Forum › Posts by totalbodyworkout

totalbodyworkout
joined Aug 7, 2017

The kisses are so perfect, in my opinion.

totalbodyworkout
joined Aug 7, 2017

This is just the kind of thing I need in my life.

totalbodyworkout
joined Aug 7, 2017

It's pretty interesting to see how divisive the style has been among readers so far. I kind of get it, there were a few points where I had to pause and puzzle over the timeline of events, but I sort of agree with schuy here in the sense that the line between figurative and literal imagery is clear enough to not significantly disrupt the flow of events, at least in my opinion.

One of the reasons I really wanted to translate this was the sex scene, because I liked the immediacy of it. I felt that the complexity of emotions at play gave it an interesting feeling, with Nonoka having an experience with the one thing that is supposed to give her all the answers to her questions about love, friendship, and intimacy, realizing that she learns nothing from it even if it wasn't in itself a negative or unenjoyable experience. There's also something unique about the way Yui7 draws sex in her comics, with character models, linework etc. warping and distorting to signify physical pleasure.

The story around it seems pretty interesting too. I feel like Nonoka's life as an isolated, listless underachiever is pretty relatable, and I think there are a lot of compelling character dynamics at play. I poked around Yui7's Twitter and there are a couple of posts from June where she describes the characters. Nonoka's a "protagonist who doesn't smile", Akane's a "rich-kid senpai who is the type to spontaneously ask if someone's a virgin" and whose true motives are currently unknown, Aoi is "currently" Nonoka's friend, and is a "ps*cho b*tch" whose least favorite thing is men. Shou-chan suffers from a "lack of presence" and it's currently a secret that she's ********.

Well, I'll jump right on it whenever Yui releases another chapter, and we'll see if this story breaks the Yui7 curse of bad ends to great stories...

totalbodyworkout
joined Aug 7, 2017

This is honestly what resonates with me about the story. The world can be really harsh, especially for lesbians. We don't always get the chance to live out the youthful romance we dream of. But I like a story like this, that tells the reader, It's never too late to start. You can do it!!

totalbodyworkout
joined Aug 7, 2017

This doesn't feel like a one-shot. Can anyone confirm?

The scan comes from an OL yuri anthology. There was nothing in it to indicate that there might be a continuation of the story of these two long-suffering lesbian long-term friends-turned-lovers, but if Ajiichi ever decides to show us how their relationship turns out, I'll be all over translating that.

totalbodyworkout
joined Aug 7, 2017

Yeah! The intro scene is the protagonist striking out with a co-worker (due to her fear of confessing and uncertainty whether any given female co worker is straight) and then it flashes forward to a scene of her drinking her sorrows away with her old college friend, another lesbian who is presumably the only one she is out to at work. Glad to bring this Ajiichi goodness to everyone's doorstep :>

last edited at Oct 20, 2017 11:37PM

totalbodyworkout
joined Aug 7, 2017

Lmao, this is really promising. Great art.

joined Aug 7, 2017

The dynamic between these two is great. Very passionate and ultimately quite sweet. Loved this, thanks for the post.

totalbodyworkout
Department discussion 11 Sep 17:01
joined Aug 7, 2017

I'm so happy people enjoyed this! When I was reading through this anthology of Shakaijin Yuri, there were a lot of great stories, but the striking josei art style and elegant sensuality of this story immediately stuck out to me as something that just had to be translated and shared. We'll definitely keep an eye out for more from this artist (who seems to be relatively obscure at this point, not even a myanimelist entry) and in the meantime, we at the TZdY have more great "Shakaijin"-centric yuri coming down the pipeline, including another story from this anthology. And again, thank you so much for your nice comments!

totalbodyworkout
joined Aug 7, 2017

hi there. its me, vivian, i studied japanese for 4 years in college and i'm ready to help translate or proofread for the yuri scanlation project of your dreams. sfw or nsfw but not interested in incest, rape, lolicon, bdsm etc. i'll probably troll through the thread for active projects but i thought id put my info out there first.

hit me up
email: totalbodyworkout413@gmail.com
discord: totalbodyworkout#9870

edit: Thanks to those who reached out! Just to let you know, I've joined up with the Zartlichkeit du Yuri as a translator and proofreader.

last edited at Sep 11, 2017 4:57PM