...her personality was just as blank as most of her expressions, and the little they did give her were so awkward.

Your take is pretty subjective since you're attached to Seju. Sungji is quiet yet cute, understanding, patient, kind and most of all, loving. Sungji also doesn't cheat :)

and both sumin and seju had shit to work through. i think if they did, they could have a healthy relationship again. there was just not enough communication between them. if they had been honest from the beginning of the story, i don't think things between them would have been nearly so bad.

You're wishing for some things that cannot be changed. Seju is very possessive to the point that she hates it when Sumin hangs out with anybody else. Sumin is too sensitive and hold grudges. Those traits of Sejumin make them a very toxic pair that no matter how much they try, they'll always end up hurting each other. Gaji has pretty much shown us that.

they feel like a fated pair waaaaaaaay more than sumin and sungji.

With a relationship that toxic? Fated pair? Nah. Sungji/Sumin is the epitome of fated pair that no matter how many times Seju tries to ruin them, fate repeatedly brings Sungji back to Sumin

maybe if they author had gone more into why sungji always seemed so insipid, it would have made her more relatable.

Why does the character have to be relatable to you to be liked? Lol, does that mean you like Seju because you're possessive and a cheater too? Seju also keeps pushing herself onto someone who doesn't love her anymore, are you like that too? Perhaps you can relate to Sumin as well because you're a terrible gf who keeps stringing her along because of a grudge?

at least make it SOME kind of an actual trait, and not just a failure on the author's end.
You're just pressed SejuMin didn't happen

Seriously, some of you don't even give a shit about Seju. You'd rather want her to end up with someone who isn't fitting for her, who brings out the bad traits in her.

Moving on, I'm excited to see how Seju and Dowon's relationship would grow. Dowon must be a very charismatic person to be able to woo Seju after several years of the latter being hung up on Sumin.

last edited at Jan 9, 2019 8:33AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

People seem to get pretty tangled up when discussing these . . .fictional entities by blurring the distinctions between them as characters in a story and hypothetical people in real life.

As characters, Seju is quite vivid, and Sungji is . .not so much.

As people who I could potentially be around, Seju is literally dangerous—Sumin’s “beautiful scar” is visible proof of the cost of being close to Seju. Sungji is, obviously, not.

The problem with Sungji as a character is either that she’s unnaturally understanding and virtuous, or that we aren’t given enough background on her to understand how she got the way she is; more development could have made her seem more like a real person and less like an artificial construct.

I know it’s fairly ridiculous, but somehow I keep thinking of Seju as the Captain Jack Sparrow of yuri manga—things aren’t dull when she’s around, but you can bet there’s going to be trouble sooner rather than later.

Not my idea of long-term relationship material but YMMV. :)

joined Mar 21, 2017

I feel like it was a case of TG trying to do too much but in the end not doing enough. Sungji definitely needed to be more fleshed out but i don't think she was completely devoid of personality. She just got placed second to Sumin & Seju in terms of fleshing out in both character profile and story.

last edited at Jan 9, 2019 6:05PM

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Has anyone posted wdtfs 101 on imgur yet? I'm having really hard time to register on that kakao page app, it asks for Korean phone number #_________#

https://imgur.com/gallery/AxFxp3g

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

https://imgur.com/gallery/AxFxp3g

Oh, thank you so much, I've been waiting for this XDDDDD, still cant figure out how to register on that app @.@.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

People are still debating on the ending of the story? XDDDDDD

Let's be honest, SungjixSumin is the ending right from the get go = ))))))

Honestly, I dont like how TG developed all three characters, all of them, lol.

At first, I like the way they portrayed Seju, mysterious, not bad enough, not good enough, strong, cold and badass with her "oh - I - dont - care" attitude. I like that but well, since SuminxSungji is the rightful couple, Seju has to be the bad guy with all the possessive attitudes or "toxic" thoughts so readers have their reason to support the ending couple =))))). This is what I hate about the way they built Seju's character. They made her interesting enough to take away readers' hearts but also ruined her enough for the sake of the healing story of SuminxSungji. Seju got alot of room to grow though, such a shame.

Also, its such a plot hole when Seju did absolutely nothing to take Sumin back, lol, Well, maybe becuz if she did more, she would become full-time bad guy and authors didnt want that, they want Seju to be not good and not bad, lollll.

