Forum › What Does the Fox Say discussion

Screen%20shot%202017-09-05%20at%2014.18.21
joined Feb 4, 2017

I believe someone in this thread has discussed it already but I missed it... Who is Sang-mi? I have re-read the manhwa thrice but can't seem to find her....can somebody tell which chapter she appears in?

Hello, Sangmi is the Lawyer that dated Sumin at some point, as I can recall, she appeared 3 times:

ch4:
https://imgur.com/a/CfNcI

ch23:
https://imgur.com/a/SuYsD
ch50:
https://imgur.com/a/i9AJE

last edited at Feb 19, 2018 12:39PM

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

^ THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I do remember this chick but I'm so bad with names lol :D

Btw what is her connection with Da-woon?

joined Feb 4, 2017

You are welcome, :D

Btw what is her connection with Da-woon?

Till now, we don't know.. nothing in the manhwa so far indicates any relationship between the two.
We know that Dawoon is a chef who studied in France and her father owns some assets that suddenly increased in value ch60, and we know that Sangmi is a lawyer who is secretive about her private life ch23. That's all.
°°°
I am sorry to break this news, but the artist/writer Ssamba of Fluttering Feeling, has passed away today.

May she rests in peace

last edited at Feb 20, 2018 10:15AM

Ds6osxcvsaabln5
joined Dec 13, 2017

WHAT??? Nooooooo... TT

RIP Ssamba.

Funny_little_penguin_steam_avatars
joined Aug 18, 2017

Hey, Nora?

If it's not too much trouble, do you remember the flashback of Sungji as a little girl? The one where she's crying and her brother tells her not to worry?

I have read the entire manwha again and I must have missed!!! Do you know the chapter? I can't even remember the context!

joined Feb 4, 2017

Hey D1LD0Z3R,

I apologise .. I just saw this,

It's chapter 7

Funny_little_penguin_steam_avatars
joined Aug 18, 2017

Hey D1LD0Z3R,

I apologise .. I just saw this,

It's chapter 7

No worries. I think everyone has been sad bc Ssamba and WDTFS getting cancelled :(

But thank you, Nora! I was looking all the wrong places!

joined Feb 4, 2017

D1LD0Z3R

Well, there are some good news tho, team Gaji are publishing a new story on another platform (BomToon) this upcoming April :D

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

haha one bad news is we have to wait for 3 more years for Wdtfs to get reissued TT_TT

joined Feb 4, 2017

Hahahhahahahaha nooooooo nooo.. Seju-ah :'(((

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

i guess this thread is dead lol, i really miss Ms. Baek :((((( btw just suddenly want to know whether u have edited the timeframe of the story Nora? before Sungji's bd and after Seju left? i cant get the exact time of the last chap haha

last edited at Apr 24, 2018 10:53AM

joined Apr 25, 2018

It's funny to witness how Seju x Sumin supporters' "delusions" got crushed time and time again yet they still held on to that hope. TG had shown the readers multiple times that Seju and Sumin are toxic to each other but the shippers pretend they could work. Sumin also gave many reasons through her actions that she chose Sungji on a greater level over Seju by saying she felt indifferent towards her when she saw her in her dreams; the "Don't wait for me in the snow anymore etc..."; when she made that huge scarf for Sungji while the spare was only for Seju (Seju even pointed out what that meant); and lastly, the final nail in the coffin- Sumin crying so brokenly over Sungji's leaving. She wasn't that broken even when Seju cheated on her. Sumin also didn't even spare Seju a thought after Seju bid her heartbreaking farewell. Sumin still cared about her but that's it. Being concerned for someone's well being doesn't mean you're still in love with them.

I saw Seju lovers claim Sungji is a boring character when in truth, she's far from that. She's such an adorable, kind, eccentric, understanding and straightforward person. Not to mention, her stability makes her the best option for Sumin. Just because you find Sungji unproblematic or not broken, doesn't mean Seju is better character than her or Seju/Sumin is better (seriously ppl??). I understand that you're all salty about many things, but Sungji/Sumin is the best and healthiest ending for this story. They make a lot of sense if you just try to take off your Sumin/Seju shipping goggles.

