Forum › I decided to fake a marriage with my junior (♀️) to shut my parents up discussion

Cs4_cover
joined Jul 13, 2015

Well, this is the first yuri manga who show recognize partner relationship on Shibuya
This manga need to be short to avoid the worse.

Mato-san%201%201
joined Jan 10, 2015

Well, this is the first yuri manga who show recognize partner relationship on Shibuya
This manga need to be short to avoid the worse.

Knowing the author, it gonna get dramatic real fast

007b
joined Jun 12, 2014

Random_Bird posted:

These parents are horrible.

To be fair, their daughter came out to them in the worst way imaginable. Showing up at your conservative parents' door and just letting your wife bluntly drop the bombshells that not only are you gay but you also eloped is going to result in an emotional response. Really, I think the parents handled it remarkably well until Hana was a little too smug about it.

And that is the reason to get angry? They got angry because they kept insisting she has to marry someone they approve of and they can be proud of and dissed every single person she choose herself and brought to them. Honestly, who she marries should be no their business and there shouldn't be something like "coming out in the worse way imaginable". The only reason we need to "come out in a good way" in the first place is because homophobic people exist and we need to go on a eggshells around them to make them accept us and not simply disown us or something. So sorry, we should be able to just say, "I'm gay and I'm marring this girl" and they shouldn't have any saying in the matter. In fact they should be happy not angry by default unless "I'll come out in the right way".

Of course they don't have any say. The issue here is whether or not you want to maintain a good relationship with them. You, yourself, said that coming out in a good way is necessary when dealing with homophobic people. Whether or not we should be able to just say things without emotional consequences is irrelevant when human nature is to get emotional. So yes, it would be nice if we could all come out and have everyone be nice and accepting, but that's not always what you can realistically expect. All I'm saying is, maybe don't rub it in their faces immediately after breaking the news.

That being said, the MC was kind of fed up with them anyway, so it worked out.

Fb_img_1479131434796
joined Oct 6, 2014

This kinda hits a bit close to home.

My parents weren't as extreme as Machi's are (although there are actually some who are like that) but there was always that extreme pressure to be the best at anything. And even when you're the best in your class, they'll find someone to compare you. That line about not getting the 10 points so you'd have a perfect score? Heard it a million times. It's exhausting and it builds up within you because they're your parents and you can't lash out.

So when adulthood comes, there's your chance at freedom.

I don't get it. If Machi wanted her parents to back off, so much that she would risk alienating them, why wouldn't she just tell them back the foxtrot-uniform-charlie-kilo off?

Oh you sweet summer child. I'm sure that was what Machi originally wanted, but that's just not as easy for those living in Asian countries. You don't actually get to be free when you're 18. They're your family and they will always poke their noses in your business, especially about marriage. And the culture is going to lynch you if you abandon them.

Even though Machi said she doesn't want to be bothered, it's not really something you can just shake off one day miraculously. It's the pressure. The expectations. The hellish idea that someone is trying to control your life (or not, I may just be projecting here). Anyway, that was the vibe I got from Machi's nightmare. Does Hana also have these expectations from her? Where is it going to lead? What's going to happen when she can't give those things to her? Is she going to be indebted to Hana because she might save her from her family?

I started to dislike Machi, when I found out, she already shot poor Hana down. It's just cruel to put Hana in that situation. Even if it was Hana's idea. Hana is obviously hoping something is going to happen, and her heart will be broken all over again when it doesn't.

I really disagree with this. It felt more like Hana steamrolled into Machi's life like this. Hana might be the one foolishly building this fantasy and just dragging Machi along with her during a time when Machi is dealing with something big. The whole premise of Hana makes me feel like she's someone who's taking advantage of the situation. I know it's hard to see a lesbian not get her happy ending, but putting all the blame on Machi isn't really fair.

WELL. That's gotta be my longest Dynasty post though I'm not surprised it was this artist that brought it out in me.

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

And here I was expecting a comedy from the name.

joined Aug 15, 2015

I was expected something funny or light hearted too until I saw the characters and figured who could've been the artist.

And even when you're the best in your class, they'll find someone to compare you. That line about not getting the 10 points so you'd have a perfect score? Heard it a million times. It's exhausting and it builds up within you because they're your parents and you can't lash out.

That is the only Asian family I know and grew up in. Parents expect kid to be the best of everything, worked hard, forbid relationship, then instantly expect to be a grandparent right after kid graduated.

last edited at Apr 27, 2018 10:47PM

joined Apr 12, 2014

i like it so far

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

That looks promising.

About legal stuff. As far as I'm aware same-sex marriage is only legal in some districts in Japan and it isn't the same as normal marriage so it isn't official in entire Japan, which I think is what Hana is referring to here. Anyone here able to confirm this for me?

Reading comments here in this very forum from other folks better informed than me, I believe you are correct. Not only that, but Shibuya is one of the five districts which have made it quasi legal.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

My parents weren't as extreme as Machi's are (although there are actually some who are like that) but there was always that extreme pressure to be the best at anything. And even when you're the best in your class, they'll find someone to compare you. That line about not getting the 10 points so you'd have a perfect score? Heard it a million times. It's exhausting and it builds up within you because they're your parents and you can't lash out.

So when adulthood comes, there's your chance at freedom.

