Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined May 6, 2018

It's better if Seju could lose memories of these 17 years so that she could live happily ever after. Because to me, just imagining spending that length of time for only one person to the point where you decide to hang yourself is suffocating enough, let alone she herself went through this. She lived all alone for the first 17 years, no friends, no parents' love but brothers' hatred. Then Sumin came like a light lit in the darkness, of course she needed to grip her as tight as possible because only Sumin cares for her. But that's the problem. Seju doesn't know how to open her heart. She even expressed her love in a wrong way. I believe it's what she needs to learn.

Then again, would all these blames mend their broken first love? Nope. So I prefer to ignore it all. Sumin had Seju & 30 women, and now she has Sungji. That should be enough. That should be the end too. The moment when Seju decides to go abroad, I felt very much relieved. No love, no pain, no fight, no anxiety anymore. In fact, they should never see each other again. No need for a coffee talk after a farewell. It's fine as long as you've found real happiness. Now Seju has someone for her too. Like Sungji to Sumin, someone who still loves and needs her despite her bad. Someone who's not toxic for her life. I would say Sumin and Seju ruined each other too much, instead, a right relationship should enlighten them about positivity.

Did you notice the author made their appearances, status and personalities quite match? Both Sungji and Sumin are neither too rich nor too poor, long straight hair, cold and witty. The new tanned girl seems to make it another match too. So I believe she had many other things in common with Seju besides the fact that they're both tall, wavy-haired, cold and sexy. Should I call them a model couple? However, the new girl also seems to be what Seju lacks of. She once was a swimmer which means just like Seju, she had something before but then lost it (either bc of injury, trauma or achievement obssesion). She might either be suffering from this loss or have overcome it. But maybe not yet, this should be a key factor that may abridge their distance or else there's no need to mention when she already has another job and they both look like broken souls after all. I think she's also the same as Sungji, not fall in love once. The profile seems to say she cares about life, passion, or career more. Then she eats a lot which is understandable for athletes while Seju eats less, skips meals, no favourite food, and easily falls sick (4 times so far). Probably she'll end up building a healthy diet for Seju. The fact that she suddenly told Seju the rope is for life-saving when Seju thought of using it to commit suicide also tells that she can read Seju's thoughts unintentionally. One thing for sure is Seju's way of living have been so horribly wrong (depends on love, low self-esteem). She needs to know there are many worse and better things out there. It's too complicated for Seju to trust and love somebody like Nammi, Sungji, Dawoon, assassin, or Sumin (who might remind her of the dark past) but if it's someone who are too much alike her, carefree, have no interest in her (which won't irratate her like Nammi), see her without judgement and know her without her saying, then falling can happen in seconds.

Some said it felt not right to see Seju in love with someone else besides Sumin. Oh, Sumin can live happily with a new love, she moves on so well so why Seju needs to keep all these sadness with her? It's unfair and hilarious to just let someone hinder you from starting your own life. It's not about love, it's about life, your own fking life. Treasure it. It's not right how Seju manipulated Sumin and cut her out from her social life either. The author once said being with Sumin is not the only way to make Seju happy, didn't they? No matter who she ends up with, ending her life or staying alone bc of A PERSON is wrong. It's okay if it's bc you're tired. The only one you should lose to or win over is yourself, not anyone else (Sorry I am emotional about this since my sister attempted suicide bc of a man thrice, gladly she's okay now....) If there was a story for Seju on her own and you don't know anything about SuminxSeju in the first place, maybe you would change your opinion.

Rather than look back at something broken, let's look forward to the bright future. Now I would like to recommend a song of Coffee Boy - I'll be by your side for Seju. Days of tears do not mean you'll have an angsty ending lol. I'll wait for Dawoon and SuminxSungji stories too, Sungji probably will become an attractive sexy woman after 3 years, wonder if they will adopt kids lol.

last edited at May 6, 2018 6:45AM

joined May 6, 2018

so previewing posts can be detected as spams?

joined May 6, 2018

I don't see the point of all these arguments. I only spoke out my opinion. Whether you'd go for or against, I'm totally fine. We all have our bias here which would change the way we see each situation a lot. The ending won't change no matter how much we disagree or agree. To Sumin, she was right. To Seju, she was right. To Sungji, she was right too. Everyone has their own reactions & solutions to a problem. At least in my view, Sumin is good when she's with Sungji. but with Seju? She's not. Let's say they're both poisonous to the other. Seju prevented Sumin from getting a normal social life. Your were right. She hasn't changed until now, I already said that's the problem that she has to learn fixing. Meanwhile Sumin, failed to show her love in the way that will lighten up Seju's world so that she is able to open her heart to those around. You may think they're cute. They're ok. Yes but if it keeps going on, I'm sure they will only depend on one another until their last breath. It sucks and is unhealthy. If their social life was normal like others, they could have been able to let go 10 years ago. Sumin admitted they're both cowards herself, chap 64. This mess is their faults. That hesitation of Sumin & that crazy obsession of Seju. Sumin's life is going amazingly now. She can be friends with Sungji's friends. Getting along with Sungji's family. Isn't it a big progress? She does not have to act confusedly and insecured towards them like when she was with Seju's fam or her friends.

