Forum › Honey Method / The Girls' Party discussion

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Well that was super mired in heteronormativity.

Kat%202
joined Mar 6, 2012

What the heck

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

Nice but I am not feeling good about this story lol.

joined Aug 11, 2014

I mean, it definitely was, but that was also the entire reason their relationship fell apart, and overcoming those assumptions and dropping their self-enforced masculine/feminine roles is what allowed them to actually see and love each other properly, so... Good?

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Wew lad. If that ended several pages earlier I would've been mad, but now I'm only a bit miffed about the guy hookup. But watever, Yuri won, that's whats important.

Also what's up with this TL group's hatred towards Citrus? I know some people dislike it but to rag on it in every credit page on every TL work you're doing seems a bit petty imo.

Him
joined Feb 21, 2013

This was a weird one. I felt like they got back together way too easily, like right after Mio hooks up with that guy Sakura just swoops in and takes her back again, not even minutes after he leaves.

joined Jul 11, 2015

at least it got a happy ending :D hahahahahahahahaha sigh

joined Jun 30, 2016

This was horrible!

Stretch%20full
joined Jun 13, 2012

So now the Prince or ex-prince is two-timing now?

joined May 20, 2013

This was horrible!

Messed up, sure... Horrible? Well... If someone isn't only into it for the "pure" (fetishist's?) yuri, then considering that at least Mio is apparently Bisexual (though everything points toward that Sakura may also be), it was a possible way for her to get out of that situation. Which would've worked better if there was no real other love interest (of either gender) to keep their bond more romantic. While I thought this through, however, I realized that Mio was actually Cheating on Masato (the guy) at the end. At that point it started becoming horrible for me too, instead of just ignorable.

Their relationship's problems (miscommunication, lack of confidence, dealing with hetero-normative external and internal expectations), while the realistic kind I don't really like to see in manga in addition to the real world, were interesting, and could have been solved better. I don't like soccer either, though, so I don't mind that I have no reason to read it again because of a better story.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

'Bissexual'
'Cheating'
'Aaaaangst'
'Drama'
'Tomboy'

last edited at Jan 13, 2018 9:32PM

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Like some other people thought, I got annoyed by all the cliche "prince-y" stuff and whatnot, but I think it all made sense by the end of the story when she realized that she was screwing over her relationship with Mio by making such heteronormative assumptions. It was nice that they reconciled by the end... although she did cheat on her boyfriend, so that wasn't really good. Eh, better than her ending up with a guy though, I guess, I'd be super annoyed if Sakura just decided to run away as one does instead of confronting the problem head-on.

Also, I gotta say, that 'nante' thing in the credits page confused the hell out of me... I read up a bit more on it, and it makes more sense now since I've read some examples, but I'm now confused by how to actually incorporate it into sentences... well, if I want to know, I guess I have to learn Japanese.

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

I mean, it definitely was, but that was also the entire reason their relationship fell apart, and overcoming those assumptions and dropping their self-enforced masculine/feminine roles is what allowed them to actually see and love each other properly, so... Good?

Good.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Honestly, I don't mind that much. Sure, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth, but heteronormativity has been so deeply integrated into the mindsets of so many people that I actually have seen this happening all over.

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

Honestly, I don't mind that much. Sure, it leaves a bad taste in the mouth, but heteronormativity has been so deeply integrated into the mindsets of so many people that I actually have seen this happening all over.

This story is still horrible even if it was het.
Sakura: I love you but I want to married someone else. What? You breaking up with me? It's supposed to be I breaking up with you! Unacceptable! Then, I can fine anyone better than you so I will just ruin your current relationship for my own happyness.

Therefore, I declare her, a THOT.

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Wew lad. If that ended several pages earlier I would've been mad, but now I'm only a bit miffed about the guy hookup. But watever, Yuri won, that's whats important.

Also what's up with this TL group's hatred towards Citrus? I know some people dislike it but to rag on it in every credit page on every TL work you're doing seems a bit petty imo.

It's just harmless fun in a long running gag.

joined Jan 4, 2014

Good.

Quoting for truth. Good.

A050c715-12ad-47a0-a5a0-e1654299fd79-4759-000005257e7af72a
joined Dec 22, 2015

Unrealistic

joined Dec 26, 2016

I feel like the yuri community is small enough without ragging on the works it does have just my opinion

Whatever helps it grow and become larger is good imo it just means more yuri in the long run

joined Oct 26, 2016

While a bit annoying to read ("I wish you were a guy" spiel + sudden het), I'm glad to see something that questions the whole masculine and feminine role in relationships.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

uh..should a bisexual tag be added?

Unrealistic

Definitely, that's why I kinda like it because of the happy ending and art but it just doesn't make sense

last edited at Jan 14, 2018 1:31AM

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

It was an interesting read. Their perceptions of how they should act in the first chapter were definitely very alarming and almost made me drop the title immediately. Good call on the TL group to lump the continuation together in the same release, I personally would've started throwing around some molotov if it ended without continuing into The Girls' Party. Good for them that they finally worked that shit out in the end. I honestly expected the situation to end up a lot worse than I imagined. Their early couple interactions felt incredibly fake and plastic. Doesn't help the protagonist isn't likable at all.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Well. The alarms were going off when the hetero normative stuff was coming out. Only cause I think people are sick if hearing about it in fiction? Ok I'm not exactly sure what the issue is on this one. Not doubting there is one either. I could guess but I think I will just look it up later.

When she was dumped before she could dump the other gal I thought that was an interesting turn. Then they do "that" behind the back of the other person in the story and I just feel like I do whenever someone does that regardless of what genders are involved. Like having nothing to do with them. thus making me dislike both characters and not honestly caring.

kinda believable though. I guess. Reason enough to be a story.

last edited at Jan 14, 2018 2:18AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.