Forum › Yuunagi Marbled discussion

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

DAMN YOU MOMONO, STOP TROWING CURVES AT ME

And that is why teacher-student relationships are not acceptable in real life. Sometimes it is real not love, just molestation.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Ena must have anti-drama antibodies in her blood or something.
She's just too good at undoing angst.
This girl is a damn miracle.

So where is the line between good characters that are beloved, and good Merry Sues that are despised?

last edited at Feb 2, 2018 5:40PM by

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

So where is the line between good characters that are beloved, and good Merry Sues that are despised?

It's the extent to which the character is overly successful at everything they do, vs. mainly succeeding at 1-2 things they focus on at a time like real life humans.

All Ena has done is handle her girlfriend in a reasonable manner. A very attainable goal, but still an admirable one.

9a905fe6a22b0201f7ade2de48a73f8d
joined Jan 22, 2014

Sooo, any idea, why is it called "Yuunagi Marbled"? I don't recall anyone called "Yuunagi", but it definitely feels like a name.

joined May 20, 2013

First I wanted to ask about what was up with the nurse in chapter 5. Then read it again... Back then, and even after the suicide was revealed, she sounded sarcastic. After this, she sounds genuinely glad for Mishio, with maybe too little faith in lesbian relationships for a moment (then she apologizes for that). Very nice turn as long as the writing goes, although at the cost of Rika-sensei's demise in the reader's eyes. I still wonder how sudden of an idea for Mishio that lie about the suicide was. Did she think Ena won't be able to find out the truth, or won't even dare bring it up with the nurse whose best friend she "was?" Good those things got kind of resolved already, now Ena can focus on helping Mishio move on completely from those awful memories. I'm glad she didn't manage to kill herself...

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Something I thought about in this chapter is that if someone I cared about did to me what Mishio did to Ena, then as soon as I found out I would walk away and never speak to them again.

However, as a narrative, I really like that Rika-sensei hadn't killed herself, and that Mishio was lying. This is the second time the story really surprised me (the first time was when Tachibana-sensei revealed she wasn't Mishio's ex after those very unsubtle hints), and this one really puts everything we knew about Mishio in a new light. It reinforces the impression that her "cool" or "dark" exterior is just an impression (perhaps one she cultivates deliberately), and really she's just very scared and lonely.

Maybe in chapter 6, when they go to the beach, Mishio was deciding what to say to Ena the whole time, and her overly dramatic lines ("We could die tomorrow") were intentional, to sort of build up to the lie she was going to tell. And it backfired on her, since (for a day at least) it made Ena far more cautious around her.

And I like that a story with so many references to suicide (starting from the first page), the actual suicide turns out to be made-up.

last edited at Feb 2, 2018 7:40PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

The thing is all Ena is really doing is being a reasonable person with a fairly solid level of emotional intelligence. There's nothing unbelievable or unrealistic about her ability to handle the conflicts presented to her because she just behaves like a sane human being with functional social skills unlike a lot of other yuri heroines which is what a lot of readers find so endearing about her.

joined Dec 26, 2016

Kyoot

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

hihihi
wut an awkward kiss lol

Ilove this story so much!

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

well, this is why u don't associate urself with bisexual lol

joined Jul 11, 2015

PLEASEEEEE SAY IT'S TRUE THAT THIS SERIES IS STILL ONGOING T.T

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Ah yes. I just need the two of you to f...loooool

last edited at Feb 2, 2018 9:07PM

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

You mean horrible people?? It has nothing to do with bisexuality.

Bd-9rivccaa0cut
joined Aug 10, 2015

The thing is all Ena is really doing is being a reasonable person with a fairly solid level of emotional intelligence. There's nothing unbelievable or unrealistic about her ability to handle the conflicts presented to her because she just behaves like a sane human being with functional social skills unlike a lot of other yuri heroines which is what a lot of readers find so endearing about her.

Basically.

I love the genre, but sometimes I kinda find myself having to swallow some pretty silly tropes a bit too often, things that the average person would probably figure out with a few seconds of rational thought.

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

Did Mishio become the 3rd party knowing that the sensei already dating someone?

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

This is so good, I hope the previous drama gets compensated with some sweet moments for this cute couple in the upcoming chapters.

joined Apr 26, 2016

Go fuck yourself

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

I like how this author plays with yuri stereotypes and makes use of "imply dramatic situation" here all the time and it turns out its not nearly as dramatic as the reader expects it to be from previous experiences in other similar stories. very refreshing.

joined Nov 14, 2013

Sooo, any idea, why is it called "Yuunagi Marbled"? I don't recall anyone called "Yuunagi", but it definitely feels like a name.

"Yuunagi" usually means something like "Evening Calm", and if we assume "Marbled" refers to clouds, that pretty much describes the setting when Ena and Mishio first met.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

I don't know if I should be angry or impressed. At least that explains the flatness behind the 'revelation'. I want to fucking punch Mishio though. And that's not a good thing.

This I consider to be worse writing than if the author had played every cliche straight. To use shock value as the driving force of a story, and mental health of all things, and purposefully misleading foreshadowing - I understand playing with readers using preconceptions, but not in this stupidly heavy-handed way. It's pulling the rug out from underneath because you can and not because there's any point to it. Honestly what is the point of this story?

last edited at Feb 3, 2018 4:51AM

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

Haha I'm torn between several feelings: surprised that it did not get too heavy, relief that it did not get heavy, and disappointed that it did not get heavy.

I didn't know this was possible. Anyway, Ena is <3

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

not this plot again!!!

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

lmao this actually happened to me irl, my ex lied about her little brother dying in a car accident

last edited at Feb 3, 2018 8:16AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.