Forum › Let's Start With a Friend discussion

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I've been queerbaited

Not at all.

Definite, definite Yuri Crush given how anguished Akira was every time Chizuru went boy-crazy. Why not when Ami had a boyfriend? Because she wasn't in love with Ami, is why.

She might have had feelings for Maki, too, but that isn't as clear, because Maki was her only friend in the world, and she suddenly hated her for no apparent reason and never said why, out of the blue, which would depress anyone.

It's also a slow developing series, though.

But if this series had continued, only the president of the photo club would be a possible real love interest for Akira. And that would take a long time, because she's too kind to steal the vice president's crush away from him. He's a very nice guy, but if one or more of the other two girls in the club dated him, that would give Akira a straight shot. So to speak.

In all seriousness, is anyone reading this and thinking Akira ISN'T into girls? Seriously?

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Akira's difficulty in understanding her own emotions and the meaning of them for other people borders on actual disorder.

I think that's deliberate. She does have some sort of disorder. Her story is, overall, quite pitiful. Hitorobocchi and Watamote have MC's with similar disorders. They tend to call it a couple of things, both of which are translated as social anxiety disorder in English.

She only made one friend in elementary through middle school, and that friend abandoned her. Instead of socializing, she seems to have spent all her time on ballet, then suddenly dropped it "for exams." I.e., abandoned years and years of her life. Whoever convinced her to do that did her no favor.

That's why Chizuru's remark kind of hurts her - for her, it's a HUGE DEAL that she could talk to people casually that she didn't know very well. That's why she has to PRACTICE talking to people all the time. Plus, of course, her crush is very insensitive. I wouldn't say Chizuru has a disorder, but damn, she really can't read moods.

On the plus side, she could probably have sex with Chizuru and her only response would be, "Akira, you aren't gay or anything, are you? Oh good, just checking."

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

I didn't know this existed until now. Akira is precious and must be protected at all cost.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Rereading this, I think the same thing as before. The first two volumes went all over the place, so it's not surprising that it just kinda ends like that. But man, I really wish there was more.

joined Aug 8, 2020

Rereading this, I think the same thing as before. The first two volumes went all over the place, so it's not surprising that it just kinda ends like that. But man, I really wish there was more.

I do think this series had some potential, the cast of central characters is strong, and there were a lot of good story threads, but it got off to a bit of a rocky start, as the story seemed a little disorganized, and seemed like it was held back by not being able to fully explore some themes.

To reply you must either login or sign up.