Forum › Blue Method discussion

Espurr%20sparkle
joined May 30, 2013

I don't get it.

Capture1%20edited1
joined Jul 10, 2016

I imagine she liked a girl from her class, rumor spread, eventually leading up to her quittng school.

joined Oct 17, 2016

I don't get it.

Pretty sure she confessed to her female class mate and well you can imagine the rest.

joined Apr 15, 2013

When it comes to text versus subtext, I think this one could have used a bit more on the text side of things. I suppose I get what happened mostly, but there was a bit too much that went unsaid.

joined Aug 27, 2017

Reading the comments, I'm assuming she confessed to that one girl, got rejected, rumors spread and etc etc. Such a dumb reason to not go to school.

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Was happy... Then sad.... Then kinda bittersweet but primarily happy again :D

Screenshot%20(107)
joined Dec 27, 2014

Reading the comments, I'm assuming she confessed to that one girl, got rejected, rumors spread and etc etc. Such a dumb reason to not go to school.

I have a feeling they were being kinda homophobic about it and she couldn't deal with it.

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

is it even yuri? I see nothing but shoujo ai tho

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Wait. Is she wearing crocks on page 11?

Forest%20fairy%20-%20copy
joined Nov 30, 2017

is it even yuri? I see nothing but shoujo ai tho

Same thing. Yuri is the original and official term for all girlxgirl stuff. From what I recall, shoujo ai is just a term coined by the west to signify a lesbian relationship that focuses more on the platonic and "chaste" type of relationship while outright avoiding the explicit and steamy lesbian realtionships. If we were to go by western standards, then Strawberry Panic would probably be considered shoujo ai as most of the relationships there are sisterly and "chaste," with characters kissing and hugging each other but nothing more. That is, assuming I'm remembering Strawberry Panic correctly. Been years since I last watched the anime adaption.

With that said, if you look at the tags that are present on Dynasty you'll notice a "shoujo ai" tag doesn't exist. If this one-shot did need another tag then it might need the subtext tag as there isn't any obvious yuri. There's implied yuri, and depending on how you want to interpret this you could even say there's a yuri crush that the teacher has on her student. Course, I think yuri crush might be stretching it a bit, so perhaps keeping the yuri tag where it is would be best and just add the subtext tag next to it.

last edited at Dec 29, 2017 10:19PM

joined Dec 8, 2016

I would say that shoujo-ai would be more along the lines of Marimite which was a lot more tame than Strawberry Panic. SP had several instances of implied sex scenes to make it full-blown yuri. Marimite, OTOH, had relationships that were implied rather than out in the open.

As for this work, it's good. Sometimes it's better to show rather than tell.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Going to add that multiple translators in the forums have suggested that the Japanese consider "shoujo-ai" to mean being into sex with children, something similar to shotacon.

last edited at Dec 29, 2017 11:22PM

La Aoi Beau Chico
Boy%20blue
joined Oct 9, 2016

Not really yuri, if we're talking about such topic, but still nice, nice to know the end results were satisfactory.

La Aoi Beau Chico
Boy%20blue
joined Oct 9, 2016

Not really yuri, if we're talking about such topic, but still nice, nice to know the end results were satisfactory.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

Going to add that multiple translators in the forums have suggested that the Japanese consider "shoujo-ai" to mean being into sex with children, something similar to shotacon.

isnt that just lolicon then?

Cv7t70_vyaagwe3
joined Nov 19, 2017

I was expecting some hot and spicy stuff. But this is good too. Tiny bit disappointed the teacher wasn't dragged to a love hotel since I was expecting some fast paced development.

joined Aug 22, 2016

This is the definition of Yuri that I've adapted from varying sources including Wiki, discussions, and reading a whole lot of Yuri myself.

Yuri is a genre that involves the implicit or explicit depictions of the emotional, sexual, social and/or all three aspects of lesbian relationships.

As Nezchan says, Japan still uses Shojo-ai to refer to lesbian pedophilia whether implicit or explicit. From my understanding, the Western community changed the use of Shojo-ai to match Shonen-ai as this too is used to differentiate between stories with explicit sexual content and those without. However, Shonen-ai doesn't exactly mean this either in Japan.