As for Sungji, lol, an absolute angel in a dark story =)))))))). Still cant believe this is the center character I'm talking about, lol. The love she gave Sumin didnt leave a strong mark as much as Seju did in the story development (probably becuz she didnt have the "waiting in agony for 13 years" like Seju or Sumin is not her saving grace like Seju, lol). Would love to see more of Sungji's pov about her love for Sumin though. Her characteristics are all about being the good girl till the end, sacrificing herself for Sumin, etc, .... I've always had a thing for not liking "MarySue in love" in comics and unfortunately, Sungji is exactly that or maybe worse, because her love for Sumin is overshadowed by Seju's love for Sumin

Sumin, nothing about this character, literally, living a toxic life, then suddenly accepted a sex night with her ex just for the sake of abandoning her, lol, got caught, got her new "love of her live" back easily (literally cant believe they got back together just like that). Gotta say, its so lucky for Sumin that she is the main character, or she'll get tons of hate, literally. The only thing I can empathize her is her lost parents and her life got ruined after that but well, part of everything she has suffered for 13 years is her own damn fault, not literally all Seju's fault.

I dont like the way they developed all three characters. Maybe the only thing I like and give me feels while reading is Seju's love. I like the concept of loving someone for all her life without change, from good or bad and no matter how hard or suffering it is, such a shame that this will not go anywhere, and the author also has added some possessive moments of this love for the sake of proving the other couple with the angel character is the right one, lol

last edited at Jan 10, 2019 3:24AM

11av3
joined May 28, 2018

I am ok with the outcome of this story. Blonde one and black one are suit for each other and all that. But in the end there was a tease of a story about Baek Seju? I won’t deny she is the most interesting character here and I’d love to see her healing story. So, now when that lenzin thing is over, is there news about it? Because, yes, It's hard to read this "paradise" spinoff with knowing what’s await:)

joined May 6, 2018

I think Seju herself has many problems to fix before she can fall in love with anyone, including Sumin. Among the three characters, Seju was born and grew up with the most complicated background which forced her to not trust and open up to anyone easily, Sumin seemed to only get to know more about Seju's dramatic childhood through her dad and Sehyun, so it turned out Seju still keeps many miserable experiences for herself as there's nowhere to pull out her wildest soul. You can see their r/s is lack of conversation and understanding, they always use silence to ease one another whenever they went through something bad. Remember when she asked Sumin "Why everybody's so eager to leave me?", I think rather than Sumin, in her mind the first two who wanted to leave her was her parents. One committed suicide because she couldn't bear with pressure received from her lover's family members, leaving Seju alone fighting them. One turned his back away when his daughter was humiliated by his other sons. The only two in this world who were supposed to love her most even treat her like that, then how can she find the power to put trust in someone else? She has a lot insecuries for people around her, that's why she couldn't give up on Sumin easily thinking that Sumin's the only one that truly loves and needs Baek Seju, so as soon as this woman leaves her, her only light will disappear and her world will crash down, filled up with darkness once again.

I must say Seju has low self-esteem, she shouldn't love anyone if she can't love herself first. Everyone treat her bad to the point she had to think she can just die because she's really useless, worthless. She started to live her life negatively and no one can change that lifestyle for her as they all didn't care about how she lives, while she didn't need them to bother her. The way she observes the world is very problematic, just like everyone is her enemy and things never change even when she's with Sumin. At least after the breakup Sumin still had hopes in life that she still can find someone for her someday. At least Sungji is there to help Sumin change. But who can do that for Seju? "No one's on my side" - she once said that.

Now she really has no one besides her brother Sehyun, no lover, no friends, no parents. She said she couldn't live without Sumin, but see? She's still alive and I still believe the scene of her with a rope was just her assumptions "What if?", that she didn't really intend to commit suicide. No one can't live without someone, nothing can't be given up. It's just that whether you really want to. I think you would regret less if SejuSumin only lasts about 17 months instead of 17 years. Time doesn't really matter, what matters is how the couple spent their time together. For SejuSumin it's toxic! Sungji fits Sumin more

last edited at Jan 10, 2019 8:29AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Sungji fits Sumin more

Your whole post is pretty solid analysis. It also shows the problem with the story as a story, since I think anybody would be hard-pressed to write half that much by going in-depth on Sumin’s character and motivations, and maybe one-quarter of that talking about Sungji’s, because we’re just not given enough material to work with.

