Forum › Posts by pkChinensis

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious discussion 28 Mar 12:56
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

I visited their site not long ago, but it seems dead now. I hope the group is still alive?

Sorry about that, our website went down due to technical issues but the person who hosts it for us has fixed it now.

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

I noticed that the TOC lists a fourth chapter (omake maybe?): Tinkerbell's Crime. Anyone know where I can find this? (Raw or translated?)

Edit: @pkChinensis -- Just saw your post from two years ago. If (big if) you see this and no one has taken you up on it yet, I wouldn't mind taking a stab at it.

Sure, that would be great! Just email me at erin dot sub at gmail and I'll send over the scans and script. It's not yuri (or LGBTQ) or related to the main story at all, though.

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

The description for this piece is outdated. Rather than calling her a 'male to female transgender', it is much more accurate and appropriate to simply say 'trans woman' or 'transgender woman'

I'm very sorry about that. Thank you for bringing it to our attention! I've fixed it now.

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

I'm looking for a yuri story I read a long time ago. I recall that it had at least two chapters, though maybe more. I mostly remember it from the last chapter, which had a major shift in tone from the earlier ones.

The main characters are a tomboyish-looking girl and a long-haired girl. In the first part of the story they get together, and as I recall there was a sex scene. It was a pretty cute and sweet story at first.

In the last chapter, though, a girl with glasses is introduced. Apparently she has been spying on the main couple and taking pictures of them while they were together. The glasses girl confronts the tomboy and plans on blackmailing her with the photographs she took. However, when glasses girl tries to threaten her, she instead nervously asks the tomboy to kiss her. She is implied to have secretly been in love with the tomboy and was going to blackmail them out of jealousy. When glasses asks for a kiss, the tomboy gets very forceful with her and pretty much rapes her. It's kind of crazy and really cast the tomboy (who up to that point had been a sympathetic character) in a different and very negative light for me when I originally read this story. I would like to read it again and see if it was really as bad as I remember lol.

Again, it has been a long time since I read this, probably 10 years or so. I have tried searching through relevant tags on Dynasty, but have been unable to find it. Thanks in advance for the help!

Was it this? https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/fun_after_school

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

By the off chance that someone still comes here, do you know from which manga the covers of the yuri hime issue is?

It's from Girls Uprising, which is a light novel rather than a manga. The art is by Kazuaki.

pkChinensis Uploader
Collectors discussion 01 Aug 06:16
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to respond. The thing about the literalness of the translation was a shot in the dark and it seems be just the way the author writes, so I apologize.

Thanks for your apology.

pkChinensis Uploader
Collectors discussion 31 Jul 07:27
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011
 However it's fair to say the information density is one thing I don't enjoy, nor partularly understand about this manga. 

Nishi Uko packs a lot of information into her works. Even where the text is sparse, she uses visual cues to encourage readers to read between the lines. She had an interesting essay on this in the "Yuri Culture" issue of Eureka.
If this is not a style you like, perhaps you would prefer to read a different artist's works instead.

pkChinensis Uploader
Collectors discussion 31 Jul 07:20
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

I like the concept and characters in this series, but the panel format, combined with the rather wordy dialogue, makes it feel kind of... uncomfortably dense? There's nothing too abnormal about how the characters talk, but almost every single sentence is written in a formal manner. I think a little terseness, and perhaps a slightly less literal translation, could have gone a long way.

Thanks for the feedback. This is how I personally see the characters' speech styles, which are a complex expression of their personalities and backgrounds. Other readers and translators may disagree. As for the degree of literalness, even labeling that at all is extremely subjective, but I would say I tend to fall on the more liberal side in comparison to the general trend in scanlation.

If you're looking for a similar manga that is less dense, I would suggest Under One Roof by Fujio.

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

Is the story finished now? If so, I am gonna plow through all the chapters

Yes, it is complete now.

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

Even when I loooove so much the doujinshi "When you say no! I said Eek" shouldn't this anthology be named like "when you say no! I said yes"? I ask because I saw this and I'm curious >.<

I figured it would be less confusing for people if I used the English title they were already familiar with from the site--the one the translator of that one-shot (not me) picked--but we can change it if you like. They are both valid titles, and quite similar.

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

It's not really depressing though, in the end there was hope. Just imagine visits and talks once Tsubame has time to figure out why Saori's touches always upset her. It's clear that Saori is head over heels, Tsubame just has to grow up a little to understand more. ^.^

These nice things have a certain way of not happening, unfortunately. Two people are sure they'll see each other again, but all it takes is for one party to fail to communicate a single time, for a relationship to evaporate.

"Sometimes a dream is just a dream, it feels so real for so long, and then, in an instant, it's gone."

The difference is, we don't see this failure. I prefer to think of it as something different.

In two months when Tsubame's dad returns, she's coaxed into visiting Saori (it really doesn't take much convincing). She's in awe of Tokyo, of how Saori still shines so brightly in the city. They make up no thanks to Tsubame's very awkward attempts.

Fast forward eight months. They've been keeping in contact, though Saori is busy. She's loving the city and her new acting troupe, but parts of her still miss Tsubame. She thinks maybe it's for the best, and soon she'll be able to move on. Not yet though; she's not in a hurry to get her heart broken again.

