Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

joined Mar 21, 2017

Im not following the current side stories but for those who are, the series is on hold for a bit while half of TG is awaiting hospital results or something.

last edited at Jan 29, 2019 7:16AM

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Im not following the current side stories but for those who are, the series is on hold for a bit while half of TG is awaiting hospital results or something.

No kidding? Was kind of expecting the last Paradise chapter to come out today, then we can finally move onto the highly anticipated side story with Seju and Dowon next week or so. Oh well, here's hoping for some good news.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

^ You’re becoming abusive with this “shipping” nonsense. Please stop it.

Why would I? Does it hit a nerve? Also, I've written a lot, yet that's the only thing that got you triggered.

Who even are you to police what I write. Shipping is a very valid argument here but you try to pass it off like it's some ridiculous notion.

I'm the mod, here to police what you say. So in answer to your first question, "because I said so" should suffice.

Tone it down, sunbaenim.

joined Apr 25, 2018

Sungji is an insecure girl who thought Sumin doesn't love her but tried to be confident about her relationship with Sumin. But just when she thought she's successful in trying to convince herself that Sumin loves her, that confidence got shaken when she saw how worried Sumin was about Seju's situation when they overheard the men discussing about Seju in the cafe. That's the turning point that made Sungji truly think that Sumin loves Seju the most so she broke up with Sumin the next moment. As for them getting back together, Sungji saw how lost and empty Sumin was without her and she's all alone (Sungji might have thought Sumin got back with Seju at first). After all that, Sungji finally realized that she is the one Sumin truly loves.

If Seju shows up again, Sungji will go back to square one, no?

Why would she? The fact that Sumin was so broken over Sungji leaving her and never getting back together with Seju already gave Sungji the assurance that Sumin loves her and no one else. I'm sure Sungji is now confident about her relationship with Sumin whether Seju comes back in the picture or not.

joined Apr 25, 2018

Why would I? Does it hit a nerve? Also, I've written a lot, yet that's the only thing that got you triggered.

Who even are you to police what I write. Shipping is a very valid argument here but you try to pass it off like it's some ridiculous notion.

I'm the mod, here to police what you say. So in answer to your first question, "because I said so" should suffice.

Tone it down, sunbaenim.

What should I tone down? Don't tell me "shipping" is a taboo word here. You're like trying to police valid arguments here lol.

last edited at Jan 29, 2019 9:28AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Tone it down, sunbaenim.

What should I tone down? Don't tell me "shipping" is a taboo word here. You're like trying to police valid arguments here lol.

Calling people liars and hypocrites is a good start. How about you stop with those entirely.

And your "shipper" accusations seem to be based primarily on you making assumptions about others, so yeah. You might as well drop that whole line of attack.

last edited at Jan 29, 2019 9:34AM

joined Apr 25, 2018

Tone it down, sunbaenim.

Calling people liars and hypocrites is a good start. How about you stop with those entirely.

And your "shipper" accusations seem to be based primarily on you making assumptions about others, so yeah. You might as well drop that whole line of attack.

Is it bad to point out the obvious here?
Base on her posts, she's a hardcore Sejumin shipper, and it's a blatant lie that she's not a shipper lol. She's also a hypocrite with her double standard on how she sees sex scenes with SuminxSungji and Sejumin/Suminx random girls.

I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, I guess you just can't help yourself. So here's a one-day ban, maybe you'll have more self control tomorrow.

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

I find this shipping war to be rather toxic... Don't mind if folks can have a respectful, civilized discussion about it, which doesn't seem to be the case so far.

I for one, got nothing against those that ship Sumin x Seju. They're entitled to their opinions. I just personally don't find the two to be compatible with one another, despite how sweet and innocent their relationship started. It can make a very interesting storytelling to have two former lovers finding the inner strength to fix their broken relationship. Unfortunately, the story wasn't set up that way. Maybe the author has considered that idea at one point, but decided the cons outweigh the pros and Sumin x Sungji was the safer bet.

last edited at Jan 30, 2019 10:31AM

joined Apr 25, 2018

Sungji is an insecure girl who thought Sumin doesn't love her but tried to be confident about her relationship with Sumin. But just when she thought she's successful in trying to convince herself that Sumin loves her, that confidence got shaken when she saw how worried Sumin was about Seju's situation when they overheard the men discussing about Seju in the cafe. That's the turning point that made Sungji truly think that Sumin loves Seju the most so she broke up with Sumin the next moment. As for them getting back together, Sungji saw how lost and empty Sumin was without her and she's all alone (Sungji might have thought Sumin got back with Seju at first). After all that, Sungji finally realized that she is the one Sumin truly loves.

If Seju shows up again, Sungji will go back to square one, no?