Sungji is actually my favorite person (not character) in the story—she’s naive and still a bit childish, but she’s also honest, kind, perceptive, and in her own way, passionate (besides being beautiful and extremely hot, of course).

She’s just not very interesting—I think Sungji’s strongest scenes in the story are when she’s up against Seju, throwing her for a loop with her kindness/sympathy jiu-jitsu. We just don’t know where those qualities come from (except being assigned to her by the writers).

Seju is simply a lot more interesting to think about, and Sumin herself hardly exists except for her relation to the other two. (OK, that’s an overstatement. But I want to know more about Sungji, and, hell, I even want to know more about Nami. I’m sure I could be proven wrong, but I get the feeling there’s not a whole lot more to be known about Sumin.)

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Somehow the song Believe by Cher keeps popping up my mind - a song about gaining strength and confidence after a failed relationship, which seems fitting for Seju imo.

As for Sumin x Seju, there was never a chance they'll be together. Their relationship may have started off sweet and innocent but later on, it became toxic and unhealthy. Even if Sumin's parents hadn't died and the shitstorm that followed afterward, I reckon they'd still broken up one way or the other, most likely Sumin taking the initiative to dump her. Seju was being too possessive, not allowing Sumin to spend time with her classmates and getting jealous if another girl hugs her for instances. It almost felt as though Sumin was more of her sex slave, who will come and pleasure her whenever. Sooner or later, Sumin would have gotten tired of her clinginess and realized she's no good for her.

Hopefully, if Seju does hook up with Dowon (the brown-haired hotel manager shown at the end), she will have learned from the mistakes she did in the past with Sumin and know when to back off. And speaking of the new girl, don't know exactly what the author intended her to be. A friend whom Seju can finally trust? Or a new lover who's even more special than Sumin? Either way, she's gonna have to be one incredibly amazing character to pull Seju out of her shell.

joined May 6, 2018

That's the point, they will break up eventually because Seju's being too clingly, manipulative, possessive. Also, I think Seju should be with s.o much stronger physically& mentally to take care of her all the time. S.o who can make Seju listens to, or else the r/s will always end up with her manipulating her partner.

I rmb some folks made few assumptions about Seju's future life that Seju may have built a hotel in Jeju island where she traveled to with Sumin. And the latest chapter suddenly got back to the scene SejuSumin shared their 1st kiss, following their plans of visiting Jeju? I don't think it's a coincidence. Maybe they're introducing an island where Seju is staying currently to move to the next sidestory. This must be a special place together with her mother's villa. I think Seju and this Dowon share many similarities in their personality, hobby, background. Her profile seems like a match made for Seju. So let's see if Seju likes swimming as well. She must be a very interesting, full of charisma character anyway bcz Seju's also beyond amazing, or else Gaji just needs to hook her up with Nami, Dawoon or the assassin for a quick happy ending lol. I have a feeling that she'd be the first one to be able to control Seju. But whoever she is, lover or friend, hopefully she can make Seju smile cheerfully again, this girl only needs a motive to live. She's hurt enough.

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

One, I'm not an expert in relationship but I definitely dont like it if my bf goes hugging some girls, lolllll. Its normal for us since SejuxSumin are girls and the other party is also a girl but if we see this situation in context of two girls are in love of each other and they are only into girls, its also normal to not feel good when seeing them hugging, lolll. Jealousy is part of a relationship, so is possessiveness.

However, I wont deny that all those scenes was shown are just for the sake of the readers to believe more about SejuxSumin is not the fated couple, that they are toxic and Seju is too possessive, etc.... Thats the author's purpose when building alot of scenes about SejuxSumin, how they are not as good as SungjixSumin (or simply say, Seju is not as good as Sungji)

Sungji, to me, is someone who was put into a wrong place and wrong comic = )))))). She is supposed to be the bright light for a dark story, however, she is not strong enough to stand out.