I don't get it. If Machi wanted her parents to back off, so much that she would risk alienating them, why wouldn't she just tell them back the foxtrot-uniform-charlie-kilo off?

Oh you sweet summer child. I'm sure that was what Machi originally wanted, but that's just not as easy for those living in Asian countries. You don't actually get to be free when you're 18. They're your family and they will always poke their noses in your business, especially about marriage. And the culture is going to lynch you if you abandon them.

Even though Machi said she doesn't want to be bothered, it's not really something you can just shake off one day miraculously. It's the pressure. The expectations. The hellish idea that someone is trying to control your life (or not, I may just be projecting here). Anyway, that was the vibe I got from Machi's nightmare. Does Hana also have these expectations from her? Where is it going to lead? What's going to happen when she can't give those things to her? Is she going to be indebted to Hana because she might save her from her family?

I started to dislike Machi, when I found out, she already shot poor Hana down. It's just cruel to put Hana in that situation. Even if it was Hana's idea. Hana is obviously hoping something is going to happen, and her heart will be broken all over again when it doesn't.

I really disagree with this. It felt more like Hana steamrolled into Machi's life like this. Hana might be the one foolishly building this fantasy and just dragging Machi along with her during a time when Machi is dealing with something big. The whole premise of Hana makes me feel like she's someone who's taking advantage of the situation. I know it's hard to see a lesbian not get her happy ending, but putting all the blame on Machi isn't really fair.

WELL. That's gotta be my longest Dynasty post though I'm not surprised it was this artist that brought it out in me.

Yes Hana is pushing this. That's one of the warning signs, that Machi should turn her down. If someone keeps asking to "hang out" with you after you tell them you're not interested, then one day you suddenly decide to accept their invitation, they'll get the wrong idea. Even if you make it clear, THIS IS NOT A DATE, they will see an open door to more. That's lonely person 101.

last edited at Apr 28, 2018 12:08AM

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

What the heck was with this https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/i_decided_to_fake_a_marriage_with_my_junior_to_shut_my_parents_up_ch01#31
Like why'd she compare the mother with her... I mean sure she's pushy but..... Her parents are assholes it doesn't seem fair

Pity
joined Jan 11, 2014

Reading Kodama's work is like open a jack-in-the-box. This will either take a really shitty turn like NTR or it'll be another Renai Manga.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Reading Kodama's work is like open a jack-in-the-box. This will either take a really shitty turn like NTR or it'll be another Renai Manga.

I'm guessing somewhere in between, but probably closer to Renai Manga. Even in the first chapter there's a ton of that thick, gooey drama that Kodama Naoko loves so much, but it feels more like a lead-up to the character drama in Renai Manga than towards the hilarious soap opera of NTR.

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

the credit page lol, anyone knows it's source ? i'm sure i've seen it somewhere.

Im willing to bet, it must be one of maitake's xD

joined Dec 4, 2016

I'm guessing somewhere in between, but probably closer to Renai Manga. Even in the first chapter there's a ton of that thick, gooey drama that Kodama Naoko loves so much, but it feels more like a lead-up to the character drama in Renai Manga than towards the hilarious soap opera of NTR.

Citrus and NTR. I wonder people having problem with it's melodrama or I bet it's the dudes role in manga. Me, I don't mind drama in fact I love it sometimes, but I hate the dudes.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Really interesting premise. When I saw all the comments saying who the author was, I felt more iffy but I think I'll hold back my judgement. Hana can be a lot less innocent than she seems at first. The way she was trying to push those boundaries was a bit cringey. But I respect a story who can pull that sort of character off.

Waiting for more.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I read a pair of books, by A. E. Dooland. They where about an Asian living in Australia, She was an artist working for a soul crushing corporation, and dating very nice guy, that she really didn't love, just to make her mother back in South Korea happy. By the end the main character, finally told her mother I love you, but my life is my life.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Well, liking it a lot so far. Hope it doesn't turn nasty. Thanks, Chaosteam.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Well this has my attention I thought from the tittle this was going to be just some dumb fun but then the beat dropped.

I hope she doesn't call her senpai throughout the entire manga, that would really bug me.

I guess prefectures quasi legalizing same sex couples is similar to how it was done in the States.
Still haven't read NTR would you recommend that I start it?

last edited at Apr 28, 2018 2:33AM

joined Jul 12, 2017

I liked the name of the manga. i decided to watch this

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

I sure missed Stretch...

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

The couple who were in the real-life manga about being married and having a child eventually divorced. So, at some point, Japanese yuri will also have divorce themes.

spoiler please

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Hmmm. Why do I feel like sempai isn't even a lesbian and is being cornered into being one?

And to me, it looks like she's fed up with having to meet expectations and pressure, so she thrives to be alone, which is exactly what her "wife" denies her.

last edited at Apr 28, 2018 3:37AM

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

From the title, I was expecting another Mochi Au Laid 4-pager.

I feel like if this was Mochi they wouldn't have faked it

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Wow I was hesitant because of Kodama but I see that adult life tag. Im interested in this one. I can see the drama and it looks delicious.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

From the title, I was expecting another Mochi Au Laid 4-pager.

I feel like if this was Mochi they wouldn't have faked it

If this was Mochi, she would have married her sister instead.

A promising start, looking forward to reading the rest of it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.