Why would she? The fact that Sumin was so broken over Sungji leaving her and never getting back together with Seju already gave Sungji the assurance that Sumin loves her and no one else. I'm sure Sungji is now confident about her relationship with Sumin whether Seju comes back in the picture or not.

It was like that too when Sumin x Sungji broke up for the first time.

Nah. Both instances are significantly different from each other.

The first break was more of a cool-off than an actual break-up because Sungji couldn't break up with Sumin completely. She needed some time to think and decide whether to move on or not. Sumin cheated on Sungji to give Seju her last wish before they part because let's be real, there was still some feelings lingering from Sumin's part for Seju even though Sumin was already in love with Sungji. Sumin was still somehow indecisive and a coward by that time, hence she couldn't give Sungji a reason as to why she should stay with her. She felt guilty. Sungji on the other hand was confused and was deeply hurt that she thought Sumin was so fast to leave her while Sungji wanted to hold on. She kept saying she couldn't forgive her. They got back together mainly because Sungji wanted to give her another chance and she loved her too much to leave Sumin and not because she felt Sumin loved her the most. The insecurity in Sungji was still there though. She was even apologizing for loving Sumin.

Now, compare that to that real breakup that happened towards the end. Sungji let Sumin go because she wants Sumin to be happy because she thought Seju was the one Sumin truly loves. I also think she pitied Seju so she gave up on Sumin. It's a very selfless decision from Sungji's part. She took Sumin back this time because she saw how much Sumin loved her and only her. It was also evident that Sumin no longer held any romantic feelings for Seju. She broke free from Seju's suffocating cage.

In short, the two breakups are massively not the same. The motivations, reasons and circumstances differ.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I’m sorry I brought it up. I’m deleting my post—please delete yours. This needs to end.

I saved them the trouble. I'm a nice person like that.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I’m sorry I brought it up. I’m deleting my post—please delete yours. This needs to end.

Thanks, Nez. Apologies—I don’t know what I was thinking.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Thanks, Nez. Apologies—I don’t know what I was thinking.

Happens to the best of us. By which I mean me.

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Well, some very good news has just arrived. According to Team Gaji's twitter, the last chapter of Paradise will be released next week Tuesday. After that, the author will take a two weeks break. Then finally, we can look forward to One - the side-story which most Seju fans are waiting for. The hype is real :)

last edited at Jan 31, 2019 5:48PM

joined May 6, 2018

Well, some very good news has just arrived. According to Team Gaji's twitter, the last chapter of Paradise will be released next week Tuesday. After that, the author will take a two weeks break. Then finally, we can look forward to One - the side-story which most Seju fans are waiting for. The hype is real :)

nobody knows if it's the last chapter because the author said Paradise is a little over 10. Just hope it will end soon lol

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

nobody knows if it's the last chapter because the author said Paradise is a little over 10. Just hope it will end soon lol

Well, damn. I thought the author said these side stories were going to be 10 chapters at most. How much more are they going to keep torturing us over Sumin x Seju's sweet bitter past, lol?

Don't get me wrong though. Not saying I didn't like Paradise. We get to learn several things:

• Sumin and Seju's relationship wasn't always toxic and unhealthy
  • Sumin had a best friend whom she knew from middle school
  • Seju didn't have any other friends at the time
  • Seju tends to get sick easily and doesn't exercise a lot
  • Seju likes the sea, probably wanted to learn how to swim after watching Sumin

These points do feel like they would come into play during One.

Anyway, it would be nice to have a chapter where Sumin and Seju had their first meeting. Apparently, they met at a party if I recalled from the author's interview. Knowing how pretty cautious Seju is, Sumin must have said or done something remarkable to get her to open up.

joined May 6, 2018

Nope. TG only said Paradise is a bit more than 10 chapters. We don't know anything about other sidestories' length. I don't like Paradise either since what past is past, nothing will change even if we look more into that, not to mention it's awful enough at the present. And apparently, i don't feel that Seju opened up to Sumin, she was just being approachable. I think opening up is when she is able to speak out loud her thoughts, her feelings, baggage and more. She basically keeps all for herself when staying around Sumin...

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

I like to think the intention of Sunhwa's presence in the side-story, is a question that has readers thinking, "What if she was the one that became Sumin's girlfriend back in high school instead of Seju. How would Sumin's future look different in ten years time?"

For starters, I don't think Sunhwa would have made the same mistake Seju did when Sumin's parents died. She too has a loving and caring parents it seems, so I doubt she'll be that insensitive trying to force Sumin to come out of her grief. Overall, she would have been a better match for Sumin than Seju, having known her since middle school and can make friends with others. Then again, the same could be said for any of the 31 girls Sumin dated in the past ten years before she met Sungji. Well, maybe not her old supervisor, Choi, who's even more sly than Seju.

But sadly, this seems pointless as we all know Sumin and Seju ended up spending 17 years of having a toxic and unhealthy relationship.

