Forum › Bright and Cheery Amnesia discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

Holy Moly, Stan delivers.

And both past and present Arisa are all kinds of topkek and win.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Mari is legit the best thing to come out of this manga. Seeing her devotion and overprotectiveness over Arisa is so fucking adorable! <3

Tumblr_inline_oxf1gj0pl71rjsbp5_400
joined Jun 23, 2017

I never knew a happy story could hurt so much.. Really loving it though, thank you Stan Miller, the heroes we need but don't deserve!

Duke
joined Jul 29, 2017

Yeah, this manga is the epitome of bitter sweet. The two main characters are each lovable in their own ways, and it's clear that they're both trying their best, but it hurts to see them not quite being able to get there. Although it kinda suffers from that usual romantic and/or ecchi comedy manga problem where after a while, there really doesn't seem to be any reason why they don't just boink already, other than the writer needing to drag out the sexual frustration as far as possible because there's no actual premise without it.

last edited at Nov 6, 2017 10:14PM

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

hahaha chapter 5 is some hashtag relatable hashtag content as the kids say these days

last edited at Nov 6, 2017 10:34PM

joined Jun 23, 2017

Yeah, this manga is the epitome of bitter sweet. The two main characters are each lovable in their own ways, and it's clear that they're both trying their best, but it hurts to see them not quite being able to get there.

Ah it was more about personal introspection, but it's true there is some kind of sadness about not having the same relationship as before. It probably has been mentioned in this post before, but the fact that the relationship will never be the same could be very disconcerting for Mari specifically. I guess it could be hard to have to take the lead after being used to follow all this time.

[...] here really doesn't seem to be any reason why they don't just boink already, [...].

Well, Arisu still have three years of maturity to catch up! Or at least, the time she needed before actually doing it the first time with Mari.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Klice posted:

the relationship will never be the same

Not necessarily true since we've already seen an instance of her recovering a tiny bit of her memories.

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

Yeah, this manga is the epitome of bitter sweet. The two main characters are each lovable in their own ways, and it's clear that they're both trying their best, but it hurts to see them not quite being able to get there.

Ah it was more about personal introspection, but it's true there is some kind of sadness about not having the same relationship as before. It probably has been mentioned in this post before, but the fact that the relationship will never be the same could be very disconcerting for Mari specifically. I guess it could be hard to have to take the lead after being used to follow all this time.

[...] here really doesn't seem to be any reason why they don't just boink already, [...].

Well, Arisu still have three years of maturity to catch up! Or at least, the time she needed before actually doing it the first time with Mari.

Mari is a bottom it's not like she's suffering not all bottoms wait to be attacked and pushed down some just go with the flow and do whatever to make the other happy if I could go back the the innocent days with my partner it would be like falling in love with her all over again just enjoying each others company and nothing else.

joined Feb 1, 2013
totalbodyworkout
joined Aug 7, 2017

This is just the kind of thing I need in my life.

joined Jun 23, 2017

Mari is a bottom it's not like she's suffering not all bottoms wait to be attacked and pushed down some just go with the flow and do whatever to make the other happy if I could go back the the innocent days with my partner it would be like falling in love with her all over again just enjoying each others company and nothing else.

It's a nice idea to start thing all over, if things work themselves out just fine - still I think it can hurt to have your partner forget little things that matter to you. But even if it's the "same" person, it becomes a different story, somehow it looks like the start of a new relationship, meaning the end of the previous one which ended pretty abruptly; I find it a bit sad.

I'm not saying bottoms are helpless puppets who just wait for things to happen, just that in the case of Mari, it is possible that it confuses her a bit to be the one having to initiate (like she said in the first chapters). I didn't read up until chapter 14 when I wrote that post, but now it's even more apparent that it has been bothering her - the dynamic has changed, adaptations are to be made, so it's going to be somewhat stressful : our brain don't like change very much, after all.

Not necessarily true since we've already seen an instance of her recovering a tiny bit of her memories.

Well, since we are the sum of all our memories, somehow, Arisu(a?) will eventually become a different version of herself even if she regains some of her memories. If she regains all of it, I can't say for sure what that would make her. But since she has gone back to her three year younger self and Mari has grown up in the meantime, it's almost like they're starting a new relationship with two different individuals.

Mari already had a relationship and Arisa is starting her first relationship again. It's not going to be a drastic change, but it won't be exactly the same relationship is what I was trying to get at. The fact that Mari has to be the one initiating contact is already a testimony to that change.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

Man that clerk was a blast

joined Nov 15, 2016

This manga is giving me life today! Thank you Tamamusi, and thank you Stan & Croxx!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

So if chapter 5 just got released - when were chapters 6-14 done? Before 5? I nearly missed them since they were in newly added list not new releases - and I certainly hadn't read them before. A bit confused how they were released before 5 - months before according to the dates - but not added?

But they were all great chapters :) Too many funny bits to remember all at once - like the carrot and the clerk lol.

last edited at Nov 7, 2017 8:24PM

BokujouMonogatari
joined Aug 27, 2017

that clerk, poor guy, he doesnt get pay enough to do that work.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

So if chapter 5 just got released - when were chapters 6-14 done?

They were all on Batoto. Apparently something about the uploaders here only allowing the GiB version for a while or something. It was only recently that Stan brought up why the new stuff wasn't getting added and things somehow got sorted.

last edited at Nov 8, 2017 6:24AM

joined Jan 8, 2014

All these ch's at once was wonderful...
And then I enjoyed it so much I still want more ^_^ its just so cute!

joined Nov 9, 2017

THIS IS SO ADORABLE!

it's also neatly crafted, with the back-and-forth nature of asking others for information and the flashbacks dovetailing through the present tense narrative

also also, I found this surprisingly relatable personally (I have severe neurological/psychiatric issues and event-based memory doesn't work right for me)

in short: both of my thumbs up! ^_^

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Try harder at being an idiot too? no, don't do that!

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Casual declaration that something so horrible happened that she lost all memory of it - and neither of them seems to be bothered by that?!

Shamimomo%20hug
joined Jan 23, 2016

Casual declaration that something so horrible happened that she lost all memory of it - and neither of them seems to be bothered by that?!

I mean it is really concerning... especially considering how lighthearted everything usually is.

Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

I mean it is really concerning... especially considering how lighthearted everything usually is.

Although I feel like it's still going to be something sill and light hearted.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

ch 15, pg 201, "I want to you do tonight..."

"I want you to do tonight..."

joined Aug 1, 2013

Although I feel like it's still going to be something sill and light hearted.

My bet is that she probably caught Mari "cheating" or in some kind of compromising situation, ran with the misunderstanding and suppressed her memories.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Lol finally it caught up with other sites

To reply you must either login or sign up.