Forum › Mikazuki no Carte discussion

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Cute and sweet with the right amont of angst...

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

Yeah! This is getting to be a serious relationship! And a cool beauty appears! I want to ride this train all the way to Fluffland!

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Yeah! This is getting to be a serious relationship! And a cool beauty appears! I want to ride this train all the way to Fluffland!

You seem new to yuri there are alwase stops at depression station followed by a stop at drama isle then sometimes the train switches tracks to the angst capital.

Sandra2
joined Mar 22, 2013

Great, there seem to be some dark layers to this story and I love that the characters have some dark thoughts and doubts. That makes it even sweeter to me.
I also had the thought, "well it's not really a relationship, they are just posing and it's out of pity" and they are actually DEALING with this statement early in the story. It's cool. I know it is the whole deal to this manga, but... the execution just is.. done well, I guess.
Like when sensei was crying of happiness when she met the other doctor. You don't act like that with just a friend, is the first thought that comes to mind. But then... considering what sensei has gone through, it is believable again.

last edited at Jan 7, 2018 5:37AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Orangey posted:

When she shouted I'LL BE YOUR LOVER I actually laughed out loud

I don't know how I feel about this, having a fake forced relationship to stop a patient from commiting suicide doesnt seem like a great idea

Considering her past and how old she seems to be, it doesn't seem terribly unreasonable that she'd end up rushing to a decision like that. Not only was she the only person there to possibly prevent someone from committing suicide but on top of that she'd not only feel personally responsible but it'd likely ruin her career considering her past incident. She was probably panicking pretty badly on the inside.

Images%20(1)
joined Mar 26, 2014

Why do I feel that the phase is too fast? o.o

joined Jan 8, 2018

author is there : https://twitter.com/7saka_7

joined Apr 28, 2017

I love this plz continue the series

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Like I told Nya-chan, chapter 0 should be ordered between ch2 and 3 as that is the order they were released in.

joined Dec 29, 2017

https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=59859304

It seems that there is a "concept" chapter for the manga series.

joined Aug 28, 2016

"Dyspnea: Difficult or labored breathing; shortness of breath. Dyspnea is a sign of serious disease of the airway, lungs, or heart. The onset of dyspnea should not be ignored; it is reason to seek medical attention." For those who were wondering.
To be honest my first thought was Xeroderma Pigmentosa when the sun stuff was said but they're being a bit too carefree imo for it to be that. Yeah it was in the evening but still.

The latest chapter specifically says she's "allergic to sunlight", which is a pretty reasonable description of solar urticaria: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_urticaria

It's believed to be an allergic reaction to unidentified compounds that are produced in the body by reactions with sunlight. It would have to be an extreme case if it's severe enough that she has trouble breathing when she has a reaction, but it's possible.

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

Apparently we CAN have nice things. What's with the sudden influx of age-gap stuff?

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

There is more wrong with Ill Girl than just sunlight. She apparently can die from a multitude of things in food, as well. She could have any number of probably auto-immune things going on, for instance. I get a strong feeling of 'not long for the world' about her from this manga. And consequently "give her something now while she's still around."

last edited at Jan 9, 2018 9:31PM

There is more wrong with Ill Girl than just sunlight. She apparently can die from a multitude of things in food, as well. She could have any number of probably auto-immune things going on, for instance. I get a strong feeling of 'not long for the world' about her from this manga. And consequently "give her something now while she's still around."

Sounds about right. She was both willing to commit suicide and content with a 'fake' relationship because there was a likely chance that she would never get to get experience anything more authentic. If it wasn't that bad, the doctor would probably have taken a different approach, like simply reassuring her that she would get a chance to experience a real love.

At least that is my take on it.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

What's up with the absurdly tiny resolution for this chapter? There were several speech bubbles I couldn't even make out at all.

Zen_Clark posted:

She was ... content with a 'fake' relationship because there was a likely chance that she would never get to get experience anything more authentic.

I was under the impression this part was because she's confined to the hospital and will be for the foreseeable future. It's much more difficult to make friends as an adult, for most people, and even more so when you've spent your childhood not interacting with people your own age.

AnimexObsession
Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

"Dyspnea: Difficult or labored breathing; shortness of breath. Dyspnea is a sign of serious disease of the airway, lungs, or heart. The onset of dyspnea should not be ignored; it is reason to medical attention." For those who were wondering.
To be honest my first thought was Xeroderma Pigmentosa when the sun stuff was said but they're being a bit too carefree imo for it to be that. Yeah it was in the evening but still.

The latest chapter specifically says she's "allergic to sunlight", which is a pretty reasonable description of solar urticaria: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_urticaria

It's believed to be an allergic reaction to unidentified compounds that are produced in the body by reactions with sunlight. It would have to be an extreme case if it's severe enough that she has trouble breathing when she has a reaction, but it's possible.

Yeah, based on that new information that would be my guess as well

joined Dec 4, 2016

I lose interest when she goes suicide because she can't fall in love. Like why it's matter to her so much when she doesn't even know how it feels to fall in love.

Aoi%20nagisa%20-%20s
joined Aug 17, 2012

Ah, a new chapter - really like this one

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Missing chapter titles:
ch1-2: A Night of Cherry Blossoms and Convenience Stores
ch0: A Night of Ribbons and Barrettas (yes this is the correct reading order)
ch3-4: A Night of One Month Anniversaries
ch5-6: A Night of Secret Discussions

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

This manga isso cute! I hope we get more updates about it ^^

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Don't lewd the loli.

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

This manga is so danm cute! This couple is so lovely. It is on my favorite list ^^

Cnwdrjjvmail6tq
joined Jun 30, 2017

Don't lewd the loli.

I vote YES to lewd the loli since the loli wants it haha.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

No hand holding. Still not kinky enough

Img_20200405_004052
joined Mar 24, 2018

I've been reading too many sweet doujins and started dying in cuteness

To reply you must either login or sign up.