By the way, another funny thing. Seju only has looks? Despite the fact she was born rich, she worked hard for herself. Did you know Sumin is smart? And don't you remember when they were learning for university entrance exam? chap 56 in Seju's bedroom. She helped the one who was called the number one in school tests by her friends fix a math problem. Didn't that mean Seju's smarter? She can raise money by her own hands too. When she wasn't given a penny from her family, when she was called btch sl*t wh*re, She got her own independant company. She lent money to the first bro that he couldn't scold her a bit and end up defending her in that meeting in chap 71. The one thing she got not by herself is probably the villa up until now. I don't know that people's good points can't be defined by how successful they have become. You see you've done well when you wake up and dont have to care which breakfast you can eat. how much you should save. is there a place you should't go, etc.

She's patient. Can anyone patiently take criticism from her fam for such a long time and her head is still so high? Can anyone patiently wait for 1 person in 10 years without knowing what you can get? I still prefer calling it stupidity anw.

One important. She's loyal. She may look cold, indifferent but to her lover, she's the opposite. Shr gives you everything she has. You played a joke and she didn't react it's not bc she didn't care, she just hadn't got it. If you can find a person like her, you've got to find that she has insecurities from her background, if you can fix her manipulation issue, you're luckiest. She doesn't pick fight or take blame on you either. Author said Seju is tolerant didn't you know that? So simply, Sumin failed to do so. They influence one another in a negative way and can't even change anything for good. They are not a perfect match. It is that simple.

I'm happy to hear Sumin's good points from you soon

last edited at May 6, 2018 12:17PM

joined May 6, 2018

I'm satisfied with your answer. Tbh, I didn't expect much from you either. I don't see the good side she has for Seju but at least I can admit she was amazing when they were dating and still is when she's with Sungji. But Seju is not nothing. No one is nothing. Everyone has bad and good points pls. You said like she's a jerk.. Soon Seju will meet better people and have a better life. As for you, Sumin is too good for Seju and I think Seju is too good for her so just stick with it.

joined May 6, 2018

Going on point. There was an invisible chain locking them from flying higher. Sumin deserves more than that. I can say as a gf, Sungji is better than Seju. She wants Sumin to have real happiness and knows it's not right to hurt pp you love just to make them love you. You see now Sumin has a healthier life with Sungji and she can do what she really wants with much freedom. It's best to be with someone that is good for you mental health. So now Seju has to realize her manipulative attitude which possibly arise from the insecurity and loneliness throughout her childhood is the biggest problem. Sadly Sumin was naive back then to notice and help her change it. That's why Seju deserves more too. Someone who is sensitive and strict enough to point out all the wrong and make her obey the right lifestyle. SuminxSeju already failed after they started dating. They were meant to be broken but Seju's stubborness and Sumin's indecisiveness led them this far.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don't see the point of all these arguments.

While it’s true that this ground has been fought over pretty extensively many times before, I have to say that you guys have done a pretty good job of arguing your positions while sticking to the facts of the story.

WDTFS supplies plenty of examples of bad behavior by the main characters (except for St. Sungji, of course) while explaining the underlying motivations for it, so the mixture of ‘good and bad points’ that ddd mentions turns the Sumin/Seju relationship into a kind of litmus test for each reader—those who value certain qualities in other people or can’t stand other ones have plenty of evidence to work with in order to make a wide range of different but basically legitimate value judgements about the characters and their actions.

For instance, Seju does the worst things but gets the fullest and most sympathetic depiction of her difficult background—sure, she’s quite manipulative and even rather cruel at times, but at least she doesn’t cut people with razors or send beautiful assassins to threaten them with strangulation. She can be seen as a badass survivor who deserves love in her life or as just a spoiled, selfish pain in the ass, and both readings can be right.

For me, I’ll just say that sometimes the most interesting people to read about in fiction are the last people I’d want anything to do with in real life.

last edited at May 8, 2018 7:24AM

joined Mar 21, 2017

I don't see the point of all these arguments.

While it’s true that this ground has been fought over pretty extensively many times before, I have to say that you guys have done a pretty good job of arguing your positions while sticking to facts the story.

