Forum › Touma-kun discussion

joined Dec 21, 2016

Interesting. So first page from chapter 2 is actually missing.

So finally looked at the thing that Reejun mentioned and it is indeed a blatant mistranslation in this case.
"Maybe put your bangs down? They'll make you look a bit younger."
"It's fine."

Ok I screwed up twice. Thank you for pointing it out.
I'm gonna fix both pages tomorrow, meanwhile
https://imgur.com/a/49v512h

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Yuricchin posted:

Ok I screwed up twice. Thank you for pointing it out.

Np. Happens. Though for noticing mistranslation credit should go to Reejun.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Let's see who's poor heart gets played this time

A
joined May 24, 2013

You can't apply rules to a force of nature

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Wow, Touma-kun is like training wheels, for love and sex, for these girls.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Well, at the end of the day, I find Touma a little dull, with no special salient trait.

All the girls around her are more interesting.

joined Aug 28, 2016

Well, at the end of the day, I find Touma a little dull, with no special salient trait.

Honestly, Touma's main personality trait (besides being cheerful and outgoing regardless of the circumstances) seems to be that she's a complete idiot: she consistently fails to know or understand pretty much anything, even things you'd really expect her to. It's just that everyone's too charmed by her to notice. It's why I haven't been as harsh on her as some folks in the comments; I don't think she's being manipulative, I think she just acts on instinct and genuinely doesn't understand human relationships well enough to realize what effect she has on people.

last edited at May 16, 2018 6:35PM

Yuki Kitsune
Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

How have I not previously noticed this little gem? It feels like each chapter is about a totally different MC with Touma-kun as a secondary character connecting them all.

"If we had to resign for something like that, this room would have been empty a long time ago." -- And Touma-kun is so dense, she probably has no idea.

Hino-san
joined Sep 4, 2014

Honestly, Touma's main personality trait (besides being cheerful and outgoing regardless of the circumstances) seems to be that she's a complete idiot: she consistently fails to know or understand pretty much anything, even things you'd really expect her to. It's just that everyone's too charmed by her to notice. It's why I haven't been as harsh on her as some folks in the comments; I don't think she's being manipulative, I think she just acts on instinct and genuinely doesn't understand human relationships well enough to realize what effect she has on people.

THIS

Touma is not the point of this series. Touma's effect on the other girls is the point. I think it's very much the idea of the series that Touma is essentially blameless. Touma is basically sex itself - in fact, the near ideal of no attachment, no consequences, gentle, consensual sex. I think Amano Shuninta is playing with the effects of this on the characters, how it intersects with life and love. Touma represents different things to different people, but Touma is basically just Touma. Sex is just sex.

Sex and lust don't follow rules. Even consensual sex. It doesn't respect your person or status. What you desire doesn't respect what you intellectually think you SHOULD desire or how you think things should be. It's just there. And it completely disarms everyone, strips them bare.

I think Shuninta writes very well and just has a bad reputation here because a lot of people have hugely idealized visions of love and sex, and think it should follow rules that it just doesn't. But I like her characters, even the ones I don't "like".

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

Touma-kun is like a super silly fashionable version of Amane (Prince of Spica) from Strawberry Panic haha.

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

This, basically. Kind of silly how some of us, myself included, jumped to dissect this work way more than was truly needed, lol. It is also silly how much maliciousness a part of the audience read into Touma. The girl is dense as a brick, lmao, barely able to hold a normal conversation outside of flirting (and even her flirting looks like something she does without conscious effort).

5a335bf2131492a81e6c35c0a56add10
joined Nov 25, 2017

I'm just waiting until Touma finds "the one" and then gets dumped (or she probably has in the past)

joined Jul 26, 2016

Shuninta draws some brilliant reaction faces.

Tumblr_mpynm4dyml1qjj8e7o1_400
joined May 24, 2013

CUTE

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

"Touma-kun meets the worst of the NYT Opinion Section"

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

About half this chapter was just pure Gay Panic, loved every panel of it. Shuninta does really draw some great silly reaction faces, page 9 especially made me crack up.

Images-1
joined Oct 5, 2013

Lmfao XD she slept with ALL the teachers XD lmao that is so hilarious XD

Images-1
joined Oct 5, 2013

God damn most of you take this silly ass manga WAY to seriously

SomethingOrOther
joined May 15, 2018

I hope Touma falls in love with someone and it never becomes requited, so she can get a taste of her own medicine. And truly, how could one get charmed by a person like her. She is basically an air-headed idiot with average looks.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Uh-huh. Now show us on this doll where the bad Touma-kun touched you...

joined Dec 13, 2013

whats... whats so great abt touma-kun?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

whats... whats so great abt touma-kun?

She’s charismatic.

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

^ Let's agree to disagree. The latest chapter seriously gives me a manipulative vibe. I guess I am out of here. I don't even know if I want Touma-kun to suffer or to be happy anymore lol

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

^ Let's agree to disagree. The latest chapter seriously gives me a manipulative vibe. I guess I am out of here. I don't even know if I want Touma-kun to suffer or to be happy anymore lol

This has nothing to do with what I want for the characters or what my values are. The story says that Touma is crazy charismatic and irresistible, so that’s what she is.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I hope Touma falls in love with someone and it never becomes requited, so she can get a taste of her own medicine. And truly, how could one get charmed by a person like her. She is basically an air-headed idiot with average looks.

First off, chill... It's not that serious. Secondly, I actually would like that to happen, but for a different reason. Maybe after that happens she'll realize what she's been doing to some girls up until that point. With it possibly being followed by some flashbacks or something.

Also, have you seen harem anime? That's pretty much the whole setup and there are tons of those out there. People still watch it, though. It's different here. Touma isn't our focus, she's the focus of the girls who fall for her charms. Our focus are the girls who do and the self-discovery journey they go on.

Lastly, "average looks"? That sounds a bit salty to me.

To reply you must either login or sign up.