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

oops...is this group dead already lol. We have a sad but happy news, The last chapter of Paradise was released lately so we can now move towards Seju's future really soon, however this chap was just too much for me too handle, seeing Seju and Sumin both letting go of their beautiful past without even regretting brought me into tears.

Well, is next chapter an epilogue of Sungji and Sumin? and after that will be One? I guess that is what the author tweeted recently, I don't understand Korean much so haha...

last edited at Mar 29, 2019 1:19PM

joined Mar 8, 2019

Seju seemed like she was earnestly in love with Sumin and made said mistake because she was truly piss drunk that one time from Sumin being irrational towards her.

Sumin believed Seju couldn't have been drunk because the doorman of Seju's expensive apartment wouldn't have allowed her and the guy up if Seju had been a mess of a drunk. Besides, Seju was clearly lucid enough to tell the bartender where she lived so I'm pretty sure she was maybe buzzed but not drunk enough to make stupid decisions.

And this happened a month after Sumin's parents died so I don't blame Sumin for being being selfish and not taking the time to process why Seju cheated. She was already mad at Seju for pushing her to move on. After their argument about America, I feel like Seju should have been the one to apologize first.

But Sumin was the one who swallowed her pride and pushed herself to make a move, which already demonstrates how much Seju means to her, even though she suffered such a sudden tragic loss. Seju had a messed up life but she should have realized Sumin just needed a bit more time.

I mean, who else did Sumin have? Her parents were gone and all she had left was Seju.

last edited at Mar 29, 2019 10:57AM

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Well to be fair, the whole cheating incident with the bartender guy is ambiguous at best. Nothing was explicitly shown what really went down that night. Sure, Sumin may have found Seju and that guy sleeping together in the bed, seemingly naked under the sheet but that doesn't necessarily prove they actually did it.

But for Sumin, she already made up her mind Seju really went through it willingly and no amount of reassuring words can convince her to think otherwise. I mean she was so traumatized that when she had the strap-on sex with that red-haired supervisor, she imagined Seju was overly enjoying herself with that guy and ended up puking in the toilet.

In the end, it was a real shitty mistake on Seju's part. Understandably, she was lonely and deeply insecure, considering Sumin was avoiding her and the guilty thought that she might be the one who caused the deaths of her girlfriend's parents. Yes, she should have trusted Sumin a lot more to come back to her sense, which she did eventually. But that's easier said than done.

Anyway, I'm pleased Paradise has finally reached its end. It was heartwarming at times, but also pretty torturing knowing the pair won't be together. Glad that Seju has found the closure to move on after she left behind that sticker photo of her and Sumin, probably the only memento of their past. Now, her healing journey can truly begin, and I for one, can't wait for the next side-story.

Even if she doesn't end up with a new lover, that's fine by me, so long as there's one person out there that can make her smile and laugh again :)

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

Sumin wasn't willing to let Seju explain more, she shutted her eyes and ears from everything after the cheating, Seju on the other hand didn't really try her best to get back with Sumin either because of the thought that Sumin had already stopped loving her and moved on, so Seju was a little satisfied of just staying by Sumin's sides as an option like that, she thought things would never change no matter who Sumin's dating with, that Sumin will always get back to her even if it's not love, their relationship was getting uglier throughout those 10 years. However it was too late when Seju finally realized Sumin still loves her and decided to truly make a move, there's Sungji entering Sumin's heart & their past love was too broken after 10 years of torturing as said above. What if they're getting back together? Is that love as pure as how it was in "Paradise"? Or will there be too much doubt, insecurities, fabrication involving after that? Moving on is the best choice for them both at the current time. Sumin can be a better person with Sungji, and Seju will find someone else who can handle her mental problems which Sumin had never been able to notice and correct for her

joined Mar 8, 2019

Well to be fair, the whole cheating incident with the bartender guy is ambiguous at best. Nothing was explicitly shown what really went down that night. Sure, Sumin may have found Seju and that guy sleeping together in the bed, seemingly naked under the sheet but that doesn't necessarily prove they actually did it.

Pretty sure they did it though because I think the words “nothing happened” would have flown out Seju’s mouth rather than “I was drunk.”

Maybe author just didn’t want to draw the het sex or felt the reveal of the aftermath was much more shocking instead of actually showing them doing it.

Plus, them cuddling on the bed hurts almost as much as actually seeing them doing it for Sumin probably.

When was the last time Sumin and Seju held each other like that? And maybe that’s what Sumin really wanted, someone to hold her and make her feel safe and loved, so when she saw that Seju was willing to share that with a stranger she got even more pissed.

Just my opinion and I’m probably reading way too much into them.