I'd have to agree with that, been some nice civil discussions lately.

last edited at May 8, 2018 2:26AM

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

Hello Everyone,
To those interested in Team Gaji's work,
They announced that "Aesthetics of the Pet" will be published every Tuesday from May 22nd on Bomtoon.com
(Of course it will be available only in Korean currently but they mentioned that there maybe plans for translation)

last edited at May 16, 2018 11:47AM

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

I heard it only contains 8 chapters, is that true?

joined Feb 4, 2017

haleyd16

This is what I understood from Gaji's tweeter .. yes!

Two episodes are out now .. however, I can't even purchase them since the Age verification requires me to have a Korean cell number :(

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

I can't purchase either, just saw someone screenshot the translation links for the first 3 chapters in WDTFS group on facebook but I'm not a member....Are you in there? Or somebody else who's in add me pls, i can't even find that group since it's secret :(

joined Feb 4, 2017

Well.. try a famous manga and discussion website, go there and check if you could find it .. I can't name it specifically, against the rules

And no.. I'm not a member there

last edited at May 21, 2018 12:46PM

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

lol I've found one after asking you that. Just want know whats going on in the group since i heard its not only about wdtfs discussion XD. Btw, Ju Ah is cute & pretty. I'll add her to my list of favorite characters haha

joined Feb 4, 2017

Hahahahhaha for some reason, I liked the silver haired girl one moreee.. hahhaha
It Could be her sassy move in the original issue

last edited at May 22, 2018 2:04PM

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

^ this reminds me of Seju/Sungji lol.

For some reason I feel like TG other projects are not gonna be as good as wdtfs. It feels like they said everything they needed to, and from now on it's gonna be just regular stories

joined Feb 4, 2017

I personally don't know what that thing that Team Gaji said they learned through the years of making WDTFS and I remember them saying that there were so many stories to tell. Could they create stories from the ideas they had during the making of the WDTFS ?

Anyways, I guess the war with Lezhin killed the side stories for the next 3 years or so, they could still reformat lighter stories that are still high in quality.

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

hmm i don't really like to compare characters in different stories. Cho Ul and Ju ah have been there for so long and they were also Gaji - the artist's first project in 2015 or even before that so maybe the plot will be much different as well. Currently, i think A Pet's aesthetics is really light, just like daily lives of the two pretty girls trying to catch the other's feelings. But I heard some said its about bdsm i dont know how they know that XD could it be a pure guess from the poster haha. I dont think this story needs endless discussion like wdtfs though XD. We still have one more short story to come. Yayy!

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

Hello there, I've just found this on twit, https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DelwX-ZV4AAcKBu.jpg
Someone mailed Gaji last year, I've tried my best to translate but still long for a more correct version, its great if anyone is willing to help me this lol

1/
Q: In the last part where Seju's brother said he'll get something ready, wasn't he looking at the airplane on the sky? Does Seju go abroad to live in a villa after parting from Sumin?
A: Seju left after the breakup, but not immediately. After spending a certain amount of time to clean up her surroundings, she left Seoul. And the villa scene is in Jeju Island. Please wait for Sidestory 2 for more information!

2/
Q: When said the CEO is still absent, does that mean Seju is taking a short break? Or it means she's just putting everything in order and quit?
A: The company has yet to go into the sale process, but Seju already handed in her resignation and took a long vacation.

3/
Q: If Seju is taking a break from the company, and since Sumin is back as the management team-leader, the relationship between the team leader and the CEO is bound to be somehow related. Despite that, Sumin still has the idea of coming there to work again? Did Sungji support Sumin's return? Believing that Seju and Sumin's relationship was completely over?
A: I think you can have some idea about this after reading Sidestory 1

4/
Q: In the scene when Nammi was a student, she was staring at Seju and Sumin in front of the school gate. Though she seemed to have much interest in Seju, she was talking for Sumin while they were alone. She's a playful friend to Sumin, yet didn't even want to tell Sumin about her love life. So who Nammi actually has a crush on? Seju or Sumin?
A: If you felt any sense from what Nammi said to Sumin, you'd be right. More information can be found in the Sidestory 3.

5/
Q: The story of Sehyun and Seju did not come out in detail. Is there any reason why Sehyun keeps on looking for Seju?
A. Sehyun also stayed at the villa during the time Seju's mother was at the villa. Little Sehyun then became close with Seju's mother.

6/
Q: In chapter 88, when Sungji said she'll make sure the one she loves would not be hurt, does that mean she has forgiven Sumin and will try to be better with Sumin? What did Seju want to say after that?
A: I think it's better for you to imagine this part than to say what we intend to imply

So it seems we've got the answers to some questions so far, Seju didn't leave on the same night of the break up. She has resigned and moved to the villa in Jeju island, lmao not the U.S, so that classic building is highly the villaaa, I still don't want to believe it... and yeah, probably it's hard for Sumin and Seju to be friends again? I doubt there was something going on between Sehyun and Seju's mom, he should be Seju's father lol xdd

last edited at Jun 5, 2018 12:53PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

haleyd16

Thank you very much for the translation.