As for Seju, I love her a lot that I think she deserves someone who will love her for all her flaws and not someone who brings out the worst in her. TG's finally making her move on through a new character and I think they already make a very sexy couple. If Sumin/Sungji is fluffy/sexy, Seju/Dawon is off-the-scale scorching! But for some reason, I really like Seju/Sungji. Their relationship reminds me a bit of Chayoon/Erae from The Love Doctor. And their personalities match too.

last edited at Apr 25, 2018 7:12AM

joined Feb 4, 2017

haleyd16

Hey .. sorry just saw this, well.. we can't say for sure when chapter 91 and 92 took place. In chapter 91 you see Seju touching her neck and the scar is all gone .. someone mentioned a translation of one of the writer's tweets in which she said that some time has passed.. around 3 months or so.. look at the snow in that chapter .. it all melted.

last edited at Apr 26, 2018 7:22AM

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

oh so perhaps their reunion should be around the bg of 2016. I just cant guess how long Seju has stayed abroad haha

joined Feb 4, 2017

oh so perhaps their reunion should be around the bg of 2016. I just cant guess how long Seju has stayed abroad haha

If I may estimate based on Seju's hair length and on the fact that Sumin and Sungji moved recently together while Seju's boxes are still unpacked .. then we can say 3 to 6 months

Do64bspv4aac56y
joined Dec 8, 2017

this is so suspicious. Her hair was short when she left Korea so yeah probably 3-6 months has passed yet her belongings are still unpacked? Judging by the architecture, Probably its not the villa Saehyun had mentioned. I dont even know whether shes moving out or in. Suppose its a hotel/apartment, if she moves out then how could the rope that villa manager owns is there? She should only stay in villa lol. But if she moves in then again, that tanned chick should not be there, i dont think they're sharing room, how can a rich woman like Seju stand this inconvenience haha. So the thing is what the hell Seju had done these past few months that now she still needs to move stuff.... I really look to see she'll have new friends and a healthier life T.T

Btw Happy birthday to the pretty blonde Ju Sungji hahahaha

joined Feb 4, 2017

haleyd16

You are right .. it isn't the villa, looks like an apartment complex .. And the tanned lady is a house manager if I remember correctly .

joined May 3, 2018

Remember the flashback where Sumin promised to be Seju's family? And now this? It seems like Sumin has a lot of broken promises with Seju now, to make it worse, they are Promises that are very very important for a miserable kid like Seju But why giving those past scenes? It makes me feel no tolerance towards Sumin, which I don't like. She was the one who draw me into this manhwa but she's steadily become a character I hate :((. Of all the past scenes, why shows this? Sth makes Sumin look bad and Seju looks even more vulnerable. What's the purpose?
She is the one who said she would be her family but she's also the one who turned her back on her first
She is the one who said she'll love her forever but she's also the one who moves on first
Wow, if this is a sappy love drama, Seju's fate is so effing sad

joined May 3, 2018

THIS! This is one of the things that made me feel so much sympathy for Seju. Imagine being a stranger to your own family members, being hated that you constantly receive hate speeches from the same people, growing up without a parent's love. And then suddenly someone tells you that they'd be your family, promises an eternal love, that they'd never leave and that they'd remind you that they love you everyday. But then suddenly that person who was the light in the darkness has suddenly become one of the darkness itself.
...just imagine how much that would hurt.
What Seju did was not justifiable yes. But why are people suddenly justifying Sumin's behavior? Can some(if not most) people here just try to be rational for once and stop being so biased? Only small amount of people here can actually see things objectively. The others have their own favorites and defend them no matter what. I have a favorite as well but I can see clearly that she has some faults too. I don't try to make her an angel and then shift the blame to someone else unlike some of y'all.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

The word “objectively” does not mean “sees things the way I see them.”

joined May 3, 2018

Can we talk about the fact that Seju looked so blissful on chapter 89 even though she wasn't left a cent by her father(frustrating because her greedy poor idiot brothers got plenty) but because she finally got her freedom and can finally live without someone breathing on her neck and judging every move she makes. A small thing like that and a genuine affection is what gives her great happiness and if you don't find that precious i dont know what will

joined May 3, 2018

The word “objectively” does not mean “sees things the way I see them.”

It isn't. And that's not deadass what I said or meant. Being objective is seeing things the way they are without being affected by one's own feelings and favorites. Seen some people here who justifies and softens their fave's behaviour and mistakes and then intentionally exaggerates the other party's mistakes just to shift the blame.

joined May 3, 2018

"THIS! This is one of the things that made me feel so much sympathy for Seju. Imagine being a stranger to your own family members, being hated that you constantly receive hate speeches from the same people, growing up without a parent's love. And then suddenly someone tells you that they'd be your family, promises an eternal love, that they'd never leave and that they'd remind you that they love you everyday. But then suddenly that person who was the light in the darkness has suddenly become one of the darkness itself.
...just imagine how much that would hurt."

