Forum › Honey Method / The Girls' Party discussion

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Unrealistic

Sure you don't just mean unlikable? Cause that's where I'm at but I could see people floundering through life in this way and arriving at these same conclusions. Messing other people up along the way.

Love your current profile pic by the way. Such a good series.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

The last page Did not only roasted Citrus it burned Citrus

53229346_p8_master1200
joined Jan 19, 2016

Hm I'm surprised, I was genuinely expecting a more depressing ending from the very beginning lol, I wish it could have been longer too because it jumped between scenes pretty fast and the "I'm not gay like Mio" part rubbed me the wrong way. But the last part was pretty interesting though, and I thought of utena as both go against the whole "prince"/"princess" yuri thing hahaha

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Unrealistic

I think it was pretty realistic except for the happy ending part. I really believe that there are women out there like Sakura. That doesn't make her a great person, but you can't always have perfect people in stories. Instead you have character growth here.
Also real people have real abysses in their minds. It just breaks down to how you handle yours.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

"You can have the alcohol you really like."

If that isn't true love, then I don't know what is.

joined Jun 12, 2015

Whoa. This was seriously bad. That twist with tomboy ditching her first was ruined after they showed she went for a guy. Because she wanted to be treated like a girl? Stupid. Waisted. Meh.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Can we stop having yuri stories where every girl seems to be bi?

Also, I seriously feel bad for the guy she dated. Poor fella probably did nothing wrong and gets cheated on.

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Good end, but nope.

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

I like to interpret this not only as a critique of heteronormativity, but also as a slap to forced drama based on poor communication, which are both very common themes in all romance manga as far as I can tell.

If it wasn't for the rushed and badly thought out resolution (with regards to poor Masato mostly) I'd say this was a very good story.

joined Apr 25, 2017

Wew lad. If that ended several pages earlier I would've been mad, but now I'm only a bit miffed about the guy hookup. But watever, Yuri won, that's whats important.

Also what's up with this TL group's hatred towards Citrus? I know some people dislike it but to rag on it in every credit page on every TL work you're doing seems a bit petty imo.

You are my soul-mate. I agree with everything you said. The guy hookup was a needle in the back. And also, why are people so weird. In the comment section of Citrus and any other yuri anime on the anime site i use, there are so many people throwing shade at yuri and saying things like "Great, another fucking yuri anime...". Boi shut your ass up

F6027a7c125b156932db27aa264cfb2a
joined Jul 3, 2015

Yawn...

joined Sep 11, 2014

Sakura is like that number one type of girl lesbians should really fucking avoid. I'm getting traumatic college flashbacks. *Shudders

joined Mar 31, 2017

'Bissexual'
'Cheating'
'Aaaaangst'
'Drama'
'Tomboy'

spot on

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Wew lad. If that ended several pages earlier I would've been mad, but now I'm only a bit miffed about the guy hookup. But watever, Yuri won, that's whats important.

Also what's up with this TL group's hatred towards Citrus? I know some people dislike it but to rag on it in every credit page on every TL work you're doing seems a bit petty imo.

Perhaps you've forgotten why Citrus deserves the shade it gets. The reason Citrus, out of other yuri options, got an anime was because it had a mainstream kind of appeal, which releases like this blow past in a handful of pages. See below. It's nice to read things about relationships and working through them, and when relationships take the focal point of the story.

Besides, they're continuing a long running tradition:
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/an_absurd_relationship_ch08#last

last edited at Jan 15, 2018 10:00AM

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

If the chapter skip implied a time skip, maybe I'd be a bit more accepting of the convenient resolution. As it is, interesting idea with questionable execution due to how quick the resolution was.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

That credit page burn though
OOOOHHJ

SheWhoShallNotBeNamed
2595d35a-146a-454e-9c55-ef77b8657a77
joined May 10, 2016

Not the best....but not the worst either i guess :v

joined Jan 16, 2017

Well. The alarms were going off when the hetero normative stuff was coming out. Only cause I think people are sick if hearing about it in fiction? Ok I'm not exactly sure what the issue is on this one. Not doubting there is one either. I could guess but I think I will just look it up later.

When she was dumped before she could dump the other gal I thought that was an interesting turn. Then they do "that" behind the back of the other person in the story and I just feel like I do whenever someone does that regardless of what genders are involved. Like having nothing to do with them. thus making me dislike both characters and not honestly caring.

kinda believable though. I guess. Reason enough to be a story.

I didn't really get "heteronormative". It seems to me that although they were dating, both didn't think they were bisexual. It wasn't so much that they need to conform to societal standards. Even then though, we don't know if they are only attracted to each other or women in general. Clearly though they have attractions to men as well.

In the end, it's about 2 bisexual girls who are cheating assholes. Kind Netsuzou Trap.

last edited at Jan 17, 2018 12:47PM

Fullsizeoutput_97
joined Jun 2, 2016

I tried to enjoy it but Sakura is a manipulative bitch. She’s the epitome of college girls who mess around with other girls but after they graduate they plan to immediately marry a guy and have a bunch of kids with him. She can’t just skurt Mio because “oh noes they’re both girls, think of the children you monsters!” Then when she’s getting lonely she crawls back to her, yet acts surpised when Mio has found someone she can be herself with. I love yuri but damn if the character isn’t miserable when she with a dude then so be it. I’m actually dumdfounded that Mio even took her back with open arms but at the same time I forgot this is a typical formula in a handful of yuri pieces.

Lomographic Colored Past
74ec91ae-b46c-44be-9b5e-7c40e1fb423d
joined Dec 29, 2016

Okay, this will be put in a folder along with Happy End, never to be opened again.

joined Sep 21, 2014

That credit page tho......10 style points for throwing that in there

last edited at Jan 18, 2018 8:56PM

joined Nov 26, 2017

It's just the ending that makes the story beautiful.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I kinda hate those "cute" characters that get a tomboyish girlfriend as a replacement for a man. Especially this one...

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

This was horrible!

Messed up, sure... Horrible? Well... If someone isn't only into it for the "pure" (fetishist's?) yuri, then considering that at least Mio is apparently Bisexual (though everything points toward that Sakura may also be), it was a possible way for her to get out of that situation. Which would've worked better if there was no real other love interest (of either gender) to keep their bond more romantic. While I thought this through, however, I realized that Mio was actually Cheating on Masato (the guy) at the end. At that point it started becoming horrible for me too, instead of just ignorable.

Their relationship's problems (miscommunication, lack of confidence, dealing with hetero-normative external and internal expectations), while the realistic kind I don't really like to see in manga in addition to the real world, were interesting, and could have been solved better. I don't like soccer either, though, so I don't mind that I have no reason to read it again because of a better story.

I think Sakura was soccer hating, because it reminded her of Mio.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I usually like to see the guy lose, in a yuri story, but for some reason I just felt sorry of Masato. Mio claimed to have liked him, but dropped him, like a hot potato, the second Sakura showed up, with her new pro lesbian sex attitude. Though Mio did say, she was just using him to run away from her and Sakura 's emotionally difficult relationship.
I also disliked Sakura 's insinuation, that sex is only an important part of a relationship to guys. If sex wasn't a big deal to her why was she thinking of breaking up with Mio in the first place.

To reply you must either login or sign up.