As for the villa appeared in Seahyun dream.. the one we saw Seju's mother in ch 35 is different than the one in ch93.
I'm very happy that Seju truly really has no more connections to Sumin's life any longer.
The question about Nammi was bugging me as well.. I'm glad someone asked it .. and that Team Gaji are willing to answer.
Another question, haleyd16: when did this post take place ..before or after Team Gaji left Lezhin?

joined Feb 4, 2017

Ah.. about Sahyun, he isn't Seju's father hahaha .. and no he didn't have a relationship there was some post I wrote earlier about the age gap that explains how young Sahyun was.
But I guess Sahyun loved Ahn Cha-hee as a mother figure as he knew her as loving and caring person.

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

yeah the two buildings look differrent and better be so haha. I think Nammi likes Seju, but maybe both. Poor Nammi she wont end up with anyone. The mail was replied in 6 Nov 2017 by the author gyumji xddd.
I mean if Sehyun turned out to be Seju's dad, i wouldnt be much surprised. Or he at least has a thing for Seju's mom. I read your age gap post, he could be in 20s at the time and Chahee can be 6 7 years older? Quite possible. Tbh I'm extremely curious about this story. Seju hates her parents too much while Sehyun saying theyre not like what she thought. What if one day Seju found out the truth in that villa, Seju's mom was actually murdered or sth haha. There must be some secrets lying in there.
Seju cutting all connections is far from my expectation. It's sad she went to the company and left there all bc of Sumin. But I still think they would someday contact again like long lost friends...

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

suddenly remember this. In chap 1, the official translation mentioned Seju almost turned the company into a hotel, and Sumin wondered why Seju so wanted to build a swimming pool on the rooftop. Could it be that Seju now built the villa into a hotel/ apartment and maybe the villa manager-former swimmer was employed to manage the pool also? Looks like Seju's interested in luxurious entertainment, but in truth, even until the last chap we have barely seen the real Seju, she suppressed her deep-down emotions and dreams so well. I hope we can see her true self one day

joined Feb 4, 2017

yeah the two buildings look differrent and better be so haha. I think Nammi likes Seju, but maybe both. Poor Nammi she wont end up with anyone. The mail was replied in 6 Nov 2017 by the author gyumji xddd.

Hahahhaha .. if Nammi was a real person, I would say that what she wants isn't Seju herself but to be loved that way. It wouldn't matter Seju or Sumin, the idea is what matters to Nammi. Or maybe there is this theory; you know when you like a girl but you don't really know if you want to be her or you want to DATE her hahaha (Lesbos ultimate crush dilemma) XD.

It will be interesting to see them elaborate on that.

However I asked about the date of the post publication because they announced cancelation of "simple is best" side story (the story related to Nammi) then they cancelled their contract with Lezhin earlier this year.

I mean if Sehyun turned out to be Seju's dad, i wouldnt be much surprised. Or he at least has a thing for Seju's mom. I read your age gap post, he could be in 20s at the time and Chahee can be 6 7 years older? Quite possible.
Tbh I'm extremely curious about this story. Seju hates her parents too much while Sehyun saying theyre not like what she thought. What if one day Seju found out the truth in that villa, Seju's mom was actually murdered or sth haha. There must be some secrets lying in there.

Nah.. he can't be the father .. according to the calculation he was around 15 years old at most when Ahn Cha hee died.
Check this:
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/6809-what-does-the-fox-say-discussion?page=437#forum_post_312002

Seju cutting all connections is far from my expectation. It's sad she went to the company and left there all bc of Sumin. But I still think they would someday contact again like long lost friends...

Somehow, I admire that in Seju. She was the one character that was growing till the very end.

last edited at Jun 6, 2018 3:03AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

suddenly remember this. In chap 1, the official translation mentioned Seju almost turned the company into a hotel, and Sumin wondered why Seju so wanted to build a swimming pool on the rooftop. Could it be that Seju now built the villa into a hotel/ apartment and maybe the villa manager-former swimmer was employed to manage the pool also? Looks like Seju's interested in luxurious entertainment, but in truth, even until the last chap we have barely seen the real Seju, she suppressed her deep-down emotions and dreams so well. I hope we can see her true self one day

Very very intersting !!
Whether it's true or not .. I love how your brain works XD !

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

the post was public only 5 days ago.
lol Nammi at times knew and cared for Seju even more than Sumin. Yet she wanted to sleep with Seju more xdd lol that girl is so unreadable
About Sehyun and Chahee, one major reason i think theres sth fishy is the way he called her name, as far as i know, u shouldnt call someone much older & even ur stepmother by their name directly in korean lang. Thats so disrecpectful and he was shirtless as well. But let's see, at least he's the only one who shows no harm to Seju so far Xdd

last edited at Jun 6, 2018 6:33AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.