Sumin wasn't willing to let Seju explain more, she shutted her eyes and ears from everything after the cheating, Seju on the other hand didn't really try her best to get back with Sumin either because of the thought that Sumin had already stopped loving her and moved on, so Seju was a little satisfied of just staying by Sumin's sides as an option like that, she thought things would never change no matter who Sumin's dating with, that Sumin will always get back to her even if it's not love, their relationship was getting uglier throughout those 10 years. However it was too late when Seju finally realized Sumin still loves her and decided to truly make a move, there's Sungji entering Sumin's heart & their past love was too broken after 10 years of torturing as said above.

Seju apologized and Sumin asked her why she did it.

Seju first blamed it on the drink. Sumin then asked if she was unconscious and she tried to lie but Sumin said if she hadn’t been conscious, security wouldn’t have let the guy bring her up alone.

It was then that Seju confesses she did it because she was afraid Sumin was going to leave her. That probably made Sumin even more pissed though because she feels like she’s the one who needed more support at the time and Seju was being unfair because maybe it sounded to Sumin like Seju was blaming her.

Maybe if Sumin just admitted she was a selfish idiot from the beginning instead of lying/placing blame and if the reason for Sumin’s tattoo didn’t exist, they’d have had a chance to properly reconcile.

I think Seju was probably thinking she just caused Sumin so much pain so that’s why she never really tried to make a move. For Sumin, she was using her anger at Seju to ‘move on’ with her life and perhaps she just became so used to it that she refused to recognize she could feel anything more than that for Seju.

Either way, hope Seju finds her happily ever after too.

The beauty of these characters are that they’re all flawed. Granted Sungji’s flaws aren’t that extreme, I think it’s easy to understand Sumin and Seju’s motivations and sympathize even though they’ve both made mistakes.

last edited at Mar 29, 2019 3:26PM

Ruby
joined Oct 28, 2018

Seju didn't exactly seem to be in the right frame of mind to give a proper explanation, assuming she rushed straight after Sumin on the same day she was caught. Chances are, she's not fully sobered from her last night drunken episode. Not to mention, she was getting her face punched around whilst trying to get Sumin to listen.

And Sumin herself doesn't seem to be in the mood to discuss things calmly and rationally. She was running pretty high on emotion, given how she clearly felt betrayed and disgusted when she saw Seju and that bartender cuddling together. It's doubtful she's going to trust anything she says.

But I guess it's a moot point. Whether or not Seju actually slept with that guy, doesn't make much difference in the end. The damage has already been done. Unless the author decides to bring it back up in the next side-story, we'll never know the whole content behind this cheating incident.

But yeah, Sumin and Seju's relationship was destined to be doomed, as far as I can see. It just doesn't seem like... those two are truly compatible for one another if that makes any sense. Their memories together look sweet at times, but it doesn't show the whole picture.

Seju depended far too much on Sumin to provide her the love she needed, and that's not too healthy. The way she was, she could barely function with other people. Sumin herself should have been more assertive to help her girlfriend overcome these issues, but I suppose she wasn't mentally strong enough to face the challenge.

joined Mar 8, 2019

And Sumin herself doesn't seem to be in the mood to discuss things calmly and rationally. She was running pretty high on emotion, given how she clearly felt betrayed and disgusted when she saw Seju and that bartender cuddling together. It's doubtful she's going to trust anything she says.

I feel like the fact that Sumin was able to point out the guard, which I do expect there to be a high level of security seeing as Seju lives in a rich place, means that she’s rational enough to catch Seju’s bull about being passed out. Seju being unable to say anything after Sumin calls her out makes me feel like being shit faced drunk really was a lie/excuse.

Also the fact that Seju’s reaction after being called disgusting was to hit Sumin back with the ‘despite all I did to stay by your side, you made me feel like you were leaving me anyway’ makes it seem like Seju was entirely aware of what she did and just didn’t want to take full responsibility and lay all the blame on herself. Seju was using cheaters logic to justify her actions.

I guess we just read the entire situation differently though.

Seju depended far too much on Sumin to provide her the love she needed, and that's not too healthy. The way she was, she could barely function with other people. Sumin herself should have been more assertive to help her girlfriend overcome these issues, but I suppose she wasn't mentally strong enough to face the challenge.

Agreed. Sumin at the time felt like she had a monopoly on pain and was just too raw to concern herself with someone who betrayed her and Seju was busy wallowing in self loathing.

Ultimately they had trouble with the concept of forgiveness.

That’s why I like when Sumin came after Sungji and Sungji was like “you came after me because you want me to forgive you right?”. They have the conversation that Sumin and Seju never had. But then again, the situation is different.

Sumin and Sungji had only been together for a few months while Sumin and Seju had already been together for years. No one’s parents just died so it was easier to have this convo between Sumin and Sungji.

Also, I think Sumin and Sungji want to be together which is different from Sumin and Seju who feel like they need the other because they don’t want to be alone.

To reply you must either login or sign up.