Forum › Motto Hanjuku Joshi discussion

joined Jun 22, 2017

Consider it's been almost a decade between series, perhaps it's just easing in the readers?

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

This isn't a series I ever really thought needed a sequel to be honest. First chapter was by no means incredible either, though I wouldn't call it necessarily bad either. As out of place as it might seem at first glance Yae being insecure about her relationship with Chitose isn't actually all that new. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out though.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Hey, so long as I get more Mari x Ran, I'm good.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

God I hope the plot of this isn't here's some random man for the more insecure girlfriend to get jealous over becuase im sick of that trope.

Oh ye of little faith. These youngsters who don't know how to properly worship Morishima Akiko, honestly. Like she ever lets a male character get in the way.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I'm finding I really don't care if anything much is happening in this. I'm not expecting it to be a classic like the original, I'm just pleased to be saying hi to old friends, as it were.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^I agree with this too - I think this will just be a more fluffy not so serious follow on you can enjoy because of the characters you grew to love in part 1 - as apposed to any great work with new ground to break in the yuri genre.

If so I'm fine with that :) Just so long as it doesn't mess up the good work and message of part 1 either.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

elevown posted:

If so I'm fine with that :) Just so long as it doesn't mess up the good work and message of part 1 either.

This is really my only concern. So long as that doesn't happen then it's all good even if it really doesn't accomplish anything. I do hope the other two (I want to say it was Ran and Mari or something close to that? Been awhile since I last read it) from the previous one get some screen time like someone mentioned earlier.

Random Wanderer
Gatchaman%20hajime
joined Dec 3, 2016

...Man, now I need to go reread the original. Again.

Not that that's a bad thing.

last edited at Jan 14, 2018 4:55PM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Perhaps this new series will focus more on the senpai from the fencing club? It's just a thought, though I having a feeling it won't.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Kase-san/Hanjuku Joshi crossover when?

Totes wanna see Chitose and Kase comparing notes and Yae and Yamada being squealy girls together.

joined Jun 27, 2017

That was some big downgrade. Did previous series and 1 year of dating not happen? Why the first chapter is about "you will surely get a boyfriend" and "but we are both girls"? That was pretty disappointing for first chapter of sequel.

Yeah, that trope needs to die out as soon as possible, as far as I'm concerned. Same with Kase-san sequel. "But we're both girls" and "can we date?" You had sex, for crying out loud.

But:

I hope the teacher and the other girl make an appearance again.

last edited at Jan 15, 2018 1:09PM

joined Feb 18, 2015

Yae was always a bit insecure, so it isn't entirely out of the blue that she would be worried about Chitose getting swept away by a guy with the way the sempai was talking in her club. It's still a bit odd, given that they both have clearly expressed their preference before, but Yae knows that Chitose has been at the all-girl's school the whole time, unlike her.

It's great to see Chitose hasn't gotten any more subtle! "I see. You think I'll start wanting a boy's **** in me?" LOL! That's what she's worried about, yeah...

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Motto hanjuku joshi???? As in there's more?!!! Oh my god I just orgasmef ehay the fuck

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

I think what's bugging me about this, to the extent that anything is, is that it's way more fluffy so far than the original. The first Hanjuku Joshi had a lot under the surface about self-discovery, navigating your first serious relationship and, to some degree, grappling with the idea that being a lesbian is okay. So far, this one doesn't seem to have much of any of that.

i think it s ok for this one to be fluffy and being on another note
i dont think the series needs to treat the same themes that the first hanjuku joshi did since the original give a propper development and ending to the themes you just metioned maybe something could be improved but i think overall hanjuku joshi was a pretty complete manga
what i mean is that the first was practically a 10/10 and making the same is just unnecesary
i think this sequel is going to be just fanservice seeing again your favorite characters and see new things about them

last edited at Jan 18, 2018 12:28AM

joined Nov 26, 2017

Too excited for the sequel. Kyah!

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

you know what s sad
the fact that this thread already has more coments than the thread of the original
people need to read the first hanjuku joshi is one of my top 10 yuri mangas

joined Jul 26, 2016

"You think I'll start wanting a boy's **** in me?"

...Chitose's been talking with Mari-sempai again hasn't she. Also ten on the buchou having figured them out.

last edited at Jan 18, 2018 5:33AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

"You think I'll start wanting a boy's **** in me?"

...Chitose's been talking with Mari-sempai again hasn't she. Also ten on the buchou having figured them out.

Chitose was always ridiculously blunt. Remember the scene where she starts asking about fingering girls while jogging with Edogawa-sensei?

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Chitose was always ridiculously blunt. Remember the scene where she starts asking about fingering girls while jogging with Edogawa-sensei?

I especially loved Chitose's face in the follow-up panel. One of the funniest things I've read in manga.

last edited at Jan 18, 2018 9:35AM

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

I'm so late to this whole series, but I'm glad I at least found it! Love this first chapter already..time to go read the original series..

joined Feb 1, 2013

Yae and Chitose are our precious babies! The fact that the original manga got a sequel gives me hope. The only thing I can think of that would make me even happier is if Gokujo Drops got a sequel!

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

OMGOD! Yosh! More hanjuku Joshi! Defs best Yuri I've read hands down! HAPPEEE! And lol that futanari convo

last edited at Feb 9, 2018 4:53AM

joined Jan 4, 2014

Fencing is a sport for refined ladies and gentlemen.

Absolutely lost it at that one...

Img_20150911_005715
joined Sep 10, 2015

I'm waiting for the studentxteacher tag to come out xDDD

GendoIkari Uploader
Tsuglenda
joined Aug 10, 2011

Whenever I see the series title all I can think of is the scene from Inherent Vice

last edited at Mar 17, 2018 11:46PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.