Forum › Posts by Nora89

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

For the record.. hon;

Yoonie had a bet against me that the story will end Sumingji ... and she won ! However, the ending happened in such a way that yoonie was disappointed.
As to say that she is sore for a false ship!! Haha .. really repeated and over used argument.

We had our hay days .. didn't we XD

joined Feb 4, 2017

This is fun..
It is waaaaaaaay easier to create an account after a story ends to say that you were right all along! I mean, of course you have the right answer after the results are out -so do we- but not the logic to how you reached it!
I spent hours and days analysing this .. and still can't find the logic nor the consistency on how matters ended!
And don't play this lousy ridiculous argument of who I shipped or didn't, admit it to your brain for the sake of your intelligence that the ending was rather rushed and didn't do justice to anyone including Sungji story line (or the lack of it) .

Kindest Regards

And if someone knows where we could get the rest of the chapters.. let me know please

joined Feb 4, 2017

haleyd16

Well, yeah.. I agree: paradise didn't make me feel sadder. What made me feel uncomfortable is how beautifully the couple were built even though they had problems and then you go and compare this to how WDTFS ended. I can't believe Sungji's way of thinking! And the lamest scene of the lame in ch93 when Sungji asked Sumin what was she thinking out of the bed !!! Was Sumin really thinking of inviting Sungji to stay over given her past reactions just because Sungji threatened to leave.. was the reason Sungji left Sumin is simply because Seju was staying over.. was that it!!?? Is this even a real sustainable relationship ? What about the previous 10 chapters and what they meant in each one of their growth!

Actually.. whether Sungji and Sumin are sustainable doesn't affect the legitimacy of SejuXSumin anyways.. but it does affect my feeling of regrets on the over all manhwa.

Team Gaji successfully built strong backgrounds for 2 of their characters.. and a strong, legitimate conflict between them in a very smooth entertaining narrative. They were able to build yet a strong base for Sumin and Seju in Paradise and again a good story in Pet's Aesthetics. Even Nammi got a nice little tale here and there. Why their ending was such a disappointment story wise, isn't because Sejumin wasn't the ending but how logic was thrown in such an aggressive manner.

The little growth Sungji got was destroyed in ch92 and 93.
Sigh!

last edited at Jun 21, 2018 2:14PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Ah.. it's a nice way to see it: paradise is the end, and "one" is the beginning..

I believe I read it somewhere on Twitter that Paradise and One were supposed to be 10 ep. While they cancelled "simple is best". BUT that was before things went truly bad with Lezhin. I hope they can still finish it on another platform

joined Feb 4, 2017

Back to the Villa vs. Hotel thing:
Now I think Saehyun checked the place "the Villa" himself before and told Seju that during the funeral in ch89. (He mentioned that it was the place her mom stayed at during her pregnancy of Seju)
The design of the hotel room is different from how it is for her mom's bedroom.
Also: do Korean use the word "villa" for hotels ??
Anyways, I do think that Seju held an emotional value for Jeju island or at least her trip with Sumin there ..the value is high for Sumin too who loves that place to a point she picks it as a destination to travel to with Sungji. Was that the place Seju means in ch19?

I heard the assumption of Seju being with the new manager from a Korean reader bc of her bikini, that's why I began to think more about that possibility.

I guess the hook up was quite obvious from how Seju held the rope thinking about it as a suicide tool while the manager speaks of it as life saving one. XD

But I still don't think the ring is related to this couple: for Seju to not only accept beig with someone other than Sumin, but to also open her heart enough and go that deep with someone in just 10 episodes is just too much of a distruction to Seju's complexity and development.

btw, it looks like there r only you and me alive in this forum lol.

I'm content XD

last edited at Jun 16, 2018 9:29PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Okay let's think together of this possibility:
What if Seju does own the hotel before .. it is not the villa, it's rather something else. Why isn't the villa?