Her characteristic, naive, nice, all around good girl is supposed to be the reason why Sumin fell in love with her but somehow, in a lot of moments, I feel really out of place when reading about her, like everything is so dark, about Seju, about Sumin, then here I am, seeing a naive girl, all about living easy life and then later all she cares is love and sex. It gives me the feels of leaving her scenes behind and having the urge of knowing more about the darker side of the story, the mysterious and all the fight about Seju's family. These things get me more interested than seeing a bright girl in love. After all, the whole story is pretty dark

If Sungji is in another story, lighter and brighter, she will definitely stand out. The author has built too many interesting background stories about Seju's family, Sumin's family and all the darker and mysterious things, it gives me curious to read more about this

Story wise, this story has bunch of plot holes that I dont even have energy to list on, lol.

last edited at Jan 11, 2019 7:35AM

joined Apr 25, 2018

Sungji, to me, is someone who was put into a wrong place and wrong comic = )))))). She is supposed to be the bright light for a dark story, however, she is not strong enough to stand out.

How is she not a stand out? She's the sole person to make Sumin's life brighter. The fact that she's like the light at the end of the tunnel makes her memorable.

Her characteristic, naive, nice, all around good girl is supposed to be the reason why Sumin fell in love with her but somehow, in a lot of moments, I feel really out of place when reading about her, like everything is so dark, about Seju, about Sumin, then here I am, seeing a naive girl, all about living easy life and then later

So you just want WDTFS to be a depressing/hopeless story? You should've read tragic stories then.

all she cares is love and sex.

LOL where are you getting this from? Are you really this mad about SejuMin not being endgame that your perception of the lovely girl that won Sumin's heart is this skewed?

It gives me the feels of leaving her scenes behind and having the urge of knowing more about the darker side of the story, the mysterious and all the fight about Seju's family. These things get me more interested than seeing a bright girl in love. After all, the whole story is pretty dark

Just because a story has darkness in it doesn't mean there can't be a lighter side.

If Sungji is in another story, lighter and brighter, she will definitely stand out.

Nah, whatever Sungji does, she's always going to be not good enough for YOU. It's a typical behaviour of a bitter shipper to be like that lol.

Story wise, this story has bunch of plot holes that I dont even have energy to list on, lol.

List them.

last edited at Jan 11, 2019 7:59AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

This recent exchange is a perfect illustration of that difference between “story readers” and “characters as people” readers I was talking about, as well as the way that the concept of “shipping” has become toxic when people are trying to exchange ideas.

As I said, at length, I like Sungji. When the story started out, I thought it was going to be about her, a naive but in her own way formidable girl falling in love with a much more sophisticated, and damaged, woman. In many ways, I would have preferred to read that story. I certainly never for one moment thought that Sumin and Seju should be together.

But the story indisputably spent far more time on the Sumin-Seju relationship, which was indeed dark and complex and made readers spend a lot more time thinking about those characters, especially Seju, while Sungji remained fairly static and underdeveloped. As a result, I agree that Sungji did almost seem like she was intended for a different story than the one that got told.

I’m the opposite of a “bitter shipper”—truth be told, I think Sumin and Seju together are basically a couple of assholes. But the story was told in a lopsided, disproportionate way that did not allow Sungji to completely fulfill the role she obviously was initially intended to play.

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

From what I could roughly translate (via Google) on the Spanish sub, Seju was suggesting that they could go on a trip to an island that her father apparently bought for her. It appears she's pretty fond of the sea, considering she also suggested other places: Hawaii, Singapore, Pattaya, and Saipan, all of which are popular holiday destinations known for their beaches & resorts. Come to think of it, back in the first chapter, Sumin did talk about how Seju was gonna turn the company building into a hotel and have a pool installed on the rooftop before she stopped her from doing so. She apparently never been to Jeju before until Sumin suggested they go there together.

Anyways, I'm sure Gaji had plenty of time to flesh out Dowon. The problem they had with Lezhin might have been a blessing in disguise for them to revise and figure out how they will go about with this new character. Her profile does suggest she'll be the right fit for Seju, being a former swimmer who eats a lot. I reckon she could give Seju the push to adopt a healthier lifestyle (after witnessing her getting sick easily), encouraging her to exercise and eat a good diet. They do say, a healthy body leads to a healthy mind, which in turn can help Seju to love herself more.

