Forum › Touma-kun discussion

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

This chapter does kind of paint Touma as some kind of eldritch lesbian sex god.

...Which is actually really awesome now that I've typed it out.

Anyways, my prediction: nurse-san quits and gets married, tries to have a heterosexual relationship, discovers she liked sex with Touma more than her husband, and comes back to work at the school again.

Most likely she'll never show up again. Her life is ruined.

joined Aug 28, 2016

I'm with the crowd that finds the plot impossible to take seriously at this point. Between lesbian seduction elemental Touma and her harem of teachers, the characters have gone beyond the realm of plausible human behaviour.

I'm gonna keep reading it to see where it goes, because it sure seems to be going places, but it's become a pretty different story from what I was expecting at the outset.

BellaLestrange
C8jj6l5uiaacadt_jpg__1llcu
joined Aug 13, 2017

I'm with the crowd that finds the plot impossible to take seriously at this point. Between lesbian seduction elemental Touma and her harem of teachers, the characters have gone beyond the realm of plausible human behaviour.

I'm gonna keep reading it to see where it goes, because it sure seems to be going places, but it's become a pretty different story from what I was expecting at the outset.

amem, sis

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Amano has done plenty of silly stories before and this is probably one of them. I'll agree that it didn't seem like one at the start, though. This chapter extended Touma's ladykilling to comically exaggerated levels.

last edited at Apr 18, 2018 8:29PM

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

I don't see why everyone has their panties in a bunch. This is just a fun little manga with some unrealistic and absurd elements. It's nothing to get worked up about. Just sit back and relax. There's worst things on here that people seem to enjoy. If you ask me, the nurse should've done the same (not in real life, if course).

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

For some reason that chapter sorta gave me a horror vibe.
I think Touma is a succubus.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

So apparently nobody seems to give a shit about actual teachers sleeping with one of their students and don't thinking of it as "a big deal"? I honestly don't really care about Touma's motivations or whatever, but what sort of fucked up adults actually rationalize sleeping with an underage girl "not a big deal"? We've seen this kind of setup thousand of times before, but an adult woman confessing on putting her hands on her student, and everybody going "lol same" is not exactly what I think of when I think of "fun times"

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I don't see why everyone has their panties in a bunch. This is just a fun little manga with some unrealistic and absurd elements.

I agree—this one is “Touma-kun: Lesbian Force of Nature.” If this story were presented as a handbook of proper interpersonal behavior, or a treatise on educational policy, I would be horrified and object to it in the strongest possible terms.

But I’m pretty sure it’s not.

Parnifia the Bastard
Chrome_2018-04-13_12-33-32-min%20(3)
joined Aug 4, 2014

I don't see why everyone has their panties in a bunch. This is just a fun little manga with some unrealistic and absurd elements.

I agree—this one is “Touma-kun: Lesbian Force of Nature.” If this story were presented as a handbook of proper interpersonal behavior, or a treatise on educational policy, I would be horrified and object to it in the strongest possible terms.

But I’m pretty sure it’s not.

It's not the manga's content itself that upsets me (it does still annoy me though), but the people who are defending the titular character's behaviour despite that clearly not being the point of the manga.

joined Sep 11, 2014

Salamandrake posted:

I felt like Touma was similar to another character, and finally it dawned on me. She's like the younger version of Suwako-san, only more flirty and gives great haircuts.

Suwako actually only sleeps with people she loves. She can just love multiple people deeply at the same time, while Touma doesn't actually want any deep feelings.

I think they're both similar in that they make a lot of people feel "special", but by doing so those people aren't really "special" anymore.

One can argue that "special" has different meaning for each individual, but look at the MCs who are in love with Suwako and Touma respectively. They want to be "special" as in "the only one" in the eyes of the ones they love, and given the nature of Suwako and Touma, it's impossible.

Parnifia the Bastard
joined Aug 4, 2014

Salamandrake posted:

I felt like Touma was similar to another character, and finally it dawned on me. She's like the younger version of Suwako-san, only more flirty and gives great haircuts.

Suwako actually only sleeps with people she loves. She can just love multiple people deeply at the same time, while Touma doesn't actually want any deep feelings.

I think they're both similar in that they make a lot of people feel "special", but by doing so those people aren't really "special" anymore.

One can argue that "special" has different meaning for each individual, but look at the MCs who are in love with Suwako and Touma respectively. They want to be "special" as in "the only one" in the eyes of the ones they love, and given the nature of Suwako and Touma, it's impossible.

Oddly enough, I actually happen to have some insight about this, as my best friend and enduring support is polyamorous. I had already sent her Touma-kun (which earned me a story about how she once punched a girl in the face in her high school's cafeteria), so I also sent her the Suwako-san chapters and asked if she wanted to comment. I figured anything she had to say might be a constructive contribution here. This was her response:

"To begin, I would say that of the two, I'm more like Suwako-san. However, while many people probably can't see much difference between myself and either character, I personally cannot understand the mindset of someone who 'loves everyone equally.' In fact, I question if such a person exists. For me, it's not so much about how much I love someone, as it is why I love a certain person and how I came to love that person. For instance, I love you [addressing me] like a little sister, but that certainly isn't the same love that would I would want to have sex with you over (no offense). And the talk of being 'special' bothers me a lot as well. I would never tell someone 'That's what makes you special.' Rather, I say 'That's why I love you.' And I only say that when I mean it, and think carefully about what kind of response I'll get from the partner I'm speaking to. Moreover, as I've told you many times, I've spent a lot of time and effort into making sure I can safely live the life I lead, which doesn't appear to be the case with these characters. Not to conflate fiction with reality, but I can't see their situations ending in anything but tragedy one way or another. I strive to be someone who can't be called 'irresponsible.' I know for a fact that you understand this much, but I hope everyone reading these stories doesn't think actual polyamory works this way, as it wouldn't work at all as presented here."