Saehyun was abroad and was sleeping in that room at the Villa when he dreamt if Cha hee. When he came back, he gave the father a folder of finished up business regarding the will.. and later on the father told Sumin that she should move to the U.S with Seju and live somewhere he planned already. So the villa isn't in Jeju island. (I assume you recall these things so I skipped on the chapters)
- Back to the hotel, I guess Seju owned it or had it long time ago, maybe even when she used to travel with Sumin like in the dream in ch86. (In ch10 Sumin says that she was never that far away from her mother before.. but you know that Sumin and Seju went to an island where Sumin gave Seju a ring before her parents passed .. So the island isn't in the states .. it could be very much Jeju island)
- back to the Hotel: Sharing a room and is it just a room or an office + room. I can't tell for sure .. but does the manager work as subordinate for Seju in this premises and by default lives and works there too?!. ( if it's an island dedicated practically for hotels and spas only, then maybe staff live and work at the same place)
- looking at the picture you sent, I appreciate your keen eye on the ring, it's kind of difficult for me to see if this is a different ring than the one Sumin gave her in ch 86 or the one in ch10. Secondly look at Seju's hair in ch93.. I don't know if it has gotten this long after she got to knew this new girl or it's simply an old picture of 20 something Seju

To try putting things together:
- The villa is something different than the hotel..one is in the States the other is in Jeju island.
- the island design and properties encourages staff to work and live in the facilities they work at. And especially for Seju, this is not out of her character XD.. see ch55
- let's say that Seju does share the room together with this specific manager: could it be because Seju took Sumin advice from Ch86 about the PTSD nightmares:" but I did feel more at ease when someone was there beside me when I woke up".

(Lastly: omg! How can she be so beautifully designed !! Even Gaji's new characters are not a match.. Dear Lord! My inner hungry lesbian is going roar !!)

last edited at Jun 14, 2018 6:42PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Honestly; the idea of her being alive somewhere and that even Sumin parents are in fact alive there .. or murdered by the same ppl was mentioned before and there is some nice progression to this idea. However, the story isn't as huge as you might think. I think the story was suddenly abandoned by team Gaji at some point around the end.

joined Feb 4, 2017

As for him being shirtless .. I think he sleeps that way.
Especially that this chapter took place during summer. He was abroad and spent the night at the Villa that Cha hee used to stay at.
Why did he call her name .. or did he call her name or did he simply hear it in the dream.. we don't know.

Another thing is: the father isn't an idiot! He would have found out if Cha hee and Saehyun had something between them and he wouldn't feel THAT guilty about Cha hee's death.
I believe that Ahn Cha hee provided love and protection to the young Saehyun who was bullied in his childhood, and her death made him feel not only useless but protective of Seju who looks exactly like her mother.. a girl who he named himself.

joined Feb 4, 2017

suddenly remember this. In chap 1, the official translation mentioned Seju almost turned the company into a hotel, and Sumin wondered why Seju so wanted to build a swimming pool on the rooftop. Could it be that Seju now built the villa into a hotel/ apartment and maybe the villa manager-former swimmer was employed to manage the pool also? Looks like Seju's interested in luxurious entertainment, but in truth, even until the last chap we have barely seen the real Seju, she suppressed her deep-down emotions and dreams so well. I hope we can see her true self one day

Very very intersting !!
Whether it's true or not .. I love how your brain works XD !

joined Feb 4, 2017

yeah the two buildings look differrent and better be so haha. I think Nammi likes Seju, but maybe both. Poor Nammi she wont end up with anyone. The mail was replied in 6 Nov 2017 by the author gyumji xddd.

Hahahhaha .. if Nammi was a real person, I would say that what she wants isn't Seju herself but to be loved that way. It wouldn't matter Seju or Sumin, the idea is what matters to Nammi. Or maybe there is this theory; you know when you like a girl but you don't really know if you want to be her or you want to DATE her hahaha (Lesbos ultimate crush dilemma) XD.

It will be interesting to see them elaborate on that.

However I asked about the date of the post publication because they announced cancelation of "simple is best" side story (the story related to Nammi) then they cancelled their contract with Lezhin earlier this year.

I mean if Sehyun turned out to be Seju's dad, i wouldnt be much surprised. Or he at least has a thing for Seju's mom. I read your age gap post, he could be in 20s at the time and Chahee can be 6 7 years older? Quite possible.
Tbh I'm extremely curious about this story. Seju hates her parents too much while Sehyun saying theyre not like what she thought. What if one day Seju found out the truth in that villa, Seju's mom was actually murdered or sth haha. There must be some secrets lying in there.