Perhaps she does share some things in common with Seju, being the black sheep with a shitty family, meaning she's capable of empathizing with her. At the very least, she shouldn't have the same glaring weakness that Sumin has, where she gets overly sensitive and hold onto grudges if and when Seju does wrong her (likely going to happen at some point). And at the same time, she should have her own baggage.

We'll just have to wait and see in the next side story, which hopefully won't be too long. Must admit, it would be quite a sight to see a teary-eyed Seju opening herself up with another person. Something tells me she's still grieving over her father's death and leaving Sumin for good, but choose to bottle her feelings inside.

As for Sungji, I kind of felt Gaji shot themselves in the foot when it came to her character development. She has an underwhelming presence in the story, mostly because Sumin and Seju took up much of the spotlight with all these flashbacks about their past. It would have been nice if they could focus more on her character like how she became this sweet girl who's so mature and forgiving. Don't get me wrong, I still prefer Sumin x Sungji, as their relationship isn't toxic like Sumin x Seju.

joined May 6, 2018

Idk why you can say that Sungji was put in a wrong story, actually it should be Seju who should move to another story. From the start Gaji had formed the first two main characters: Sungji and Sumin, one is bright and one is dark, two of whom are purely made to be the endgame. Seju then appeared in their mind as an ex-gf to boost the main couple's intimacy. In other words, there would be no Seju if there's no SungjiSumin, she's only a supporting role who gradually draws interest towards readers and becomes this complex. Even if the story is dark, why would Sungji needs to be dark as well, what's wrong if she's being just the way she is, it's still Sungji that Sumin chooses even if she's boring and less interesting than Seju , each person has different tastes so Sungji's still the ideal type to many others. I like Seju most, I think she's much more attractive than Sungji but I have to accept the fact that many prefered Sungji, and I won't tell them it's wrong to think Sungji's perfect than Seju because we all have our predefined types of woman to fall in love with. Sungji helps brighten up Sumin's world a lot, unlike Seju who keeps dragging her down to hell. Memories from high school days of SuminSeju seemed very sweet, but to me it's no different than a sugar-coated bullet, the more you look into the whole picture, the uglier you'll see.

Paradise has come to ep 8 as of now, if I don't remember wrong then there are only 2 eps left before we can move to One. There would also be episodes of SungjiSumin's early honeymoon in between if Team Gaji isn't planning to cut it. So I think maybe we can see Seju's in bikini in only a few weeks. Wondering how goddess can she be. It seems obvious that Seju really likes beaches, hotels and resorts regarding previous posts and the info collected from Wdtfs. It's mentioned that Seju isn't working on her master degree and took over the office building where Sumin works, reestablished it to Hello Studio and didn't come to the company often anw. So that means she didn't chase her dreams but was working on something she didn't really like to just stay beside Sumin and win her back instead. Perhaps it's time for Seju to live for herself only, do whatever she wants to & realize many beautiful things in life she had not realized before. I feel that lonely people can find peace from the sea, wave sounds, beaches. Glad she finally has freedom

last edited at Jan 12, 2019 8:04AM

Capture_89_1
joined Apr 28, 2016

How is she not a stand out? She's the sole person to make Sumin's life brighter. The fact that she's like the light at the end of the tunnel makes her memorable.

Well, her light didnt shine enough, lol, or maybe a naive girl is shining enough for you? Your choice, lol.

Did you know what I expected from her? I want her to stick with what she said and did.
After giving a freaking announcement at the end of arc 2 abt everything will not be the same to Seju, later on she did absolutely nothing, lollll. Then bammmm, when she met Sumin again, they were back together, lollll.

Is she naive? She IS naive
Is she angel? Hell yeah she is, the talk with Seju, all the things with Sumin. Hell freaking yeah she is
Is she more than naive and angel? Hell yeah she is NOT. Tell me what she did to stand out?

Her statement at the end of arc 2? The next thing she did is totally the opposite
Her talks with Seju? That just made her more angel, not special

Please she is just another normal protagonist and should be in a normal story, not placing her beside two fucking messed-up girls and tell me that's a healing story, lol, that's just bullshit.

Her characteristic, naive, nice, all around good girl is supposed to be the reason why Sumin fell in love with her but somehow, in a lot of moments, I feel really out of place when reading about her, like everything is so dark, about Seju, about Sumin, then here I am, seeing a naive girl, all about living easy life and then later

So you just want WDTFS to be a depressing/hopeless story? You should've read tragic stories then.