As an addendum:
"Now I'm wishing I had women [and men] throwing themselves on me in school. Might have saved me a lot of anxiety and depression. Or maybe it would have ended up worse. Actually, it's probably better not to think about that."

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

This is so bad i can't believe Amano Shuninta is the author

joined Sep 11, 2014

It's nice to read what someone in a polyamorous relationship thought about Suwako and Touma. Also,

but I hope everyone reading these stories doesn't think actual polyamory works this way, as it wouldn't work at all as presented here."

I definitely don't view Suwako and Touma's relationship with others as polyamorous, because imo a polyamorous relationship works if everyone in that relationship is equal to one another (an example of my view of a polyamorous relationship is MakiRinPana's Lessons on Living Together!?) .

Like for example, Suwako loves a lot of people and they love Suwako back, but Suwako is the kind of person who just likes to give, give, and give whole lots more instead of give and take, and we see how that turned out for the MC.

As for Touma, it's not love since from what I've seen she just wants to make other girls become cute(r) while doing and saying what one would do and say to someone they love (as in romantic love). Chapter 2 showed that quite clearly.

And lastly, I agree with your friend that things can and will most likely end badly for Suwako and Touma.

joined Jun 3, 2014

Who's Suwako

joined Sep 11, 2014

Who's Suwako

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_space_voyage_with_suwako_san

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

This is so bad i can't believe Amano Shuninta is the author

I don't know. I enjoy it, this gotta be my favorite series from her. I'm particularly waiting for the moment Touma fall in love with someone genuinely and struggle over it.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

So apparently nobody seems to give a shit about actual teachers sleeping with one of their students and don't thinking of it as "a big deal"? I honestly don't really care about Touma's motivations or whatever, but what sort of fucked up adults actually rationalize sleeping with an underage girl "not a big deal"? We've seen this kind of setup thousand of times before, but an adult woman confessing on putting her hands on her student, and everybody going "lol same" is not exactly what I think of when I think of "fun times"

Your right. In real life something like this, would create major moral outrage.(rightfuly so, I add for the record.) This is a fictitious world, with fictitious girls, in a fictitious high school, though. honestly, if this kind of thing offends you, you should probably stay away from the age gap tag.

joined Sep 1, 2017

Salamandrake posted:

Oddly enough, I actually happen to have some insight about this, as my best friend and enduring support is polyamorous. I had already sent her Touma-kun (which earned me a story about how she once punched a girl in the face in her high school's cafeteria), so I also sent her the Suwako-san chapters and asked if she wanted to comment. I figured anything she had to say might be a constructive contribution here. This was her response:

"To begin, I would say that of the two, I'm more like Suwako-san. However, while many people probably can't see much difference between myself and either character, I personally cannot understand the mindset of someone who 'loves everyone equally.' In fact, I question if such a person exists. For me, it's not so much about how much I love someone, as it is why I love a certain person and how I came to love that person. For instance, I love you [addressing me] like a little sister, but that certainly isn't the same love that would I would want to have sex with you over (no offense). And the talk of being 'special' bothers me a lot as well. I would never tell someone 'That's what makes you special.' Rather, I say 'That's why I love you.' And I only say that when I mean it, and think carefully about what kind of response I'll get from the partner I'm speaking to. Moreover, as I've told you many times, I've spent a lot of time and effort into making sure I can safely live the life I lead, which doesn't appear to be the case with these characters. Not to conflate fiction with reality, but I can't see their situations ending in anything but tragedy one way or another. I strive to be someone who can't be called 'irresponsible.' I know for a fact that you understand this much, but I hope everyone reading these stories doesn't think actual polyamory works this way, as it wouldn't work at all as presented here."

As an addendum:
"Now I'm wishing I had women [and men] throwing themselves on me in school. Might have saved me a lot of anxiety and depression. Or maybe it would have ended up worse. Actually, it's probably better not to think about that."

I agree with everything you said, but the part about "your special because..." and "I love you because...". In my mind they're about the same thing. The important part is the explanation afterward. Clear communication is the key.

last edited at Apr 19, 2018 4:13AM

joined Sep 1, 2017

Salamandrake posted:

last edited at Apr 19, 2018 4:43AM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

No matter how silly this story is, I also find it somehow very depressing.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Your right. In real life something like this, would create major moral outrage.(rightfuly so, I add for the record.) This is a fictitious world, with fictitious girls, in a fictitious high school, though. honestly, if this kind of thing offends you, you should probably stay away from the age gap tag.

It not so much the fact that they slept with their student, but the fact that they pass it as "not a big deal". We look at plenty of age gap works and usually the attitude is "Hey this is illegal and all, but as long as we keep quiet, things won't go south". There's guilt and there's recognition of how wrong are you acting.

Meanwhile, here we have a room full of adults who see nothing wrong with it. That's what pisses me off

Images
joined Feb 5, 2018

I hate this bitch :v

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Finding a room full of, “Hey, once you’ve tried Touma-kun, getting your hair done will never be the same” women is not the most morally reprehensible thing I’ve found to be hilarious on this site.

Not sure it’s even top 5.

Parnifia the Bastard
joined Aug 4, 2014

I agree with everything you said, but the part about "your special because..." and "I love you because...". In my mind they're about the same thing. The important part is the explanation afterward. Clear communication is the key.

What she meant was, saying someone is "special" implies a sort of objective value, while telling someone why you love them is clearly describing what value they have to you on a personal level. And it's that personal value that really matters in a relationship.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Amano Shuninta loves that kind of characters anyway. See "The Feelings With All Must Endure"

To reply you must either login or sign up.