Nah.. he can't be the father .. according to the calculation he was around 15 years old at most when Ahn Cha hee died.
Check this:
https://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/6809-what-does-the-fox-say-discussion?page=437#forum_post_312002

Seju cutting all connections is far from my expectation. It's sad she went to the company and left there all bc of Sumin. But I still think they would someday contact again like long lost friends...

Somehow, I admire that in Seju. She was the one character that was growing till the very end.

last edited at Jun 6, 2018 3:03AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Ah.. about Sahyun, he isn't Seju's father hahaha .. and no he didn't have a relationship there was some post I wrote earlier about the age gap that explains how young Sahyun was.
But I guess Sahyun loved Ahn Cha-hee as a mother figure as he knew her as loving and caring person.

joined Feb 4, 2017

haleyd16

Thank you very much for the translation.

As for the villa appeared in Seahyun dream.. the one we saw Seju's mother in ch 35 is different than the one in ch93.
I'm very happy that Seju truly really has no more connections to Sumin's life any longer.
The question about Nammi was bugging me as well.. I'm glad someone asked it .. and that Team Gaji are willing to answer.
Another question, haleyd16: when did this post take place ..before or after Team Gaji left Lezhin?

joined Feb 4, 2017

I personally don't know what that thing that Team Gaji said they learned through the years of making WDTFS and I remember them saying that there were so many stories to tell. Could they create stories from the ideas they had during the making of the WDTFS ?

Anyways, I guess the war with Lezhin killed the side stories for the next 3 years or so, they could still reformat lighter stories that are still high in quality.

joined Feb 4, 2017

Hahahahhaha for some reason, I liked the silver haired girl one moreee.. hahhaha
It Could be her sassy move in the original issue

last edited at May 22, 2018 2:04PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Well.. try a famous manga and discussion website, go there and check if you could find it .. I can't name it specifically, against the rules

And no.. I'm not a member there

last edited at May 21, 2018 12:46PM

joined Feb 4, 2017

haleyd16

This is what I understood from Gaji's tweeter .. yes!

Two episodes are out now .. however, I can't even purchase them since the Age verification requires me to have a Korean cell number :(

joined Feb 4, 2017

Hello Everyone,
To those interested in Team Gaji's work,
They announced that "Aesthetics of the Pet" will be published every Tuesday from May 22nd on Bomtoon.com
(Of course it will be available only in Korean currently but they mentioned that there maybe plans for translation)

last edited at May 16, 2018 11:47AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

haleyd16

You are right .. it isn't the villa, looks like an apartment complex .. And the tanned lady is a house manager if I remember correctly .

joined Feb 4, 2017

oh so perhaps their reunion should be around the bg of 2016. I just cant guess how long Seju has stayed abroad haha

If I may estimate based on Seju's hair length and on the fact that Sumin and Sungji moved recently together while Seju's boxes are still unpacked .. then we can say 3 to 6 months

joined Feb 4, 2017

haleyd16

Hey .. sorry just saw this, well.. we can't say for sure when chapter 91 and 92 took place. In chapter 91 you see Seju touching her neck and the scar is all gone .. someone mentioned a translation of one of the writer's tweets in which she said that some time has passed.. around 3 months or so.. look at the snow in that chapter .. it all melted.

last edited at Apr 26, 2018 7:22AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

Hahahhahahahaha nooooooo nooo.. Seju-ah :'(((

joined Feb 4, 2017

D1LD0Z3R

Well, there are some good news tho, team Gaji are publishing a new story on another platform (BomToon) this upcoming April :D

joined Feb 4, 2017

Hey D1LD0Z3R,

I apologise .. I just saw this,

It's chapter 7

joined Feb 4, 2017

You are welcome, :D

Btw what is her connection with Da-woon?

Till now, we don't know.. nothing in the manhwa so far indicates any relationship between the two.
We know that Dawoon is a chef who studied in France and her father owns some assets that suddenly increased in value ch60, and we know that Sangmi is a lawyer who is secretive about her private life ch23. That's all.
°°°
I am sorry to break this news, but the artist/writer Ssamba of Fluttering Feeling, has passed away today.

May she rests in peace

last edited at Feb 20, 2018 10:15AM

Nora89
WDTFS fans - off topic 19 Feb 15:19
joined Feb 4, 2017

suddenly.. it feels like September 2012