Tsubame, who always thought she'd be content in her village, itches to see Tokyo again. Well, that's how she interprets it. Soon she'll finish school, and maybe in the back of her mind is a niggling thought (that she doesn't acknowledge) that maybe Tokyo wouldn't be a bad place to live, at least for a little while. She decides to visit Saori again during the break.

It strikes Saori how much she still loves Tsubame, even after so many months of distance. She tries not to fall back into old traps, but Tsubame acclimates surprisingly well to Saori's odd schedule.

Tsubame has always loved watching Saori perform, but when she sits in on rehearsal and sees how Saori acts with another of the actresses, a kernel of jealousy grows in her heart. She doesn't understand it, not fully. It grows the longer she stays. The day before she's set to return home and she sees the other actress touching her Saori, it suddenly strikes her.

That night, Saori surprises her with strawberry tarts and Tsubame tries in her very awkward way to talk to Saori. It doesn't go well. Frustrated, Tsubame sees how red Saori's lips are from the strawberries and has an idea. The kiss is short, but both girls are blushing furiously. Tsubame makes an awkward comment about how it looked like Saori's lip was bleeding.

Saori kisses her again.

The end scene would be Tsubame grinning on the train home - until someone notices her. She stops for a moment, but then goes right back to smiling. Her heart is full, and she's decided to apply to some schools in Tokyo after all. Who knows what kind of trouble Saori would get to on her own.

Ahem, anyway, that's how I like to think of it.

I love this headcanon! Thanks for coming up with it.

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

Is this the last bit of this series? The table of contents doesn't have any more chapters listed.

There is one more extra from volume 2 that we are still working on.
You can also find this sort of information at our website, http://lililicious.net

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

Whatever happened to the "Gold and Silver Tips" stuff he talked about so happily in his author's note at the end of the series, anyway? Did that just end up falling through?

Yes, he only ever did one installment of it, to my knowledge.

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

THIS SERIES IS CONTINUEING?

There have been no further chapters in Yuri Hime, and I haven't seen any recent announcements about whether Fujieda plans to do any more for the magazine.

He has been doing Amber Teahouse stories for the Lilyca doujinshi anthology, so we are planning to scanlate those Amber Teahouse installments (aside from the one that has already been scanlated by Yuri Project). There are 4 issues of Lilyca out so far.

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

One more thing, I'm not convinced with how Mayu's brother was presented. He's just used as a tool for advancing the plot about the MCs and is cast aside as soon as it's done. Poor guy doesn't even get a partner!

Takemiya somewhat makes up for that by devoting an entire extra to him in volume 2 (that's the one we haven't finished editing yet). So he does get a brief chance to shine!

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

How many chapters of this are left now?

Three. One from volume 2, and two from volume 3.

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

FYI, we are still working on "Fragment," the final extra from volume 2. Hopefully it will be done soon, but in the meantime, please enjoy these first few extras from volume 3!

last edited at Apr 27, 2017 1:07PM

pkChinensis Uploader
Collectors discussion 17 Apr 07:10
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

Do we know if they are still going to be translating the last 10 chapters? now that I know it has a complete ending I really want to read the last of it, or do you know where to find the RAW's at, if at all? :o

Yes, we are still translating it.

We can always use more graphics editors to help with our projects, if you would like to see things done sooner.

You can buy the eBooks from most Japanese digital bookstores if you would like to read it in Japanese.

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

Well, that is a crappy rule they have! Take a huge number of people who actually would use donated sperm and prohibit hospitals from assisting them with insemination! Brilliant! (Not just Lesbians, but also single women and, very technically, anyone who is serving as a surrogate.)

Yes, and I doubt Japan is unique in doing that. I haven't researched the situation in other countries, but in the US, the question is whether your health insurance will cover it, because ART (assistive reproductive technology) can get expensive. If the insurance covers it at all, some restrict it to couples who would be able to get pregnant together if not for fertility problems.

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

I guess they are writing about the journey almost in real time? In other words, one of them hasn't had the baby yet? Even the final chapter in the contents says to our future child. It also looks tankobonish, so maybe it can already be bought in Japan (or in my case from Japan via Honto).

Yes, the tankoubon is available for purchase in both physical and digital form from Japanese bookstores. The ISBN is 4040683617.
And as you guessed from the table of contents, they have not conceived yet by the end of the book.

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

I'll be glad to help. ^_^

Great, thanks! I've emailed you, so you can edit your post to remove your address if you don't want it out there.

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

I can help in the cleaning section. I don't have a tablet so cant redraw but can use stamp tool.

Would you be interested in working for Lililicious?

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

Cute but we need more work with this series!!

Your wish has been answered.

Now that one was nice. I didn't take the time to look up kanji or words I didn't immediately recognize, but I still got enough out of it. I mean Nanao actually, (real spoiler) right after graduation, voluntarily came out in front of her friends about her and Matsumoto-sensei. And it provoked Abi and Kiiko coming out too! And there's another couple in the background!

I hope somebody picks this short extra up soon. I suppose if nobody else does, I'll get to it myself eventually, but who knows when?

Lililicious is doing it.

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

Does anyone know if the last part of love & pieces will be scanlated? Be good to know the ending for Yuki and Tanako.

Yes, we are still working on the project.
As always, we could use more graphics editors to help out.

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

I'm just gauging interest here, but would people be interested in something like the first post in this thread, only comprehensive? I'm thinking a classifieds page released once or twice a month that lists all current yuri scanlators and what positions they're looking to fill. Also, would list freelancers looking for work.

I would find that useful!