Oh, yes, I like dark story, not tragic, lol. Dark and tragic are not the same. I've said multiple times, I dont like naive, angelic girls. Be bad, be human. I'm not a dream girl who lives in a dream and sees there is a good girl like Sungji. Life is not perfect and human has flaws,
I can be selfish like Seju when I'm in love, being possessive, being jealous like Seju. I can make mistake like Seju.
I can be angry at the world for taking everything from me like Sumin, blaming everyone for what I lost like Sumin.
Sungji is too perfect, girls being perfect like Sungji? She should be in school mangas where its all about first love and sacrificing herself for what is good, loll.

all she cares is love and sex.

LOL where are you getting this from? Are you really this mad about SejuMin not being endgame that your perception of the lovely girl that won Sumin's heart is this skewed?

LOL, have I ever said I'm a SejuxSumin shipper? LOLLLLLLLLLL Ohhhhhh, this is interesting.

And what else did she care? Except for love and sex? That's her, lollll. She loves Sumin = > love
She has sex with Sumin = > sex

What else about her? Please tell me. Dont tell me about her talks or things she said, that's not the stuff she "cares", lollll

It gives me the feels of leaving her scenes behind and having the urge of knowing more about the darker side of the story, the mysterious and all the fight about Seju's family. These things get me more interested than seeing a bright girl in love. After all, the whole story is pretty dark

Just because a story has darkness in it doesn't mean there can't be a lighter side.

Well, lighter doesnt mean skipping the interesting parts to portrays two girls have sex, lolll

If Sungji is in another story, lighter and brighter, she will definitely stand out.

Nah, whatever Sungji does, she's always going to be not good enough for YOU. It's a typical behaviour of a bitter shipper to be like that lol.

Since when did I become a shipper? LOL
I didnt ship anything to your house. Bad joke, I know.

I said this once and for all, I only like Seju and the way they portrayed her at the beginning of the story. Dark, mysterious and all. Later on, I like the concept of loving one person through good or bad for all those years. I dont like anything else, anyone else. AND I DONT SHIP, LOL.

List them.

• Sungji did nothing after her statement at the end of arc 2, for what she said, she should've talked to Sumin or sth, just to fight with Seju, to prove her wrong. Where did she get that freaking confidence thinking Seju is wrong when right the previous chaps, she was proven to be scared of losing Sumin and didnt quite believe Sumin loves her?
  • Seju did nothing after strongly saying "I will get you back". What did she do? Disappearing for chapters to give rooms for SuminxSungji to come back together then wandering around them, then almost got killed? That's what a girl did to take back her ex love? LOLLLL. If she is already a third party, then be a goddamn proper third party. Fire Sungji, make Sumin go on business trip for months with her, do sth, anything. Not being a halfass third party like that

Or maybe the author didnt want her to be the fulltime bad guy so they leave her like that, so she wont turn worse. Seju is loved by alot of people after all.

The biggest plot hole of the universe is this

• Sungji's angelic actions. She didnt believe Sumin loves her but they were back together. She told Seju that she is wrong, then later on she left Sumin at the near end of story because she thinks Sumin still loves Seju and she is a burden to Sumin. Did you see the consistence in Sungji's actions and words?

Sorry, I DONT.

Do you want me to list more? I have a bunch.

last edited at Jan 22, 2019 11:40AM

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

This is fun..
It is waaaaaaaay easier to create an account after a story ends to say that you were right all along! I mean, of course you have the right answer after the results are out -so do we- but not the logic to how you reached it!
I spent hours and days analysing this .. and still can't find the logic nor the consistency on how matters ended!
And don't play this lousy ridiculous argument of who I shipped or didn't, admit it to your brain for the sake of your intelligence that the ending was rather rushed and didn't do justice to anyone including Sungji story line (or the lack of it) .

Kindest Regards

And if someone knows where we could get the rest of the chapters.. let me know please

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

For the record.. hon;

Yoonie had a bet against me that the story will end Sumingji ... and she won ! However, the ending happened in such a way that yoonie was disappointed.
As to say that she is sore for a false ship!! Haha .. really repeated and over used argument.

