Forum › Fragments of Love discussion

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

How many chapters of this are left now?

Three. One from volume 2, and two from volume 3.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'm still steadfastly waiting until it's totally complete before reading it again.

Edit
joined Apr 30, 2016

I read this around a year ago and found it somewhat unsatisfying, personally.

I'm sure many have already complained about the ending. But this isn't where the fault lies IMO. Love & pieces is what gave me mixed feelings. For all that emphasis FoL has on being accepting & open about one's feelings, L&P really stands out. Matsu and Yui seem like a pair of idiots just going on assuming "this is best for her", "this is best for me" and such without ever confiding in each other. They'd have spared themselves a lot of painful memories had they been more honest. Heck even after all these years, they haven't really confirmed their feelings for each other. Just when are they going to confess? In their death bed? Geez.
Well that may just be their style though. Who am I to judge. At least they're together of sorts now so that's good.

One more thing, I'm not convinced with how Mayu's brother was presented. He's just used as a tool for advancing the plot about the MCs and is cast aside as soon as it's done. Poor guy doesn't even get a partner!

Sorry about my rant. The new chapters are good. It's just coming here brought back the memories of not-so-sweet taste this manga left on me a year back :D

Rsz_17544039_p0
joined Jul 19, 2014

The anime for this series is now on animefushigi.com

Pretty certain there's no such thing, sport.

The name is Omoi no kakera which is translated as fragments of love the same name a Takemiya sensei's manga but turns out it has the same name but is a whole different anime . I got happy for nothing (booooo) .

P.S . Please don't call me sport I am not some little child in my kiddie years . Just for the sake of argument on this I was born in 1978 so do the math and you'll under stand it's rude to call a full grown woman sport .

1978, that's so cute.

I've still got seniority over you kid, so don't try pulling rank. :-P

No need to be rude, mod or not, older or not. She just asked politely not to be called sport.
Edit: plus consistently calling people kid/sport and other age-degrading names shows your maturity well. She realized her mistake in the anime correlation so no need to continue. Plus I realized the dates were off, but i'll leave it as a reminder.

I know it's old, but I agree with you. That was really uncalled for.

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

pkChinensis posted:

Three. One from volume 2, and two from volume 3.

Thanks. Looking forward to seeing it concluded.

Nezchan posted:

I'm still steadfastly waiting until it's totally complete before reading it again.

I've been passing up rereading it for awhile until it's finished myself but I decided to go ahead and read the new chapters. After so long I'm surprised I kept track of things enough to not be totally lost, lol.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Well, I want to go through the whole thing with the chapter arrangement between the two storylines (and extras) the way they were published, just for that full experience. I more or less remember the main plot, though.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Glad to see this again. I'm still diehard MayuxMika, though.

I'm a diehard Mayu x Saki
plus, I think judging from the "Looking to Tomorrow" chapter I think Mika has found someone else and either Mayu and Saki are together now or are still just friends
oh well, to each their own ship I guess

Screenshot_2018-10-31%20dynasty%20reader%20%c2%bb%20fusoroi%20no%20renri%20ch13
joined Jul 1, 2014

Glad to see this again. I'm still diehard MayuxMika, though.

I'm a diehard Mayu x Saki
plus, I think judging from the "Looking to Tomorrow" chapter I think Mika has found someone else

Yes, she has. She never ended up with Mayu. And that's just depressing to me. I think they challenged each other a lot. They would have made a formidable couple because they'd be pushing one another to grow every step of the way.

And yeah, to each ship their own. :) That's the wonderful thing about many different possibilities.

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

One more thing, I'm not convinced with how Mayu's brother was presented. He's just used as a tool for advancing the plot about the MCs and is cast aside as soon as it's done. Poor guy doesn't even get a partner!

Takemiya somewhat makes up for that by devoting an entire extra to him in volume 2 (that's the one we haven't finished editing yet). So he does get a brief chance to shine!

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Lesbians, if you have a choice, get born into a Morinaga Milk world, not a Takemiya Jin world.

I guess it would be okay if Saki and Mayu get together, but I agree with the people saying Mayu and Mika are a good couple. But Saki and Mayu will probably be chaste life partners, only occasionally having sessions of impassioned bokkusukattā no sekkusu. Mayu will get a girlfriend - a cynical straw-haired older woman with an insincere smile, who tutors her, sleeps with her, then dumps her for a guy.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Lesbians, if you have a choice, get born into a Morinaga Milk world, not a Takemiya Jin world.

The Miyabi Fujeda world (there is only one) beat's Morinaga Milk's in terms of comfort. >__>

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

The Miyabi Fujeda world (there is only one) beat's Morinaga Milk's in terms of comfort. >__>

Literally a whole country of lesbians that has the technology for two women to have children. Can't get more comfort than that.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Literally a whole country of lesbians that has the technology for two women to have children. Can't get more comfort than that.

Also, everyone gets designer clothes.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Most of them already live in a Takemiya Jin world, where sometime love works fantasic, sometimes it doesn't, you're lucky if you have a friend or lover good at cutting through bullshit, and not getting together with your first love doesn't mean you can't be happy later.

Although I kinda like the Secret of the Princess world where people in general are surprisingly accepting of lesbians.

Also, everyone gets designer clothes.

I swear, 90% of that country's budget goes into wardrobe.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Chatting at the Amber Teahouse is the one yuri series where I didn't mind their glacial pace. It wasn't hidden, it was basically the point of the series. And who didn't love the old lesbian couple?

joined Jan 31, 2013

It's dark and so depressing. The taste of bitterness just gets stronger with each following chapter But I just can't NOT read it ... Ignoring Takemiya Jin's work is like committing a sin.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Chatting at the Amber Teahouse is the one yuri series where I didn't mind their glacial pace. It wasn't hidden, it was basically the point of the series. And who didn't love the old lesbian couple?

Amber Teahouse isn't what I'd call glacial pace so much as inconsistent pace. Things keep shifting between fast and slow pretty haphazardly if you read it all at once.

Thankfully Miyabi's pacing in other stories is a lot more even.

joined Jan 8, 2014

Isnt "looking to tomorrow" supposed to be the last ch?

41d15eb7093baec072fbb832ad7e1d7d
joined Jun 27, 2014

I have re-read this so many times and still cannot find out who Mika ends up with. Only answer that would be acceptable at this point is the person is the reader themselves . So unless We are told otherwise I can use this as a logical ending.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I have re-read this so many times and still cannot find out who Mika ends up with. Only answer that would be acceptable at this point is the person is the reader themselves . So unless We are told otherwise I can use this as a logical ending.

The way I understand it, it is a completely new character unrelated to anyone we've seen in the story proper.

41d15eb7093baec072fbb832ad7e1d7d
joined Jun 27, 2014

The way I understand it, it is a completely new character unrelated to anyone we've seen in the story proper.

Darn that's just irritating ...boooo lol

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Darn that's just irritating ...boooo lol

I think the moral here was that sometimes, your destined soulmate is someone outside of your regular social circle. Or something. :-)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's similar to the lesson in My Beloved, where first love doesn't mean only love, or even best love. You shouldn't let something that didn't work out prevent you from being open to trying again, and maybe finding something even better.

Gelert_Xross
joined Apr 15, 2013

I thought we were done with this series. This is nice to see.

joined Apr 1, 2017

These women need to just get married already

To reply you must either login or sign up.