Forum › I decided to fake a marriage with my junior (♀️) to shut my parents up discussion

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Nope. Knowing this mangaka's other works, I would rather avoid this until it's finished and I know whether it has a happy ending or not

Care to explain what about the mangka's other works makes you worried about this one (with spoiler tags if needed)?

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

Oooooo this is going somewhere! Pretty up beat for Kodama, nice change of pace tho! Got a few more giggles out of it than previous work. Looking forward to more and some coloured pics as well. Bless you Chaosteam

Alpha%20avatar
joined Nov 13, 2015

The couple who were in the real-life manga about being married and having a child eventually divorced. So, at some point, Japanese yuri will also have divorce themes.

spoiler please

I was greatly sadden whe I read about that break up. It was a blow to my faith in yuri love.

If it helps at all, Husky and Medley are still together and as happy as ever.

joined Jun 28, 2017

I was gonna write, knowing Naoko that this would end up with the black haired girl being revealed to have debilitating psychological problems and ending up a broken tearfull mess who needs the blonde girl to save her from life or something like that as usual, but I was still willing to give it a chance. It's nice of her to make it clear from the start that my expectations were well founded, so I don't have waste my time on this :)

Dynasty%20avatar
joined Sep 10, 2017

Might as well pray for the moon to crash in your backyard and turn out to be made entirely of delicious cheese.

Well you never know. Perhaps while traveling from space to crash on Earth the Moon undergoes some chemical / nuclear reaction and turns into cheese? It is all just about protons and electrons (and probably neutrons) my friend wink The possibility is always there, so I won't lose my hopes just yet

titiwithmilk
4888529%20_49b062906260ad84b9c4ba29a3fc40d1
joined Jul 25, 2014

as long as it's not ntr anything's fine :D

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Well you never know. Perhaps while traveling from space to crash on Earth the Moon undergoes some chemical / nuclear reaction and turns into cheese? It is all just about protons and electrons (and probably neutrons) my friend wink The possibility is always there, so I won't lose my hopes just yet

Let me know. I'll bring crackers.

Nep%20u
joined Mar 15, 2017

I haven't read any other Kodama works besides Renai Manga because all I've heard are bad things so I'm interested in this but I'm also kinda scared because I don't know what to expect.

I guess join the ride but I'm gonna play safe and every new chapter released I'll read the comments first before reading the chapter. I'm prepared to ABORT on the first instance of angst.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Oh-oh...I just found out about Kodama's new work. This one doesn't seem nearly as angsty as NTR or the other ones. Either way, I'll be keeping an eye to it. Kinda gives me Miss Kobayashi vibes

joined Dec 10, 2017

Shouldn't this have the Marriage tag?

joined Jun 30, 2016

Well here we go! im usually tired of these cliches but with these we can see if Hana really loves Machi and what kind of person she really is.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

I'll ship the meddling mother with the interfering ex. That'd be refreshingly different.

ypassionnate
joined Apr 29, 2018

seriously ?!! what kind of disgusting reasoning is that?! "she's going to get married become pregnant and quit" so don't give her big task because she's just a breeding cow to be??? am i the only one who got mad a this sexist way of thinking?

last edited at Jun 4, 2018 3:40PM

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

Not too much drama! neat!
reads the last part of chapter 2
oh...oh no

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Nope. Knowing this mangaka's other works, I would rather avoid this until it's finished and I know whether it has a happy ending or not

i mean kodama´s work usually ends up in a "happy end" the issue is that most of her works are full of unecesary drama angst and overall are very cringy and trash (except renai manga renai maga is kinda ok)
i´m really enjoying this one since i can relate to machi-senpai and i like the setting but i´m afraid that turns into a over the top cringy drama like kodama´s other work´s

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

seriously ?!! what kind of disgusting reasoning is that?! "she's going to get married become pregnant and quit" so give her big task becuase she's just a breeding cow to be??? am i the only one who got mad a this sexist way of thinking?

welcome to asian culture

ypassionnate
joined Apr 29, 2018

seriously ?!! what kind of disgusting reasoning is that?! "she's going to get married become pregnant and quit" so give her big task becuase she's just a breeding cow to be??? am i the only one who got mad a this sexist way of thinking?

welcome to asian culture

i knew they treat women like shit in asian countries but god!! that still hurt!

last edited at Jun 4, 2018 3:50PM

Vashu
joined Apr 2, 2017

Some cliche ladykiller ex girlfriendshit about to go down :/ Such a lame trope. dampened the rest of the chapter that was looking up.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

Oh boy here we go. Damn you and your drama Kodama! But I love it... im super interested to see where this goes. Also Machi is a super relatable protag

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I'll ship the meddling mother with the interfering ex. That'd be refreshingly different.

hahaha i would like to see this happen

Images%20(2)
joined Feb 9, 2016

Crazy ex gf has appeared!

run away
fight

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

As usual, it's got a good, solid concept, but I'm getting kinda worried about this drama that seems to be coming up. Hopefully she's been in contact with other mangaka who've been able to give her advice about avoiding drama that serves no purpose. I can definitely see this dramas as having purpose, though. Maybe she's been talking to Nakatani lol

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

So the mainstream Kodama Naoko reasserts herself, alas. She is a devotee of the Painful Drama gods, after all. The fluffier she makes her bunnies, the quicker you have to singe that off to barbecue them alive on the skewers.

joined Jul 26, 2016

seriously ?!! what kind of disgusting reasoning is that?! "she's going to get married become pregnant and quit" so don't give her big task because she's just a breeding cow to be??? am i the only one who got mad a this sexist way of thinking?

You'd be surprised what kinds of hurdles the possibility of mere maternity leave can raise even in the most progressive Western countries, then. And near as I've heard Japanese childcare support systems are still basically built around the housewife paradigm so...

That's rather less actual sexism than simply hedging your bets in the face of certain biological realities (ie. human pregancies are somewhat disabling) and related archaic social policies (ie. kids need a lot of looking after and if the family is expected to mostly do it themselves...).

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I can affirm that the paradigm of only working till marriage and then work me are you kidding is still alive in Japan for women. A man who doesn't meet that expectation either won't find a wife or will be in for a very miserable marriage. But that said, there have been tons of career women for at least 20 years, so, depending on the field, that would be outrageous and she could easily complain. The problem is if it's a company where the women are mostly OLs simply waiting out their time before marriage, she's the odd one out and even all the women there wouldn't support her making a fuss. Notice what she actually did, though: she tested the waters by more or less insisting on working on the very account they were dubious about. That does two things - it forces their decision into the light (which usually changes a Japanese business decision) and it gives a signal she's not just waiting to get married and quit working. Kodama Naoko likes strong women characters, I think - look at the publisher of Renai Manga basically saying "work or marriage is bullshit, girls."

To reply you must either login or sign up.