Shojo-ai stands alone while Yuri is heavily influenced by its predecessor, Class-S.

isnt that just lolicon then?

As far as I understand it, lolicon is not a genre. The term refers specifically to those that have interest in pedophilia against girls.

I would say that shoujo-ai would be more along the lines of Marimite which was a lot more tame than Strawberry Panic

Indeed, Strawberry Panic! manga is Yuri, but it was also meant as a parody of Class-S. From what I have heard, in the novels, all of the girls in Strawberry Panic! get married to men after graduation, but that needs verified Marimite is heavily influenced by Class-S, however it is also Yuri and is regarded highly in the development or transition from Class-S to Yuri.

last edited at Dec 30, 2017 1:39AM

joined Dec 10, 2017

I have a feeling they were being kinda homophobic about it and she couldn't deal with it.

I don't get it, why would they accept her apology if they were? An apology won't make that much of a difference for her if they were bigots, besides what is she apologizing for? Being gay, or making them uncomfortable for being gay? It's honestly a bit crap, the implications set here by this one-shot are dumb. She quit the school for that reason, came back and apologized to THEM? If the Mangaka wanted her to be a smart character, then they should write her like one.

last edited at Dec 30, 2017 1:35AM

joined May 24, 2015

I don't get it, why would they accept her apology if they were? An apology won't make that much of a difference for her if they were bigots, besides what is she apologizing for? Being gay, or making them uncomfortable for being gay? It's honestly a bit crap, the implications set here by this one-shot are dumb. She quit the school for that reason, came back and apologized to THEM? If the Mangaka wanted her to be a smart character, then they should write her like one.

I think the author wanted to get her back into school somehow and remedy her relationship with her friends. My guess is that they had little time to tie this arc up and resorted to a half-a**ed way of sorting it out

last edited at Dec 30, 2017 2:02AM

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

... @Phenom has a point. It is half assed and probably isn't even their own fault for a sucky manga/one shot.

joined Aug 22, 2016

I don't think she quit school nor apologized for liking girls, nor is the story implying that she did nor that other people should. She was isolated from her friends and peers, people were talking behind her back, and she felt guilty for whatever had happened. She also states that she hadn't planned on apologizing, but did so by chance due to a negative atmosphere and for having started a rumor -- a rumor she felt guilty about and made people distance themselves from her. She wasn't apologizing for who she is, but for creating a difficult situation.

Even with the information we've been given, it is quite difficult to even guess at what happened. Maybe it wasn't a confession? Maybe she accidentally exposed the girl she liked as a lesbian and caused her trouble? We simply don't know. All we know is that she did something she regretted and then pacified a negative situation not just for herself, but for others. I think the importance of the story isn't so much what happened, but about how she felt about it.

It is a beautiful, but misleading view to see the world where everyone is understanding and at the snap of a finger or a signature on a line, everyone will be accepting. There is a difference between how things are and how things "should" be. If she confessed to the girl or was confided in with personal information, and then let that information slip before the other person was ready to tell others, that is something to take responsibility for , even if taking a personal hit is necessary.

That said, it is interesting to note the one girl that openly said hello to her at the cafe. Maybe things weren't as bad as she thought? I also thought the girl might have been the one referenced earlier? Whoever it was seemed to be worried about her. I think it is also important to remember they're middle school students and that the focus of the story is the relationship between a teacher and middle-school student.

What I do think is that the author took on a challenging topic yet only had a one-shot in which to explain it.

last edited at Dec 30, 2017 2:54AM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

I don't think it's a dumb reason to take a break from school to let things calm down after a scandal. It probably saved her life to avoid months of isolation and potential bullying.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

these two parts were left untranslated, what does it say?

last edited at Dec 30, 2017 4:23AM

joined Mar 15, 2017

The translation is wrong.

She was the one of who was apologized to. As I understand it, the girl she confessed to apologized as she feels that the gossip about Tomoka spreading was her fault although she didn't intentionally cause that.

Also, she's saying still can't face going to class. She only went into school once. I think just as she felt she needed to clear the air with the girl she liked to move on.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

From what I see in manga and anime, and what I've heard is that Japanese students go to the extreme when bullying

To reply you must either login or sign up.