We had our hay days .. didn't we XD

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Don't think I'm allowed to post the link here, but, for anyone who wants to see the new chapter. You can search "universoyuri" on Google or whatever search engines you use. It's in Spanish but easier to translate.

last edited at Jan 23, 2019 11:48AM

joined Apr 25, 2018

Well, her light didnt shine enough, lol

You're blind then lmao

or maybe a naive girl is shining enough for you? Your choice, lol.

Or maybe you're too obsessed with broken characters to even consider the fact that a character doesn't need to be messed up in order to shine. The fact that she's the opposite of darkness literally makes her a standout. It's just you're stuck being all edgy and shit because you prefer Seju and Sumin together lol.

Did you know what I expected from her? I want her to stick with what she said and did.
After giving a freaking announcement at the end of arc 2 abt everything will not be the same to Seju, later on she did absolutely nothing, lollll. Then bammmm, when she met Sumin again, they were back together, lollll.

She couldn't stick to what she said because she herself was only trying to be confident about her relationship with Sumin. She's hella insecure and it only took a conversation between two people in the cafe about Seju's situation and Sumin's sad expression to shake that confidence. How is that hard to understand lol.

Is she naive? She IS naive

She is naive ofc but she's learning. What it so maddening about that lmao. Besides, since you're obsessed with flaws, being naive is a flaw. Meaning, Sungji has a flaw.

Is she angel? Hell yeah she is, the talk with Seju, all the things with Sumin. Hell freaking yeah she is

Yes she is and I love her for it.

Is she more than naive and angel? Hell yeah she is NOT. Tell me what she did to stand out?

The fact that she's the anti-thesis of Sumin or Seju and all the mess surrounding the story makes her a standout. Sit down. Oh, and btw, Sungji is insecure sometimes, that's another flaw.

Her talks with Seju? That just made her more angel, not special

She's not special to YOU loool.

Please she is just another normal protagonist and should be in a normal story, not placing her beside two fucking messed-up girls and tell me that's a healing story, lol, that's just bullshit.

How the fuck would it be called a healing story if all of the characters involved are messed up? There should be BALANCE, mate. You're literally pushing this idea that fucked up characters are like the shining beacon or something lmao. Stop bulshitting.

Oh, yes, I like dark story, not tragic, lol. Dark and tragic are not the same.

They are the same if all you want to see in a story are depressive and fucked up characters and no unproblematic characters to balance/counter them.

I've said multiple times, I dont like naive, angelic girls. Be bad, be human. I'm not a dream girl who lives in a dream and sees there is a good girl like Sungji. Life is not perfect and human has flaws,

Who gives af about what you want in girls lmao. Life is already depressing enough and yet you still want mess in a fiction? Sungji is like a testament that there are still untainted, kind-hearted and precious souls living in the world. She's like a hope that fights cruelty and hopelessness. How wouldn't you want that?

Again, Sungji is naive and sometimes insecure, those are flaws :)

I can be selfish like Seju when I'm in love, being possessive, being jealous like Seju. I can make mistake like Seju.

That is not love, pal, That is obsession. If you're excessively a jealous, possessive person, you're trash and aren't capable of loving sincerely. Seju hates it when Sumin hangs out with anyone; she doesn't think of what Sumin actually feels. She's selfish. Seju needs a person that has a positive outlook in life and a relaxed personality- Dowon.

I can be angry at the world for taking everything from me like Sumin, blaming everyone for what I lost like Sumin.

You need therapy. Blaming everyone else is not healthy. You need an understanding person- Sungji

Sungji is too perfect, girls being perfect like Sungji? She should be in school mangas where its all about first love and sacrificing herself for what is good, loll.

LOLLLLL why do you always insist that being a positive person is a bad thing lmao. You need a therapist lol.

LOL, have I ever said I'm a SejuxSumin shipper? LOLLLLLLLLLL Ohhhhhh, this is interesting.

Are you really gonna deny that you're a shipper when it's blatantly obvious that you actually are? Don't take me for a fool lol.

And what else did she care? Except for love and sex? That's her, lollll. She loves Sumin = > love. She has sex with Sumin = > sex
What else about her? Please tell me. Dont tell me about her talks or things she said, that's not the stuff she "cares", lollll

And is that a bad thing? Hm? What? You want her to be depressed too in order for you to like her? Or you want her to to be into drugs to like her? Jfc, you really need help.

