Forum › Fragments of Love discussion

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Koveras posted:

People tend to remember negative feelings more than the positive ones? So unless you pull a Fujieda and never do any sad endings ever, you'll be associated with them forever.

Maybe I'm just weird then. I know that there are a few stories from her that don't have great endings but I'm honestly having trouble remembering what any of them even are.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Koveras posted:

People tend to remember negative feelings more than the positive ones? So unless you pull a Fujieda and never do any sad endings ever, you'll be associated with them forever.

Maybe I'm just weird then. I know that there are a few stories from her that don't have great endings but I'm honestly having trouble remembering what any of them even are.

Off the top of my head there's this one (which isn't necessarily a bad ending per se, at least in the main storyline), the original one-shot for An Absurd Relationship, Tragic Love Movie which lives up to its name, and that one-shot where the girl breaks up with her girlfriend because she's moving to Tokyo for college. Pretty much all the rest, girls get girls, often in a pretty goofy, lighthearted fashion.

Other than that, um....people were upset because the main characters in My Beloved ended up happy with other people instead of each other? I got nuttin'.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Koveras posted:

Off the top of my head there's this one (which isn't necessarily a bad ending per se, at least in the main storyline), the original one-shot for An Absurd Relationship, Tragic Love Movie which lives up to its name, and that one-shot where the girl breaks up with her girlfriend because she's moving to Tokyo for college. Pretty much all the rest, girls get girls, often in a pretty goofy, lighthearted fashion.

Other than that, um....people were upset because the main characters in My Beloved ended up happy with other people instead of each other? I got nuttin'.

There's the 2 parter Lost Loves and Lost from Seasons. I think it's the only one like that from Seasons.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Yuri Girl 1001 posted:

There's the 2 parter Lost Loves and Lost from Seasons. I think it's the only one like that from Seasons.

I just reread that one the other day so you'd think it'd come to mind, lol. But the rest of the stories are all decent and it's fairly early on I guess so it easily gets forgotten in the other good stories.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Why was I hopping for a happy yuri end if this is a Takemija's work?

Because that never happ....oh wait, it happens all the time. WTF are you even talking about?

Go read Fragments of Love. Go read Love Flicker. Go read Game. Go read Chouchou Nannan. Go read the majority of her work, in fact.

Well, I read them but so long time ago and I don't remember them to be a truly happy end, it's most like this work: something happy but not with a close ending so you don't truly know if it was happy, but you have a point. I need to reread them and see if now I still think in that way.
PD: And well, I remember now the work Graphite, it was sooo cute, I even have it in physical <3 I like so much it, it's just that in her long series I can't stop thinking in that way, time to reread them!

last edited at Jun 17, 2017 11:00AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

...so long time ago and I don't remember them...

I'm beginning to see the problem here.

Game - Main characters are a committed couple at the end.
Chouchou Nannan - Main pair is a committed couple at the end; antagonist seems to have her own new love interest.
Seasons - Four committed couples with happy endings, one ambiguous but probable, one bittersweet but with a fuckbuddy and one where she loses a friend but gains a stronger perspective.
My Beloved - Childhood friends don't get together, but one has a new girlfriend and the other is very likely to, and both are once again friends.
Love Flicker - Four committed couples with happy endings
Girlish Sweet - Another four happy ending couples, plus a pair of adults who aren't together yet but seem inevitable

Shall I continue?

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

The guy is hitting on him and he doesnt realize?

last edited at Nov 3, 2017 5:21PM

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Every time this has a surprise update, my heart breaks all over again.

joined Nov 17, 2016

every time i read Takemiya Jin in the Dynasty first page my body act all happy...thanks Dynasty-scan and Thanks lililicious.

ps. the latest extra is on the volume 2 not 3...

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

This guy is Osmium on the periodic table of gay.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

That's nice, but what about Takako x Yui? >__>

200069l%20(1)%20(1)
joined Dec 25, 2015

-facepalm- That idiot.

La Aoi Beau Chico
Boy%20blue
joined Oct 9, 2016

Honestly the ending for the original series wasn't to my expectation, but it wasn't unknown on what the ending was. I think in ch14 Mika claimed she wasn't gonna be single forever and that they all didn't really like staying the way they are...so just off the back, Mika has found someone she loved... in a very fluffy way ahahaha. I'm glad, so the series was pretty good, just a vague ending, but definitely a no-brainer.

onlyyuriaccount4202
Animepencilgirl%201
joined Dec 2, 2016

This was ruined by the horrible uninteresting love triangle. It was leading up to a perfect setup until the token best friend had to come and ruin like all love triangles typically do. What a dissapointment.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

onlyyuriaccount4202 posted:

This was ruined by the horrible uninteresting love triangle. It was leading up to a perfect setup until the token best friend had to come and ruin like all love triangles typically do. What a dissapointment.

Pretty much this.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

It was hardly "ruined". While the best friend becoming a couple (probably because many people would get touchy if Harada ended with no one) didn't add anything to the story, it didn't really take anything from it. It was a perfectly fine, very good story, that could've admitedly have been better.

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

Did I just read it only to be disappointed in the end? I mean, I can easily accept Takako and Yui's ending, coz I know Yui will be beside her until forever, but with the trio? Mika and Mayu has a story plot to be perfect with. It's so annoying that only blurred by a love triangle, with a best friend plot.

joined Apr 29, 2019

yui's awful. "punishing" herself for what she did (and is currently doing!) to takako is punishing takako more than herself. takako is awful for letting her do it.

yuriforeverandalways
Yuri%202%20copy
joined Feb 14, 2017

Maybe I am just heartless but I have no sympathy for yui. What a terrible person making Takako going through all that.

Overall mixed feelings about this series. It's well written and interesting, but the ending was terribly unsatisfying. Also I hated yui for being a dumb brat.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

yuriforeverandalways posted:

Maybe I am just heartless but I have no sympathy for yui. What a terrible person making Takako going through all that.

Overall mixed feelings about this series. It's well written and interesting, but the ending was terribly unsatisfying. Also I hated yui for being a dumb brat.

Who is Yui? Also I agree the love triangle and ending was very unsatisfying. I loved Takako as a character and her chemistry with Mayu was great so it's a shame in the end they didn't end up together.

LilyScentedBubbleBath
Img_20200913_125333_706
joined Sep 15, 2020

I was recently reminded of this book and decided to reread a bit of it again. While reading I was trying to remeber why it never stuck with me and then I got to the last couple chapters and I was like "Oh yeah....forgot how annoying this was." Like don't get me wrong it's well written but like others have stated it felt unsatisfying. But that's just life I guess.

joined Oct 8, 2011

Does anyone know why this is still marked as ongoing?

joined Aug 31, 2021

Oh, Takemiya Jin is definitely on my favorite mangakas list! Just about this series! The only thing I have a lil'bit of issues here is we don't get to see who micca? Was Micca her name?( It's been a while since I read this! ) The MC ! Ends up with. She finally found someone she loves and I was dying to see her!

36002568_1838354376215521_8722944858664206336_n
joined Jan 21, 2019

^^ I second that, why is it marked as completed and ongoing lol

joined Feb 10, 2022

In my humble opinion, Mika should have ended up with Mayu. But anyway.

To reply you must either login or sign up.