Hmmm. Have you tried imagining you trying hard to be isolated from your group of friends and also on pushing away friendly people; making your daily life completely change from being loved by many people to be a loner because all you need is your gf. You light her darkness, you tell her that you will be her family, promise an eternal love, that you will never leave her, and that you will remind her that you love her everyday. But then, suddenly that person cheats on you because of your action during the time you were depressed about your parents death? Would you not become darkness yourself?

Imo, Seju had been hurt. But that was not what she didn't deserve.

She was loved? Wasn't she extremely disliked and hated by her own family members because they thought she was a nuisance? Genuine question. And she's a cautious child(said by her dad) so that means she doesn't easily open up to just anyone. Agreed that she deserves to suffer the consequences because of that "mistake" and let's never soften that because cheating can never be justified. Some parts can be understood too and one of those is her frustrations towards Sumin. She and her efforts were neglected for a month and Sumin even blamed her for her parents death(judging from her expression when Seju asked her).Thus, led her to drunk heavily. All of the suffering she endured for 10 years is partly her fault as well. It is her own choice to depend her happiness to one person whom she knows intentionally hurt her for ten years and that's.... a long time. She deserves some punishment yes but for ten years to be constantly being used and hurt by one person for over ten years and when that person finds a new one and leaves... she doesn't deserve that. But then again, it's her fault as well because she chooses to do that but that doesn't mean she deserved that kind of suffering.

joined May 3, 2018

this is so suspicious. Her hair was short when she left Korea so yeah probably 3-6 months has passed yet her belongings are still unpacked? Judging by the architecture, Probably its not the villa Saehyun had mentioned. I dont even know whether shes moving out or in. Suppose its a hotel/apartment, if she moves out then how could the rope that villa manager owns is there? She should only stay in villa lol. But if she moves in then again, that tanned chick should not be there, i dont think they're sharing room, how can a rich woman like Seju stand this inconvenience haha. So the thing is what the hell Seju had done these past few months that now she still needs to move stuff.... I really look to see she'll have new friends and a healthier life T.T

Btw Happy birthday to the pretty blonde Ju Sungji

She must've been living in hotel during those times? Hahaha. And maybe her belongings being unpacked has to do with her plans of killing herself? Because why would she bother to unpack them just before she hangs herself. Idk idk hahaha

joined May 6, 2018

If you could take the fact that she has lost Sumin forever the day she made her mistake, you would see that her being able to see and talk to Sumin for 10 years more after that incident could also be considered as her gain.

Sorry, been lurking here since last year and this probably is the most funniest thing I've ever heard. I can't believe you could think of the situation this way. Should I say Sumin should have felt lucky since she still had Seju there to play this total shit with her? You were cheated. You were disappointed. You were depressed. You came to another woman. That woman ditched you. You went back to your ex. You slept with other women. You ditched them. Your ex was still there when you're down?

I didn't see many of Sumin's good points until those flashbacks with Seju. She was cute, & had that shining light of a girl next door that can melt your heart in a blink of eye. But she changed. She chose to live in hatred for freaking 10 years. Even when their relationships were totally fine before the cheating, Sungji could forgive but Sumin couldn't? Why was that? She put the blame on Seju for her parents' accident. She broke contact with her for a month. Seju was blocked by that high ego wall that she built when she came to comfort her. It was her biggest mistake when she slept with the bartender but was it entirely her fault? Absolutely not.

Sumin did not give her a second chance once because she was hurt and could trust no more. Then, there was no such reason for her to treat Seju like a toy. No one deserved that 10 years of torture, including Sumin. If only Seju knew that cheating made her lose Sumin forever, she would possibly move on or live in memories alone or commit suicide right away. But nobody was there to tell her that, she's not us who read wdtfs and knew its end. Nobody told her no matter how long she'd been waiting, she would still only be the option after Sumin broke up with another girl. In a situation where you don't even know what you've been waiting for, suppose it's really for 10 years in real life, I call it blindness and stupidity. If only Sumin could determinedly show the line in between that they could never cross, there would not be this waste of time. Sumin was a coward for not being able to admit her love for Seju, if she still loves then just let Seju come back to her. If she doesn't then just break everything, it's not like their relationship was unbroken, why there is the need to be afraid of getting hurt? She simply didn't dare break contact bc she might feel lonely the moment Seju was gone. The same as that year when she asked Seju to stay. She did not care how much trouble Seju will get from her family after that. And when Seju really leaves, she's crying for someone else. That's okay. "You do not need to stay bc I have Sungji now". Is that it? Love is selfish, they said in the end you only love yourself. You don't want one person to get hurt bc that's the reason why you'll be hurt. However, SuminxSungji is much better, they can have friends, normal life, don't have to worry about anything. Truthfully, there shouldn't be Seju from the start lol.

To reply you must either login or sign up.