Forum › Stars and Swallows discussion

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

Well, that was depressing. Still, I like it.

if this doesnt get a sequel Imma riot

Stories like this usually don't get sequels irl.

This.

last edited at Jul 17, 2017 4:27AM

He-man-friends
joined Jan 16, 2014

gramps' woke

Little Red Rum
joined Mar 6, 2015

Again with the onion-cutting ninjas!!

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Angst.

Sighs......such a painful genre.

Lomographic Colored Past
74ec91ae-b46c-44be-9b5e-7c40e1fb423d
joined Dec 29, 2016

Sequel please! and make it with a * cough * happy ending * cough *

N7
joined Aug 12, 2014

I demand next chapter, please. Don't leave me hanging with this feeling now!

pkChinensis Uploader
Lililicious
joined Jan 9, 2011

It's not really depressing though, in the end there was hope. Just imagine visits and talks once Tsubame has time to figure out why Saori's touches always upset her. It's clear that Saori is head over heels, Tsubame just has to grow up a little to understand more. ^.^

These nice things have a certain way of not happening, unfortunately. Two people are sure they'll see each other again, but all it takes is for one party to fail to communicate a single time, for a relationship to evaporate.

"Sometimes a dream is just a dream, it feels so real for so long, and then, in an instant, it's gone."

The difference is, we don't see this failure. I prefer to think of it as something different.

In two months when Tsubame's dad returns, she's coaxed into visiting Saori (it really doesn't take much convincing). She's in awe of Tokyo, of how Saori still shines so brightly in the city. They make up no thanks to Tsubame's very awkward attempts.

Fast forward eight months. They've been keeping in contact, though Saori is busy. She's loving the city and her new acting troupe, but parts of her still miss Tsubame. She thinks maybe it's for the best, and soon she'll be able to move on. Not yet though; she's not in a hurry to get her heart broken again.

Tsubame, who always thought she'd be content in her village, itches to see Tokyo again. Well, that's how she interprets it. Soon she'll finish school, and maybe in the back of her mind is a niggling thought (that she doesn't acknowledge) that maybe Tokyo wouldn't be a bad place to live, at least for a little while. She decides to visit Saori again during the break.

It strikes Saori how much she still loves Tsubame, even after so many months of distance. She tries not to fall back into old traps, but Tsubame acclimates surprisingly well to Saori's odd schedule.

Tsubame has always loved watching Saori perform, but when she sits in on rehearsal and sees how Saori acts with another of the actresses, a kernel of jealousy grows in her heart. She doesn't understand it, not fully. It grows the longer she stays. The day before she's set to return home and she sees the other actress touching her Saori, it suddenly strikes her.

That night, Saori surprises her with strawberry tarts and Tsubame tries in her very awkward way to talk to Saori. It doesn't go well. Frustrated, Tsubame sees how red Saori's lips are from the strawberries and has an idea. The kiss is short, but both girls are blushing furiously. Tsubame makes an awkward comment about how it looked like Saori's lip was bleeding.

Saori kisses her again.

The end scene would be Tsubame grinning on the train home - until someone notices her. She stops for a moment, but then goes right back to smiling. Her heart is full, and she's decided to apply to some schools in Tokyo after all. Who knows what kind of trouble Saori would get to on her own.

Ahem, anyway, that's how I like to think of it.

I love this headcanon! Thanks for coming up with it.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Omg T^T poor girl of course it hurts for her too

Fb_img_1530309543728
joined Dec 9, 2015

as an angsty teenage i like the ending

Tmp_11996-nanofate-3-11937795520
joined Dec 6, 2013

wipes tear

joined Jul 26, 2016

Grandpa wins an Internet, though.

joined Aug 10, 2016

if this doesnt get a sequel Imma riot

Stories like this usually don't get sequels irl.

This comment was too real.

you think I came here to deal with the real world?

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

To everyone going through a harsh time IRL similar to what happened in this manga: it gets better in time.

Or, at the very least, you get used to the pain.

taiyou_scandalous
Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-t7xta6axzfsg
joined Jul 20, 2014

there are tears

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Nevermind cute tsun never mind we're both girls. The most annoying sad trope in most of these works is "once HS is over no one ever ever contacts anyone so just give up. Out of sight, out of mind." It's ubiquitous in Japanese stories.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Nevermind cute tsun never mind we're both girls. The most annoying sad trope in most of these works is "once HS is over no one ever ever contacts anyone so just give up. Out of sight, out of mind." It's ubiquitous in Japanese stories.

Except in Kase-san.

last edited at Jul 17, 2017 1:33PM

joined May 7, 2011

Well, its ubiquitous in RL as well. Although many people keep in touch with high school friends, others do not. Also high school love affairs are seldom long lasting. It's a time when people are learning how to behave in love affairs. Often the learning is painful and sad. While fluffy high school love stories are fun, I find the painful ones more interesting particularly if the characters seem to have grown a bit.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Artist for Rock it, Girl!? fanboy squeal So that's why I like the art! Especially the faces.
It was well done even if I feel like I've read this type of story so many times. MUST be a popular theme/problem. The two leads were appealing in their own right. Grandpa seems to be somewhat on the money there. Heh.

last edited at Jul 17, 2017 4:12PM

Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

We all knew what we got into when we saw the 'angst' tag

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Uuuuuh.
Time to lie in bed for the rest of the day and try not to cry.

Littleawkward1
74e8265c5f8df739e286deab7c984524
joined Jan 26, 2017

I want more! But we're probably not gonna get one :(

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

This was like a throwback to old school yuri oneshots that have bittersweet endings xd. So nostalgic.

Throwback? This is the real deal!

joined Mar 15, 2017

This was in the last issue of Yuri Hime when it was still quarterly, before it relaunched as bimonthly, in 2010.

Nuku_nuku_13
joined Aug 27, 2013

Very nice, well paced! The sparse writing said a lot with a few words (the translation must be excellent too!).
You just know there will be a sequel and they will live happily ever after!

Tuna%20copy
joined Nov 7, 2014

Damn. The art turned me off a little at first but this was elegant, quiet and touching.

To reply you must either login or sign up.