Forum › Mikazuki no Carte discussion

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

I love the gratuitous German in the title. It's almost correct.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Chapter 0 should come before chapter 1 and 2.

Chronologically, yes, but these were released after the first two chapters. Basically the first two chapters introduce the characters and ch0 tells us what's going on between them. In terms of narrative, it makes more sense to have them in the released order.

joined Jun 12, 2015

So what? That's supposed to be some kind of twist? That they are not dating for real (I knew it) but rather the kid is on suicide watch? Wasted potential.

last edited at Jan 6, 2018 5:54AM

Untitled%20design
joined Jul 13, 2016

The art style, especially the eyes really remind me of the art style of Sakura trick

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Well, this sounds like a scenario for a perfectly healthy and happy relationship and not problematic at all. At all!

I speak German in a very little way, but looks like the manga would be translated to: "Medical Data Records of Crescent Moon". (Had to help myself with translator).

Correct. The manga subtitle technically isn't ("des" instead of "der"). Now, I'm taking a wild guess and suspect "Medical Data Record" or "Medizinische Datensätze" is actually supposed to be "Krankenakte" (patient record, medical file or something like that). Not that I can be sure, medical data records exist after all.

joined Oct 17, 2016

Well, this sounds like a scenario for a perfectly healthy and happy relationship and not problematic at all. At all!

I speak German in a very little way, but looks like the manga would be translated to: "Medical Data Records of Crescent Moon". (Had to help myself with translator).

Correct. The manga subtitle technically isn't ("des" instead of "der"). Now, I'm taking a wild guess and suspect "Medical Data Record" or "Medizinische Datensätze" is actually supposed to be "Krankenakte" (patient record, medical file or something like that). Not that I can be sure, medical data records exist after all.

Copied from wiki: In the context of a relational database, a row—also called a record or tuple—represents a single, implicitly structured data item in a table. In simple terms, a database table can be thought of as consisting of rows and columns or fields.[1] Each row in a table represents a set of related data, and every row in the table has the same structure.

So Datensatz (row, singular of Datensätze) isnt a medical term, but a term for information technology. But there really isnt a good sounding German translation for it. Maybe "Patientenberichte" (patient reports)?

Anyways, at least Chapter 1 and 2 have context now, so they make sense. ^^ A former co worker of mine also had a wife with that disease. She was over 30, so its not that you will die at an early age, but it still sucks to go out, because you have to prepare a lot like putting on cloths, sunblocker and so on. There are some hormon implants, which are ridiculously expensive, but seems they dont work for everyone.

last edited at Jan 6, 2018 7:38AM

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

Im pretty sure we should add Suicide Tag

joined Mar 15, 2017

"Carte" should be "Karte". The Japanese use it as a loanword from German to mean medical records.

The last rule of the test is that passing the test results in being recognized as her genuine lover. Kind of an important point.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Wow what's with this surge of age gap manga lately? Not that I'm complaining.

Wasn't expecting the fake dating spin. Kinda iffy on the whole "I'll do my best to be your lover so you won't kill yourself" thing since that's just a recipe for a toxic relationship, but eh since it's a fluff manga, it prob won't even bother going that route, so I'll just turn a blind eye to it....

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Copied from wiki: In the context of a relational database, a row—also called a record or tuple—represents a single, implicitly structured data item in a table. In simple terms, a database table can be thought of as consisting of rows and columns or fields.[1] Each row in a table represents a set of related data, and every row in the table has the same structure.

So Datensatz (row, singular of Datensätze) isnt a medical term, but a term for information technology. But there really isnt a good sounding German translation for it. Maybe "Patientenberichte" (patient reports)?

A Patientenbericht would be more like an essay on a specific case, I think. I don't think that fits with the author's idea, although it'd probably fit the story quite nicely ^^;

Medizinischer Datensatz is perfectly fine, technically, but like I said, in the context of medicine, even if it's not an actual paper folder, it's usually just called Krankenakte or Patientenakte (the official term for what's used in Germany is "Elektronische FallAkte" (EFA, electronic case file), but as you can imagine, nobody actually says that). It's like, say, police work and calling something a "case file" even if it nowadays might mean a digital database entry and not an actual paper file.

(also, -satz here is meant in the same way as "set (of objects)" so it's not necessarily just a row or column; it can be complex as whatever. It just implies some logical relation between the various entries. "Datensätze" (datasets) are then saved in "Datenbanken" (databases). So the Dynasty database might contain a dataset of users and passwords, and one for mangas and their authors and ... it's the same structure in German as in English. In this case it obviously implies the logical relation is everything that's got to do with the patient's medical history; previous check-up results and a history of illnesses and operations and whatnot)

... I kinda forgot what my point was. Well, basically I'm saying a German author probably would have worded the subtitle differently even if this one isn't strictly wrong (except for the der/des thing). Still, it's a pretty good effort - I just yesterday read some werebear thing on Kindle that had the werebear speak some German and it was just ... urk. ^^

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

Maybe the author will take it into the (honestly kinda creepy) direction of a doctor being attracted to a child that I expected, but I honestly hope they don't.

I hope they do! I already have a fair share of CGDCT elsewhere. Both possibilities would be cute, I guess the """"realistic"""" one would be sweeter though. Haven't read the first two chapters, got trapped by the numbering, but from those chapters 0, it looks their attraction toward each other seems like it is genuine romantic feelings. So I'd feel robbed, in a way.

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

"If you expose yourself to sunlight" Woman! She's about to jump off a goddamn building! Her sensitivity to light is the least of her problems! Go save her already!

On a side note. I really liked this. Hope It goes well.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Fcolu7zauaqic2k
joined Sep 14, 2015

This look like a tragedy is waiting to happen

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

A5PECT posted:

Lily Love perhaps?

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

A5PECT posted:

Lily Love perhaps?

More like Lesbian Lolicon.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Makes more sense...

joined Oct 15, 2014

Really hoping it will have a good ending..

Z7geahm
joined Sep 7, 2016

Gotta love age-gap's

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

"Dyspnea: Difficult or labored breathing; shortness of breath. Dyspnea is a sign of serious disease of the airway, lungs, or heart. The onset of dyspnea should not be ignored; it is reason to seek medical attention." For those who were wondering.
To be honest my first thought was Xeroderma Pigmentosa when the sun stuff was said but they're being a bit too carefree imo for it to be that. Yeah it was in the evening but still.

last edited at Jan 6, 2018 6:58PM

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

When she shouted I'LL BE YOUR LOVER I actually laughed out loud

I don't know how I feel about this, having a fake forced relationship to stop a patient from commiting suicide doesnt seem like a great idea

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

When she shouted I'LL BE YOUR LOVER I actually laughed out loud

I don't know how I feel about this, having a fake forced relationship to stop a patient from commiting suicide doesnt seem like a great idea

When you put it like that.... Good thing it's fiction!

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

One would assume any idea would be better than "let them commit suicide"

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

Age Gap and yuri, what should I say more? Subscribed!! Lovely plot.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Whoever's typesetting this is pretty fast!
A bit too fast. There were a couple of revisions I had in mind.

To reply you must either login or sign up.