Forum › Posts by Beagles

Beagles
joined Jun 7, 2017

I subbed and read everything on manga planet... Did the series get cancelled or is that how it was supposed to end??? I mean it's fine, but it felt like there was going to be more. (I wanted more. This is such a sweet, wholesome adult life story.)

Beagles
Double Bind discussion 12 Jan 03:26
joined Jun 7, 2017

I always got the vibe that Emi never expressed herself much in this relationship. I felt like Mayu telling her she fell in love with a guy was a sort of test based on how her face looked when Emi was just like, "Okay" to breaking up.

I've seen this in other manga, and in real life.

I think Mayu walking back into Emi's life was another test, but for both of them. Mayu wasn't happy, but her interpretation Emi was fine either way.

I'd like to believe her, "Tell me" at the end was simply because that's what she wanted all along. I'm not saying any of this is healthy, but it is how I've always interpreted it.

I prefer to think they figured things out somehow with open lines of communication.

joined Jun 7, 2017

thanks, in this year of 2020, for not tagging this appropriately because you didn't want to spoil

Beagles
joined Jun 7, 2017

I was scared it was more school girl age gap. What a delightful surprise! So thrilled the mangaka changed the end. I want to read more about them.

Beagles
joined Jun 7, 2017

This.

Thanks so much! This would have annoyed me for days.

Beagles
joined Jun 7, 2017

I've been trying to find (what I think was) a one shot. At this point I'm most annoyed I can't remember the name than anything else.

In it, the school girl MC likes her friend, who appears to like the MC's perfect older sister. I think the friend agrees to help her study (or something?) in exchange for little notes with things the older sister likes. Jealous, the MC actually writes facts about herself.

joined Jun 7, 2017

legit thought Nikaidou was going to turn around and be all "the only trash I see here is you" but this was so much better

Beagles
joined Jun 7, 2017

Got the app, earned the coins, spent some and hearted as much as possible for this series.

This is so cute, I love all the cute moments/blushing and based on all the chapters I got to sneak peek we'll get lots more cuteness. ^.^

last edited at Apr 20, 2018 8:27AM

Beagles
Citrus discussion 18 Feb 05:40
joined Jun 7, 2017

Maybe it'll drop the melodrama, fast forward to when they're both adults and Yuzu becomes a teacher at Mei's school. Yuzu is adored by all though she tends to bend the rules. Mei isn't sure why she's there, but won't deny her the job since she's technically qualified and it would raise questions.

They haven't really seen talked to each other except in passing for years. This Yuzu is different, but still the same in the lot of ways that matter. Yuzu got over her years ago, easier than Mei thought she would. That had hurt then but she understood she had no right to say anything. Her life is bland, boring, and predictable.

Or, it was, before Yuzu came back.

sigh I mean, it would be nice. I haven't really been keeping up since the manga went all over the place, but I skim through to confirm it's still not the kind of thing I'd fully enjoy. A shame, since I really liked the art in the beginning. I'm still hoping for some kind of hail mary for this to become something I could really enjoy again.

Beagles
joined Jun 7, 2017

Don't question it after a day full of depressing/frustrating yuri.

I will immerse myself in these cute mostly fluffy feels to wash away the bad feelings from all the rest this day has brought. (ಥ﹏ಥ)

joined Jun 7, 2017

Sometimes in a relationship when someone has betrayed you and you're trying very hard to forgive and move on because you love them there comes a time when you know you can't fake it anymore. It's exhausting and tiring, and pretending to forgive and move on just doesn't work.

A lot of times you think of that in what should the happy, easy moments. You think "things are so great right now, I should be happy" but the truth is you haven't been able to let go of that betrayal. The trust isn't there, and though you've been able to be happy sometimes, that lack of trust is slowly destroying you and your partner. So I completely understand Sungji leaving during the festival. Having been in Sungji's shoes of trying to move on after a partner's betrayal, I relate to her choice here.

Also, I mean, Sumin "chose" Sungji after cheating. To anyone, that could be guilt. Seju was already her emotional punching bag at this point and she knew Seju would stick around even after not being chosen.

I'm reminded how very much I loathe Sumin every time I see her interact with anyone she "loves". Honestly I would prefer Seju/Sungji or everyone alone at this point. Sumin is not a victim. She made her choices and got everyone mixed up in this gigantic mess. I want to scream at her because she has a really messed up way of showing how she loves people.

Beagles
Collectors discussion 31 Jul 05:53
joined Jun 7, 2017

I like the concept and characters in this series, but the panel format, combined with the rather wordy dialogue, makes it feel kind of... uncomfortably dense? There's nothing too abnormal about how the characters talk, but almost every single sentence is written in a formal manner. I think a little terseness, and perhaps a slightly less literal translation, could have gone a long way.

So you would rather the translator didn't actually translate what was there, but instead summarized what was there? I thought the whole point is to keep the mangaka's works as intact as possible? This is the style for this manga. In the raws, a lot is crammed into the panels. That's just the style of Collectors itself.

Beagles
Lily Love discussion 25 Jul 18:54
joined Jun 7, 2017

Hopefully Lily Love 2 is more like Lily Love 1 than Pulse. I don't like all the tangents Pulse has gone on, I stopped buying the chapters on Lezhin pretty early, but bought all of Lily Love 1 even though I read it here free.

joined Jun 7, 2017

Huh? Is that all? Where is my wedding ceremony? Where is exactly Married Life? I'm slightly disappointed.

I'm afraid married life is actually generally pretty mundane. When I saw this I thought "yes, that is exactly a slice of married life." Now if it had said The Wedding or The Ceremony or something like that, I would expect a wedding.

