Forum › Stars and Swallows discussion

joined May 8, 2017

definitely - they had their own way to express how important the other one are.

I liked, I loved - nice story.

joined Jul 11, 2015

oh God..... so much angsty.........

joined Sep 4, 2016

I really do not like these kinds of stories. Everyone seems to fault the tsundere girl for not being okay with the move. She's essentially getting abandoned by the person that she's in love with and has no recourse for it. Why are people just supposed to accept that it's alright for the other girl to fly off with little warning and expect the other party to not get hurt over it? The MC is a countryside girl. That's her home. And she's still in school. It's not like she can just run off to the city because she wants to. The girl leaving comes off as very selfish and self centered. If a person wants to enough, dreams and goals can be accomplished without leaving behind the people you love.

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Nevermind cute tsun never mind we're both girls. The most annoying sad trope in most of these works is "once HS is over no one ever ever contacts anyone so just give up. Out of sight, out of mind." It's ubiquitous in Japanese stories.

I think it was much more believable as a plot point before the popularization of the internet and advent of social media.

As Koveras pointed out, Kase-San does the opposite, and it's a much more modern work.

Off the top of my head, I seem to recall Morinaga Milk's The Secret Recipe ending with one character graduating without the other while still maintaining the relationship.

last edited at Jul 20, 2017 4:40AM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Keeping contact with your HS friends demands a conscious effort on your part, because everyone often takes a different path. It's not about keeping contact, it's about having something in common and having the time.

I can say for sure that I didn't keep contact with any of my HS friends. I moved out of my hometown after graduation in order to go to University anyway. I have one University friend in my contact list, but I can't say we have anything to talk about anymore.

In the hypothesis I was going out with a HS friend, and we get to have a LD relationship because of circumstances, it would have been tricky at best. Even without distance, the interpersonal links tend to unravel when you each live in your own sphere.

Icon%20(4)
joined Jan 20, 2014

Even when I loooove so much the doujinshi "When you say no! I said Eek" shouldn't this anthology be named like "when you say no! I said yes"? I ask because I saw this and I'm curious >.<
huehuehue

joined Jun 7, 2017

I think the Lililicious translator is very good, so I would go with what she says as far as "eek" versus "yes".

last edited at Jul 20, 2017 10:21PM

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

Even when I loooove so much the doujinshi "When you say no! I said Eek" shouldn't this anthology be named like "when you say no! I said yes"? I ask because I saw this and I'm curious >.<

I figured it would be less confusing for people if I used the English title they were already familiar with from the site--the one the translator of that one-shot (not me) picked--but we can change it if you like. They are both valid titles, and quite similar.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Well, this one sure had a classic feel - perhaps rightly, as it's from 2010, which to my horror is now seven years ago... time is unutterably cruel...

For keeping the old fires still burning, thank you as always and forever, Lililicious.

joined Feb 1, 2017

Pinpoint accuracy, right into the window and into her face. But still... What is this water leaking from my eyes?

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

I really do not like these kinds of stories. Everyone seems to fault the tsundere girl for not being okay with the move. She's essentially getting abandoned by the person that she's in love with and has no recourse for it. Why are people just supposed to accept that it's alright for the other girl to fly off with little warning and expect the other party to not get hurt over it? The MC is a countryside girl. That's her home. And she's still in school. It's not like she can just run off to the city because she wants to. The girl leaving comes off as very selfish and self centered. If a person wants to enough, dreams and goals can be accomplished without leaving behind the people you love.

No man, that's not why we fault her. We fault her because she acts like a jerk, not giving any indication of actually caring, and then acts like the hurt one. It's the deal with the tsundere character type: It's all about them. Even when they are being hurtful and agressive, they expect have the attention of the other one. It makes no ground for a healthy relationship

joined Jul 23, 2017

Close to crying
But
My Heart Cried

Nozomi
joined May 11, 2017

Noooooooooooo

joined Mar 18, 2016

Ow. ow.ow. ow. It hurts.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

This should be titled
"When Keeping it Tsundere Goes Wrong"

But yeah, that's some pain right there

yuriforeverandalways
Yuri%202%20copy
joined Feb 14, 2017

man, the story really made me feel sad

joined May 29, 2019

ah

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Saw the title clicked on it, saw the first image, went "oh fuck not this one" and then immediately clicked off it

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

bruh moment

Tumblr_ok9qbbf9zt1vy8fcno2_250
joined Nov 13, 2018

Wow, the aaaangst tag actually worked this time, too many times it is used on stories that aren't really all that sad/angsty but it fit really well in this one. So I guess lowering my expectations for this tag being used in this one actually made me more vulnerable to the angst in this comic, well played.

oh no

_20180228_203946
joined Jan 24, 2018

I cried

Same

Img_20220602_141642-min%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Feb 5, 2020

Probably the 6th time I've stumbled upon this.
Still hurts as much as the 1st time

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

I've been rereading older series lately and came across this. I almost cried, which is pretty rare for me. The last couple pages were powerful imo.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

It's not really depressing though, in the end there was hope. Just imagine visits and talks once Tsubame has time to figure out why Saori's touches always upset her. It's clear that Saori is head over heels, Tsubame just has to grow up a little to understand more. ^.^

These nice things have a certain way of not happening, unfortunately. Two people are sure they'll see each other again, but all it takes is for one party to fail to communicate a single time, for a relationship to evaporate.

"Sometimes a dream is just a dream, it feels so real for so long, and then, in an instant, it's gone."

The difference is, we don't see this failure. I prefer to think of it as something different.

In two months when Tsubame's dad returns, she's coaxed into visiting Saori (it really doesn't take much convincing). She's in awe of Tokyo, of how Saori still shines so brightly in the city. They make up no thanks to Tsubame's very awkward attempts.

Fast forward eight months. They've been keeping in contact, though Saori is busy. She's loving the city and her new acting troupe, but parts of her still miss Tsubame. She thinks maybe it's for the best, and soon she'll be able to move on. Not yet though; she's not in a hurry to get her heart broken again.

Tsubame, who always thought she'd be content in her village, itches to see Tokyo again. Well, that's how she interprets it. Soon she'll finish school, and maybe in the back of her mind is a niggling thought (that she doesn't acknowledge) that maybe Tokyo wouldn't be a bad place to live, at least for a little while. She decides to visit Saori again during the break.

It strikes Saori how much she still loves Tsubame, even after so many months of distance. She tries not to fall back into old traps, but Tsubame acclimates surprisingly well to Saori's odd schedule.

Tsubame has always loved watching Saori perform, but when she sits in on rehearsal and sees how Saori acts with another of the actresses, a kernel of jealousy grows in her heart. She doesn't understand it, not fully. It grows the longer she stays. The day before she's set to return home and she sees the other actress touching her Saori, it suddenly strikes her.

That night, Saori surprises her with strawberry tarts and Tsubame tries in her very awkward way to talk to Saori. It doesn't go well. Frustrated, Tsubame sees how red Saori's lips are from the strawberries and has an idea. The kiss is short, but both girls are blushing furiously. Tsubame makes an awkward comment about how it looked like Saori's lip was bleeding.

Saori kisses her again.

The end scene would be Tsubame grinning on the train home - until someone notices her. She stops for a moment, but then goes right back to smiling. Her heart is full, and she's decided to apply to some schools in Tokyo after all. Who knows what kind of trouble Saori would get to on her own.

Ahem, anyway, that's how I like to think of it.

Thank you so much for this! I needed a good end. T.T

To reply you must either login or sign up.