Well, lighter doesnt mean skipping the interesting parts to portrays two girls have sex, lolll

You're acting as if all Sungji and Sumin do is have sex lmao. You're exaggerating because you can't stand the fact that Sumin loves Sungji. Are you also gonna complain when Sumin/Seju are going at it too? No? Or Sumin having sex with random girls? No?

Stop being a HYPOCRITE. Sejumin is toxic. Get over it.

Since when did I become a shipper? LOL

Stop lying. Pretending you don't ship won't make your arguments any less garbage.

I didnt ship anything to your house. Bad joke, I know.

Bad joke is claiming you don't ship lmao.

I said this once and for all, I only like Seju and the way they portrayed her at the beginning of the story. Dark, mysterious and all. Later on, I like the concept of loving one person through good or bad for all those years. I dont like anything else, anyone else.

In short, you're a hardcore SejuMin shipper who's rooting for a very toxic pair even though they bring out the worst in each other and is very mad that Sumin ended up with a girl that she shares a very healthy relationship with. Got it. You're bitter.

AND I DONT SHIP, LOL.

Stop lying for the nth time.

• Sungji did nothing after her statement at the end of arc 2, for what she said, she should've talked to Sumin or sth, just to fight with Seju, to prove her wrong. Where did she get that freaking confidence thinking Seju is wrong when right the previous chaps, she was proven to be scared of losing Sumin and didnt quite believe Sumin loves her?

Because she's human and actually falters with her emotion. She's also insecure. Isn't that what you want, for her to be human? Why are you complaining then?

• Seju did nothing after strongly saying "I will get you back". What did she do? Disappearing for chapters to give rooms for SuminxSungji to come back together then wandering around them, then almost got killed? That's what a girl did to take back her ex love? LOLLLL. If she is already a third party, then be a goddamn proper third party. Fire Sungji, make Sumin go on business trip for months with her, do sth, anything. Not being a halfass third party like that

I'll give you this BUT Seju caused enough trouble just by living in Sumin's house.

Or maybe the author didnt want her to be the fulltime bad guy so they leave her like that, so she wont turn worse. Seju is loved by alot of people after all.

Where is this claim that she's loved by a lot of people coming from? I know Gaji loves her but I don't remember her being that popular lol. Sumin and Sungji are far and away more popular than her.

• Sungji's angelic actions. She didnt believe Sumin loves her but they were back together. She told Seju that she is wrong, then later on she left Sumin at the near end of story because she thinks Sumin still loves Seju and she is a burden to Sumin. Did you see the consistence in Sungji's actions and words?

That scene is so easy to understand, I don't get how you see that as a plot twist. I totally saw it coming just looking at Sungji's expression in the cafe with Sumin.

Sungji is an insecure girl who thought Sumin doesn't love her but tried to be confident about her relationship with Sumin. But just when she thought she's successful in trying to convince herself that Sumin loves her, that confidence got shaken when she saw how worried Sumin was about Seju's situation when they overheard the men discussing about Seju in the cafe. That's the turning point that made Sungji truly think that Sumin loves Seju the most so she broke up with Sumin the next moment. As for them getting back together, Sungji saw how lost and empty Sumin was without her and she's all alone (Sungji might have thought Sumin got back with Seju at first). After all that, Sungji finally realized that she is the one Sumin truly loves.

That moment just shows that Sungji is human too. Her insecurity and wrong assumption made her leave the person she loves most.

Seriously, you lack reading comprehension if you didn't understand Sungji's actions during that time. It was clear as day why she acted that way.

Sorry, I DONT.

She's human and makes mistakes, isn't that what you want for her to be? To be flawed?

Do you want me to list more? I have a bunch.

What else then?

last edited at Jan 29, 2019 1:43AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ You’re becoming abusive with this “shipping” nonsense. Please stop it.

joined Apr 25, 2018

^ You’re becoming abusive with this “shipping” nonsense. Please stop it.

Why would I? Does it hit a nerve? Also, I've written a lot, yet that's the only thing that got you triggered.

Who even are you to police what I write. Shipping is a very valid argument here but you try to pass it off like it's some ridiculous notion.

last edited at Jan 29, 2019 6:29AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.