I thought this was a very cute and simple way to show they're still together. ^.^

Beagles
joined Jun 7, 2017

I think the Lililicious translator is very good, so I would go with what she says as far as "eek" versus "yes".

last edited at Jul 20, 2017 10:21PM

Beagles
joined Jun 7, 2017

It's not really depressing though, in the end there was hope. Just imagine visits and talks once Tsubame has time to figure out why Saori's touches always upset her. It's clear that Saori is head over heels, Tsubame just has to grow up a little to understand more. ^.^

These nice things have a certain way of not happening, unfortunately. Two people are sure they'll see each other again, but all it takes is for one party to fail to communicate a single time, for a relationship to evaporate.

"Sometimes a dream is just a dream, it feels so real for so long, and then, in an instant, it's gone."

The difference is, we don't see this failure. I prefer to think of it as something different.

In two months when Tsubame's dad returns, she's coaxed into visiting Saori (it really doesn't take much convincing). She's in awe of Tokyo, of how Saori still shines so brightly in the city. They make up no thanks to Tsubame's very awkward attempts.

Fast forward eight months. They've been keeping in contact, though Saori is busy. She's loving the city and her new acting troupe, but parts of her still miss Tsubame. She thinks maybe it's for the best, and soon she'll be able to move on. Not yet though; she's not in a hurry to get her heart broken again.

Tsubame, who always thought she'd be content in her village, itches to see Tokyo again. Well, that's how she interprets it. Soon she'll finish school, and maybe in the back of her mind is a niggling thought (that she doesn't acknowledge) that maybe Tokyo wouldn't be a bad place to live, at least for a little while. She decides to visit Saori again during the break.

It strikes Saori how much she still loves Tsubame, even after so many months of distance. She tries not to fall back into old traps, but Tsubame acclimates surprisingly well to Saori's odd schedule.

Tsubame has always loved watching Saori perform, but when she sits in on rehearsal and sees how Saori acts with another of the actresses, a kernel of jealousy grows in her heart. She doesn't understand it, not fully. It grows the longer she stays. The day before she's set to return home and she sees the other actress touching her Saori, it suddenly strikes her.

That night, Saori surprises her with strawberry tarts and Tsubame tries in her very awkward way to talk to Saori. It doesn't go well. Frustrated, Tsubame sees how red Saori's lips are from the strawberries and has an idea. The kiss is short, but both girls are blushing furiously. Tsubame makes an awkward comment about how it looked like Saori's lip was bleeding.

Saori kisses her again.

The end scene would be Tsubame grinning on the train home - until someone notices her. She stops for a moment, but then goes right back to smiling. Her heart is full, and she's decided to apply to some schools in Tokyo after all. Who knows what kind of trouble Saori would get to on her own.

Ahem, anyway, that's how I like to think of it.

last edited at Jul 17, 2017 3:07AM

Beagles
joined Jun 7, 2017

It's not really depressing though, in the end there was hope. Just imagine visits and talks once Tsubame has time to figure out why Saori's touches always upset her. It's clear that Saori is head over heels, Tsubame just has to grow up a little to understand more. ^.^

Beagles
joined Jun 7, 2017

Can someone help me find that one manga with the twins, one of whom is a famous singer? I forgot its title and can't seem to find it again. :-(

The only one I can think of with twins is KiLa KiLa, but one is a famous model (not a singer).

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kila_kila
https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/rin_rin (sequel)

Beagles
joined Jun 7, 2017

I don't think it's necessary for Sayaka to say explicitly that she's gay since it's pretty obvious she is and has accepted that fact after she fell for Touko, like she explained to coffee lady. I do agree that sexuality is not the focus of the manga, but saying readers can identify the characters the way they want is a bit wrong because someone could say they see Yuu as asexual and that's obviously not the case. Thing is labels aren't very important here though.

I guess my comment wasn't very clear lol I never claim that Sayaka isn't a lesbian. Was just saying that the manga doesn't bother identifying her sexuality since it's not the focus of the story. & when I say readers can identify the characters however they want, I mean that there's nothing to stop them from identifying the characters. We're free to call Sayaka a lesbian, Maki an asexual, etc. but the manga isn't going to confirm any of those labels since that's not its focus. Seriously, unless we get a sex scene between Yuu & Touko, there will still be people out there claiming Yuu's asexual.

As a married asexual, I would like to point out that having sex has nothing to do with asexuality. Asexuality just means that you do not experience sexual attraction. Asexuals may still have sex (non-asexuals have sex with people they're not sexually attracted to all the time) it just means that they're usually doing it for other reasons.

Some asexuals are sex averse and do not like to have sex at all. Others think it might be fun now and then. The only difference is that all asexuals do not experience sexual attraction.

I'm not saying that Yuu is or isn't, I would just like to clarify this. I would actually say she had more aromantic leanings until recent chapters, but I wouldn't go up to anyone shouting that she's this or that - because it's not canon. I prefer just to experience the story as it is, appreciating all the development as it goes along.

I'm looking forward to more chapters.

joined Jun 7, 2017

There's a plan for 3 extras to be done. One with the main pair, two with other pairs.

A plan, anyway. Optimistically, hopefully, schedules will allow for the plan to go through.

joined Jun 7, 2017

Woah, genuinely surprised to see of another work for The Amber Teahouse, the last update was in 2013, 4 years ago

Apparently they'd been looking for an editor for a while, the timing just didn't work out.

Ah, I love the Amber Teahouse. ٩(˘◡˘)۶

last edited at Jun 7, 2017 2:45PM