Forum › Let's Start With a Friend discussion

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Otsu Hiyori hype train engaged.

joined Apr 15, 2013

It says "dropped" on the series page. Does that mean that nobody is working on the series any more? (that's what that usually means)

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

It says "dropped" on the series page. Does that mean that nobody is working on the series any more? (that's what that usually means)

That's what it means. There are a few chapters left - Turtleduck (the group who did it before) is dead, so who really knows if the rest will ever be translated.

joined Jan 22, 2015

I really do love how Akira's brother takes the time to help his sister despite still trying to find his own way in life.

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

If "dropped" means it was dropped by the scanlator, then is "abandoned" when the series was canceled?

joined Mar 18, 2016

So I don't want to be that person that has to always find a Yuri ship.....but is it just me or is there something between the MC and Chizuru?

Welp, either way, otsu hiyori is amazing and I've just been waiting for this particular work to get on here. Hope one day it'll be picked back up

joined Nov 26, 2017

I find it cliche but it definitely is good.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

So I don't want to be that person that has to always find a Yuri ship.....but is it just me or is there something between the MC and Chizuru?

That was the only reason I read it, lolz! The tall shy girl and the cute tomgirl =happy times! There's still hope I think, and possible yaoi for her brother...

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

If "dropped" means it was dropped by the scanlator, then is "abandoned" when the series was canceled?

Dropped means dropped by the scanlator. Canceled means canceled by the artist/publisher. Abandoned means...both? We put it into play when dealing with series by dead scanlators, but it's also been used on series that were seemingly abandoned by their artist's as well. I'm not sure the distinction is actually worthwhile, so maybe we'll get rid of the Abandoned tag before too long and replace all those with one or the other.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I thought Abandoned was where the scan group just plain disappeared without any official word on dropping series. It does amount to pretty much these same thing though.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Wait i'm so confused, why do all the released dates appear to be in 2015/2016 when it was recently posted here?

Unless I've always misunderstood, and the released dates mean when the actual work was published online or in stores.

last edited at Feb 7, 2018 12:40PM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Kat_2205 posted:

Nah, this work is just as gay as her other works and there seems to be some subtext. MC seems to be interested in Chizuru without realizing it. That being said, work only has 2 volumes with 14 chapters and they seems to end without any actual paring so I wouldn't get my hopes too high.

RuneHex posted:

Unless I've always misunderstood, and the released dates mean when the actual work was published online or in stores.

Yes. That is exactly that. Dynasty uses the date when work was first released by scanlation group. So if they upload something that was out for few years, it will have that date instead (personally it just make it really confusing and is not too practical).

last edited at Feb 7, 2018 12:48PM

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Akira's difficulty in understanding her own emotions and the meaning of them for other people borders on actual disorder.

Also, with 11/14 chapters having no end of plot (or even the middle of plot) in sight, what are the chances this series was axed?

joined Mar 15, 2017

Also, with 11/14 chapters having no end of plot (or even the middle of plot) in sight, what are the chances this series was axed?

The way it ends, it was almost certainly a case of cancellation. Especially the serialization ended at chapter #13 and the tank then had an extra chapter numbered as #18.

Tsw118
joined Feb 27, 2015

Seeing Ch.13 now, it doesn't even feel like "axed", more like "suddenly hit by a japanese truck".

45b4e36d555ca184502130f8249354c2--flcl-furi-kuri2
joined Jul 19, 2018

Ouch, so that really was the end? It was slow paced but good.

lucas_martinss67
joined Jun 1, 2015

not even subtext?

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

That was..disappointingly dull.

joined Jan 6, 2014

aki is my spirit animal

joined Feb 18, 2015

Um... so chapter 13 is the END end? That's kind of... and OPEN end... So I guess the series was canceled and totally unfinis,,.

Xdff
joined Jul 16, 2017

End?
...no
no
NOOOOOOOOO

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That was underwhelming.

But then, it was published in Zero-Sum Ward, which doesn't do yuri. Only Shoujo and Josei.

I have a hunch it got poor ratings, most probably because author wasn't free to do yuri.

PS: just noticed that Ichijinsha owns both Comic Yuri Hime and Zero-Sum Ward. Meaning, they never intended it to be yuri, or they would have published it in CYH.

last edited at Aug 9, 2018 5:05AM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I really liked this, but the pacing was a mess. It was hard to tell where this was going. At first it looked like a drama about Akira's trouble making friends. Then it seemed like the story would switch between Akira and her brother, but that was dropped after a few chapters. There were some hints about a romance between her and the guy who sits next to her. And then it was the photography club and finally the issue with the cafe.

I can see why this was cancelled. It really was a mess of a series, and took so long to get going that even after it's over I have no idea what the core of this story was.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Ah, I should've skipped this one, if anything it was nothing but het, can't really say any sign of interest means "I like you in a romantic way" they just had a friendship that would last.

Ke%20(5)
joined Feb 10, 2016

I've been queerbaited

To reply you must either login or sign up.